Julius - Tree House Brewing Company

Wants: 1,135
Tree House Brewing Company visit their website
Massachusetts, United States

Beer added by: Jason on 10-17-2012

Bursting with 1.6 oz per gallon of American hops, Julius is loaded with notes of passionfruit, mango, and citrus. At 6.5% alcohol, it is refreshing and freakishly drinkable.
Sort by:  Recent | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Julius Alström Bros
Ratings: 1,279 | Reviews: 163

I picked up a 6 pack of this at the brewery on 4/25/15.
A: Bright orange, hazy in color with a nice foamy white head.
S: Immediately i'm struck by strong orange notes that subside into some pine, grassy character.
T: The orange is definitely there, but it's not overpowering, has a nice sweet backbone combined with some mild piney hops. Very balanced between the hop kick and the sweetness. Almost no bitterness to it.
M: Extremely smooth, seems almost perfectly balanced. Medium carbonation, creamy finish.
O: Wow, I actually had a dream a few nights ago that I'd land a can of this and I ended up getting 6!!!! I thought i'd never try it. It's exceptionally smooth, balanced, and yet has a nice hoppy kick to it combined with the citrus component. 5's all around!!! This brewery makes me proud to be from Western Mass!!!!

lucious; amazing; juicy and delicious

Haven't typed out a review in a while, but as this beer is my first 5 Overall, a few words:
As soon as you get it open (I was lucky to try it out of a can) the smell of orange/citrus are pungent throughout the room. In the glass it goes, gorgeous orange color with a frothy white head that fades with time. The taste of this beer follows the nose 100%--its a tropical fruit explosion. One of my favorite parts was the mouthfeel--I wish I could give it a 6. Creamy, perfect amount of carbonation.
This beer is perfection. Trade for this/go to Tree House, just get some. I promise you won't regret it

This beer blew me away, world class IPA

This is an amazing beer from Tree House. Best American IPA out there!

It's everything that's good about beer.

Love it in its can form

Holy hell what an ipa.

Full of citrus flavor, like taking a bite into an orange. Full body, and great hop aroma.

Enjoying a fresh one from todays release on Treehouses' 3rd anniversary! My new fav. So much mango, papaya. A hint of cracker malt and then bam!!! You get a solid kick of bitterness. Well done.

Awesome brew.worth the 45 min.ride

easily one of the top IPA's I have ever had, that includes Pliny the Elder and HT - South Carolina

Had a sample of it straight off the keg at the brewery and it changed my life. Freshest single IPA I have EVER had. Crisp and hop forward but well balanced. I bought 2 growlers of it to take home and it kept its freshness well!

Benchmark for all other American IPAs

A magnificent, citrus, somewhat thicker, legendary IPA. What a beer! Find this, buy this, seek this out as it is a masterpiece in the World of craft beer.

One of the best beers available today! This IPA tops the charts and frankly I can't see how it will be beat! Juice bomb! Holy oranges! Syracuse has a new mascot! The citrus component gives way for a crisp, hoppy finish. Almost no bitterness and/or dryness. Well done!

No fancy review needed. This, in my opinion, is the best beer in the planet.

Liquid Trader Joes mango gummies. Perfection.

Awesome fruit forward IPA, citrus, peach, smooth and hoppy... creamy finish... just awesome! Put this on tap in my basement and i'm a 300lb alcoholic in no time!

An absolutely amazing IPA. This is full of cirtus and so juicy. So glad I finally got a chance to try this beer. Probably the best IPA I have ever had!

Awesome IPA. Definitely one of the most unique IPA's and freshest IPA I have tried.

This beer is something else. The one word that I will forever associate with Julius is FRESH! It tastes so dang fresh. The hops smell as though you were holding them fresh picked in your hands. Seriously. The flavor is off the charts and for a sub 7% abv ipa, it is packed full of hop flavor! With all that being said, this beer isn't a hop bomb like a west coast style. Its well balanced like Heady topper with a touch of sweetness to even things out. One of my favorite IPAs of all time. wow.

This stuff is liquid gold!! Can't believe how dangerously drinkable it is!

Seriously, This is one of the best IPA's you would ever try. The juiciness and bitterness blend so well and its so drinkable for 6.8% its scary good.

A-Beautiful hazy Orange. almost a finger head with some lacing.

N-WOW! Tangerine,Mango,Passion Fruit making a party in my nose. Those hops characters are something else.

T-Those tropical fruits are just dancing all over my tongue. Tangerine,Mango,Grapefruit,Passion fruit, and got some peach in there too. The malts are very subtle. Just a perfect juicy beer.

M-So smooth. Alcohol barely detectable. Just awesome stuff.

O-In my opinion just PERFECT.

One of the best beers on the planet. I have been lucky enough to travel the US for many years for me job and have tried most of the other brews on this top list and i always go back to thinking of how amazing this beer is. I am so excited for them to begin canning in the next coming months and get my hands on some more.

Julius from Tree House Brewing Company