Rocket Fuel - 8th Wonder Brewery

to view more.
Ratings: 48 | Reviews: 8
Reviews by kds2437:
4.99/5  rDev +19.1%

great beer, taste is just wonderful.

3.82/5  rDev -8.8%
look: 4 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.25

On tap at several places, most recently a growler from Premium Draught in Houston.

A: Pours a dark brown color with some ruby red around the edges. A two finger, khaki head forms with good retention and lace all the way down the glass.
S: Soft cold coffee aromas up front with a substantial sweetness. Lightly buttery, maybe some diacetyl but not overwhelming. Some chocolate. I wish it was a bit more roasty.
T: Cold coffee, cream, and really sweet. Sugary and lightly chocolaty, lightly buttery. Again, I would like a bit more roast, but not a big deal. Though as you get through this more, it becomes more sugar water like.
M/O: A really good fullish body. Ultra smooth and well carbonated. Even if it is not a perfect coffee porter, this is very moreish. I have come back to this many times.

Without a doubt the best from 8th Wonder. Probably the only thing from them that I have come back to on more than one occasion. It is not perfect, a little less butter and the sugary sweetness just takes over after a while. Add a little more roast and this would be great. As is, pretty good anyway.

4.1/5  rDev -2.1%

On tap

A- Pours a very dark brown, almost black, with a thin brown head. Did not notice any lacing.

S- The aroma punches you in the face with coffee and roasted nuts and earth. And I mean, a ton of coffee.

T- The coffee flavor is extremely pronounced. The normal roasted notes of an American porter are subdued and almost an afterthought- that's how much coffee flavor is there. Very bold.

M- The body was thin, not sticky but not dry either. I would guess the ABV is around 5%, definitely not more.

O- I LOVE coffee beers, and this had so much coffee flavor, it definitely went past my expectations. I don't mind that the body was thin because they delivered on the coffee taste. It was absolutely delightful. I wish I would be able to find this more often.

4.29/5  rDev +2.4%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4 | overall: 4.25

OMG someone put coffee in my beer. I have had this a couple of times, I tend to grab it when I can find it. It is dark to the pour, very little carbonation, it is like drinking coffee with beer added on the back-end. It seems they partnered up with Greenway Coffee Co. to produce this. Cold brewed coffee was added along with some lactose to smooth it out. This is a great porter to sit around and drink on cool evening, which is what I did today.
A fairly substantial English dark ale with restrained roasty characteristics. 4.6% ABV 18 IBU

Five five five five five.

4.58/5  rDev +9.3%

This is one of my all time favorite coffee beers. It's drinks super smooth and tastes just like deep, dark Vietnamese coffee. As soon as they start bottling this, I am going to be buying a ton of cases!

4.3/5  rDev +2.6%

Oh... this is good. It has a very pleasant, nutty, coffee aroma. The taste is bold with just enough sweetness. At 4.6% ABV, this is almost down in session beer territory. I don't normally drink more than 1 porter at a time, but I make an exception for this.

4.34/5  rDev +3.6%
look: 4 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.25

Dark beer with thin head, milky coffee taste, green tea, grassy, with dark chocolate flavors and a dark fruit hoppy background.

to view more.