Bud Light - Anheuser-Busch

Anheuser-Busch visit their website
Missouri, United States

Light Lager |  4.20% ABV

Beer added by: BeerAdvocate on 08-22-2001

Sort by:  Recent | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Bud Light Alström Bros
Reviews: 1,342 | Hads: 5,280
1.13/5  rDev -42.6%

Bottle: Poured a very light yellow color lager with small bubbly head with not much retention. Aroma of adjunct and little else. Taste is very light indeed, similar to water with bit of corn in there. Body is so thin it’s unbelievable. Hard to believe but being stuck between the regular Bud and this, I would go with Bud. (323 characters)

1.13/5  rDev -42.6%

I had to drink this just to say I rated it,can from a friend.An ultra pale color pour with a thin fizzy head that dissapates very quickly,no lacing.Odd funky corn,barnyard aroma.Flavor of odd sweet metal,and pee.Over carbonated,and as it warms it takes on the aroma of baby vomit.

I outlawed this from my home years ago when AB was running that STUPID Real men of Genius add on the radio every two minutes or whatever STUPID,I will die of thirst before I ever buy a Bud Light ! Not because it tastes like crap but because their adds were so STUPID ! (551 characters)

1.12/5  rDev -43.1%

I may be the farthest thing from a beer snob. You can find any number of "working man's" beers in my fridge, alongside a very limited selection of micro brews (or I guess they're calling them "craft brews" these days). I'll take a Pabst any day of the week and would never turn down an opportunity to try a beer, irrespective of it's label and manufacturer.

That being said, I simply can't think of one redeeming value of Bud Light. It's just terrible. Beyond terrible. It's the only beer I can think of (except of a horrendous experience with micro brew "Bent Paddle") that would leave me asking for a glass of water if that was the only beer on hand.

Excessively bubbly, devoid of taste, and a lingering chemical feeling in one's mouth just doesn't do it for me. If cost is your motivator, there's plenty of cheaper beers on the market that exceed in taste and quality. Start with pretty much any beer on this website, including a watery Blatz; it will be a step upwards! (977 characters)

1.12/5  rDev -43.1%

APPEARANCE: I have to say, the Bud Light does look refreshing. The light color with a tiny, but very bright, white head makes it look pretty appetizing. That said, what little head there is vanishes almost instantly and there is no lacing at all.

SMELL: I could not smell anything at all. I feel bad giving the smell an "awful" rating, because it wasn't. It just wasn't there at all. That said, I do not think it should earn any points on smell at all, so I will stick with awful.

TASTE: This is a very light beer. The small amount of flavor that is present is sweet and has a hint of corn and maybe sugar.

MOUTHFEEL: The Bud Light I had on tap was not well carbonated and it felt more like drinking water than beer. It offers nothing interesting to the palate.

OVERALL: If I've already had six beers, OK, I can manage to drink one of these, but as a first beer of the night it is simply not worth it to me. I drink beer because I enjoy beer, not because I want to get drunk. I know I'll sound like a beer snob saying this, but I enjoy bitter beer, hoppy beer, strong beer. So the Bud Light tasted like water that had been contaminated to me. (1,146 characters)

1.12/5  rDev -43.1%

Piss. It tastes like piss. Piss. It tastes like piss.Piss. It tastes like piss. Piss. It tastes like piss.Piss. It tastes like piss. Piss. It tastes like piss.Piss. It tastes like piss. Piss. It tastes like piss.Piss. It tastes like piss. Piss. It tastes like piss.Piss. It tastes like piss. Piss. It tastes like piss.Piss. It tastes like piss. Piss. It tastes like piss.Piss. It tastes like piss. Piss. It tastes like piss.Piss. It tastes like piss. Piss. It tastes like piss.Piss. It tastes like piss. Piss. It tastes like piss.Piss. It tastes like piss. Piss. It tastes like piss.Piss. It tastes like piss. Piss. It tastes like piss. (636 characters)

1.12/5  rDev -43.1%

Bud Light is way too popular around here, in fact everyone drinks it and I can't figure out why. Ranchers, farmers, good ole country boys, city folk...just blech. I'd like to teach them a lesson. If friends come over, and we're out of beer, that's what they bring. It's like an automatic decision. I wish they'd get a clue because Bud Light is absolutely disgusting.

I usually opt for a mixed drink instead in those situations. I have to be REALLY trashed to enjoy a Bud Light. This beer is watery, pissy, gross, and tinny. Doesn't matter if it's in a can, tin, bottle (slightly better), or glass. It's still the same cornbread piss fest in a blue and silver package. I avoid this brew at all costs. I would even take a Coors' Light over this crap!

I'm sure you've had Bud Light before, so you probably know what I'm talking about anyways. (841 characters)

1.11/5  rDev -43.7%

The fact that American beer drinkers are so conditioned to drink this shit is probably the greatest trick the devil ever pulled.

This was the most horrible thing I have ever put into my mouth.

Pisslike color and aroma, I dumped the rest out in the toilet where piss belongs. (276 characters)

1.1/5  rDev -44.2%

Tastes no different than the bottled version, free as well.

Still super yellow with a fizz that dies off, smells like cereal in water, and tastes like nothing.

Dries out the mouth more than in the bottle and also had almost no carbonation. If I ever had to have this again I would rather not drink anything at all or bring a glass with me to the restroom. Not good at all. (378 characters)

"This isn't beer". . .

I must have said that out-loud about 12 times to my wife as we watched the X-Files while I drank this stuff. And it really isn't. This isn't beer. It has less flavor than water. At least water has a refreshing crispness. This is like tap water with sweaty sock juice squeezed into it.

And it's like friggin $6 for 6 x 12oz
Horrible piss juice packed in those ultra-hip blue containers and sold for nearly as much as a wholesome, flavorful craft effort.

Wake up people. You could buy a craft brew for nearly the same price, water it down to like 2/3rds water and 1/3rd of the craft beer, and it would still have more flavor than Bud Light and you'd probably have 3 x as much fluid oz for your buck. (724 characters)

1.1/5  rDev -44.2%

Ack, can't believe people are giving this beer good reviews. As my one friend puts it: "Drinking bud light is like drinking yak ****". Don't know how he would know that, but I always take his word for it. Never thought I liked beer because I was always presented with stuff like this. (287 characters)

1.1/5  rDev -44.2%

The very first sip has a nice, distinct wheat flavor. After that it’s barely a notch above water. About the only thing this is good for is when you’re outside grilling on a hot day, not worried about taste, and you want to have a small buzz with your friends. Also, it’s cheap. I avoid it unless it’s the only thing available. Sometimes I still avoid it. (362 characters)

1.1/5  rDev -44.2%

Pale liquid, not so much straw-colored as it is just gray. A scary, dead-looking color. Freakishly clown-like aromas of cotton candy, sweet-heart candy, formaldehyde... I don't think I can drink this "beer." I push on. Wow. The flavors are thankfully very watery. I was afraid I would have to taste what I smelled. There is a very faint echo of the aromas on the palate, like it is coming to me across a vast distance. I feel safe. If I was a gutter alcoholic, I might consider drinking this... if it were free. (511 characters)

1.1/5  rDev -44.2%

It seems every time I go to a party this beer is in the hands of most of the party goers. I usually bring my own beer to parties for that very reason. I still end up having one though and each time it reminds me how much I dislike this beer. The appearance is pretty bad just a bland watery pilsner. The smell isn’t better, still awful. This beer has almost no taste. To me the only taste I notice is something like half beer and half water. A very poor beer, also a great indicator of bad taste. (497 characters)

1.1/5  rDev -44.2%

In all honesty, it doesn't taste like much of anything. At least it's lack of any qualities at all make it inoffensive.

Gave me the burps, and well that's about it. It really has little to no taste, smell or much of anything. I picked up a can for a quarter, just to try it.

For mass marketed crap, it's mostly inoffensive tasteless nonsense. Drinks down easy like water is the best thing I can say about it. It's alcoholic water, mmmm...but alas worth the 25 cents I spent on it to try it and learn about another beer. Cause you can't even make a phone call for a quarter anymore. (585 characters)

1.09/5  rDev -44.7%

Oh boy, here we go...

Appearance: Pours a yellowish pale, straw like with very thin white head that goes away immediately leaving small traces of any lace. Extremely bright & filtered

Aroma: A small trace of sweetness from the malt followed by a mild graininess. Hops? come on, im reviewing bud light here (that means no chance in hell). It smells like the homeless alcoholic down the street, nasty stale...bud characteristic. This seriously smells what the local drunk smells like after a 30 day binge, I should know. The only reason I am reviewing this beer is because it was the last one left in the fridge after an alki went on a binge then found his was into the ER half dead.

Flavor: The first thing I noticed is an awkward sweetness followed by a funky grain taste. Did they leave the gain silo open? They must have because this tastes like a stale shoe left in the rain. As one would expect no hops. The aftertaste is just awful, a stale gain flavor. Something is funky here.

Mouthfeel: Super thin!! higher levels of carbonation, as much body as Deer Park water. The grain is balanceed perfectly by the high amount of water & funk.

Overall: I am glad that you are reading this. Seriously, I am drinking this pig piss so that I can tell all to stay clear of this beer. I feel as if I doing community service here. Malt is flavorless & funky, no body, awful aroma,....you know what Im done with this, to the sink I go... (1,436 characters)

1.09/5  rDev -44.7%

I thought I should give this crud a try, just to see what all the commercial hype is about. My first mistake was pouring the beer into a glass instead of just chugging from the can. It made a lot of nice frothy head, and I'm giving it points on that only. The downside is that all the carbonation had gone after that since there's no body to keep it in, leaving me not just with bad beer but flat bad beer as well. I can't even say it had a taste; it was kind of like sour water. There was no hop flavor, malt flavor, or even yeast flavor. All in all, one more reason to be wary of American pop culture. (603 characters)

1.08/5  rDev -45.2%

I was given this beer for free at a ball game by a family member (who thought he was doing me a favor by buying it for me...and I appreciated the gesture).

Appearance: Very pale yellow, highly carbonated, with minimal head and no lacing on the plastic cup it was in.

Smell: Faintly sour and vaguely malty.

Taste: No hops, mostly weak malts and water...very bland and watery. Slight metallic taste. Became almost toxic tasting as it got warmer.

Mouth feel: Like carbonated water. weak and fizzy.

Drinkability: Uh, no. Sorry, but this is everything that is wrong with American macro brews. Watery, terrible (and almost non-existent) flavors and just a waste of time. Just another reminder of why I have NEVER been a drinker of light beers in my life. Hate the stuff, especially the big macros like Coors, Miller and Bud. It's just watered down bad beer. Yuck. (863 characters)

1.08/5  rDev -45.2%

What can I say about this beer that hasn't been said already....

This beer looks, smells, and tastes something terrible and felt like I was getting drunk from can after can of water!!! The only use I can possibly think of getting such an offensive beer is for drinking games and even then I think its a bad idea.

Next time I find nothing but Bud lights at a party I'm sticking to soda or anything that actually tastes good. (425 characters)

1.08/5  rDev -45.2%

Served on tap from a pitcher at Retro Bowl in Liberty, MO. I was drinking Boulevard Unfiltered Wheat, but drank this by mistake when someone bought a new round and handed me a refill. This was at a childrens birthday party, so I didn't want to cause a scene. I finished my one cup politely, made some mental notes, and declined a refill.

A- Poured into a plastic cup from a pitcher. The cup was solid, so I could not see the beer in it except from the top. From looking at the pitcher, it was pale, pale yellow. I know everyone says it looks like urine. but if the shoes fit... White head whith quite a bit of retention.

S- Hard to rate a smell when there is none.

T- tastes like corn and a bit biscuity. Left a metalic after taste

M- watery and fizzy

D- Like I said above, I drank this by mistake when someone handed me a refill. Since it was bought for me, I did the polite thing and finish it. I wish I left it on a table and walked away. Later in the day I had awful stomach cramps, which I am totally blaming on this pathetic excuse of a beer. (1,063 characters)

1.08/5  rDev -45.2%

Uh, it's Bud Light. At least I tried it on tap. I did successfully avoid this beer for a very long time. But, I guess I decided to try it. No head, lightly piss colored. Some carbonation. Tastes like seltzer that you cracked open 4 years after the expiration date. Mouthfeel? Yeah, if you think water has mouthfeel. It's the lightest of light beers I've had, I'm not sure if that's a compliment or not. (402 characters)

1.08/5  rDev -45.2%

A pale staw color with a tan head. The mell is of old hops and some malt syrup. The taste is similar. Not much different than water. Sparkling yellow water that is. Bitter is the main component. Body is light with a heavy carbonation. Not the most drinkable light beer. Good for cooking perhaps? Pairs well with a NASCAR race. (326 characters)

Bud Light
Even worse than coors light!
Bad attempt at a drinkable beer.
No head ,the taste was water down bud very stale flat skunked
beer.Makes coors light taste like a refreshing drink! (193 characters)

1.08/5  rDev -45.2%

If I were American, this being one of the best selling beers in the States would make me so sad (even if I come from a country where beer is understood as a yellow liquid).

Clear, oh so clear, not even yellow, more of a translucent beige colour. No head (what for?). Smell is inexistant, if any, it is of metal an raw corn. Bitter taste, I can not finish one of these.
No mouthfeel - it is like drinking carbonated water.
All in all, the worst beer i have had in my life together with Coors Light and Coronita. PBR beats the shit out of this and it is even cheaper. (566 characters)

1.06/5  rDev -46.2%

Are you serious? To call this stuff "wet air" (thank you, William Least Heat Moon) is being too kind.

10/10/01 update: This is now officially the most popular beer in America. I'm moving to Canada. (204 characters)

1.06/5  rDev -46.2%

Went to a big birthday party for a friend's son today and my friend points me to the bar saying, "get whatever you want." Well, I got something, (the only thing, it turned out) an ice-cold Bud Light.
Poured in a glass, this brew looks vaguely appealing to the unaware. A clear light golden hue with a fizzy, barely-there snow white head that dissolves in no time. That's as good as this beer gets. The smell is a rude assault on the nose, adjunct-laden sweetness followed by a sharp, penetrating medicinal note. The taste was something I'd not want to endure again in this life. Like biting into a riceball held together with Elmer's paste. Simply, absolutely and 100%-ly revolting. And that was while it was still near frozen. As I nursed it (why the hell did I do that!?), the repugnant flavor grew to nauseating levels and I finally knew I was beaten. The feel was even off; a weird, slick, cloying feel that belied the beer's light-bodied nature.
In retrospect, I guess I was just being polite. In the future, I'll come up with a good excuse (like, I have hepatitis) to avoid the near-destruction of my palate. Bud Light is, in a word: crap. (1,147 characters)

Bud Light from Anheuser-Busch