Bud Light - Anheuser-Busch

awful

Anheuser-Busch visit their website
Missouri, United States

Light Lager |  4.20% ABV

(Beer added by: BeerAdvocate on 08-22-2001)
Sort by:  Recent | Likes | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Bud Light Alström Bros

Here we go, to all the snooty people who reviewed this beer... why bother.

Bud light has supreme drink-ability. It's very crisp and clear in appearance. Smell is clean and refreshing, and taste and mouth feel are as smooth as it gets. I love all types of different beers. But I can't find it in my heart to down a beer just because it's mainstream.

The best part is when I pour what I tell people is a home brew or craft beer and they are like, wow that's really good, did you make it. I'm like, no... that's bud light. FURY is what I see in the eyes of people, because they actually like it.

I challenge anyone here to brew a clone of a Bud light and see what you come up with.

Boring and bland for sure. Not a lot of flavor. Busch light is better. Busch light is my lawn mower lager in the summer time. Bud light doesnt tank simply because it is one of the easiest beers to drink period. Supreme drinkabilty takes this beer where it needs to be. Comparing this to other BMC beers, this is better than coors, mainly because of the metallic taste present in coors light. Miller lite is a little stronger flavor. For what this beer sets out to be, which is a bland boring beer with very little taste, it reigns supreme. This is for people who just want a hint of beer taste. This isnt really something i would compare to Sierra Nevada or Sam Adams. Its just a light beer. This is one of the best party beers in my opinion. Sam Adams Boston Lager was my first good quality beer. i've had so many beers i can't really remember which one i had first. had to have been SA Boston Lager or Blue Moon Belgian white. Then my 3rd one was Bud light. I actually enjoy Bud light. I have nostalgia with Bud. Its been me and my buddy's fishing beer and party beer since 2 years ago. Lot of memories. The alcohol wasnt what made the memories, its the being with friends all having a good time. the fact it was Bud Light just makes me like this beer. May not be good compared to real flavored beer. Its just my official party beer. You bring in the bud light, its usually my first 30 pack finished at the party, followed by the coors light and bud light lime. People i party with also love corona. Pretty much, you will find this at any party worth a damn, or Alternatively Miller lite or Coors Light, or Busch too. I've brought busch, we're talking southern parties in corn fields with bonfires. brought some busch light and some bud light, and it was a good night. Any party worth anything at all will have bud coors or miller, or maybe busch, but other than that none of the off brand products. This is the supreme party beer for beer pong. Some good times partying with this beer. Still, lot better things out there. Just advertising makes this sell so well.

Ever since the dawn of man, since the first Homo sapiens wandered the ancient Earth... Mankind has striven towards greatness. From the invention of the wheel, to landing a man on the moon, humanity has come so far, and yet for every question answered, many more are asked. We still search for an understanding of our place in the universe... Humanities accomplishments pale in comparison to the vastness of the cosmos... Looking up to the stars we realize how little we are, how precious life is. We have built particle-accelerators and telescopes in an attempt to further our feeble understanding of the universe. How can we understand the mind of God? How can we that are imperfect understand perfection?

Webster's dictionary defines perfection as "the condition, state, or quality of being free or as free as possible from all flaws or defects."

Such a definition seems to be beyond our understanding, to transcend anything we could comprehend.

I am here, however, to argue that we have achieved such perfection. An invention of man, more monumental than the invention of fire or the wheel... More so than the creation of freedom and democracy (god bless America). I stand before you today, to share with you the greatest accomplishment in the history of mankind. True perfection in liquid form. The elixir of kings, the concoction of champions, the American made beer, rated a perfect 5/5 stars, number one selling beer in the world, BUD LIGHT.

Our journey begins with a can. A brilliant royal blue and silver cylinder... A certain luster... a certain glow... One that immediately distinguishes itself from all other canned beverages. The way the light reflects off the polished can... A display of beauty unrivaled by anything in the known universe... The presentation is without flaw.

By now we have grabbed the can, unable to resist. The can beckons to us, the promise of refreshment, the assurance of smoothness... Who are we to reject such a righteous gift? The can is opened by the desperate prying of our unworthy fingers... The hissing sound of escaping air... A sound heralding the start of a journey, the beginning of an adventure. As we move closer, our nostrils are stimulated by the fumes of whole-grain hops, the smell of superior drink-ability. Such a tantalizing fragrance... A scent more sweet than a bouquet of flowers, an aroma more pleasant than the sweetest perfume.

The first sip. A moment of pure bliss... Of majesty, of grandeur. To express it in words is a difficult task, such magnificence transcends the English language. It is like describing colors to a blind person. Pure ecstasy... Our taste buds attempt to tell our brain... I try to tell the readers... There is no language, no medium, no form of communication equipped to convey such an experience. I Implore you, noble reader, nay I beg you, go to the nearest grocery store, the nearest gas station, and invest in a can of Bud Light. Adding a 12-ounce investment of Bud Light to your portfolio is an investment in America, and an investment in your future, and it will bring many returns.

Thank you for your time and attention. God bless you, God bless Bud Light, and God bless the United States of America.

This isn't bad, but really nothing going to speak of. Its flavor, or lack thereof is the reason so many people like this. In my lineup of Light beers, This doesn't get a metallic taste. People on here tell people to start with the strong beers. Trust me, my cousin did that and he hates beer now. Start on something light. People say don't let bud light be someones first beer. Honestly when you first start drinking beer, you want something with a little flavor but nothing too strong. The reason i say this, is i started with blue moon. I almost hated beer from the beginning because i tried something so strong. Then, my friend gave me a bud light. I took a drink. It was nice and refreshing and didn't overwhelm me with flavor. It was good. The reason people buy bud light, and its the number one selling beer in america, is because it doesn't offend. Its light, doesn't have much flavor and is really refreshing. Nothing to speak about, but nothing that offends either. It gets a three out of five. Its an average macro lager.

Bud Light from Anheuser-Busch