Bud Light - Anheuser-Busch

awful

Anheuser-Busch visit their website
Missouri, United States

Light Lager |  4.20% ABV

(Beer added by: BeerAdvocate on 08-22-2001)
Sort by:  Usefulness | Recent | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Bud Light Alström Bros

This isn't bad, but really nothing going to speak of. Its flavor, or lack thereof is the reason so many people like this. In my lineup of Light beers, This doesn't get a metallic taste. People on here tell people to start with the strong beers. Trust me, my cousin did that and he hates beer now. Start on something light. People say don't let bud light be someones first beer. Honestly when you first start drinking beer, you want something with a little flavor but nothing too strong. The reason i say this, is i started with blue moon. I almost hated beer from the beginning because i tried something so strong. Then, my friend gave me a bud light. I took a drink. It was nice and refreshing and didn't overwhelm me with flavor. It was good. The reason people buy bud light, and its the number one selling beer in america, is because it doesn't offend. Its light, doesn't have much flavor and is really refreshing. Nothing to speak about, but nothing that offends either. It gets a three out of five. Its an average macro lager.

InstantBeer, Sep 08, 2014

briwyckoff, Jun 21, 2014

shepd, Dec 16, 2013

This is the perfect beer. The most masterfully crafted beer lager I've ever had the pleasure of tasting. First of all, the appearance is incredible. The logo on the can has had literally millions of dollars pumped into it, the commercials, billboards, and various advertisements all over the world letting us know that bud light is the master race of alcoholic drinks. It looks like yellow, bubbly water, that's how you know it's crisp and refreshing.

The smell and taste are Incredible. I absolutely love the aroma because it reminds me of the men's changing room at my local gym, and it's a smell that every man enjoys. This basically means Bud Light is the ideal drink for anyone who's manly and loves to work out. The drink is very dry-sweat-forward, with a strong dog-urinated-on-my-new-carpet note -- which are two of my all-time favorite flavors. I don't normally like to mix my beer with other substances, but if you add lime it really helps bring out the beer's unique characteristics.

This is important: make sure you drink Bud Light as cold as possible to really experience the beverage. Besides, nobody likes beer when it starts to get warm and unlock a wider array of flavor, right? You can even put the beer in the freezer to make sure it's extra cold, that's what I recommend personally.

The mouthfeel is almost identical to water. Seeing as I'm someone who loves to go to the gym, I drink a lot of water. I mean who doesn't love water? Just make sure the beer doesn't stay in your mouth for more than a second -- you want to drink it as quickly as possible. Don't ask me why, just trust me on this one.

Overall 10 / 10. Perfect drink.

Mittsies, Nov 29, 2013
4.94/5  rDev +167%

This is the beer that got me to love beer! Bud Light will always be my number one favorite beer! It's fairly cheap, but, it doesn't taste real cheap to me. It's smooth and refreshing. My number one choice when I want a beer. No, it's not all I drink. I drink many other brands, but, I love my Bud Light!

beerlover1990, Dec 25, 2013
4.8/5  rDev +159.5%

Viper1110, Sep 13, 2014
4.75/5  rDev +156.8%

Nectar of the Gods! How can anyone honestly dislike bud light? That would be ludicrous! This is the ultimate party beer! It's everywhere you go! It tastes great, isn't too filling, has a great mouthfeel, and has a smell that will make you want more. If I was stuck drinking any beer for the rest of my life, this would hands down be my choice. Numero uno in my book. mmm bud light

Seanizzle, Mar 01, 2008
4.7/5  rDev +154.1%

one of my fav beers...i see a bud light i think of cookouts,horseshoes,great times with family and friends.a fresh bud light the taste is great not over powerin and drinks so smooth..and dosent give u a hang over the next day ilike some other beers...bud light for the win!!!

jpgoodin, Aug 29, 2009

24garcia, Sep 17, 2014
4.4/5  rDev +137.8%

Jhavoc03, Nov 03, 2014
4.4/5  rDev +137.8%

I love bud light talk about a light beer with an exceptional drinkability this is you beer. It pours to a nice yellow darker that bud ice it has a good smell not over powering of anything just right. The taste to me is better than good it is not super light like most light beers. The mouth feel works just right. The drinkablility is perfect I mean not as much abv% but its drinkability makes up for it I mean you can slam one in no time. To me it is all around the best light beer I have had to this date!

kdawg105, Jan 24, 2010
4.38/5  rDev +136.8%
look: 4 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 4.5

Bud light is what it is ,a great clean tasting ,looking,and smelling American Beer. It has actual flavor that the silver can doesnt It doesnt have the nasty tripple brewed filtered through sweaty gym socks taste that the other one has. Face it any american wants pilsner they're at very least reaching for a micro-brew I wish no ill fate on any American owned brewery BUT good thing for M/C that theyre alot of dummys out there who are sold on color changing lable and twisted bottle shapes :0-)

Broh-ha, Mar 13, 2012
4.34/5  rDev +134.6%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4 | overall: 4.5

Bud Light is one of my favorite beers that is not going to break the bank when you go out, or just want some beer around the house. The taste of Bud Light is good,while the smell is just average. I have always liked the texture of it as well. It is a good and relieble beer.

RyanLaCount03, Feb 20, 2013
4.25/5  rDev +129.7%

It really is easy to see why this is the best selling beer in the world. The stuff goes down easier than water, but brings all the feeling of a pleasant buzz. If you're a hop head or someone that only drinks craft, you have no business here, but if you like to spend a few hours enjoying a refreshing beer with your friends bud light does it as well as any other macro light. Also, like most of us I am the proud owner of a decent sized beer gut, a light beer once and while makes me feel like i've made healthy choice. Yes, theres nothing outstanding about bud light, but there is also absolutely nothing wrong with it. Thats what makes it the best selling beer in the world.

JamesMcCauley93, Aug 03, 2013
4.2/5  rDev +127%

SpencerS91, Jan 28, 2014
4.19/5  rDev +126.5%

This is my all time favorite beer, for a everyday drink. Whether its after a long day of work or even a tailgate day where you are out drinking all day in the sun, this is the beer for you. It is a light beer that is nothing special. Served cold out of the bottle is best for this beer. It's look is light and carbonated with little aroma this beer is good for any occasion.

sharlie, Apr 29, 2013