Microbrew Invitational

TICKETS: beeradvocate.com/micro/

The Haberdasher | Societe Brewing Co.

YOUR RATING = None |
Awaiting 10 Reviews

Societe Brewing Co.
California, United States | website

Style: English India Pale Ale (IPA)

Added by MSardina1 on 03-14-2014

Reviews: 3 | Ratings: 47
4.19/5  rDev +3.2%
look: 4 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4

One of my favorite Societe brews, this one just gets it right, ably balancing a slightly darker malt base with what feel like very classic, English-style hops, leafy and delicious. It's a touch sweet, a touch earthy, and really darn tasty.

3.79/5  rDev -6.7%
look: 3.75 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 4 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.75

On draft at Society tasting room. 5.4 %

Poured a pale brown, Hazel colour with a white wispy head that quickly dissipated.

Didn't smell of anything too distinctive, faintly sweet maybe.

Tastes great. Grassy bitterness upfront but not overpowering. Slightly burnt caramel taste to the malt in the end.

Overall I really liked the beer. Hoppier than other English IPAs I've had but nowhere near a typical West coast IPA. Would happily drink this again when available if I need a session beer, although at 5.4 % I guess it's not really a session beer. Still it's light enough to drink a lot of but still has plenty going on.

4.48/5  rDev +10.3%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.5

very nice. didn't like it at first, but then I 'opened my mind' and I really like the end taste. a little malt, a little different. but very nice and an exceptional brew.....

The Haberdasher from Societe Brewing Co.
- out of 100 based on 3 ratings.