1. BeerAdvocate on your phone?! True story. Try the beta now.

Bud Light - Anheuser-Busch

Bud LightBud Light

awful

awful

Anheuser-Busch visit their website
Missouri, United States

Light Lager |  4.20% ABV

(Beer added by: BeerAdvocate on 08-22-2001)
View: Beers (75) |  Events
Sort by:  Latest | High | Low | Top Reviewers | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Bud Light Alström Bros
Ratings: 3,888 | Reviews: 1,257 | Show All Ratings:
vulgora

Oregon

1.38/5  rDev -25.4%

i am not a big fan of lite or light beers as the spelling depends on the beer.
i bought bud light because i have all ready tried everything cheap and this mini mart that wasn't a mikes hard shit or four loko. so at least it's better than that i guess.

its pours thin and yellow

tastes super adjucty, corn and rice and i got a really weird chemical taste like rubber or plastic . gross!

and the big surprise isn't that i didn't like this beer the suprise is that i just had tried natural light and it tastes way superior which is funny natural light is cheaper bud light is actually expensive .

if you must get a light beer i say natural light
or rolling rock but not dos equis that shit is not worth the money , for me i like genesee

im not buyijg bud light ever again the regular budweiser is bad enough but its 5.0% so its it's worth it and it's not that bad .

bud light for frat boys and girls that don't know good beer....

04-15-2014 17:27:48 | More by vulgora
maDUECEgunner

1.9/5  rDev +2.7%

I only drank it because the drunk guy next to me at the blackjack table ordered two, and didn't want to to drink the other one and gave it to me. It wasn't repulsive. But not good either. I only drank it out of courtesy.

If someone gives it two me I will drink it but will never buy one. I'd rather just order a coke.

2/5

04-12-2014 03:27:02 | More by maDUECEgunner
danimal9393

Arkansas

2.84/5  rDev +53.5%

My opinion Bud Light is highly over rated! Its one step above water! Although it does taste OK, but to a well rounded beer taster it is weak. Cost is comparable to other American beers, but I wouldn't buy it unless it was cheaper than a competitor. I can't believe this beer is so popular because it lack character in my book.

04-03-2014 23:49:26 | More by danimal9393
CraftPro

1.1/5  rDev -40.5%

I may be the farthest thing from a beer snob. You can find any number of "working man's" beers in my fridge, alongside a very limited selection of micro brews (or I guess they're calling them "craft brews" these days). I'll take a Pabst any day of the week and would never turn down an opportunity to try a beer, irrespective of it's label and manufacturer.

That being said, I simply can't think of one redeeming value of Bud Light. It's just terrible. Beyond terrible. It's the only beer I can think of (except of a horrendous experience with micro brew "Bent Paddle") that would leave me asking for a glass of water if that was the only beer on hand.

Excessively bubbly, devoid of taste, and a lingering chemical feeling in one's mouth just doesn't do it for me. If cost is your motivator, there's plenty of cheaper beers on the market that exceed in taste and quality. Start with pretty much any beer on this website, including a watery Blatz; it will be a step upwards!

03-25-2014 02:32:58 | More by CraftPro
Skwsproul

Washington

2.5/5  rDev +35.1%
look: 2.5 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 2.5

It's a go to beer. No after taste. Artificially carbonated. Mostly flavorless but a mild creamy flavor. Won't kill you in the morning. Doesn't upset the stomach. It's a good hang out with friends barbecue in the backyard beer. Almost as bubbly as bubbly.

It's not supposed to compete with craftsman beer and it doesn't. Face it we've all had our share of domestic mass produced beers and this is one of the best in that category. Quit dogging bud light, it's cheap mass produced beer.

03-24-2014 06:27:05 | More by Skwsproul
FLima

Brazil

1.71/5  rDev -7.6%
look: 2 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1.75 | feel: 1.75 | overall: 1.75

Bright yellow color with with a one finger fluffy head with low retention.
Aroma is a bit sour with notes of lemon and corn.
Although the aroma is quite unpleasant, flavor is a bit better. Sweet flavor of corn, floral hops, some mild oxidation. Dry and mildly bitter aftertaste.
Watery body with medium carbonation.
Although the aroma is far from nice, flavor is not utterly unpleasant; still I wonder how I could drink this when I was a teenager.

03-01-2014 13:04:12 | More by FLima
PoorProfessional

2.8/5  rDev +51.4%

Let's all step back from our beer snobery here and realize this beer for what it is - it's Bud Light, for pete's sake.

Of course it cannot compete with a myriad of brews that we all enjoy. But it is a staple session beer, and it does just fine. If I have indulged a bit too quickly in some craft imperial porter or double IPA, switching lanes and grabbing myself a bud light isn't such a bad idea.

This isn't meant to be a craft beer or anything special, and lord knows it is not. But it is what it is - I enjoy and appreciate it for being a fallback when the craft and micros get a wee bit too heavy.

In fact, I'm drinking one right now after indulging in Upland's Infinite Wisdom Tripel....

02-23-2014 01:55:18 | More by PoorProfessional
brutusmuktuk

1.1/5  rDev -40.5%

The very first sip has a nice, distinct wheat flavor. After that it’s barely a notch above water. About the only thing this is good for is when you’re outside grilling on a hot day, not worried about taste, and you want to have a small buzz with your friends. Also, it’s cheap. I avoid it unless it’s the only thing available. Sometimes I still avoid it.

02-19-2014 23:22:58 | More by brutusmuktuk
dacrza1

1.55/5  rDev -16.2%
look: 2.5 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 1.5

DATE TASTED: February 8, 2014... GLASSWARE: 22 oz. pilsner...OCCASION: watching the Olympics and feeling patriotic enough to review a true American product... APPEARANCE: lackluster pale gold body with reasonably lively effervescence; thin white head; tentacle smears of lacing... AROMA: tin, corn, and sweet syrup--slightly candied and demonstratively sweet... PALATE: light, as advertised--cold, crisp, watery presence, with slight carbonation ...TASTE: nearly tasteless--what does rear up its head isn't ugly, just metallic, beefy and rinsing... OVERALL: New Year's resolution: trying to spend less time babbling about subpar macros in these annuls; simple fact is, this beer's ubiquity cannot justify its smirk-inducing, blasé product that masquerades its way through billion-dollar ad campaigns; remember the penguin ads? THIS BEER is the thing In the house I am most nervous about finding....

02-10-2014 03:55:44 | More by dacrza1
nicholas2121

Bud Light is a Light Beer. This beer is brewed by Anheuser Busch. with an abv of 4.2. Light Amber Color lighter than Budweiser. Taste is smooth not much here just smooth. The smell is a light beer smell not much here. Over all a good drinking beer on a hot day.

02-09-2014 05:18:00 | More by nicholas2121
Retroman40

Kentucky

2.23/5  rDev +20.5%
look: 2.25 | smell: 2.25 | taste: 2.25 | feel: 2 | overall: 2.25

It's Bud Light - I only bought a 40 (at an outrageous 3.09) because I am a collector of 40 ounce bottles and needed the newest design. The beer itself hasn't changed much over the years.

A - Pours a very pale yellow with a weak almost non-existent head.

S - Some grains and adjuncts - no hop note at all.

T - It doesn't taste bad because it has almost no taste.

M - Very thin.

O - It's drinkable. It has no character whatsoever though. I can't rate it too "poor" because there are much worse lower alcohol light beers out there.

02-08-2014 10:52:16 | More by Retroman40
mando_thegreat

2.38/5  rDev +28.6%
look: 2.5 | smell: 1.75 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 2.75 | overall: 2.5

OK , so bud light what can I say... I wouldnt say it was the WORST beer ive ever had, but it isnt my favorite by any means. Ive certainly had my share on drinking it of course, but the taste is sort of hard to explain for me.... kind of a light/strong-tasteless taste... if that makes sense. its good when its ice cold, dont bother if its warm.

01-25-2014 04:04:31 | More by mando_thegreat
AaronTheBearded

Kansas

2.7/5  rDev +45.9%
look: 2.25 | smell: 2.25 | taste: 2.75 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 2.75

Let's not beat around the busch here. This beer isn't here to win ribbons or gold medals. It certainly isn't here to turn the hop-heads of beer geeks across the world. It is what it is. It's Bud Light.

A - Well, it's piss yellow, crystal clear, and has plenty of carbonation streaming up to a finger of white head that sticks around long enough for you to maybe say the alphabet, like if you're fast and haven't already had any more than a couple drinks.

S - Just don't smell it. Don't get all sophisticated with this one. Nothing to see here. Move along.
Okay fine I'll tell you what I picked up from accidentally hovering my face over the glass while I was contemplating my existence. Grass. Corn. Rice. That smell that is ingrained in my memory from high school parties and football games. What can I say? It's nostalgic.

T - Have you ever had Perrier? Or maybe just decided to chug a bottle of club soda out of pure boredom? It was kind of like that, only distilled in adjunct grain juice for a while. It sounds bad, but if you're expecting it, then it's tolerable. In the right mindset, you can even quite enjoy it.

M - This is what I actually like about this beer. It's refreshing, crisp, and has plenty of carbonation. Good for a hot day when you don't want to do anything, including thinking about the beer you're drinking. Very light bodied. Reminiscent of water.

O - I'm not saying this is a bad beer. I'm saying this is the beer that I keep on hand in case someone who isn't my friend asks for a brewski while I'm hosting a party. I'm not going to turn one away if it's the only thing available.

My advice? Grab some buds and go somewhere that serves a proper brew.

01-11-2014 08:10:39 | More by AaronTheBearded
Emnmarko

2.94/5  rDev +58.9%

A- Pale, clear and golden. Lots of carbonation with no head. Minimal lacing.

S- Pale malts with a rice backbone. No hops.

T- Typical light lager. Not much different from the rest. But I like to drink beer. And every beer has a right time. This lager has mild flavors and is basically carbonated flavor water with a little bit of alcohol in it. It tastes good after a hard fought volleyball or baseball game in the summer heat when a water would be better but a beer sounds great. Or when you want to sober up. This light lager is ok. No better no worse...

M- Goes down easy and classy. A little too carbonated and not enough aftertaste for me.

O- Well as most young people I also started drinking beers like this, and enjoyed them. Recently I have experimented with all sorts of different types of beer and discovered that I prefer a more complex flavor. But at the same time I think this beer has a time and place. Not my favorite but its ok.

01-06-2014 21:09:32 | More by Emnmarko
Mike_Moe

1.75/5  rDev -5.4%
look: 1.75 | smell: 1.75 | taste: 1.75 | feel: 1.75 | overall: 1.75

Appearance: Light golden straw color almost transparent.
Aroma: Light sweet malty aroma.
Flavor: Has a sweet watery taste, void of all hoppiness. Very light body and watery.
Overall: In keeping with the spirit of “respecting” all beer, I should not be rating this beer. I don’t like any of these watered down, commercialized domestic beers. Due to its popularity, I am often asked what I think about this beer. The only way to give an honest opinion, is to try it. This beer taste like the water after the beer glass is rinsed. It does go down smooth. For people who like the idea of drinking beer, but don't like the taste of “real beer”, this Bud’s for you.

01-03-2014 06:26:56 | More by Mike_Moe
Captain_Komamura

1.39/5  rDev -24.9%
look: 1.5 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1.25 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 1.5

Appearance - It has a light yellow hay color to it, with zero head.

Smell - The usual AAL smell, with a bit of a metallic smell to it.

Taste - Still not a fan of the weird AAL taste.

Mouthfeel - Light beer, with too much carbonation.

Overall - Not that great for a light beer.

12-28-2013 01:54:29 | More by Captain_Komamura
papat444

Quebec (Canada)

1.64/5  rDev -11.4%
look: 1.75 | smell: 1.75 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 1.75 | overall: 1.75

The king of beers (light version) pours a barely yellow body, very light. Not much aroma, taste is wet cardboard and stale malt. Flavor is more off putting than bland and actually had trouble finishing my glass (which i didn't). Proof that marketing trumps flavor in this case.

12-25-2013 23:32:40 | More by papat444
beerlover1990

4.94/5  rDev +167%

This is the beer that got me to love beer! Bud Light will always be my number one favorite beer! It's fairly cheap, but, it doesn't taste real cheap to me. It's smooth and refreshing. My number one choice when I want a beer. No, it's not all I drink. I drink many other brands, but, I love my Bud Light!

12-25-2013 06:38:55 | More by beerlover1990
RingoBro

1.5/5  rDev -18.9%
look: 1.5 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 1.5

Oh Bud light. You remind me of being horribly poor and picking up 30 packs of these during college. While this beer will "get the job done," I suggest you don't purchase it. No flavor whatsoever and clearly mass-produced swill.

There's a reason college students drink this beer...

12-12-2013 19:04:33 | More by RingoBro
kris10michele

1.33/5  rDev -28.1%
look: 1 | smell: 1.25 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 1 | overall: 1.25

Bud Light gets a big ol' "meh" from me. This beer is great because it's cheap, a general crowd-pleaser (for some reason), and it's relatively easy to drink because it goes down essentially like water. When I was a kid, I always heard that drinking beer was the equivalent to drinking urine, and in Bud Light's case, I can kinda see where that comes from. The color is light yellow, the flavor is barely there, slightly bitter and a touch rice-y, and the mouthfeel is like carbonated water.

Overall, this beer is great when throwing them down in beer pong...but not in many other circumstances.

12-10-2013 01:22:30 | More by kris10michele
LightEnthusiast

South Dakota

1.13/5  rDev -38.9%

Bud Light is way too popular around here, in fact everyone drinks it and I can't figure out why. Ranchers, farmers, good ole country boys, city folk...just blech. I'd like to teach them a lesson. If friends come over, and we're out of beer, that's what they bring. It's like an automatic decision. I wish they'd get a clue because Bud Light is absolutely disgusting.

I usually opt for a mixed drink instead in those situations. I have to be REALLY trashed to enjoy a Bud Light. This beer is watery, pissy, gross, and tinny. Doesn't matter if it's in a can, tin, bottle (slightly better), or glass. It's still the same cornbread piss fest in a blue and silver package. I avoid this brew at all costs. I would even take a Coors' Light over this crap!

I'm sure you've had Bud Light before, so you probably know what I'm talking about anyways.

12-09-2013 07:55:12 | More by LightEnthusiast
psychonautica

West Virginia

2.65/5  rDev +43.2%

I think we've all drank Budlight before, if you haven't then I don't know where the fuck you're from. It's watery and weak, but isn't all together disgusting. It's beer flavored water. Oh, and for some reason I get the worst hangovers from Budlight. It is also the most commonly drank beer around where I live, which is strange.

12-03-2013 20:49:30 | More by psychonautica
Mittsies

This is the perfect beer. The most masterfully crafted beer lager I've ever had the pleasure of tasting. First of all, the appearance is incredible. The logo on the can has had literally millions of dollars pumped into it, the commercials, billboards, and various advertisements all over the world letting us know that bud light is the master race of alcoholic drinks. It looks like yellow, bubbly water, that's how you know it's crisp and refreshing.

The smell and taste are Incredible. I absolutely love the aroma because it reminds me of the men's changing room at my local gym, and it's a smell that every man enjoys. This basically means Bud Light is the ideal drink for anyone who's manly and loves to work out. The drink is very dry-sweat-forward, with a strong dog-urinated-on-my-new-carpet note -- which are two of my all-time favorite flavors. I don't normally like to mix my beer with other substances, but if you add lime it really helps bring out the beer's unique characteristics.

This is important: make sure you drink Bud Light as cold as possible to really experience the beverage. Besides, nobody likes beer when it starts to get warm and unlock a wider array of flavor, right? You can even put the beer in the freezer to make sure it's extra cold, that's what I recommend personally.

The mouthfeel is almost identical to water. Seeing as I'm someone who loves to go to the gym, I drink a lot of water. I mean who doesn't love water? Just make sure the beer doesn't stay in your mouth for more than a second -- you want to drink it as quickly as possible. Don't ask me why, just trust me on this one.

Overall 10 / 10. Perfect drink.

11-29-2013 14:44:08 | More by Mittsies
fas11030

1.03/5  rDev -44.3%

Probably one of the worst beers I have ever tasted. I don't know how Annheuser-Busch and all the stores that carry this product could distribute this "beer" and be okay with it. Every bottle leaves you feeling sick and unsatisfied. Absolutely terrible. This beer is basically piss.

11-27-2013 23:41:02 | More by fas11030
AZYescas

Arizona

3.25/5  rDev +75.7%
look: 3.5 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3 | overall: 3.5

Bud light was one of the first beers I started drinking about 10 years ago. I never knew what beer was suppose to be like or if this was what all other beers competed against to the public. man was I wrong. I soon discovered other flavors, aromas, and depth in beers that bud light didn't offer. Although I do enjoy darker beers now I got to say bud light still holds a place in my heart. lets be real you can grab a 30pk at times for $16 during a major holiday or sporting event. Even if it doesn't hold up to other beers I'm sure it will be around for a long time to come. family and friends enjoy this pilsner beer and when its around I wont hesitate to grab one. cheers!

11-22-2013 00:42:22 | More by AZYescas