Bud Light - Anheuser-Busch

Anheuser-Busch visit their website
Missouri, United States

Light Lager |  4.20% ABV

Beer added by: BeerAdvocate on 08-22-2001

Sort by:  Recent | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Bud Light Alström Bros
Ratings: 5,242 | Reviews: 1,491
4.81/5  rDev +160%

This is another one of the few types of beers i've had. Not much to really say about it. It tastes quite good and goes down smoothly. So far this is my third favorite beer.

4.72/5  rDev +155.1%

Nectar of the Gods! How can anyone honestly dislike bud light? That would be ludicrous! This is the ultimate party beer! It's everywhere you go! It tastes great, isn't too filling, has a great mouthfeel, and has a smell that will make you want more. If I was stuck drinking any beer for the rest of my life, this would hands down be my choice. Numero uno in my book. mmm bud light

4.68/5  rDev +153%

one of my fav beers...i see a bud light i think of cookouts,horseshoes,great times with family and friends.a fresh bud light the taste is great not over powerin and drinks so smooth..and dosent give u a hang over the next day ilike some other beers...bud light for the win!!!

4.46/5  rDev +141.1%

This is truly the gold standard of fizzy American light lager.

Not a great style, but definitely a great example of the style.

4.37/5  rDev +136.2%

I love bud light talk about a light beer with an exceptional drinkability this is you beer. It pours to a nice yellow darker that bud ice it has a good smell not over powering of anything just right. The taste to me is better than good it is not super light like most light beers. The mouth feel works just right. The drinkablility is perfect I mean not as much abv% but its drinkability makes up for it I mean you can slam one in no time. To me it is all around the best light beer I have had to this date!

4.37/5  rDev +136.2%
look: 4 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 4.5

Bud light is what it is ,a great clean tasting ,looking,and smelling American Beer. It has actual flavor that the silver can doesnt It doesnt have the nasty tripple brewed filtered through sweaty gym socks taste that the other one has. Face it any american wants pilsner they're at very least reaching for a micro-brew I wish no ill fate on any American owned brewery BUT good thing for M/C that theyre alot of dummys out there who are sold on color changing lable and twisted bottle shapes :0-)

4.35/5  rDev +135.1%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4 | overall: 4.5

Bud Light is one of my favorite beers that is not going to break the bank when you go out, or just want some beer around the house. The taste of Bud Light is good,while the smell is just average. I have always liked the texture of it as well. It is a good and relieble beer.

4.25/5  rDev +129.7%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.25

Sometimes you happen to like consistency...

4.2/5  rDev +127%

12 oz can poured into a pint glass.

Aroma: faint green apple, low hop aroma. Mild sweetness from the corn.

Appearance: very pale straw color and very clear. White frothy head that doesn't last.

Flavor: very crisp and refreshing. Low hop and malt flavors but are balanced.

Mouthfeel: light body and highly carbonated.

Overall, a very light, crisp and refreshing beer. It adheres to all the guidelines of what a Lite American Lager should be. It's a very drinkable beer. Personally, not always in the mood for it but great for when I want something really light. But then again i'm not always in the mood for an Imperial stout either...

4.18/5  rDev +125.9%
look: 4 | smell: 4 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.25

Only light beer I enjoy. Great session beer especially during summer. Pour some V8 in it and it's delicious.

4.15/5  rDev +124.3%

It really is easy to see why this is the best selling beer in the world. The stuff goes down easier than water, but brings all the feeling of a pleasant buzz. If you're a hop head or someone that only drinks craft, you have no business here, but if you like to spend a few hours enjoying a refreshing beer with your friends bud light does it as well as any other macro light. Also, like most of us I am the proud owner of a decent sized beer gut, a light beer once and while makes me feel like i've made healthy choice. Yes, theres nothing outstanding about bud light, but there is also absolutely nothing wrong with it. Thats what makes it the best selling beer in the world.

4.12/5  rDev +122.7%

Rating to style. You think it tastes like water? What AAL/light lager doesn't? And if you think it tastes like piss I have no perspective because that is a flavor profile I'm not familiar with.

4.12/5  rDev +122.7%
look: 4.75 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 4 | overall: 4.25

SWEET BABY JESUS! I believe I have seen heaven after drinking this beer. So fresh and so clean! I can see the rivers of heaven flowing with this delightful nectar from the gods. I'm going to baptize my children in Bud Light. YEE HAW! Can't wait to bring this bad boy to my next beer tasting!

4.1/5  rDev +121.6%

This is my all time favorite beer, for a everyday drink. Whether its after a long day of work or even a tailgate day where you are out drinking all day in the sun, this is the beer for you. It is a light beer that is nothing special. Served cold out of the bottle is best for this beer. It's look is light and carbonated with little aroma this beer is good for any occasion.

4.07/5  rDev +120%

A: crystal clear; pale straw in color; less than a 1 finger white head that receded quickly to a thin collar; no lacing;

S: bready, light malts;

T: pale malt and corn sweetness all the way; very mild bitterness on the finish;

M: light bodied; medium to high carbonation; dry finish;

O: I don't personally like the style, but for what this is, it's well made;

4.03/5  rDev +117.8%

I chose this beer as my first review because it is so popular. Of course, popular is what it is in say the lemming population and that makes popular not such a good thing. The category is "American Light Lagers" and is reviewed as such. Otherwise, it would be asking who is better Dan Marino or Tony Gwynn? Michael Jordon or Wayne Gretzky? Also, some seem to review the most popular with extra low remarks as if being different is being cool. To the contrary, some review with too high remarks because it is the most popular beer. I have been trying out new beers as a hobby before it was cool. I would look all over though displays for singles that I have never tried because for the simple fact I was curious. I will never try to go out of my way to be bias on way or another or even try to be too un-bias.

This is my review based on "American Light Lagers": Appearance seems normal for a light beer except a little lighter than most beers which is not a negative for light beers because it suppose to be light in color. The lighter the better for light beer. A light beer with a Guinness color would make no sense and vise versa. Smell is dull. Nothing to write home about with the smell since it is practically odorless. Drinkability? It is quite possibly the most drinkable beer in the world. Great for parties and tailgating like I would even need to say that. Mouthfeel is good based on the fact it is an "American Light Lager" which it goes down smooth though I have drank smoother. Really nice taste. It is the benchmark that other American Light Lagers should be based on for better or worst.

Judging apples to apples and oranges to oranges it is the best American Light Lager to drink. Other reviews will be kiwis to kiwis based on its gender of course. This is my review and I am sticking to it!

4.02/5  rDev +117.3%

on-tap at home.

It's kind of funny how all these ppl on here cry cause this beer is watery? What do you expect from a light beer?

This beer is the king of drinkability. Pours a light yellow, smells grainy like all american lagers and goes down super smooth.

I know all the craft beer ppl hate this beer and blame its popularity on marketing but you all know a top craft beer wouldn't sell like bud light with a huge marketing campaign. People like easy to drink non bitter beer and something thats low on calories. I enjoy craft beer as well but I like my american adjunct the best.

We all enjoy beer and it would be a boring world if everyone had the same taste buds.

Bud Light is a Light Beer. This beer is brewed by Anheuser Busch. with an abv of 4.2. Light Amber Color lighter than Budweiser. Taste is smooth not much here just smooth. The smell is a light beer smell not much here. Over all a good drinking beer on a hot day.

Always good

Lets be realistic, bud light may not be craft beer. But it has got more people laid than any craft beer. Most of life of a man revolves around getting laid, then you grow up get married then getting laid doesn't matter as much. When is the last time Pliny got you laid??? Dont hate on people that drink light beer, let them do their thing. Most girls do not drink craft beer if they drink any beer at all. I personally am beer spoiled due to my occupation, and I drink tons of craft beer with visits to Russian river, 21st amendment, victory, magic hat and goose island so far this year. The only reason these craft beers exist is because anheuser busch lets them. Craft beer is about 10% of the beer industry. Beer is meant to be drank. Drink up.

I drink this in cans on the golf course, and bottles at home. It is easy to find and cost effective. It tastes good, goes down good. It kills the thirst after mowing, and while playing golf.

Besides it is no fun being a beer snob. If it all tasted the same how boring would that be?

I'm sorry, but i just cannot help being a little sentimental with this rating... So...

To my faithful friend,

Thanks for all the memories!

Yours truly,

3.89/5  rDev +110.3%
look: 5 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.5

A great casual beer To drink with friends

3.87/5  rDev +109.2%

A. Straw pale yellow. Pretty good amount of carbonation. Thin head

S. corny aroma, slight malt and hoppy

T. Sweet floral flavor

M. Seemed a bit watery. Enough flavor to call it beer but, mostly went down like water

D. Its a light beer. I like it when i party. Goes down fast an easy

Final Thoughts: Pretty much yellow water with alcohol. Haha some added flavors as well. Very drinkable

3.83/5  rDev +107%

Listen. I may be breaking the rules here but I'm rating this not as a beer in general but for what it's worth.

For a beer snob (90% of BA) why would you even review this?

C'MON MAN!

Seriously, yes it has no taste or smell. But isn't that better than a bad taste and smell?

It has MORE flavor than a coors light.

It has less flavor than a miller lite, which is great because miller lite tastes like warm shit even when it's cold.

If this is at a bar for 1$ pints, this is a 10/10 beer. If you can get a 6 pack from any establishment for 8$ after 2am, this is a 10/10 beer. If you're throwing a kegger it's still okay when it's not.ice cold (unlike miller lite or budweiser)

In.general, a 3/10 at best

For what it's worth, what it's being sold for, it's target audience, and the limited options you have when there's only 2-5 beers and that's one of em, fuckin bud light gets a 7.89/10.

Don't be such pretentious cunts, call.a spade a spade and rate the shit beers on a bell curve.

Bud Light from Anheuser-Busch