Busch Signature Copper Lager - Anheuser-Busch

Busch Signature Copper LagerBusch Signature Copper Lager

Anheuser-Busch visit their website
Missouri, United States

American Amber / Red Lager |  5.70% ABV

(Beer added by: boilermakerbrew on 01-30-2014)
4.15/5  rDev +32.6%
look: 3 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.25

The thing about this beer is, it's a one trick pony. It's not a brilliant craft lager, but it's the first time I feel Budweiser has produced a lager that's actually worth my time and money. It's tasty, affordable, and there's truly nothing offensive about it. Plus, that 5.7% is a lot more suitable to a craft beer veteran than a Yuengling Amber clocking in at 4.4%. Honestly, in my book it's like a better Yuengling. If you enjoy some cheaper lagers from time to time, or are already a fan of Yuengling Amber, you owe yourself to try this. I couldn't believe how much I enjoyed it. I plan to smash about twelve of these with a buddy tonight.

GloryToTheHops, Feb 23, 2014
2.8/5  rDev -10.5%

Gra1164, Today at 05:24 PM

Poured from a 25 OZ can into a pint glass.
Aroma- very non-descript. maybe a hint of barley
Appearance- a nice golden copper color with a minimal head
Taste- has a nice mild flavor, not overpowering or overtly strong. a good basic beer
Palate- A mild bodied brew with mild carbonation
Overall- not a terrible beer, A-B has attempted to make an upgrade to their Busch beer and it is not bad. Won't be confused with many craft beers but it is not a bad beer to drink.

ordybill, Thursday at 01:03 AM
2.2/5  rDev -29.7%

jschucha, Tuesday at 02:35 AM
3.5/5  rDev +11.8%

creepinjeeper, Sep 08, 2014
3.25/5  rDev +3.8%

Captain_Komamura, Sep 08, 2014
3.75/5  rDev +19.8%

DEE-CENT! (to quote Bubbles) My new favorite affordable brew.

halvis, Sep 07, 2014

Just saw this at Walmart last week and thought I'd take a chance. We LOVE it! I'm not really into the dark or flavored beers and hubby hates them. This is what we're drinking now and are looking fora place that sells it by the case!

USFemail, Sep 04, 2014

2.75/5  rDev -12.1%

Mark-Leggett, Aug 15, 2014

Conine, Aug 14, 2014
3.8/5  rDev +21.4%

For $8.99 a 12 pack in the bottle at 5.7% ABV with a nice finish ... pretty good brew and better than many microbrews/craft beer on the market. It and Michelob Amberbock have a lot of similarities, even some of my high hop bitter grapefruit aftertaste enjoying friends were enjoying this one.

DrCDPriest, Aug 09, 2014
3.11/5  rDev -0.6%

One fine Christmas morn, I was working at a shitty little gas station. We were horrible busy since every other store was run by decent people who gave their employees the day off. But everyone was in high spirits--cheer and all that.

A man who was usually very surly came in around noon, sloshed off his ass and wearing a Santa cap. He cut the line and slammed a sixer of Busch down on the counter.

"You know what Busch stands for?" He asked, his voice all full of timbre. He was performing a bit so as to avoid getting in trouble for cutting the line.

"What?"

"Brewed Under Six Clydesdale Horses. Cus when you drink Bud, this is what you pee out!"

The crowd was mildly amused. I was amused enough to remember it 14 years later, when I noticed that AB had finally expanded Busch's product line. It's been over a decade since I last tried a Busch. When I was younger, I agreed with the drunken Santa-man--Busch tasted cheap, like they spent less money making it. Now I realize that's untrue, they only spend less money in marketing it. But still, the way the beer tastes reminds me of poverty, because empty semiotics affect my perceptions much more strongly than logic ever could.

So up front you got a really decent amber malt profile, and that gives way to a graininess that's distinct to Busch and that's objectively not bad, only it tastes like Busch and I dumbly associate that with a lack of quality. Medium bodied and very easy drinking, even in spite of my stupid prejudices.

mynie, Aug 04, 2014
2.75/5  rDev -12.1%

dpage27, Aug 02, 2014
3.59/5  rDev +14.7%
look: 3.5 | smell: 3 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.75

I confess. I recently bought a riding lawn mower and lawn mower beers have lost some of their appeal :( But the good news is this is a beer with enough body and taste to make me take note (after acknowledging its relatively low cost) Not one I will be having with the guys at a tasting but a solid beer for household chores and what not.

chuckm, Jul 30, 2014
3.25/5  rDev +3.8%

WeisGuy, Jul 30, 2014
2.98/5  rDev -4.8%
look: 3.25 | smell: 2.25 | taste: 3.25 | feel: 3 | overall: 3

First of all, this is "cheap beer" rating. It will never hold its own against most beers reviewed here. Because of this, a 3.5 rating in any category equates to a perfect 5 rating for beers worthy of a proper review. Call it party beer, lawnmower beer, or whatever your term is.

That said, lets carry on. I've only seen these sold in 6-packs of 16oz cans for about a buck a can. The price is hard to beat. Poured from the can into a standard pint glass, chilled in a refrigerator. Being that its a pint of beer into a pint glass i stopped pouring when the foam reached the top.

A- Pretty darn good for a can beer. Amber in color with a tall head of foam that disappears faster than my money at the roulette wheel.

S- Nothing special here. Smells like cheap beer, with an ever-so-slight hint of roasted malt.

T- Again, pretty darn good for can beer. I personally like it better than any of the "big 3" canned beers. Slightly sweet, more or less balanced. You can tell its not all barley in there. Corn, rice, etc. come through like any other big co. canned beer.

M- Not overly carbonated, smooth and easy to drink, but hey, its gotta be easy to drink if it taste like this.

O- For the price, I may have found my new "cheap beer." Since i usually grab a case of High Life Light as my cheap beer choice I'll try em side by side before the final verdict. Nothing to complain about but also nothing to brag about. Much better than Miller Fortune or Bud Black.

Jarod_Florence, Jul 27, 2014
4.5/5  rDev +43.8%

GrnLntrn, Jul 26, 2014

I find this to be a nice lawnmower type beer with a little more character than some.

It has some toasty malt characteristics and the aroma and taste and finishes with a nice toasty sweetness.

Drinks easy and smooth. Kind of a hybrid AAL/Killians Red type of beer.

I've used this to boil brats in and it works great for that. Would be a decent tailgate beer for someone who wants something uncomplicated but with a little more flavor than a keystone light.

Certainly not a great beer but it has its place. Price seemed on the cheaper side. I'll be curious to see if this is still being made a year from now. My hunch is it won't.

ZAP, Jul 26, 2014