Follow our progress ...

GreenGreen

Tree House Brewing Company
Massachusetts, United States | website

Style: American IPA

Our cross-continental IPA. Made with Australian and American hops, this citrus heavy IPA opens up in the glass with notes of pineapple, tangerine, and orange rind. It’s sharply bitter and nearly 8% ABV. . . The name comes from the initial batch in which, post boil, the wort looked green from so much hop particulate floating around. Yes. Yes. Yes. Yes.

Added by jaasen64 on 01-12-2013

Reviews: 232 | Ratings: 1,682
4.31/5  rDev -6.3%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.25

Can dated June 15, obtained in MBC dinner line beer trade. Thanks George RR Martin looking guy! (that's a compliment of course) Shared and poured into ale glass.

L: 1F head, hazy straw, very pineapple juice looking thin ring

S: Pineapple and citrus all the way, light cracker malt

T: Pineapple, orange, mango, light cracker malt.

M: Light to medium body, light to medium carbonation. Well constructed and balanced. Long slightly bitter finish.

O: My first TH. Very good but I am not blown away. I know, I know, it is supposed to be a religious experience or something. It's very good. I was dead exhausted Saturday night and this was after sampling two other beers, so if I get another can and the experience is different, I will update.

4.26/5  rDev -7.4%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4.75 | taste: 4 | feel: 4 | overall: 4.25

I've been lucky enough to have a few other tree house beers, and in my opinion, this one was my least favorite. It starts off impressive enough with great tropical fruit smells, but the bitterness actually takes over my taste buds, giving it a rather unpleasant finish.

4.73/5  rDev +2.8%
look: 4.75 | smell: 4.75 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.75

This beer pours a completely opaque dark golden orange, almost a bit brownish. The head is big, fluffy and off white. Retention is excellent and there are sticky, hanging rings of lacing all over the glass. Smell is pineapple, tangerine, mango and citrus pith. Taste is similar with a moderately bitter finish. Feel is medium, soft and very resinous. Overall another world class beer by Treehouse. I have it ranked slightly below the other offerings I've had from them, but it is still spectacular.

4.83/5  rDev +5%
look: 4.75 | smell: 4.75 | taste: 5 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.75

16oz can: 6/15/16 "HERE COMES DAT BOI"

Best of the bunch. Really outshined the others I had tonight including Haze, Julius, and Jjjuliusss. It won't be the only TH beer that I look for in the future, but it will probably have to be part of every TH trade going forward.

4.48/5  rDev -2.6%
look: 4.75 | smell: 4.75 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.5

Poured from a can aged six days. Cloudy orange color with white head. Tropical fruit smell. Tastes of mango, orange. Starts sweet and finishes with mild bitter. Great IPA, less sweet and more bitter taste than Julius, a great alternative. Great mouthfeel, good amount of carbonation. This is a great beer with typical tree house flavor.

4.81/5  rDev +4.6%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4.75 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 5 | overall: 5

Look: very hazy, kinda reminds me of pulp free orange juice. About half an inch of head
Spell: very light and citrus
Taste: you get a full citrus blast, pineapple, orange and grape fruit? The taste doesn't diminish at all, perfectly balanced
Feel: light and airy, no nasty after taste, it's extremely crisp and clean.
Overall: this is the single best IPA I've ever had.... well worth the drive to the middle of nowhere.

4.32/5  rDev -6.1%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4.75 | overall: 4.25

Great TH mouthfeel. Pineapple and citrus on the palate. Really solid but not even close to my favorite tree house - missing the dank backbone of AE and J.

4.35/5  rDev -5.4%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.25

Murky pale yellow/orange color with an off white head a sticky lacing smells of citrus , tangerine and orange with tropical fruits , taste is superb it opens with loads of citrus tangelo, grapefruit, and orange also picked up dank garden hops finishes with a slight bitterness, mouth feel is crisp with prickly pine and citrus hops on the palate, a pleasure to drink pint just dissapeared

4.4/5  rDev -4.3%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.5

Poured from 750ml bottle into teku

A: Hazy yellow pour, two finger head that dissipates into a ring with nice lacing.
S: Lime, fresh squeezed orange juice; very tropical, with notes of pineapple.
T: Big pithy orange flavor, lime, tropical flavors of mango and pineapple. Really nice.
M: Creamy mouthfeel for the style, medium-bodied.
O: Another great IPA from Tree House. The hops really come together to create a great experience.

This is my very first Tree House offering, and it was absolutely amazing. I lucked out and picked up 12 of these and 12 of the Alter Ego. I am hoping that the Alter Ego is as delicious as this was. I look very forward to trying out their other brews. Luckily I am only 60 miles away; an easy shot up to Monson.

4.49/5  rDev -2.4%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.5

Poured from a 4/6 can (exactly one month) into a Balckback Pub snifter. Super golden hazy which I get. Good galaxy aroma. Awesome taste with grapefruit finish. Well balanced! From a DLD trade.

4.55/5  rDev -1.1%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.75

Serving: Can
Canned on: Apr-6-2016

A:
Pours a cloudy peach-colored orange that almost looks green-tinged if you hold it right with a couple fingers of solid, creamy, big-bubbled head that is always there and beautiful sheets of lacing; great retention. (4.5)

S:
Big and pungent earthy hops with light juicy fruit. Orange creamsicle, dank hops, juniper, tart/crisp citrus, and a touch of biscuity malt in the background. (4.5)

T:
The flavor is really layered with a wave of hearty, earthy resin that soon becomes light, tart citrus and juicy mango before dulling to a lingering, green hum of hop essence. (4.5)

M:
Medium bodied with a slight creaminess and prickly light carbonation, extremely drinkable. (4.5)

O:
Wow, this is a great IPA.
A combination of everything that is great in the really juicy Treehouse beers masterfully mixed with the thing I kind of always felt was missing from said beers. Pretty juicy, really resinous. Tropical fruits and citrus are unmistakable, but the real star seems to be the sticky, oily hoppy bitterness that comes through in every part of the beer. Also one of the prettier Treehouse beers I've had.
Really good! (4.75)

4.48/5  rDev -2.6%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.5

I have this one all the time, as I am only 30 minutes from Tree House (lucky me!). Although I am #TeamJulius, Green is not a beer to take lightly. A greater bitterness than Julius makes it a great one-two punch of flagship beers.

4.92/5  rDev +7%

Finally got my hands on my first tree house! After all these trades, finally led to Green.

Pour is a beautiful murky golden orange. Very hazy and milky like pour. Small head with great lacing.

Smell is everything you can want in an IPA. Very tropical upfront, tangerines, mango, grapefruit, pineapple, more pineapple,citrus zest, lemon peel, orange.. The list goes on. Very tropical nose and not much malt or bitter presence.

Taste is a burst of what the nose offers, plus more. Insane amount of fruit here with a very subtle hop backbone, very sweet malt backbone.

Mouthfeel is creamy, light carbonation. Almost a dole or orange juice mouthfeel with all the bursts of juices going on.

Amazing beer.. First tree house and does not disappoint. So flavorful, juicy, and tropical.

Green is another spectacular offering from Tree House, which may very well be my favorite brewery. It is turbid as usual with an impenetrably bright yellow orange hue. It smells very tropical as if you were taken to Jamaica. The taste reflects the smell with significant pineapple. There is some sizzling of the hops on the tongue at first, but then this beautifully pillow-like, super smooth creaminess takes over. It is hard to tell if I like Green or Julius more, but I think Julius has a slight edge. World Class Brew.

4.65/5  rDev +1.1%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4.75 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.5

Wow, my first sip of Treehouse lives up to all the hype.

L: Pours a beautiful light gold with a thick haze from the flaked oats and oddly, almost no head.

S: Smells incredible. Certainly grapefruit and hops. I can smell the tangerine they mention on the can as well.

T: Taste is absolutely delicious. Very fruity with grapefruit and tangerine up front. Piney hops (but not overloading) and maybe a touch of peach and pineapple in the background. Invigorating and juicy as if there was fresh fruit in the glass.

F: Feel is juicy and refreshing with a bit of over-carbonation, probably to accommodate for the flaked oats. Finish is dry and crisp like you just took a bite of an apple. Almost finishes like a hard cider.

I would drink these in the summer and probably choose it over Bissell Bros Swish to be truthful.

4.58/5  rDev -0.4%

3rd favorite TH beer to date, behind Haze then Very Hazy.

L: Super hazy. Looks like murky pineapple juice. Wonderful thick head.

S: Very, very tropical. Like Dole tropical fruit juice. As it warms up, it has this interesting spice like quality that I get out of saisons. It's very unique and good, but I think for me it just holds it back from being perfect.

T: Exact same as the smell.

O: Fantastic IPA, one of the best I've had. Like I mentioned, the only thing holding it back from 5's across the board is that spicy, saison like quality. Kind of resembles clove or hay.

I just want to mention that TH beers, while very intense in their own way, have this subtleness to them that doesn't make the beer overpowering. It's different, but makes the beers so incredibly drinkable.

4.88/5  rDev +6.1%
look: 4.75 | smell: 4.75 | taste: 5 | feel: 5 | overall: 4.75

Literally might be in my top five beers of all time. So delicious, so smooth, and so juicy. I could drink one of these ar any point in the year. Hell, this would quench my thirst after running a half marathon. I can't say enough about this beer!

4.32/5  rDev -6.1%
look: 3.5 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.5

Had in a tulip glass from a can dated 3/15/2016.

Look: Julius aint got nothing on this beer being hazy. This is nearly opaque. I hate the whole "look of a beer" debate going on right now but it isn't that golden haze that appeals to me. Granted, don't base the score of the look of the beer. More on that later.
Smell: Pineapple. WOW PINEAPPLE. That is all I am getting from this. A little orange and a good bit of that hop aroma, but pineapple is straight in my nose. Good smelling beer again.
Taste: Delicious. This is a "where did my beer go" kind of beer. It has a good upfront hop profile that dies a bit quick, but it isn't a palate wrecker like some beers out there. The malt backbone is nice and sweet. I could drink this beer constantly though. The alcohol is covered to a point I don't notice it at all, and the beer itself is quite refreshing. This is a fantastic beer. I will say I liked julius better, but this beer is a great beer.
Feel: This has a good mouthfeel. The hops don't overpower you and kill your mouth, and the sweetness of the malt is there on the aftertaste.
Overall: This is my third beer from Treehouse and they are straight killing it. I have a couple cans of Julius to confirm my opinion on that beer and lucked into getting one of the Green cans. I really enjoy this beer and will say this is a fantastic IPA. I love how it doesn't overkill my tastebuds, but rather gently massages it over the course of the drink. Again, quite jealous at the folks in MA.

4.4/5  rDev -4.3%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4

Pours a hazy orange in color with a finger of white head, very reminiscent of orange juice. Aroma is very tropical with lots of pineapple, some citrus, and mango. The taste is straight juice and is heavy on the tropical fruits; mango, papaya, pineapple, tangerine, and peach. Medium-light body and moderate carbonation yield a pillowy mouthfeel. Overall a good beer and an excellent representation of a New England style IPA but I just wasn't feeling it.

4.26/5  rDev -7.4%
look: 4 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.25

Green is delicious, different hop flavor than I am used to. Very Potent, but definitely great, I prefer Julius a bit more, but would go for this beer any time. Each time I have it I like it more and more.

4.86/5  rDev +5.7%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4.75 | taste: 5 | feel: 5 | overall: 4.75

pours light yellow, aroma of citrus, taste is also citrus with pine, more complex than I am making it seem. Feels rich, creamy, foamy. Another great New England IPA.

4.92/5  rDev +7%

An impressive bubble show creates a meringue-like head layered on top of the cloudy honey colored liquid; excellent retention with plenty of lacing to boot. Smells like a combination of all the tropical fruit juices you have ever smelt.

Tropical juice flavors forward, with mango, papaya, guava, pineapple, lime and orange; stone fruit flavors as well.

Green is perfection. A text book New England IPA.

4.74/5  rDev +3%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4.75 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 4.75 | overall: 4.75

This beer is magical. Canned on 3/15, it produces a cloudy orange appearance with significant head and plenty of lace from start to finish. It smells like sex on a platter. Pineapple and clean sweat. Imagine making love to Elisha Cuthbert and all you can smell is her hair, and that Victoria's Secret body spray she uses, liberally. This is that smell. Fresh, over ripe and bursting with aroma. Mango lassi in beer form. The taste follows but with different layers of tropical goodness, and that tongue smacking bitterness that you expect and deserve from an IPA. Seared peach skin, orange rind, gentle coriander, grainy cracker, faint pear. All of that. The feel is Hayden Panettiere on the tongue. So smooth, so soft, so gentle. It lays on the tongue just long enough to remind you how good Tree House does what they do best - IPAs. Believe the hype; this company is the upper echelon of IPA. They never fail to disappoint. All scores warranted, all pours are the shit. Larrrrrrrrrrrge.

4.5/5  rDev -2.2%

Very good brew. It's definitely a lighter IPA, but mixed very well, and lives up to the Treehouse standard. I would definitely recommend as this is better than most, but not their best. I agree with the BROS' rating on this one.

Green from Tree House Brewing Company