Bud Light - Anheuser-Busch

Anheuser-Busch visit their website
Missouri, United States

Light Lager |  4.20% ABV

Beer added by: BeerAdvocate on 08-22-2001

Sort by:  Recent | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Bud Light Alström Bros
Ratings: 5,247 | Reviews: 1,493

This is one of the worst beers I have ever consumed. I was invited to a party tonight and knowing full well that the beer selection would suck, I prepared myself. The only saving grace was that it was out of a keg and not cans or bottles, so it could have been worse! The pour was almost transparent at expected, with a slight head that subsided quickly. The smell was of light grain and that's about it. The taste was grain at the very beginning, then the seltzer water taste set in with the slightly dry carbonation making up the rest of the "flavor". This beer is just wrong.

One of the few beers that I will flat out turn down.

No redeeming qualities whatsoever. More expensive than drinkable cheap beers macro swill like High Life, OML, and PBR.

Pale yellow and fizzy with no head. Smells like musty, rancid water and tastes about the same. Mouthfeel is fizzy water. Drinkability is non-existent. Some seem to find it easy to drink, but I can't stomach it.

Avoid at all costs.

Does one heck of a job at killing slugs when poured into a pie tin in the garden. Has a born on date. Shoulda been aborted.

Fun at the bar: Get the tallneck bottles and cut out the letters from one of the labels to give it new names while you're lamenting the fact you drank five of 'em in the first place. Bug Light - The Beer for Backyard Barbecues! Bubu Light - Great Taste in a Yogi Beer! Butt Light! Bud Blight! There's just no end.

Nearly colorless, nearly flavorless. Starts out fizzy carbonated, with a distinct fermented rice sweet/sour flavor that's rather unpleasant if you've had any malt beers in the past day or so. It sweetens slightly over the sip, while the finish is, well, not there at all. It's a "clean, crisp" alcohol delivery device with some vague resemblance to beer. Is that worth spending money on?

12oz can poured into a disgusted gullet.

Pours the color of fizzy piss. It's bland and yellow. The nose is like skunky funk vomit and water.

Taste. Litterally this is like bland water. Why would you drink this? Because you hate beer and yourself. Skip this shit!

Purely and simply a mass produced "beer" no quality. Bad taste , extremely filling. Over -carbonated, and low abv. Anheuser Busch can hate on craft beer all it wants but its still picking up craft breweries? I don't get it. Don't drink this unless its free. Please?

Nobody seems to mention that the way American "light" beers are brewed is that they remove a LOT of the alcohol in order to reduce the caloric content. This is the whole American "point" for a "light" beer. it's American "diet beer" -- And just like diet soda, it has most of the life drained out of it.

"Diet beer" -- with reduced alcohol. Women in pubs realize they can drink this stuff and not end up riding home unconscious with a total stranger. *LMAO*

This ties with it's big brother as my least favorite beer of all time.
I made the mistake of having both of these at a Graduation party...it had been a while....for good reason.
Just horrible all around. Diluted pissy yellow. Fizzy, artificial head. Faint skunked aroma. Adjuncts on the taste buds.

Bud products are the only beers I have every encountered that give me near-instant headaches.
Stupid of me to even try, I will continue to avoid like the plague.

would rather just not drink

Tastes like wet air...popularity goes to show the power of advertising. Try something with SOME flavor at least!

"If water could go bad, this is what it would taste like."
"tastes like the ghost of a dead lemon"
"tastes like water strained from a gutter full of dogs teeth"
"tastes like a liquid John Mayer song"

I was having a feud with neighbor and I bought a six pack of these to empty and then throw on his yard. Definite "white trash" beer. People who like this are into stock car racing and hunting. I personally think it has no taste. I once tried to steam mussels in it, but that didn't even produce a taste. Will go with out before I drink this.

If there were a soda fountain for beer, this would be the product.

Color: Paler than the corn it is made from
Flavor: Dry, Corn water that was exposed to one flower of Willamette hops at 50 yards
Carbonation: Notice the aforementioned Soda Fountain
Smell: Sulfides and a hint of Grain

Overall Impression: Drink something else

This has to be the worst beer in the world. I would rather drink Black Label any day, and I NEVER drink that. Even worse than Coors Light. I remember my days working for a landscape crew, and we would have to pick up dozens and dozens of these bottles before we mowed outside our local wings place where people had thrown them off the balcony into the grass. I think this says something about the type of person who would order one of these awful excuses for a beer. That's not fair, they just don't know better (at least I hope.) OK, OK. I know...No slamming. Excellent marketing, really. I hope that InBev can improve on this product. It was amazing to me how many people bemoaned the purchase of A-B by a BELGIAN company because they'd "ruin the beer!" A. Too Late. B. Please "ruin" it. Make it something like an actual beer.

A-Bath water
S-Sour, maybe a bit of malt.
T-Bath water.
M-Bath water.
D-I really can't get through one without acute, sharp pain behind my eyes. Seriously. I have no idea what it is in this beverage that causes this. Arsenic?

camel piss may taste better

How can I review a beer so horrible, It's macrogarbage at its worst. I don't even care to think about how bad this is, one taste will tell you, damn what am I thinking and drinking. Stick to WATER as with all AB products, it doesn't matter which beer it is Dry, Ice, Original, or Light. They are all lousy and of poor quality and that born on date doesn't matter if you drank it from the brewery itself.

A - Pours a very light yellow-ish colour with little lacing
S - Very faint corn and grains
T - The taste basically follows the smell, which is basically a very faint corn and grains
M - An extremely light bodied mouthfeel
D - Unthinkable and undrinkable

A: Like bubbly tinted water.

S: The smell is mostly of corn and something rancid. Maybe bread.

T: Mineral water and then a bad aftertaste that tastes like something went wrong with the brewing process.

M: Highly carbonated water.

D: It tastes bad and has too much CO2. Only finished half.

I'd rather not drink than drink this.

I unfortunately had this the other night at my bachelor party. I figured what the hell it's my bachelor party.

Appearance- pale yellow color

Smell- very light ricelike smell, like a very light lager lol

Taste- barely any flavor, almost tasted like water

Mouthfeel- very light bodied

Drinkability- not drinkable at all, This is swill. I was only tolerating it because it was my bachelor party and it was my job to get drunk so I did.

I just saw that superbowl commercial again last night while watching tv, so Fuck you!

As I poured out the pee colored liquid in to my plastic cup, I knew I was in for something really "special".

Then after one sip of the flavorless liquid, I knew I was someplace that I knew I never wanted to return to again.

I then quickly handed it back to my host and traded it for a glass of ice water which had a much better color, smell and taste.

On a serious note, I rated this one across the board only because that was as low as I could go.

Why bother. It looks the same coming out as it did going in.

This beer is very popular and loved by so many. I am not one of those people. It pours very light yellow. Neither the smell, nor the taste are desirable. I must say the quality is not good. There was a time when I liked this, but it was when i was a young boy and before I tried anything else. I can understand why someone from europe would laugh at the united states for making this. I hope Inbev can help.

This is simply shit beer.

This is the best selling beer in America? I recently read that somewhere. The only conclusion I can come to is, on the whole, the majority of American beer drinkers have no taste. It has to be dumbass college kids driving sales of this dreck. This is putrid. I guess it's true: if you repeat a lie long enough, people will believe it.and with their commercials they repeat it ad nauseam.

Appearance- watery yellow
smell- awful
taste- awful
mouthfeel- watery/gassy
drinkability- why would you want to?

I recently picked up a number of different macros looking for one to stretch the budget in times of rediculously inflated beer prices.
this was one. bad choice. I also said in a past review of one of them : 'numerous horrible reviews to follow'. not so. I'm not reviewing anymore of these over hyped, over carbonated, nasty tasting cans of rancid dog piss. so there.
Take that anheuser- busch, and shove your gazillion dollar advertising budget up the south end of a north bound clydesdale.

don't waste your money, they'll just spend it on more stupid commercials,and you'll feel like you've been had.
and you'll be right.