1. BeerAdvocate on your phone?! True story. Try the beta now.

Bud Light - Anheuser-Busch

Bud LightBud Light

awful

awful

Anheuser-Busch visit their website
Missouri, United States

Light Lager |  4.20% ABV

(Beer added by: BeerAdvocate on 08-22-2001)
View: Beers (75) |  Events
Sort by:  Latest | High | Low | Top Reviewers | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Bud Light Alström Bros
Ratings: 3,888 | Reviews: 1,257 | Show All Ratings:
Mittsies

This is the perfect beer. The most masterfully crafted beer lager I've ever had the pleasure of tasting. First of all, the appearance is incredible. The logo on the can has had literally millions of dollars pumped into it, the commercials, billboards, and various advertisements all over the world letting us know that bud light is the master race of alcoholic drinks. It looks like yellow, bubbly water, that's how you know it's crisp and refreshing.

The smell and taste are Incredible. I absolutely love the aroma because it reminds me of the men's changing room at my local gym, and it's a smell that every man enjoys. This basically means Bud Light is the ideal drink for anyone who's manly and loves to work out. The drink is very dry-sweat-forward, with a strong dog-urinated-on-my-new-carpet note -- which are two of my all-time favorite flavors. I don't normally like to mix my beer with other substances, but if you add lime it really helps bring out the beer's unique characteristics.

This is important: make sure you drink Bud Light as cold as possible to really experience the beverage. Besides, nobody likes beer when it starts to get warm and unlock a wider array of flavor, right? You can even put the beer in the freezer to make sure it's extra cold, that's what I recommend personally.

The mouthfeel is almost identical to water. Seeing as I'm someone who loves to go to the gym, I drink a lot of water. I mean who doesn't love water? Just make sure the beer doesn't stay in your mouth for more than a second -- you want to drink it as quickly as possible. Don't ask me why, just trust me on this one.

Overall 10 / 10. Perfect drink.

11-29-2013 14:44:08 | More by Mittsies
beerlover1990

4.94/5  rDev +167%

This is the beer that got me to love beer! Bud Light will always be my number one favorite beer! It's fairly cheap, but, it doesn't taste real cheap to me. It's smooth and refreshing. My number one choice when I want a beer. No, it's not all I drink. I drink many other brands, but, I love my Bud Light!

12-25-2013 06:38:55 | More by beerlover1990
Seanizzle

4.75/5  rDev +156.8%

Nectar of the Gods! How can anyone honestly dislike bud light? That would be ludicrous! This is the ultimate party beer! It's everywhere you go! It tastes great, isn't too filling, has a great mouthfeel, and has a smell that will make you want more. If I was stuck drinking any beer for the rest of my life, this would hands down be my choice. Numero uno in my book. mmm bud light

03-01-2008 01:21:06 | More by Seanizzle
jpgoodin

Kentucky

4.7/5  rDev +154.1%

one of my fav beers...i see a bud light i think of cookouts,horseshoes,great times with family and friends.a fresh bud light the taste is great not over powerin and drinks so smooth..and dosent give u a hang over the next day ilike some other beers...bud light for the win!!!

08-29-2009 22:42:04 | More by jpgoodin
kdawg105

Georgia

4.4/5  rDev +137.8%

I love bud light talk about a light beer with an exceptional drinkability this is you beer. It pours to a nice yellow darker that bud ice it has a good smell not over powering of anything just right. The taste to me is better than good it is not super light like most light beers. The mouth feel works just right. The drinkablility is perfect I mean not as much abv% but its drinkability makes up for it I mean you can slam one in no time. To me it is all around the best light beer I have had to this date!

01-24-2010 06:49:21 | More by kdawg105
Broh-ha

4.38/5  rDev +136.8%
look: 4 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 4.5

Bud light is what it is ,a great clean tasting ,looking,and smelling American Beer. It has actual flavor that the silver can doesnt It doesnt have the nasty tripple brewed filtered through sweaty gym socks taste that the other one has. Face it any american wants pilsner they're at very least reaching for a micro-brew I wish no ill fate on any American owned brewery BUT good thing for M/C that theyre alot of dummys out there who are sold on color changing lable and twisted bottle shapes :0-)

03-13-2012 15:49:27 | More by Broh-ha
RyanLaCount03

Wisconsin

4.34/5  rDev +134.6%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4 | overall: 4.5

Bud Light is one of my favorite beers that is not going to break the bank when you go out, or just want some beer around the house. The taste of Bud Light is good,while the smell is just average. I have always liked the texture of it as well. It is a good and relieble beer.

02-20-2013 18:51:01 | More by RyanLaCount03
JamesMcCauley93

4.25/5  rDev +129.7%

It really is easy to see why this is the best selling beer in the world. The stuff goes down easier than water, but brings all the feeling of a pleasant buzz. If you're a hop head or someone that only drinks craft, you have no business here, but if you like to spend a few hours enjoying a refreshing beer with your friends bud light does it as well as any other macro light. Also, like most of us I am the proud owner of a decent sized beer gut, a light beer once and while makes me feel like i've made healthy choice. Yes, theres nothing outstanding about bud light, but there is also absolutely nothing wrong with it. Thats what makes it the best selling beer in the world.

08-03-2013 03:06:48 | More by JamesMcCauley93
sharlie

4.19/5  rDev +126.5%

This is my all time favorite beer, for a everyday drink. Whether its after a long day of work or even a tailgate day where you are out drinking all day in the sun, this is the beer for you. It is a light beer that is nothing special. Served cold out of the bottle is best for this beer. It's look is light and carbonated with little aroma this beer is good for any occasion.

04-29-2013 12:49:24 | More by sharlie
hophunter

4.18/5  rDev +125.9%

12 oz can poured into a pint glass.

Aroma: faint green apple, low hop aroma. Mild sweetness from the corn.

Appearance: very pale straw color and very clear. White frothy head that doesn't last.

Flavor: very crisp and refreshing. Low hop and malt flavors but are balanced.

Mouthfeel: light body and highly carbonated.

Overall, a very light, crisp and refreshing beer. It adheres to all the guidelines of what a Lite American Lager should be. It's a very drinkable beer. Personally, not always in the mood for it but great for when I want something really light. But then again i'm not always in the mood for an Imperial stout either...

09-02-2011 02:57:41 | More by hophunter
PsychoJedi

Alabama

4.13/5  rDev +123.2%

I chose this beer as my first review because it is so popular. Of course, popular is what it is in say the lemming population and that makes popular not such a good thing. The category is "American Light Lagers" and is reviewed as such. Otherwise, it would be asking who is better Dan Marino or Tony Gwynn? Michael Jordon or Wayne Gretzky? Also, some seem to review the most popular with extra low remarks as if being different is being cool. To the contrary, some review with too high remarks because it is the most popular beer. I have been trying out new beers as a hobby before it was cool. I would look all over though displays for singles that I have never tried because for the simple fact I was curious. I will never try to go out of my way to be bias on way or another or even try to be too un-bias.

This is my review based on "American Light Lagers": Appearance seems normal for a light beer except a little lighter than most beers which is not a negative for light beers because it suppose to be light in color. The lighter the better for light beer. A light beer with a Guinness color would make no sense and vise versa. Smell is dull. Nothing to write home about with the smell since it is practically odorless. Drinkability? It is quite possibly the most drinkable beer in the world. Great for parties and tailgating like I would even need to say that. Mouthfeel is good based on the fact it is an "American Light Lager" which it goes down smooth though I have drank smoother. Really nice taste. It is the benchmark that other American Light Lagers should be based on for better or worst.

Judging apples to apples and oranges to oranges it is the best American Light Lager to drink. Other reviews will be kiwis to kiwis based on its gender of course. This is my review and I am sticking to it!

06-07-2009 14:02:18 | More by PsychoJedi
0runkp0s

Colorado

4.05/5  rDev +118.9%

on-tap at home.

It's kind of funny how all these ppl on here cry cause this beer is watery? What do you expect from a light beer?

This beer is the king of drinkability. Pours a light yellow, smells grainy like all american lagers and goes down super smooth.

I know all the craft beer ppl hate this beer and blame its popularity on marketing but you all know a top craft beer wouldn't sell like bud light with a huge marketing campaign. People like easy to drink non bitter beer and something thats low on calories. I enjoy craft beer as well but I like my american adjunct the best.

We all enjoy beer and it would be a boring world if everyone had the same taste buds.

12-05-2010 20:54:36 | More by 0runkp0s
larrytm56

Iowa

I drink this in cans on the golf course, and bottles at home. It is easy to find and cost effective. It tastes good, goes down good. It kills the thirst after mowing, and while playing golf.

Besides it is no fun being a beer snob. If it all tasted the same how boring would that be?

12-09-2010 12:59:00 | More by larrytm56
kwyers

Lets be realistic, bud light may not be craft beer. But it has got more people laid than any craft beer. Most of life of a man revolves around getting laid, then you grow up get married then getting laid doesn't matter as much. When is the last time Pliny got you laid??? Dont hate on people that drink light beer, let them do their thing. Most girls do not drink craft beer if they drink any beer at all. I personally am beer spoiled due to my occupation, and I drink tons of craft beer with visits to Russian river, 21st amendment, victory, magic hat and goose island so far this year. The only reason these craft beers exist is because anheuser busch lets them. Craft beer is about 10% of the beer industry. Beer is meant to be drank. Drink up.

05-14-2013 22:34:08 | More by kwyers
nicholas2121

Bud Light is a Light Beer. This beer is brewed by Anheuser Busch. with an abv of 4.2. Light Amber Color lighter than Budweiser. Taste is smooth not much here just smooth. The smell is a light beer smell not much here. Over all a good drinking beer on a hot day.

02-09-2014 05:18:00 | More by nicholas2121
Poormon79

3.9/5  rDev +110.8%

A. Straw pale yellow. Pretty good amount of carbonation. Thin head

S. corny aroma, slight malt and hoppy

T. Sweet floral flavor

M. Seemed a bit watery. Enough flavor to call it beer but, mostly went down like water

D. Its a light beer. I like it when i party. Goes down fast an easy

Final Thoughts: Pretty much yellow water with alcohol. Haha some added flavors as well. Very drinkable

05-10-2009 02:28:47 | More by Poormon79
EdgeT

3.78/5  rDev +104.3%

This is among my top 3 favorite weekend beers. This beer is very flavorful and quite enjoyable to drink but some enthusiasts would think this beer is overdone with flavor and lacks traditional beer qualities. I would definitely recommend this beer when you want to go out an have fun or even if you are just chilling at home. The can however could use some work. The logo is simple and i like that but they can do a lot more to improve the appearance of the can.

02-20-2013 03:40:25 | More by EdgeT
purpletape

3.75/5  rDev +102.7%

First beer i had. Im not gonna say i went straight to craft. I will remember my roots. When sam adams, stone, or sierra are the only beers available i can count on bud light to keep me going. Perfect for any activity without getting to crazy and respecting beer at the same time. Cheers.

07-31-2010 07:57:23 | More by purpletape
beerbill

Indiana

3.73/5  rDev +101.6%

There are two things that perplex me. One, the fact that some people will hate any AB product de facto. Secondly, that a ''beer advocate" would drink a lite beer expecting some mona lisa type masterpiece in a glass. It's fucking light beer. If you want a beer good for drinking with a diverse crowd this is the right beer. If you want a beer that you can drink in mass quanities with no problem, this is the right beer. If you want something complex and interesting then find something that was meant to be complex and interesting.

06-14-2003 02:43:15 | More by beerbill
isualum12

Idaho

3.68/5  rDev +98.9%

pours flat with a yellow clear look. You can visually see the carbinization. Not a ton of taste but is good for the casual drinker.

Goes down smooth with zero after.

drinkablity is easy and smooth...You can drink all night long with zero taste change.

07-17-2009 04:07:21 | More by isualum12
MetalandBeer

3.65/5  rDev +97.3%

It's 90 + degrees outside, having a Bud Light in a frosty mug to go with my roasted egplant and peppers sandwich!

poured from a12 oz. can into a frosty cold mug-

Looks a light yellow color, almost like ginger ale,white one finger head, no real lacing.

Smells like beer!

Taste....crisp, clean & refreshing on such a hot day. Tastes what you'd expect a light beer from one of the big companies. No suprises, but no dissapointments.

Mouthfeel is light and watery, a bunch of fizzyness from the carbonation.

Overall it's a good light beer! it's great with your lunch, or on a hot day as you're working around the yard. A good cookout beer as well!

Think I'll have another!

07-19-2011 16:28:30 | More by MetalandBeer
RCLOHR267

Indiana

3.63/5  rDev +96.2%
look: 3 | smell: 3.25 | taste: 4 | feel: 2.75 | overall: 3.75

This is my cheap light beer of choice. I know it's nothing special, but it got me through college. And when the other beers I could afford we're so terrible (keystone, nattie lite), this felt like upper class. So I will always have room and nostalgia for Bud Light!

06-02-2013 19:42:11 | More by RCLOHR267
bbluemzbeer

3.6/5  rDev +94.6%
look: 3.5 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.75

I am reviewing against other light beers. I drank this for my first beer and cold. It is pretty good. The poor rating on the site is ridiculous. Is this number one selling beer in America ? Because it is horrible or the millions they put in their advertisement. It is not the taste or quality. You think America consumers is that stupid.
Here is the honest review

Appearance : Yellow lager. I got little watery lacing run down the side of the glass.

Smell : hint cereal grains.

Tastes: It is taste like America style light. It taste of grains , corn and malt. It is better taste then some other light beers. Dry and crisp and actually very easy to drink.

Overal: This beer is smooth, crisp, refreshing, balanced, easy on the tongue. I wanted a light lager. I got it! I was not looking for ale, stout or wheat beer. Would buy this again ? On special occasions but I take a Busch light or natural light over this because price

04-01-2013 15:33:41 | More by bbluemzbeer
PintOHops

3.58/5  rDev +93.5%

Poured from a new slim aluminum 16oz bottle into a mug.

Appearance/Smell - Appeared ultra clear, straw yellow with medium carbonation and a quarter inch of fizzy, soda pop like head that dies down very quickly. Effervescent or, seltzer like. Leaves no lacing as well. Smells of faint fruity apple, pair, and grape aromas, coupled by a lite but evident malt, rice & grain aroma. Overall lite aromas, with nothing dominate, but mostly just grain & rice aromas.

Taste/Mouthfeel - Tastes of ultra lite grain & rice, some evident malt that actually lingers on the tongue a bit. Some slight hop bitterness on the finish, very clean & lite, thirst quenching actually. Crisp! Mouthfeel is crisp, thin, lite & a little smooth with a small bite of carbonation on the tongue. Lite bodied.

Drinkability/Final thoughts - Well first off, Ill start by saying, not bad at all. Iv been meaning to pick up some BL and review it, I just thought that it wasn't going to be a pleasurable experience. I really like the drinkability of this, and the flavors don't get boring or tiring, just enough flavor to be thirst quenching and leave you wanting more, and pairs well with any food, especially Mexican! Decent lite beer in my opinion, Id say give it a try, you just might like it. Cheers!

04-25-2009 22:00:40 | More by PintOHops
armiakhe

3.56/5  rDev +92.4%
look: 3.25 | smell: 2.75 | taste: 4 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.5

I thought the bud light was very good. The appearance was a light yellow coloring. The smell was of wheat and a little malt to it. THe taste was very crisp and refreshing and I enjoyed it a lot. Best out of the bottle but the can was alright too. The aroma was not that good and was a little bland.

04-26-2013 12:32:00 | More by armiakhe