Bud Light - Anheuser-Busch

awful

Anheuser-Busch visit their website
Missouri, United States

Light Lager |  4.20% ABV

(Beer added by: BeerAdvocate on 08-22-2001)
View: Beers (79) |  Events
Sort by:  Latest | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Bud Light Alström Bros
TheMcTwaten

Colorado

12-05-2012 04:06:48 | More by TheMcTwaten
bigdog3838

08-07-2012 21:02:07 | More by bigdog3838
Budlight_For_Life

Ever since the dawn of man, since the first Homo sapiens wandered the ancient Earth... Mankind has striven towards greatness. From the invention of the wheel, to landing a man on the moon, humanity has come so far, and yet for every question answered, many more are asked. We still search for an understanding of our place in the universe... Humanities accomplishments pale in comparison to the vastness of the cosmos... Looking up to the stars we realize how little we are, how precious life is. We have built particle-accelerators and telescopes in an attempt to further our feeble understanding of the universe. How can we understand the mind of God? How can we that are imperfect understand perfection?

Webster's dictionary defines perfection as "the condition, state, or quality of being free or as free as possible from all flaws or defects."

Such a definition seems to be beyond our understanding, to transcend anything we could comprehend.

I am here, however, to argue that we have achieved such perfection. An invention of man, more monumental than the invention of fire or the wheel... More so than the creation of freedom and democracy (god bless America). I stand before you today, to share with you the greatest accomplishment in the history of mankind. True perfection in liquid form. The elixir of kings, the concoction of champions, the American made beer, rated a perfect 5/5 stars, number one selling beer in the world, BUD LIGHT.

Our journey begins with a can. A brilliant royal blue and silver cylinder... A certain luster... a certain glow... One that immediately distinguishes itself from all other canned beverages. The way the light reflects off the polished can... A display of beauty unrivaled by anything in the known universe... The presentation is without flaw.

By now we have grabbed the can, unable to resist. The can beckons to us, the promise of refreshment, the assurance of smoothness... Who are we to reject such a righteous gift? The can is opened by the desperate prying of our unworthy fingers... The hissing sound of escaping air... A sound heralding the start of a journey, the beginning of an adventure. As we move closer, our nostrils are stimulated by the fumes of whole-grain hops, the smell of superior drink-ability. Such a tantalizing fragrance... A scent more sweet than a bouquet of flowers, an aroma more pleasant than the sweetest perfume.

The first sip. A moment of pure bliss... Of majesty, of grandeur. To express it in words is a difficult task, such magnificence transcends the English language. It is like describing colors to a blind person. Pure ecstasy... Our taste buds attempt to tell our brain... I try to tell the readers... There is no language, no medium, no form of communication equipped to convey such an experience. I Implore you, noble reader, nay I beg you, go to the nearest grocery store, the nearest gas station, and invest in a can of Bud Light. Adding a 12-ounce investment of Bud Light to your portfolio is an investment in America, and an investment in your future, and it will bring many returns.

Thank you for your time and attention. God bless you, God bless Bud Light, and God bless the United States of America.

07-06-2014 04:14:37 | More by Budlight_For_Life

shepd

Ontario (Canada)

12-16-2013 21:42:14 | More by shepd
Mittsies

This is the perfect beer. The most masterfully crafted beer lager I've ever had the pleasure of tasting. First of all, the appearance is incredible. The logo on the can has had literally millions of dollars pumped into it, the commercials, billboards, and various advertisements all over the world letting us know that bud light is the master race of alcoholic drinks. It looks like yellow, bubbly water, that's how you know it's crisp and refreshing.

The smell and taste are Incredible. I absolutely love the aroma because it reminds me of the men's changing room at my local gym, and it's a smell that every man enjoys. This basically means Bud Light is the ideal drink for anyone who's manly and loves to work out. The drink is very dry-sweat-forward, with a strong dog-urinated-on-my-new-carpet note -- which are two of my all-time favorite flavors. I don't normally like to mix my beer with other substances, but if you add lime it really helps bring out the beer's unique characteristics.

This is important: make sure you drink Bud Light as cold as possible to really experience the beverage. Besides, nobody likes beer when it starts to get warm and unlock a wider array of flavor, right? You can even put the beer in the freezer to make sure it's extra cold, that's what I recommend personally.

The mouthfeel is almost identical to water. Seeing as I'm someone who loves to go to the gym, I drink a lot of water. I mean who doesn't love water? Just make sure the beer doesn't stay in your mouth for more than a second -- you want to drink it as quickly as possible. Don't ask me why, just trust me on this one.

Overall 10 / 10. Perfect drink.

11-29-2013 14:44:08 | More by Mittsies
beerlover1990

4.94/5  rDev +167%

This is the beer that got me to love beer! Bud Light will always be my number one favorite beer! It's fairly cheap, but, it doesn't taste real cheap to me. It's smooth and refreshing. My number one choice when I want a beer. No, it's not all I drink. I drink many other brands, but, I love my Bud Light!

12-25-2013 06:38:55 | More by beerlover1990
Seanizzle

4.75/5  rDev +156.8%

Nectar of the Gods! How can anyone honestly dislike bud light? That would be ludicrous! This is the ultimate party beer! It's everywhere you go! It tastes great, isn't too filling, has a great mouthfeel, and has a smell that will make you want more. If I was stuck drinking any beer for the rest of my life, this would hands down be my choice. Numero uno in my book. mmm bud light

03-01-2008 01:21:06 | More by Seanizzle
jpgoodin

Kentucky

4.7/5  rDev +154.1%

one of my fav beers...i see a bud light i think of cookouts,horseshoes,great times with family and friends.a fresh bud light the taste is great not over powerin and drinks so smooth..and dosent give u a hang over the next day ilike some other beers...bud light for the win!!!

08-29-2009 22:42:04 | More by jpgoodin

01-08-2012 20:09:13 | More by soonerlight
kdawg105

Georgia

4.4/5  rDev +137.8%

I love bud light talk about a light beer with an exceptional drinkability this is you beer. It pours to a nice yellow darker that bud ice it has a good smell not over powering of anything just right. The taste to me is better than good it is not super light like most light beers. The mouth feel works just right. The drinkablility is perfect I mean not as much abv% but its drinkability makes up for it I mean you can slam one in no time. To me it is all around the best light beer I have had to this date!

01-24-2010 06:49:21 | More by kdawg105
Broh-ha

4.38/5  rDev +136.8%
look: 4 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 4.5

Bud light is what it is ,a great clean tasting ,looking,and smelling American Beer. It has actual flavor that the silver can doesnt It doesnt have the nasty tripple brewed filtered through sweaty gym socks taste that the other one has. Face it any american wants pilsner they're at very least reaching for a micro-brew I wish no ill fate on any American owned brewery BUT good thing for M/C that theyre alot of dummys out there who are sold on color changing lable and twisted bottle shapes :0-)

03-13-2012 15:49:27 | More by Broh-ha
RyanLaCount03

Wisconsin

4.34/5  rDev +134.6%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4 | overall: 4.5

Bud Light is one of my favorite beers that is not going to break the bank when you go out, or just want some beer around the house. The taste of Bud Light is good,while the smell is just average. I have always liked the texture of it as well. It is a good and relieble beer.

02-20-2013 18:51:01 | More by RyanLaCount03
JamesMcCauley93

4.25/5  rDev +129.7%

It really is easy to see why this is the best selling beer in the world. The stuff goes down easier than water, but brings all the feeling of a pleasant buzz. If you're a hop head or someone that only drinks craft, you have no business here, but if you like to spend a few hours enjoying a refreshing beer with your friends bud light does it as well as any other macro light. Also, like most of us I am the proud owner of a decent sized beer gut, a light beer once and while makes me feel like i've made healthy choice. Yes, theres nothing outstanding about bud light, but there is also absolutely nothing wrong with it. Thats what makes it the best selling beer in the world.

08-03-2013 03:06:48 | More by JamesMcCauley93
sharlie

4.19/5  rDev +126.5%

This is my all time favorite beer, for a everyday drink. Whether its after a long day of work or even a tailgate day where you are out drinking all day in the sun, this is the beer for you. It is a light beer that is nothing special. Served cold out of the bottle is best for this beer. It's look is light and carbonated with little aroma this beer is good for any occasion.

04-29-2013 12:49:24 | More by sharlie
hophunter

4.18/5  rDev +125.9%

12 oz can poured into a pint glass.

Aroma: faint green apple, low hop aroma. Mild sweetness from the corn.

Appearance: very pale straw color and very clear. White frothy head that doesn't last.

Flavor: very crisp and refreshing. Low hop and malt flavors but are balanced.

Mouthfeel: light body and highly carbonated.

Overall, a very light, crisp and refreshing beer. It adheres to all the guidelines of what a Lite American Lager should be. It's a very drinkable beer. Personally, not always in the mood for it but great for when I want something really light. But then again i'm not always in the mood for an Imperial stout either...

09-02-2011 02:57:41 | More by hophunter
PsychoJedi

Alabama

4.13/5  rDev +123.2%

I chose this beer as my first review because it is so popular. Of course, popular is what it is in say the lemming population and that makes popular not such a good thing. The category is "American Light Lagers" and is reviewed as such. Otherwise, it would be asking who is better Dan Marino or Tony Gwynn? Michael Jordon or Wayne Gretzky? Also, some seem to review the most popular with extra low remarks as if being different is being cool. To the contrary, some review with too high remarks because it is the most popular beer. I have been trying out new beers as a hobby before it was cool. I would look all over though displays for singles that I have never tried because for the simple fact I was curious. I will never try to go out of my way to be bias on way or another or even try to be too un-bias.

This is my review based on "American Light Lagers": Appearance seems normal for a light beer except a little lighter than most beers which is not a negative for light beers because it suppose to be light in color. The lighter the better for light beer. A light beer with a Guinness color would make no sense and vise versa. Smell is dull. Nothing to write home about with the smell since it is practically odorless. Drinkability? It is quite possibly the most drinkable beer in the world. Great for parties and tailgating like I would even need to say that. Mouthfeel is good based on the fact it is an "American Light Lager" which it goes down smooth though I have drank smoother. Really nice taste. It is the benchmark that other American Light Lagers should be based on for better or worst.

Judging apples to apples and oranges to oranges it is the best American Light Lager to drink. Other reviews will be kiwis to kiwis based on its gender of course. This is my review and I am sticking to it!

06-07-2009 14:02:18 | More by PsychoJedi
0runkp0s

Colorado

4.05/5  rDev +118.9%

on-tap at home.

It's kind of funny how all these ppl on here cry cause this beer is watery? What do you expect from a light beer?

This beer is the king of drinkability. Pours a light yellow, smells grainy like all american lagers and goes down super smooth.

I know all the craft beer ppl hate this beer and blame its popularity on marketing but you all know a top craft beer wouldn't sell like bud light with a huge marketing campaign. People like easy to drink non bitter beer and something thats low on calories. I enjoy craft beer as well but I like my american adjunct the best.

We all enjoy beer and it would be a boring world if everyone had the same taste buds.

12-05-2010 20:54:36 | More by 0runkp0s