Busch Signature Copper Lager - Anheuser-Busch

Busch Signature Copper LagerBusch Signature Copper Lager

Anheuser-Busch visit their website
Missouri, United States

American Amber / Red Lager |  5.70% ABV

(Beer added by: boilermakerbrew on 01-30-2014)
4.15/5  rDev +32.6%
look: 3 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.25

The thing about this beer is, it's a one trick pony. It's not a brilliant craft lager, but it's the first time I feel Budweiser has produced a lager that's actually worth my time and money. It's tasty, affordable, and there's truly nothing offensive about it. Plus, that 5.7% is a lot more suitable to a craft beer veteran than a Yuengling Amber clocking in at 4.4%. Honestly, in my book it's like a better Yuengling. If you enjoy some cheaper lagers from time to time, or are already a fan of Yuengling Amber, you owe yourself to try this. I couldn't believe how much I enjoyed it. I plan to smash about twelve of these with a buddy tonight.

GloryToTheHops, Feb 23, 2014

3.2/5  rDev +2.2%

bpkrippner, Sep 24, 2014
2.8/5  rDev -10.5%

Gra1164, Sep 21, 2014

Poured from a 25 OZ can into a pint glass.
Aroma- very non-descript. maybe a hint of barley
Appearance- a nice golden copper color with a minimal head
Taste- has a nice mild flavor, not overpowering or overtly strong. a good basic beer
Palate- A mild bodied brew with mild carbonation
Overall- not a terrible beer, A-B has attempted to make an upgrade to their Busch beer and it is not bad. Won't be confused with many craft beers but it is not a bad beer to drink.

ordybill, Sep 18, 2014
2.2/5  rDev -29.7%

jschucha, Sep 16, 2014

creepinjeeper, Sep 08, 2014
3.25/5  rDev +3.8%

Captain_Komamura, Sep 08, 2014
3.75/5  rDev +19.8%

DEE-CENT! (to quote Bubbles) My new favorite affordable brew.

halvis, Sep 07, 2014

Just saw this at Walmart last week and thought I'd take a chance. We LOVE it! I'm not really into the dark or flavored beers and hubby hates them. This is what we're drinking now and are looking fora place that sells it by the case!

USFemail, Sep 04, 2014

2.75/5  rDev -12.1%

Mark-Leggett, Aug 15, 2014

Conine, Aug 14, 2014
3.8/5  rDev +21.4%

For $8.99 a 12 pack in the bottle at 5.7% ABV with a nice finish ... pretty good brew and better than many microbrews/craft beer on the market. It and Michelob Amberbock have a lot of similarities, even some of my high hop bitter grapefruit aftertaste enjoying friends were enjoying this one.

DrCDPriest, Aug 09, 2014
3.11/5  rDev -0.6%

One fine Christmas morn, I was working at a shitty little gas station. We were horrible busy since every other store was run by decent people who gave their employees the day off. But everyone was in high spirits--cheer and all that.

A man who was usually very surly came in around noon, sloshed off his ass and wearing a Santa cap. He cut the line and slammed a sixer of Busch down on the counter.

"You know what Busch stands for?" He asked, his voice all full of timbre. He was performing a bit so as to avoid getting in trouble for cutting the line.

"What?"

"Brewed Under Six Clydesdale Horses. Cus when you drink Bud, this is what you pee out!"

The crowd was mildly amused. I was amused enough to remember it 14 years later, when I noticed that AB had finally expanded Busch's product line. It's been over a decade since I last tried a Busch. When I was younger, I agreed with the drunken Santa-man--Busch tasted cheap, like they spent less money making it. Now I realize that's untrue, they only spend less money in marketing it. But still, the way the beer tastes reminds me of poverty, because empty semiotics affect my perceptions much more strongly than logic ever could.

So up front you got a really decent amber malt profile, and that gives way to a graininess that's distinct to Busch and that's objectively not bad, only it tastes like Busch and I dumbly associate that with a lack of quality. Medium bodied and very easy drinking, even in spite of my stupid prejudices.

mynie, Aug 04, 2014