St. Feuillien Triple - Brasserie St. Feuillien

St. Feuillien TripleSt. Feuillien Triple

Brasserie St. Feuillien visit their website

Tripel |  8.50% ABV

(Beer added by: Todd on 12-07-2002)

BhojanBevGuy, Nov 23, 2012
1.5/5  rDev -62.2%

Coren, Oct 17, 2013
1.75/5  rDev -55.9%

schavuytje, Mar 31, 2014

squarebottle, Apr 02, 2012

producerchris82, Jan 21, 2013
2.17/5  rDev -45.3%

Cloudy overly odd looking beer....a lot is going on here that the snobs of yeast aren't for ad me ok with big yeast is kind unimpressed. Head didn't work as well for me as others claim.

The nose is apples, pears, and spices...a lot of them. A bit of nice hops and flavor.

The body is over carbonated!!! But nothing new. Thick body but doesn't feel creamy as I like

A touch too hot...maybe way hot by some views.

I don't dislike this one either. This brewer seems to not screw up the styles or make them overly boring but they seems to miss things.

bobhits, Dec 23, 2011
2.63/5  rDev -33.8%

Blond cloudy with little foam that disappears quickly, smells a lot like european hops. Quite carbonated and I think citrus. Strong taste of hops, but still balanced. The alcohol is not too overwhelming in the mouth. Plain beer with few interesting notes: not bad, but I expected a lot more.

Bucciamarcia, Aug 17, 2013
2.7/5  rDev -32%

POP! went the cork on this bad boy – umm, can’t wait for the tripel. Bright golden yellow, smallish white head - sticky laces. But wait, aroma is somewhat weak, just some thin malts and floral appear. Oh no, what a subdued tasting – just hints of sweet malt instead of a rich & malty brew - no fruit either. Just a thin, over carbed soda pop. Crap, this was really disappointing – no wonder it’s retired.

Vancer, Sep 21, 2005
2.75/5  rDev -30.7%

fisherbray, Apr 24, 2012
2.83/5  rDev -28.7%

Bought the St. Feuillien gift pack; came with the Blonde, Brune, and Triple.. as well as a pretty nice chalice.

Appearance: Poured this tripel into my newly acquired St. Feuillien chalice and observed it's pale amber, perhaps dull, chill hazed yellowish color and compact white head.

Smell: there's some hop spice, that yeasty Belgian bottle conditioned aroma, and maybe a bit of fruitiness.

Taste: Here's where it loses me; there's an unpleasant flavor that lingers at the very back of the tongue.. it's like a harsh, dry, phenolic taste that really brings this beer down. And the yeast doesn't really "pop" with pleasant esters like some of the better examples of this style.

Mouthfeel: the mouthfeel is what is to be expected; medium bodied, adequate carbonation.

Overall: Sorry, but this one doesn't really do it for me, and I usually always enjoy the tripel style. If you see this one on the shelves, I would suggest passing it over for La Fin Du Monde or Westmalle Tripel.

BlastBeats, Mar 01, 2012
2.85/5  rDev -28.2%

I was exited to try this beer, I saw it was high in the charts, but I am disappointed.

This beer pours a yellow orange beer with a crude head and some sticky foam.

Smell was ripe green apples, with some cork and a bit solvent.

Taste was corky and dry, almost like chewing a cork. Lots of solvent and banana, alcoholic. Body was pretty full at the beginning. After I got used to the solvent, I found this beer slightly oxidized and cardboard. I don't think I like this beer, it is too sharp and appears to be out of balance, over the top. Too bad.

Absumaster, Aug 30, 2006

wattoclone, Sep 12, 2012

humulusphile, Dec 13, 2013

DGSchmitt, Apr 23, 2013

gavroche, Jun 18, 2013

Hack72, Mar 16, 2012

cowboy83, Aug 17, 2012

hawkmage, Dec 31, 2011

A - A good amount of head that dissipated quickly leaving a hefty lacing down the sides of the glass. The beer itself is a clear rich golden brew.

S - Light malt and champagne grapes. Not a lot going on here, but it isn't unpleasant.

T - A faint hay flavor with a touch of dry maltiness and champagne grapes. Aftertaste is a faint bitterness with a bit of grassy hops and faint spicy white pepper.

M - Smooth, very thin, pretty refreshing.

D - Good, a bit too mild as I prefer a pronounced tripel.

mrasskicktastic, Apr 16, 2007
3.08/5  rDev -22.4%

11.2 oz. bottle into a wine glass. No freshness or bottling date, but I know I bought this at least two years ago, and I'm holding this holds up.

Appearance: Golden yellow with little haze, but hardly any carbonation and no lacing. Too cold? Not sure what's going on, but doesn't look like a Tripel to me.

Smell: I get candi sugar, mild bananas, mild cream, and some yeast, but really nothing else. It's balanced yes, but if someone told me this was a domestic I would've believed them.

Taste: Again, balanced, with the candi sugar and mild banana and fruit flavors, with a sweet finish and not much mildness, which can become a bit sweet.

Mouthfeel: A bit too cloying without enough carbonation, making harder to get more of the flavors than I'd anticipated.

Drinkability: I suppose I should say that when I cracked open the bottle -- and later checked the cap after I'd consumed it -- there was an odd brown color, that of which I've never seen. Could that be oxidation? I'm not sure, but I know I wouldn't try this again. The bottle didn't explode or anything, and the taste wasn't peculiarly out of context or anything, but I have a feeling something may have happened to it as far as oxidation, but I'm not sure...

asabreed, May 17, 2008
3.08/5  rDev -22.4%

Nose is slightly fruity, slightly green grapes, alcohol as well. Malty body, but also with grain alcohol, which is unfortunately still very present.

What is even stranger than this brewery's products are usually excellent compromise. Is detected here and there a friendly and hops on one side lemon (vitamin C probably) but it is unfortunately too little digestible for a standard.

ThaCreep, Nov 20, 2011
3.08/5  rDev -22.4%

Review from notes taken while I enjoyed this beer on tap at The Bavarian Lodge in Lisle, IL with (among others) my two brothers-in-law Steven and Mat August 21st, 2010. Mat lives within minutes of this place and we enjoy visiting there when I am in town. Poured into a Bavarian Lodge logo'd tulip glass.

A Hazy yellow body under a generous creamy head. At least a good look for a beer of my favorite style. 4.0

S Fruitty sweet malt and heat of alcohol. This has a lot of promise as, again, it is my favorite style. 4.5

T I was looking forward to some candi sugar sweetness and heat of alcohol in the taste but what I got was the heat from the alcohol but then some bitterness mixed in which I presume is from the Belgian yeast but could be from some hops (?). I am disappointed in this taste after what was a very promising smell. 2.5

M On the thin side vs. most other triples that I have had but it is within style limits I suppose. 2.5

D Only fair. This represents my favorite style but, compared to so many other triples (Weyerbacher Merry Monks Ale, Allagash Curieux, Unibroue La Fin du Monde come immediately to mind) are much easier for me to get and are better. 3.0

adamette, Aug 30, 2010
3.13/5  rDev -21.2%

Opened this 750 ml bottle with very high expectations, and poured it into a glass.

Poured a fairly light, straw yellow with a head that formed very nicely but didnt hang around for nearly as long as I had hoped it would and left literally no lacing. I gave it a 3 because it is average by my standards, but was very disappointed as I was expecting this to be a very high quality ale.

The smell gave me hints of some interesting fruits, but nothing to really balance it out. It almost smelled like wine, with definite hints of pears and some grapes. Fairly bland as far as belgian beers go.

The taste pretty much followed suit with the smell, although I could notice some nice maltiness which added a bit to the overall flavor and made the taste definitely a step up from the smell. It was very hard for me to notice any hops at all.

Honestly, if you put this into a bud light bottle im sure I would have said it was incredible. I had just heard a number of great things about this beer, and found it to be fairly standrad as far as Belgian beers go.

HURTemHIZZY, Aug 05, 2009
3.23/5  rDev -18.6%

Presentation: Poured from a squat little 11.2 oz brown bottle into a Duvel chalice. Label depicts a riverside monastery and a man carrying some crops in a basket. No clear freshness date.

Appearance: Pours with a massive 3 1/2 finger dense, white head. This settles very slowly and very little, still maintaining about 2 fingers several minutes after the pour. Very nice lacing. The beer itself is a golden honey with a massive amount of activity; a torrent rises from the nucleation site.

Smell: Candy-like sweetness with strong aroma of bubblegum esters.

Taste: Nice big-bubble prickle of carbonation as it touches the tongue. Semi sweet, sugary malt. All in all, tastes watered down; like half of a good triple and the rest water. This gets a little better as it warms, but it still is not overly flavorful. Alcohol is hidden very well.

Mouthfeel: Average carbonation level. Body is good.

Drinkability: Not bad, but all in all, this seemed lacking a little in the punch department.

beveritt, Dec 10, 2008
3.23/5  rDev -18.6%

This triple has a colour like a light egg yolk. it´s cloudy and pours a head with big bubbles, it fades a bit, but the foam stays on the side of the glass.

The smell is fresh and subacid, quite compact.

The beer has a strong taste, a bit "chewy". Light to medium body, relatively big hops in the aftertaste. the alcohol comes trough.

It feels strong and soft in the mouth, with an edge of sharpness.

An ok beer, and rather cheap for an imported Belgian beer i Denmark, but there are better brews in this genre that I´d prefer to this one...

foamyhead, Jun 27, 2004