Wasatch Apricot Hefeweizen - Utah Brewers Cooperative

Beer added by: beernut7 on 08-25-2002

4.92/5  rDev +43.4%

4.75/5  rDev +38.5%

4.34/5  rDev +26.5%
look: 3.5 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4 | overall: 4.25

Sampled on 10/4/13. Chilled down to 36 degrees F in my beer cooler. Poured into a 'V" shape pilsner glass.

Pours a hazy golden yellow in color with a small thin white head. Some light lacing was seen when sipped. The aroma was very nice of fresh sweet apricots and wheat. Perfect carbonation. The taste was pretty much like the smell. Not overly sweet like might be though. Perfect balance. Overall a great apricot hefeweizen.

4.33/5  rDev +26.2%
look: 3.5 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.25

I enjoy a Hefeweizen with a nice head and this one wasn't much, but other than that it was excellent. I had it on tap at J.L. Beers in Sioux Falls. Fruity apricot both in the smell and the taste was perfect. It drank smooth like a hefe should, and I was compelled to have a second. Definitely a keeper!

4.17/5  rDev +21.6%

From the Wasatch/Squatters summer sampler, I like this beer, but it's not a universally-accessible taste. My partner says that it tasted like potpourri, which I can imagine. It has some floral notes in it, but it tastes obviously like apricot to me.

Cloudy hefe body with basically no head. It smells like natural whole apricots, as if one were cut in half before you. Strikingly good scent.

The taste is weaker than that. Apricot is still there, but it's not overpowering. Has a nice wheat malt taste that I wish was more prevalent. These two flavors go together very well, and I compliment Wasatch for the composition. Carbonation feels about right to me (I'm not fond of overly carbonated brews), and the beer has some gravity in the mouth; very nice. Lingering apricot aftertaste.

It's highly drinkable, and I think would make a good lead for a night of beer drinking. Goes down quickly if that's what you want, and as a Utah 4%, it doesn't overly intoxicate.

4.1/5  rDev +19.5%

Pored from 12oz bottle(room temp) a nice cloudy light gold with a huge head of foam that sharnk slowly leaving a solid layer with some lacing hugging the side of my glass.

The smell is big on the apricot, which I like, and has some sweet malt in there as well as a touch of sourness.

The taste is very apricot but it's not over done. It has a nice bit of sweetness with the tanginess that you expect from this fruit and makes for a pretty darned good fruit beer. I like this one. And at 4%abv(on the label) it went down very easy. I could drink quite a few of these at one session!

Bottom line: A low alcohol brew that literally yells out...I'm a sesssion brew! I recommend it.
Thanks to Wasatch for giving me a chance to taste this tasty beer!

4.05/5  rDev +18.1%

Very drinkable hefe. Enjoy this beer.

This brew presents with a nice orange color and huge smooth apricot aroma with a bit of wheat yeast ester. The prominent flavor is that of smooth apricot with subtle hints of the solid weis beneath. This is a different and very enjoyable fruit beer with a smooth body and clean finish. Very good.

3.96/5  rDev +15.5%

Well the appearance wasn't all that, but most everything else about the beer I found very enjoyable.

An easy to drink fruit beer that had light notes of heffy-ness, but had plenty of fruit flavor and most of that was apricot (appropriately). Sweet but not overly so, and not bitter or hoppy at all.

Low ABV made these dangerously drinkable. I rather enjoyed this beer and don't care what the ratings thusfar have said, I'm going to indicate that I was quite happy with this sixer and would buy another.

3.92/5  rDev +14.3%

Delicate apricot greets you in the nose of Wasatch Apricot Hefeweizen. It's soft, fruity, and very realistic. Beyond that it's a typical American hefe-weizen with a cloudy golden-orange body and short-lived bright-white head. The apricot carries over into the flavor and dominates over the mild wheat-based maltiness beneath, but it's not overbearing. On the contrary, it's quite engaging, and subtly tart and refreshing. It's very lightly hopped to match it's light, delicately sweet maltiness, and it finishes dry with a lingering note of residual apricot. I'm sure it would make a great summer beer for any barbeque or sporting event, but to be honest, I'd welcome it at almost any time of the year. Nicely done. Quaffable!

Wasatch Apricot Hefeweizen from Utah Brewers Cooperative