Bell's Winter White Ale - Bell's Brewery, Inc.

Bell's Winter White AleBell's Winter White Ale

good

good

Bell's Brewery, Inc. visit their website

Witbier |  5.00% ABV

Fermented with a Belgian ale yeast, this blend of barley & wheat malts yields a mixture of clove and fruity aromas, all without the use of any spices. Deliberately brewed to retain a cloudy appearance.

(Beer added by: maxpower on 02-22-2003)
Sort by:  Recent | Likes | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Bell's Winter White Ale Alström Bros

3.75/5  rDev +3.3%

I know this often gets rated lower than most Bell's beers, or many beers in general, but I like it. To me, it's a simple, refreshing, everyday winter beer that's goes down easy. I can drink it with dinner or while watching the ballgame. I like the fruitiness and the spices. I will admit that it borders on a summer beer rather than a winter, but I truly enjoy it. It's one of those beers I try not to overthink -- I just like it as a solid, simple, balanced beer.

3.65/5  rDev +0.6%
look: 3.75 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.5

3.78/5  rDev +4.1%
look: 3.75 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 4 | overall: 3.75

Pours a nice dark and hazy gold. The white head burns off quickly. The aroma is light hit has nice light spice and wheat notes. The taste is much the same if not a little more robust. It has nice thickness and a pleasant hint of carbonation.

3.5/5  rDev -3.6%

I had beer at my local taproom. A/cloudy yellow glass was brought to me in a standard pint glass. S/I didn't pick up too much here, just a touch of yeast and hops. T/Not much going on here. I got a small amount of hops, banana, and yeast. O/ Light easy drinking beer. Not very complex but very enjoyable and non offensive. I found that the remainder of my glass went very well with the pizza that was brought to me. I would pick this up for a lazy afternoon where you just want something light.

3.25/5  rDev -10.5%

3.8/5  rDev +4.7%

3.52/5  rDev -3%

4.52/5  rDev +24.5%

3.5/5  rDev -3.6%

Normally don't go in for Wits but this is pretty good. Pours a very pale cloudy yellow. Heavier mouthfeel. Light and "belgiany" overall, slight spice (apparently just from the malts, the description says none were added) and fruity on the nose and palate. Abrupt finish.

3.9/5  rDev +7.4%

3.96/5  rDev +9.1%

3.5/5  rDev -3.6%

Bell's Winter White Ale from Bell's Brewery, Inc.