Bud Light - Anheuser-Busch

awful

Anheuser-Busch visit their website
Missouri, United States

Light Lager |  4.20% ABV

(Beer added by: BeerAdvocate on 08-22-2001)
Reviews by MusicaleMike:
3.25/5  rDev +75.7%

I have been drinking such great beers recently that I thought it about time to bring my senses back into focus. I had a feeling that a cheap light lager would do the trick. I do not normally drink light lagers, because I believe that finding a really quality light lager that I would enjoy would be a difficult task. I believe equally that making a tasty light beer is a difficult task, considering that one of the main goals is to eliminate excessive calories, which is normally not a concern of the great brewers out there. So, I picked up two light beers (Yuengling Light Beer for comparison) tonight and tried Bud Light from a 16 oz. bottle, which I poured into a pilsener glass. Born on date reads: 2/8/08

A: With a vigorous pour, I get a thick white head with fairly small bubbles sitting on top of a crystal clear, pale straw body. I am impressed by how long the head stays around for, especially after dissipating to a thinner layer on top of the beer. No lace on the glass and very little active carbonation present in the beer.

S: This is a very clean smelling beer. It is difficult to smell much of anything. However, there is the vaguest hop aroma accompanied by the typical AB smell. This shows up in the taste as well.

T: Rice and malt are there, much more than any hop flavor. There is the distinctive flavor from Anheuser-Busch beers, which comes from their Beechwood aging process, which personally I really like. I think it adds something where nothing used to be...Also, call me crazy but there are some light fruity esters that show up when the beer warms a bit.

M: The mouthfeel is smooth and light bodied. This is what one wants in their light lager.

D: The Bud Light was easy to drink. And since I found that it wasn't lacking in character, I could have another. If light beer was something I wanted in my life, I might pick this one up again.

2.7/5  rDev +45.9%

A - Poured with one finger of white head into the appropriate glassware (a shaker pint, of course). The foam settles quickly and leaves no lace. The body is a pale, straw yellow and perfectly clear.

S - Light, grainy sweetness. Otherwise, very clean.

T - Some slightly sweet, husky malt up front... and then nothing else. Finishes clean with a slight graininess and maybe the vague ghost of a hop leaf.

M - Light body, moderately high carbonation, and a slightly dry finish.

D - This is very easy to drink, possibly easier to drink than water. It has a remarkable lack of flavor. Bud heavy has some grainy malt and green apple off flavors, but this is a truly clean beer. This beer is the equivalent of some mad scientist managing to create an actual army of zombies; the sheer wrongness of its existence is abhorrent, but at the same time one can't help but marvel at the technical achievement. And in the end, that is really what this beer is, an empty, soulless, horrifically drinkable, zombie of a beer.

1.15/5  rDev -37.8%

Ordered a Miller Lite at some rat hole in East Dubuque and was given this by mistake. Can you believe they charge a buck more a bottle for this over ML? Well, that’s supply and demand for you.

Appearance: near nothingness. Palest yellow possible unless you are perhaps Green Light or Ultra. No head, extremely aggressive, coca-cola like carbonation.

Aroma: Nothing, maybe a little grain.

Taste/MF: Light bodied. Very dry, crisp, and carbonated similar to gaseous water. Mild bitterness. Nearly no malt. Perhaps a hint of corn. Very repugnant feel overall. Too carbonated. Burns the back of the throat.

Drinkability: As bad as it gets. Drinking one is very, very trying.

I marked this as want... I can't find this ANYWHERE. It's so polarizing that I've got to try it. If only momma could lend me the keys to her mini van so I could drive into town to find it.... looks like it's toilet wine again

4.34/5  rDev +134.6%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4 | overall: 4.5

Bud Light is one of my favorite beers that is not going to break the bank when you go out, or just want some beer around the house. The taste of Bud Light is good,while the smell is just average. I have always liked the texture of it as well. It is a good and relieble beer.

1.75/5  rDev -5.4%

1.25/5  rDev -32.4%

I drink this at parties for free lol, it beats naty light and not drinking at all

1.63/5  rDev -11.9%

There isn't much to say about Bud Light that hasn't already been said. It's not that it's a BAD beer - it doesn't have a BAD taste, or a BAD smell.... but rather it LACKS just about everything. There is almost no flavor, no smell, the beer is extremely pale (even for a pilsner - I've seen darker champagnes). You can taste some slight corn, grains, and malt, but it really all gets overpowered by the extreme carbonation. Hops are basically irrelevant and almost completely unnoticeable. The beer is about as thin as they come.

Having had many of these throughout my college years, I've come a long way. Bud Light gives you exactly what you pay for - a "beer" to drink when you really don't care about what beer you're drinking. With a nearly absent flavor and smell, there are MANY better options than Bud Light, even at comparable prices.

2.42/5  rDev +30.8%

This beer is your average light beer. It pours a very clear yellow. There's hardly a distinct smell to it. The taste is that of carbonated water. There's little flavor. Not too much to pick up on. Maybe some notes of corn. Practically no evidence of hops however. It does have a decent mouthfeel. At least one that is very carbonated. All in all, this beer is really nothing special at all. On a hot day it will cool you off because it's similar to water.

2.1/5  rDev +13.5%

So I was here in Louisiana attending a local crawfish boil, and as I scanned the montains of crustacian carcasses I noticed that everyone there had the same silver cans of bud light poking out of their piles that I always picture at a crawfish boil. I always picture that because as far back as I can remember, that is all I have EVER seen anyone drink at these things. There's never even Miller or Coors for the sake of changing it up. It is ALWAYS Budwieser. I always figured this was because it was cheapest, or because people in charge didn't know any better or whatever.

Then I started thinking, what would I pick to pair with boiled crawfish? It has to be light and drinkable, because you're going to need alot of it to wash down that spice and keep cool in the heat of the outdoors. Low abv helps in that department as well. And what about flavor? What plays well with crawfish? Well, corn actually was the first thing that came to mind. Crawfish and corn have such a natural affinity for eachother that having one without the other is like having peanut butter without jelly. Its ok without, but why cheat yourself?

So if I'm looking for a beer with light body, low abv, and lots of corn flavor, and I can drink gallons without feeling full or drunk, it turns out Budwieser is damn near perfect! Factor in that its price is condusive to feeding the five thousand and you have a winner on your hands. Don't fight it. Besides, wrapping your gut-goobered, orange-stained fingers around a tulip glass to quaff your IPA really just wouldn't be right.

1.85/5  rDev 0%

Bud Light 24oz. tall boy can.

A- Pours a ultra pale straw colored fluid with a mess of active carbonation that slowly falls to a quarter inch head. Little to none lacing.

S- Faint corn, grain and metallic scent on the nose.

T-M- Taste is heavily watered down corn and grains. Not even a touch of hop noticable. Has a sweet grainy aftertaste. Mouthfeel is of lightly carbonated stale water that taints the tongue.

D- Not my kind of light beer but if its all there is I'd drink it.

1.5/5  rDev -18.9%