Nosedive - The Shed Brewery

good

The Shed Brewery visit their website
Vermont, United States

American Porter |  6.75% ABV

(Beer added by: Brad007 on 02-05-2014)
« first ‹ prev | 1-25 | 26-50  | next › last »
Reviews by Givemebeer:

3.91/5  rDev +8.3%
look: 3.75 | smell: 4 | taste: 4 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.75

A great brew glad we were able to enjoy this limited release porter.

On tap at Colitina Exit in Bradford VT.

22oz pours

dark dark dark

Roast malt and vanilla bean aroma

roast, coffee with a bit of vanilla lurking in the depths

medium body

luscious, a truly decent porter that is so smooth.

3.25/5  rDev -10%

3.5/5  rDev -3%

Poured into a Sam Adam's glass. Came to a nice head. I probably served it a little to cold for a Porter, haven't not let it warmed up enough to fully enjoy. Shared it with a buddy and we agreed that it was overall a very nice beer; maybe I'm rating it a little high. I tend to like porters and stouts.
I think maybe I rated it high because it was already in my head that I was going to enjoy this beer, and I did. I've only had a couple of Shed offerings and have enjoyed them both. I was surprised to see the other reviews did not give it higher marks. The one I had was a bomber, so hopefully that is why the other reviews were lower. I would not hesitate to give it a try if you come across it.

3.74/5  rDev +3.6%
look: 4.5 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.25 | overall: 3.75

From the 650 ml. bottle dated 01/31/14. Sampled on April 4, 2014.

It pours dark brown to about jet black with a small tan head that erupts and fades as quickly. A little cloudy if I look close enough because it is pretty opaque.

The aroma is of sweet dark malts, mellow coffee, and vanilla beans but nothing overtakes anything else. Each has its own part to play on the nose.

Thin to medium body.

The vanilla comes forward a b it more in the flavor, which it should considering they mention it on the label. But I also get a dry, earthy bitterness to seal the deal. Pleasant.

4.13/5  rDev +14.4%

3.12/5  rDev -13.6%

1.75/5  rDev -51.5%

3.96/5  rDev +9.7%

The Shed Brewery - Nosedive, poured into a Fiddlehead snifter.

Look - Pours a thin viscosity brown and settles slightly translucent black with a small foamy head and good lacing.

Smell - Aroma is roasted malts with a blend of sweet vanilla.

Taste - Creamy body, nice balance between the malt and the vanilla. More malt sweet than robust. Some plum.

Mouthfeel - Medium-bodied with moderate carbonation. Sits cola roasted while the vanilla fades. Dry. Good drinkability.

Overall - Good brew, nice and creamy fora thin porter but perhaps not quite robust enough. Vanilla is sweet but fades and leaves at least a little char behind.

3.29/5  rDev -8.9%
look: 3.5 | smell: 3.25 | taste: 3.25 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.25

I barely noticed this on the shelves. It's been a while since I've had a proper porter so why not?

Pours a dark brown with a one-finger head into my glass. It is brewed with vanilla, which can be either hit or miss.

Robust with a strong hint of vanilla upfront, possibly artificial. Bottle makes no mention. Secondary aromas are of cocoa and dark fruit.

Vanilla barely registers on the tongue, nearly overshadowed by cocoa and perhaps molasses. Again, this type of ale is always hit or miss depending on the brewery's individual effort(s).

Mouthfeel is slick and a bit creamy to boot, similar to a good oatmeal stout (which this is not). Goes down cleanly with only a touch of vanilla.

Very drinkable. I would probably pair it with a breakfast of eggs, bacon and toast. I'm no expert on food pairings but that is what I crave after drinking this. Pick it up before it's gone.

4.25/5  rDev +17.7%