Michelob AmberBock - Anheuser-Busch

poor

Anheuser-Busch visit their website
Missouri, United States

Bock |  5.20% ABV

Michelob AmberBock is brewed using 100% malt including dark-roasted black and caramel malts and all-imported hops.

(Beer added by: unclejimbay on 08-16-2001)
Sort by:  Usefulness | Recent | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Michelob AmberBock Alström Bros

TheAdamConners, Aug 03, 2012

littlewing1985, Mar 05, 2014

Goldfoot, Dec 16, 2011

MrWilson1970, Jul 27, 2014

Looking for a new beer to try I decided to sample the Amber Bock at the happy hour provided by the hotel I am staying at.

The appearance looked like a dark amber golden color which is nice to look at while drinking this beer.

I loved the hints of caramel and the sweet smell of vanilla. It did not have that skunky smell to it which I find somewhat offensive.

The taste is phenomenal. I could taste the sweetness and bitterness which gave a nice mouthfeel. I allowed the beer to sit in my mouth for 15 seconds and swirled it around a bit and it left me with a refreshing aftertaste. I would drink this beer over a light beer and while its not Leffe its a beer I would not be ashamed of drinking or serving at a party.

Overall this beer gets a 5/5 because the price is right, you are getting an American Bock Beer which can be served at anytime during the year with various foods. It was so good I asked for a second pour. With a lemon it gives a citrus aspect to the overall taste.

beersunited, Jun 08, 2012

jhamilton214, Jan 22, 2013
4.75/5  rDev +66.1%

As an early "boomer," I was a sucker for PBR-Bock (seasonal - can). Michelob, Amberbock is better quality at the right price... Excellent beer relative to my tastes. I like a darker tasting, heavier beer but not more than one traditional Guinness.

belllarry, Oct 10, 2013
4.7/5  rDev +64.3%

This beer is farmost one of my most favored domestic beers in the United States. Since I am not a fan of light beers, this is a nice dark beer. It is not to dark, where it is hard to drink. The beer is very easy to drink and has a great taste. If I were to walk into a beer distributor 9 times out of 10 I would walk out with this beer. I recommend this beer to everyone, it is truely a great beer.

jrb1001, Jul 24, 2006
4.5/5  rDev +57.3%

friends told me to try this beer and i did and i liked it. Pretty even thick and balanced taste, not overpowering, but not at all watered down. i'm sure this would be good on tap, i'll let you know when i get a chance to try it. but you should try one and suprise yourself, maybe michelob should break off anheiser, they actually know a little about a descent beer.

twi1609372, Jul 04, 2004

Diz0915, Sep 23, 2012

ngraumann, Apr 09, 2012

Part-D, Feb 15, 2014

snocntry, May 30, 2012

olbubba, Apr 27, 2012

jburris64, Apr 26, 2014
4.48/5  rDev +56.6%

This is a very good beer on draft, I do not care for the bottle.I used to drink Killian Red and after I tried AB i was sold!!!
AmberBock is a 5.2% abv amber lager which uses roasted black barley malt in the ingredients, and which received a World Beer Cup Bronze Medal in 1998.

CHBRYSON, May 10, 2012
4.45/5  rDev +55.6%

I've had it both in a bottle, and on tap. It pores like other bock styles, nice dark/rich color and moderate size head. The aroma had a maltiness to it, with almost a chocolate hint. The finish is a heavier, filling taste while still keeping you wanting more. It's my favorite winter time, by the bon fire beer. It gives you all the fill you want without being completely bitter and so heavy that you feel like you need to take out a knife to cut through it.

Trent15, Dec 30, 2012
4.45/5  rDev +55.6%

Amazing, it isn't bitter, looks great, smells perfect, & tastes even better. As smooth a beer as I've ever had. This was my first bock and I'll be heading to the store tonight to find some others, because this is one of the greatest brews I've ever seen.

cptnjck101, Aug 26, 2004
4.38/5  rDev +53.1%

Appearance - This beer is a solid Amber color, slightly darker than your typical Red Lagers, looks beautiful in dim rooms, extremely clear even though it is dark. The head pours 3-4 fingers everytime, and dissipates within a few minutes.

Smell - Toasted Malts and caramel with a light hint of hops, very appealing to me.

Taste - Begins sweet, noticeably smooth and extremely well balanced, there is a hint of bitterness with no lingering aftertaste.

Mouthfeel - Feels extremely light in the mouth, however the carbonation is perfect, it lacks a noticeable presence and body.

Drinkability - I could drink this beer non-stop all day for a week, which is extremely rare of any beer I drink, alcohol content is low enough, yet the taste is pleasant and balanced for me to keep drinking over and over again.

savaship, Jul 30, 2010
4.33/5  rDev +51.4%

This beer has one of the best after tastes in my opinion. Rather smooth and easy to drink. Has a nice hint of caramel. A very sweet taste to it. It says its a dark lager but isn't as dark as expected. Overall very good. Tops on my list. Would definitely recommend to anyone that hasnt given it a try.

bballjosh3, Feb 04, 2009
4.33/5  rDev +51.4%

got it as a gift from a job.. didnt know if i would like michelobs amber bock.. had bocks before but was impressed with the taste.. like this beer alot and went out and got a six pack.. hard to find by me when i see it i buy it..

nice head when poured in to glass.. buetyful color.. and great taste.. the after taste was a nice sweet after taste

njthebestofme, Feb 20, 2009
4.28/5  rDev +49.7%

Appearance: Thin white head that dissapears quickly, dark brown but red in the light (an "Amber" bock that's a dark lager? hmm) a nice color though.

Smell: Dark but not as loud as some others, distinct but not overbearing, I like it.

Taste: Again you'll know it's a dark lager the moment it hits your lips, but not overpowering, nice subtle flavors.

Mouthfeel: Great beer, goes down easy, fantastic aftertaste.

Drinkability: Very satisfying, a fine beer for any beer drinker that is sure to please.

Overall: I'm a definite fan of this beer now, and I will definitely buy it again. The best macro beer thus far I've had, and one of the few I actually recommend.

TheDeuce, Sep 25, 2004