Bell's Christmas Ale - Bell's Brewery, Inc.

Bell's Christmas AleBell's Christmas Ale

good

Bell's Brewery, Inc. visit their website

Scottish Ale |  5.40% ABV

(Beer added by: BierFan on 11-06-2008)

Goldfoot, Dec 16, 2011

horrorspecialty, Nov 16, 2011

zchops, Apr 15, 2012

bdeast1, Nov 28, 2011
4.83/5  rDev +35.3%

Ok, I'm a big fan of Bell's so I came in assuming I would already love it. For a Scotch, it's a little weaker than I would prefer, but regardless I really enjoyed this brew and went back for more.

My favorite beer appearance is a reddish/golden look and this matches up perfectly. Nice froth on the poor, not too much lace left behind, and an excellent ale aroma. A nice beer that tastes like a beer, something I'm always looking for.

BellsGuy, Jan 01, 2009
4.78/5  rDev +33.9%
look: 4.75 | smell: 5 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 5 | overall: 4.5

Appearance is a beautiful brown to red color with a finger length head. Smell- I can smell beautiful types of fruit, some honey, some wheat. Just a beautiful smell I really love the smell of this beer. Taste- So I have to be honest. I am from Cleveland Ohio and I am going to college in Michigan and very upset because Great Lakes Brewing Company's Christmas ale just came out in Cleveland and I can't get it in Michigan so I saw this at the store and said I'd give it a try not expecting much. I'm shocked. It's great! It starts with a hoppy like honey taste and finishes with a beautifully smooth yet strong cinnamon taste. I think it competes hard with Great Lakes Christmas Ale the only thing I don't like as much about it as it is only 5.5 abv and Great lakes is 7.5% abv. Other than that I'm loving this beer. This is my second beer by Bell's and I'm loving this brewer. Mouth feel- the moth feel is exactly what it should be for this type of beer. I is easy to drink and smooth but has a perfect amount of carbonation. This beer is great and makes being away from my hometown of Cleveland and away from my Great Lakes Christmas Ale a little bit easier. Just a Great Beer. A Must Try! Just to say though I think my rating might be a bit higher because it totally surpassed my expectations.

smptenor, Nov 10, 2013
4.78/5  rDev +33.9%

I couldn’t stop raving about this. Wow.

It pours a light auburn color, almost like a dark blood orange tint. It’s lightly hopped with a bit of citrus and a touch of pine to it. Not a hoppy beer but I’m wondering if the hops are more forward with a fresh batch (bottled in October, purchased/drunk on Christmas Eve)? Regardless it was still great. I picked up some sweet cherry notes, a light maltiness that held up, and just a fantastic pleasing finish as well. What a treat.

elNopalero, Dec 27, 2011

MrJolly, Dec 22, 2012

Johnhaley1989, Oct 05, 2012
4.75/5  rDev +33.1%

Poured into a bells pint glass.

Clear copper with a hue of ruby red with a one inch tight head and ample lace.

Smells of blended malts, honey and cinnamon with a nice spicey hop variety.

I agree with this categorized as a Scottish Ale; the flavor profile is VERY malt driven. I am very impressed at they way they utilized the malts to create such a unique and satisfying elixir in coordination with the hop variety both local Michigan hops and Pacific coast. It is hard to explain how perfect this beer is.... I love it!
Rich caramel and munich malts, cara-vienna and crisp marris otter blended with fresh wet hops locally grown and blended with possibly Warrior or yakima magnum gives it a nice alpla bite. THis stuff kicks ass!

Easy as hell to drink!

Buy a case and share with friends and family!

Cheers!

GordonQuid, Nov 23, 2009
4.58/5  rDev +28.3%

Appearance: Pure tan. Fizzy white head bubbles down to a wispy but present lacing on top of the beer and around the edge of the glass. Slight reddish tint to the beer. Somewhat cloudy, active carbonation.

Smell: Wheaty...cloves, raisins...just a touch of caramel in the malt, maybe. Very pure, a great smelling Scottish ale!

Taste/Mouthfeel: Mmm, very mellow, low (but present) bitterness, warmth from the alcohol, sweet bread or raisin bread, a great beer to chew for a moment. Cloves in the aftertaste. Medium carbonation.

Drinkability: It deserves a 5, in my book. Very tasty, not overly estery, not cloying, not weighed down in malt but not empty-bodied either. Perfect.

I love Scottish ales, and this is a good example by an American brewery.

Lauthaha, Dec 03, 2010

Josiahsouthworth, Dec 22, 2011

Oester16, Dec 22, 2012

brandoman63, Nov 27, 2011

Skott1123, Apr 13, 2013
Bell's Christmas Ale from Bell's Brewery, Inc.