Michelob Light - Anheuser-Busch

awful

Anheuser-Busch visit their website
Missouri, United States

Light Lager |  4.30% ABV

Michelob Light is brewed with pale, kilned two-row barley malt and noble European hops.

(Beer added by: BeerAdvocate on 08-16-2001)
Sort by:  Usefulness | Recent | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Michelob Light Alström Bros
TheAdamConners

Georgia

08-03-2012 01:44:07 | More by TheAdamConners
markallmon

4.75/5  rDev +120.9%

03-18-2012 22:59:28 | More by markallmon
JoeyBeerBelly

4.33/5  rDev +101.4%

I had to buy this once I saw the lava lamp bottle was back!

I paid $8.99 for a 12pack at the supermarket, what the heck... if I didn't drink it, my wife would.

I'm basing my review on the beer style...
Macro Brewery / Light Beer

Anyway, on to the new/old Michelob Light...

I did this beer the honor of pouring it in to a pint glass (normally I would drink a beer of this style "straight out da bottle"). It was a golden color, lots of carbination, little head and some lacing.

it smelled almost like beer.

it tasted pretty darn good compared to it's MacroLight peers.

It felt good in the mouth, kind of fizzy but finished clean.

I could drink lots of this beer when so inspired to do so.

Example: I could bring a case of this over to my bro-in-law's house, knock it off with him during a Yankee game and feel no pain in the morning.

02-23-2007 01:12:50 | More by JoeyBeerBelly

4.25/5  rDev +97.7%

03-28-2012 21:47:58 | More by StevieDavie
twi1609372

4.18/5  rDev +94.4%

Still one of my favorite light beers! If i want an agreeable light beer that most people can drink, that will still give me some sence of forfillment, this is it. Much more flavor than most other light beers. Not as flavorfull as most lagers or sam adams light, it is still far superior to the bud light, coors light genre or beers.

05-05-2005 02:50:15 | More by twi1609372
Baitcaster

4.13/5  rDev +92.1%

I think this beer has an above average taste that doesn't bite but is full bodied and flavorable. I perfer a glass bottle over the can or tap. To me it is a much richer beer than it's brouther Ultra that taste much closer to water. My only problem is it seems that Michelob Light is fading out of the picture. I am having difficulty finding my favorite beer in the market place. I guess that is why this is known as Dad's beer but the yuppie beer Ultra just does't measure up for me.

10-03-2012 18:54:39 | More by Baitcaster
TheDeuce

4.08/5  rDev +89.8%

All imported hops??? We'll see

Appearance-a sparkling yellow lager, nice head at first but dissapears fast, looks appealing anyways.

Smell- Finally, a light beer that smells like light beer, lots of barley there and corn comes out as well. At least I can actually smell it.

Taste- Very flavorful, I like Michelob brews, maybe it's just me but they pack a nice punch to the mouth, even this light version, I'm very impressed.

Mouthfeel-despite the nice influx of flavors the beer is not overbearing, goes down nice, good aftertaste.

Drinkability- this is most definitely a great light beer that one can keep drinking for as long as he desires, well into the night.

Overall- I'm surprised many don't like this brew a lot, I found a lot of flavor in its taste, a nice refreshing light beer that is leaps and bounds above its competitors. For a good light beer you can't go wrong.

10-10-2004 02:36:08 | More by TheDeuce
RobMor

03-10-2012 05:06:28 | More by RobMor
mdvatab

Indiana

11-16-2011 05:26:44 | More by mdvatab
Photo of

You rated this beer. Add a review.

11-11-2012 23:26:54 | More by
RBorsato

Light straw color with a decent to low white head and decent carbonation. Light grainy aroma with a touch of hops .. seems all malt as there was little to no cooked corn aroma. Tastes the same with a touch of hops to balance the malts. Light bodied but smooth.

Very nice macro and not harsh in any way; very drinkable.

Label states: "All imported hops", 134 cal., 11.7g carb, 1.1g protien, 0g fat.

Born on: 04/26/04

06-09-2012 04:19:42 | More by Dapperticus
chcfan

11-28-2011 16:49:51 | More by chcfan
TeamSeinfeld

michelob light was an above average light beer. It went down very smooth and I enjoyed it. However I was expecting more taste, the bottle says brewed with imported hops but to tell you the truth this beer tasted very similar to the less pricey Michelob Golden Draft Light sold here in minnesota. It was very easy to down the 12 pack I bought. If you are ever in Minnesota or Its border states save some money and buy Mich Gold Light

04-20-2004 04:46:12 | More by TeamSeinfeld
a0lbudman

Alabama

3.85/5  rDev +79.1%

A-very clear pale to gold color with a large white head that did not fade fast
S-can smell the noble hops and grainy aroma
T-maltier than the other light lagers, with a hop aftertaste that goes to a sweet grain finish
M-light body and medium carbonation
O-if you grade this beer on on what it has compared to what it is suppose to be, then it was better than most.

12-29-2013 03:00:46 | More by a0lbudman
JackMatthew

3.8/5  rDev +76.7%

I cannot believe that this beer is not as popular as other light American beers. Its much better than Bud Light, Coors Light, and Miller Light. Super drinkable, real malt and hop flavor, and some lacing make this light lager my go to light beer. Don't waste your time with Michelob Ultra. Michelob Light is much better.

04-07-2012 03:21:14 | More by JackMatthew
rowey77

Australia

3.8/5  rDev +76.7%

Bottle: Poured a golden color lager with a fizzy pure white head with minimal retention and no lacing. Aroma of sweet malt with light corn notes is bland and not that enjoyable. Taste is also a bland mix between some sweet malt with light adjunct notes (I know the label states all-malt lager but I have a hard time believing this). Body is light with good carbonation. Bland lager and not something that need to be revisited.

07-14-2010 23:22:18 | More by rowey77
PBelt71

08-17-2013 04:36:32 | More by PBelt71
Ron860

3.75/5  rDev +74.4%

OK, maybe I'm drinking a different Michelob Light since the reviews from March 2010, but I actually have no complaints about this one. It's a Light beer that goes down quite smooth. I enjoyed it, but still prefer the beer I brew myself.

Appearance - Pale yellow with a moderate carbonation. A decent poured head with some substantial lacing. The head dissipated after about 2 minutes but left a decent remnant of what it once was when poured.

Smell - Hops are noticeable, though the beer comes across as sort of sweet and malty. It smells better than Coors Light.

Taste - Initial taste is dry but clean. No metallic flavor at all. It made me want another sip and then I finished it. Definitely an American Light Lager.

Mouthfeel - Very light, but has some depth. Slightly over carbonated but acceptable for an inexpensive light beer.

Drinkability - Like I said... goes down smooth! it was what I expected from a Michelob Light. Could definitely throw back a few of these at a backyard barbecue.

11-12-2010 04:02:52 | More by Ron860
Minkybut

3.75/5  rDev +74.4%

I poured this average bland brew into my tumbler at 50 degrees. I would not normally waste my time rating a domestic beer but my wife drinks these and said why not? So. The beer poured a nice blond color, clear and sparkling. The head was white with tinly little bubbles that did not last long at all.The smell was breadty and yeasty. The taste was crisp and clean for sure. Good chick beer. I would drink this beer on a really hot summer day.

01-25-2009 21:58:26 | More by Minkybut