Learn more about beer and save over 53% with a 3-year subscription.

Busch Signature Copper Lager - Anheuser-Busch

Busch Signature Copper LagerBusch Signature Copper Lager

Anheuser-Busch visit their website
Missouri, United States

American Amber / Red Lager |  5.70% ABV

Beer added by: boilermakerbrew on 01-30-2014

firstprev| 1-25 | 26-50 | 51-75  | next → last
3.27/5  rDev +5.5%
look: 3.25 | smell: 3 | taste: 3.25 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.5

Bottled uh, canned 1/23/14. Enjoyed 3/12/14

A- This one pours the color of tobacco. (not like a cig, the color.) Clear as a summer day at the beach. A light one finger head dissipates quickly leaving a light halo. Minimal lacing is observed on the sides of my glass.

S- Sweet roasted malts with a very slight bitterness hiding in the shadows.

T- Same as the aroma but with more umph. Sweet malts with a little hop balance. Not bad! I bought a single 25 oz. Can not expecting more than piss water, but I am presently surprised.

M- Extremely smooth and drinkable. A light bodied copper lager. Finishes clean and crisp.

O- Well son of a gun this brew has blind sided me. I wasn't expecting this to be this enjoyable. I've tried about every beer under the Busch name and this one takes the cake. Very smooth a clean. Good hot day brew. And the bang for buck aspect is terrific. Well folks, this ain't your fathers Oldsmobile.

3.68/5  rDev +18.7%
look: 3.75 | smell: 3.25 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 4

Solid beer, I was able to try this. Obviously my expectations weren't extraordinarily high but I was real pleased. None of that nasty aftertaste that you find with most beers (Busch included) at this price point. For a low profile roll-out, I find this to be MUCH better than the Black Crown or Miller Fortune or those similar amber styled beers. Its actually kind of funny. Leave it to the Busch brand to make the actually "good" beer. Definitely an A+ on the Bang For Your Buck matrix

3.77/5  rDev +21.6%
look: 4 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.75

I know for a fact that A/B nailed it when they made this. Its exactly what it says on the can. Its a awesome brew, great great copper color, rich aroma and a smooth taste going down. And for $1.10 cents a can/25 ounce, I can pretty much step out on the limb and say it will hang with the more expensive darker amber brews.

Sampling right on 2/28/14. Bottle chilled down to 36 degrees F in my beer cooler and poured into a tulip glass.

Pours a pretty reddish-copper in color with a 1-finger slightly off-white foamy head that settles down to just the top and sides. Some lacing is seen which each sip. The aroma is of sweet corn, grain and caramel malts. The taste is the same with the caramel malts coming out for the finish. Perfect carbonation and goes down easy. No harsh or bitter finish at all. Is this a 'Bud' product???

4.1/5  rDev +32.3%
look: 3 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.25

The thing about this beer is, it's a one trick pony. It's not a brilliant craft lager, but it's the first time I feel Budweiser has produced a lager that's actually worth my time and money. It's tasty, affordable, and there's truly nothing offensive about it. Plus, that 5.7% is a lot more suitable to a craft beer veteran than a Yuengling Amber clocking in at 4.4%. Honestly, in my book it's like a better Yuengling. If you enjoy some cheaper lagers from time to time, or are already a fan of Yuengling Amber, you owe yourself to try this. I couldn't believe how much I enjoyed it. I plan to smash about twelve of these with a buddy tonight.

3.52/5  rDev +13.5%
look: 3.5 | smell: 3.25 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.75

A- Inch tall white, fizzy head...fizzes down to a quarter inch and retains a cap and collar throughout. Body color is about as copper as you can get. Clumpy lacing is apparent.

S- Corn, bread/biscuit, caramel malts. Hints of a cola-like sweetness.

T- Slight caramel taste blends in with corn sweetness near flawlessly. Damn smooth, no harshness like you would find in most "higher ABV" macros. Would guess 5%abv.

M- Carbonation stays on the lower end until later on in each sip where it "catches up" to closer to what you would expect. Medium to medium-thin mouthfeel.

D/O- Taken for what it is, classified as an "American Amber/Red Lager", Busch Signature really blew away my expectations. I thought ABInBev was going out on a limb by dramatically upping the SRM color for one of it's flagship brands but this is a pleasant surprise and one that both I can see myself drinking in the future and one that will stick around and not be a "flash-in-the-pan".

3.39/5  rDev +9.4%
look: 3.75 | smell: 2.75 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.75

Read that we were in a "test market area" in an article, so I picked up a 6 of pounders for $7 in the name of science. Pours as advertised in color. Smells like most adjunct lagers - not much of anything. I'll be damned, it actually tastes pretty good. Considerably better than Budweiser. No fizzy metallic aftertaste. A little bready, carmel maltiness going on. I actually think it is almost as good as Yuengling. Based on the ABV and price point, it may be one of the better options when you are ready to throw down on a summer night while playing cornhole or looking for a tall boy at the gas station.

3.3/5  rDev +6.5%
look: 3.5 | smell: 2.25 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 4 | overall: 3.75

OMG!!! They did it...they FINALLY did it! Anheuser-Busch has finally brewed a beer that doesn't taste like donkey piss! A tear of joy runs down my face as I type this right now!

I'll be damned, but this is a solid..hell, an enjoyable amber lager, or copper lager as they call it, which holds it's own against several well known (and pricier) amber lagers.

Copper is accurate, as it is practically the same color as a moderately aged penny, has about a two finger head, and sits pretty in a chilled pub glass.

Not much going on in terms of smell, but I do have a slight cold, so I may update this when I drink one post-cold.

The taste is pretty decent. Slightly sweet, with hints of molasses and honey, and pretty malty.

A very easy drinking brew, with a robust beginning, and a crisp ending.

I just can't believe it. I am honestly in shock right now, lol. I've noticed that most of the reviewers are from Ohio as well. So, maybe we're in a test market. I picked up a 25oz can of this at the gas station for a $.99 trial offer. A 12 pack is only $6.99, but I expected this beer to be horrible, so I just got the can, but I'm going back for a 12
pack tomorrow.

Wow...all I can say is wow. Don't get me wrong, this isn't a top quality brew, but I just can't believe that something with "Busch" on the label actually turned out to be a decent brew. Definitely, and without a doubt worth a try.

3.45/5  rDev +11.3%
look: 4 | smell: 3.25 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.25 | overall: 3.5

12 FL. OZ. bottle
Served in a pilsner glass

A - It is damn near copper in color. I would call it more of a burnt orange, but as the great Dalton said in the classic movie Roadhouse "Opinions vary." It is capped with an inch of off-white head. A constant flow of bubbles rise from nucleation sites etched into the bottom of the glass.

S - It has a cooked corn and caramel malt thing going on.

T - I taste a little toasted caramel. It doesn't have the corn taste that Busch has. It finishes dry.

M - Moderate

O - It is a pleasant surprise. It has some decent flavor, and I'm a homer for Busch. Hey, my mom named me buschbeer, so I have some sentimentality for it.

4.06/5  rDev +31%

Busch Signature Copper is not your average Busch Beer. This is a a lot darker in color. This brew pours out a rich, deep amber color with a nice white head. Not a light amber as other Busch Beers. Being 5.7 abv witch is high than Busch being 4.6% ABV and Busch Ice at 5.9%. The smell is rich with grins and malts. The taste is bold with flavor. The mouth feel is nice and clean. This brew has a lot going on in it, there is nothing overpowering in this brew. This is one Busch Beer that I would write home about. Great Brew for the Money. I would buy this brew again. Overall I'm giving this brew a 4.5 out 5.

3.22/5  rDev +3.9%
look: 3.75 | smell: 3 | taste: 3.25 | feel: 3.25 | overall: 3.25

A: Reddish copper color, as would be suggested by the name and style. A decent looking white head is able to form by pouring a sample, and it actually holds up longer than I would have expected. The can also looks seriously fantastic, it's about as classy as it gets for tallboy packaging.

S: Cereal grain nose lets you know it's on the cheaper end, but it's not bad like a more adjunct-heavy brew.

T: Mostly plain grainy flavors initially, but the aftertaste actually has a touch of hop.

M: Has decent substance for a cheap lager.

O: Not bad. It's decently drinkable for a negligible (and worth it) price increase over Busch/Busch Light. I could see this being a go-to pickup when the occasion calls for cheap tallboys.

3.28/5  rDev +5.8%
look: 3 | smell: 3 | taste: 3.25 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.5

A- Pours translucent in the body and a mostly brown, slightly red, rusty amber in color. Small, 1 finger head forms and is down to just a little bit on the surface of the beer. Very little lacing.

S- Light, slightly sweet, and very grainy is the best way to describe this beer's smell. Really smells just like regular Busch with a touch of darker malt. The darker malt is detectable with a slight balancing note to the sweetness of the corn and grains. Overall, the scent is fairly faint and sweet, like regular Busch, but somewhat balanced by the addition of a darker malt.

T- Starts and finishes with light grain flavors, primarily corn. Flavor is light and thirst quenching, with just a touch of sweetness. Not as sweet as Busch or Busch Light, but definitely in the same flavor profile as far as the grainy flavor goes. In the middle of the drink, the darker malts cut the sweetness and provide a slight dull bitterness that lasts until the end of the drink.

M- Classic lager feel here. This beer is light on the tongue, thirst quenching, and crisp at the end. Easy to drink and more flavor than the light version.

Overall, this is surprisingly similar to Budweiser. Darker malt flavors, along with the light, crisp, easy drinking qualities of a light beer. I know it's not a world class beer, but when you combine the fact that this beer is sold at Busch prices, is 5.7% ABV, and has just a touch of darker flavors, it's a winning combo.

firstprev| 1-25 | 26-50 | 51-75  | next → last