Busch Signature Copper Lager - Anheuser-Busch

2.96/5  rDev -4.8%

3.5/5  rDev +12.5%

3.2/5  rDev +2.9%

2.8/5  rDev -10%

Poured from a 25 OZ can into a pint glass.
Aroma- very non-descript. maybe a hint of barley
Appearance- a nice golden copper color with a minimal head
Taste- has a nice mild flavor, not overpowering or overtly strong. a good basic beer
Palate- A mild bodied brew with mild carbonation
Overall- not a terrible beer, A-B has attempted to make an upgrade to their Busch beer and it is not bad. Won't be confused with many craft beers but it is not a bad beer to drink.

2.2/5  rDev -29.3%

3.5/5  rDev +12.5%

3.75/5  rDev +20.6%

DEE-CENT! (to quote Bubbles) My new favorite affordable brew.

Just saw this at Walmart last week and thought I'd take a chance. We LOVE it! I'm not really into the dark or flavored beers and hubby hates them. This is what we're drinking now and are looking fora place that sells it by the case!

3.16/5  rDev +1.6%

2.8/5  rDev -10%

3.76/5  rDev +20.9%

For $8.99 a 12 pack in the bottle at 5.7% ABV with a nice finish ... pretty good brew and better than many microbrews/craft beer on the market. It and Michelob Amberbock have a lot of similarities, even some of my high hop bitter grapefruit aftertaste enjoying friends were enjoying this one.

3.1/5  rDev -0.3%

One fine Christmas morn, I was working at a shitty little gas station. We were horrible busy since every other store was run by decent people who gave their employees the day off. But everyone was in high spirits--cheer and all that.

A man who was usually very surly came in around noon, sloshed off his ass and wearing a Santa cap. He cut the line and slammed a sixer of Busch down on the counter.

"You know what Busch stands for?" He asked, his voice all full of timbre. He was performing a bit so as to avoid getting in trouble for cutting the line.

"What?"

"Brewed Under Six Clydesdale Horses. Cus when you drink Bud, this is what you pee out!"

The crowd was mildly amused. I was amused enough to remember it 14 years later, when I noticed that AB had finally expanded Busch's product line. It's been over a decade since I last tried a Busch. When I was younger, I agreed with the drunken Santa-man--Busch tasted cheap, like they spent less money making it. Now I realize that's untrue, they only spend less money in marketing it. But still, the way the beer tastes reminds me of poverty, because empty semiotics affect my perceptions much more strongly than logic ever could.

So up front you got a really decent amber malt profile, and that gives way to a graininess that's distinct to Busch and that's objectively not bad, only it tastes like Busch and I dumbly associate that with a lack of quality. Medium bodied and very easy drinking, even in spite of my stupid prejudices.

3.56/5  rDev +14.5%
look: 3.5 | smell: 3 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.75

I confess. I recently bought a riding lawn mower and lawn mower beers have lost some of their appeal :( But the good news is this is a beer with enough body and taste to make me take note (after acknowledging its relatively low cost) Not one I will be having with the guys at a tasting but a solid beer for household chores and what not.

Busch Signature Copper Lager from Anheuser-Busch