Michelob Light - Anheuser-Busch

awful

Anheuser-Busch visit their website
Missouri, United States

Light Lager |  4.30% ABV

Michelob Light is brewed with pale, kilned two-row barley malt and noble European hops.

(Beer added by: BeerAdvocate on 08-16-2001)
Sort by:  Usefulness | Recent | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Michelob Light Alström Bros
1.63/5  rDev -23.8%

First, let me say I don't consider "light" beer to be real beer. I tried this with reservations, but a friend of mine swears by it. Michelob Light pours extremely light yellow. Forget a head or any other good looks. Taste is watered down swill. Very chemical like twang. I had trouble finishing this. I was actually pissed off that a beer this expensive is so awfull.

Rifrafboy, Feb 11, 2003
1.63/5  rDev -23.8%

Poured from a sharp looking aluminum bottle. Does this count as a bottle, since it is can material? Who knows. Clear straw color, barely any head visible. Smell? What smell? Barely grainy, and I mean barely. Taste is also lightly grainy. No decent malt presence, no hops to speak of. What a weak POS beer. Skip it.

TastyTaste, May 10, 2005
1.63/5  rDev -23.8%

If there is such a thing, yesterday (a warm, sunny day) seemed the best time to try a light beer. I was outdoors, at a fair, and gave Michelob Light a try. I'm sorry that I did. Over-carbonated, with absolutely no taste, the beer was repulsive.

Suds, May 05, 2002
1.63/5  rDev -23.8%

Okay, I am not a fan of light beers. This is obviously better than than their Bud Light and Natural Light, but still nothing to write home about. Very little body, taste or character to it. When will somebody get the light beers right?

Wildman, Jun 02, 2002
1.63/5  rDev -23.8%

Every once in a while one must drink a mass produced beer to remind us why we love microbrews so much. I love Michelob for this reason.
Michelob is a pretty beer. Light in color allowing you to see the carbonation bubble to a thick rich-looking head. The smell was almost non-existant. Almost watery. That's where the taste comes in. watery. I don't know what they did, but I found no trace of hops anywhere on my palet.

CBFanWish, Sep 28, 2003
1.65/5  rDev -22.9%

Presentation: 12oz. brown bottle with easy to spot "born on" date -- in this case 5/03/03.

Appearance: Pours a wan yellow with a small, snow-white head; no retention or lacing.

Aroma; As with most macros, largely clean -- albeit with faint traces of cooked corn or the like.

Taste: Lightly sweet upfront with a sallow bitterness in the finish; traces of corn, grain and a flavor I think of as "macro-skunk" pervade. Thin, crisp mouthfeel.

Notes: 130 calories -- about 20-30 less than almost *any* 5% ABV beer.

Mustard, Aug 02, 2003
1.65/5  rDev -22.9%

Pours a thin yellowish straw color with a thick rocky white head and no lacing. Smells of corn and some grain, hops are nowhere to be found. Tastes quite awful. Like corn on the cob in a biscuit. Mouthfeel is super thin and the drinkability is fairly decent for something that tastes like horse piss.

TheKingofWichita, Oct 28, 2010
1.65/5  rDev -22.9%

Wow, I haven't killed a soldier in awhile. This one definitely went down the drain after four sips. Thank god it was free. Pours a pale yellow. Smells crisp, light, and sweet (to its credit I guess). Tastes awful, like theres nothing but adjuncts and sugar. Very grainy. Thin mouthfeel, high carbonation. If it were cold and stayed cold I could probably finish it, but this is basically re-labeled Bud Light to me...

beerNdarts, Sep 11, 2007
look: 2 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 2.25 | overall: 1.75

This beer is unavailable in my home province of Alberta, but I had a bunch of bottles of this on my trip to Las Vegas. Casino Royale had bottles of this swill for $1, which in Alberta is absolutely unheard of even for the worst beer. Our hotel was only a short walk from Casino Royale, so my friends and I took part in this offer several times.

This beer is pretty awful. I had one and immediately went back to regular Michelob. Water doesn't begin to describe it. No, No, no.

Olek4374, Sep 16, 2013
1.68/5  rDev -21.5%
look: 3 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 1.5

This is my girlfriend's favorite, so I borrowed one to review. 7 oz pony bottle, served cold, into a small Michelob glass. Pours a clear, pale yellow body with lively carbonation. Minimal white head quickly falls into a scant collar. No lacing, but to its credit the body has more depth of color than the Coors Original I recently reviewed.
Aroma leaves me speechless. Wordless, is a better term. Faint grain and a vague note of herbal hop, after some imaginative sipping.
Mouthfeel is light bodied with lively carbonation.
Taste must be well balanced and even, as all I can say is that it's crisp and clean. Not too sweet, not too bitter, but hardly any of either.
Easy to drink, just like cold and refreshing carbonated water. A typical fizzy, tasteless, American macro light and nothing more.

merlin48, May 03, 2005
1.68/5  rDev -21.5%

7 oz mini bottle.

One finger of head that dissipated into nothing in under 20 seconds. Smells of cheap American swill beer and adjuncts, but nothing too strong or offensive. Not much taste, and hard to pick up on what little there is. Bit of a subtle yet odd aftertaste. Felt like water in the mouth; fail. This might be drinkable to some, but it just lacks the taste to be a session beer for me.

Overall: if you're going to drink something in this category, you're drinking crap beer. Why spend the extra money for Michelob when you can get much the same undesirable traits from Keystone or Natty for much less, and without much of a difference in taste? Poor value; the next time I pay for cheap American beer (which won't be for a long while) I'll just go for the cheap stuff.

BarkingLeopard, Dec 29, 2008
1.7/5  rDev -20.6%

I went to a friends house in FL (here for the weekend) and he handed me a Michelob Light... I should've asked him what I did wrong to deserve it. It was horrid.

First is smelled darn near rancid but lightly so. If you ~tried~ to take a good whiff it'd hurt you and kill some brain cells. Veyr light yellow with a chemi-head that doesn't stick. It has a 'snap' to the taste but leaves residue and after-taste I could do without.

Again, light beer just doesn't make sense and Michelight isn't any different.

packetknife, May 25, 2002
1.7/5  rDev -20.6%
look: 1.5 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 2.5

This isn't terrible but I just don't see the point. For whatever reason I find this one to be even more watery than a lot of other light beer swill. However, that's almost like saying Aquafina is more watery than Poland Spring. Very pale yellow color with some straw or hay taste. Nothing offensive just nothing really to it.

changeup45, Aug 23, 2008
1.72/5  rDev -19.6%

NHbeerfishing, Oct 11, 2014
1.73/5  rDev -19.2%
look: 2 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 2.5

Why did I get this, oh for fun I suppose.

Pours straw yellow, maybe a wee bit darker than your average light macro.

No smell except for the slightest hint of malt

Tastes a very light malt, but mostly like a seltzer water.

Mothfeel is like seltzer water.

Overall drinkability is very east cause it is like fizzy water. What tiny bit of beer flavor I detected was not bad, but that kinda sucks for me cause I like having flavor in my beer. Oh well.

Manosbeeroffate, Oct 19, 2007