Bud Light - Anheuser-Busch

Anheuser-Busch visit their website
Missouri, United States

Light Lager |  4.20% ABV

Beer added by: BeerAdvocate on 08-22-2001

Sort by:  Recent | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Bud Light Alström Bros
Reviews: 1,353 | Hads: 5,331

This has to be the worst beer in the world. I would rather drink Black Label any day, and I NEVER drink that. Even worse than Coors Light. I remember my days working for a landscape crew, and we would have to pick up dozens and dozens of these bottles before we mowed outside our local wings place where people had thrown them off the balcony into the grass. I think this says something about the type of person who would order one of these awful excuses for a beer. That's not fair, they just don't know better (at least I hope.) OK, OK. I know...No slamming. Excellent marketing, really. I hope that InBev can improve on this product. It was amazing to me how many people bemoaned the purchase of A-B by a BELGIAN company because they'd "ruin the beer!" A. Too Late. B. Please "ruin" it. Make it something like an actual beer.

A-Bath water
S-Sour, maybe a bit of malt.
T-Bath water.
M-Bath water.
D-I really can't get through one without acute, sharp pain behind my eyes. Seriously. I have no idea what it is in this beverage that causes this. Arsenic? (1,056 characters)

How can I review a beer so horrible, It's macrogarbage at its worst. I don't even care to think about how bad this is, one taste will tell you, damn what am I thinking and drinking. Stick to WATER as with all AB products, it doesn't matter which beer it is Dry, Ice, Original, or Light. They are all lousy and of poor quality and that born on date doesn't matter if you drank it from the brewery itself. (403 characters)

A - Pours a very light yellow-ish colour with little lacing
S - Very faint corn and grains
T - The taste basically follows the smell, which is basically a very faint corn and grains
M - An extremely light bodied mouthfeel
D - Unthinkable and undrinkable (253 characters)

A: Like bubbly tinted water.

S: The smell is mostly of corn and something rancid. Maybe bread.

T: Mineral water and then a bad aftertaste that tastes like something went wrong with the brewing process.

M: Highly carbonated water.

D: It tastes bad and has too much CO2. Only finished half. (292 characters)

I unfortunately had this the other night at my bachelor party. I figured what the hell it's my bachelor party.

Appearance- pale yellow color

Smell- very light ricelike smell, like a very light lager lol

Taste- barely any flavor, almost tasted like water

Mouthfeel- very light bodied

Drinkability- not drinkable at all, This is swill. I was only tolerating it because it was my bachelor party and it was my job to get drunk so I did. (438 characters)

As I poured out the pee colored liquid in to my plastic cup, I knew I was in for something really "special".

Then after one sip of the flavorless liquid, I knew I was someplace that I knew I never wanted to return to again.

I then quickly handed it back to my host and traded it for a glass of ice water which had a much better color, smell and taste.

On a serious note, I rated this one across the board only because that was as low as I could go. (454 characters)

This beer is very popular and loved by so many. I am not one of those people. It pours very light yellow. Neither the smell, nor the taste are desirable. I must say the quality is not good. There was a time when I liked this, but it was when i was a young boy and before I tried anything else. I can understand why someone from europe would laugh at the united states for making this. I hope Inbev can help. (407 characters)

This is the best selling beer in America? I recently read that somewhere. The only conclusion I can come to is, on the whole, the majority of American beer drinkers have no taste. It has to be dumbass college kids driving sales of this dreck. This is putrid. I guess it's true: if you repeat a lie long enough, people will believe it.and with their commercials they repeat it ad nauseam.

Appearance- watery yellow
smell- awful
taste- awful
mouthfeel- watery/gassy
drinkability- why would you want to?

I recently picked up a number of different macros looking for one to stretch the budget in times of rediculously inflated beer prices.
this was one. bad choice. I also said in a past review of one of them : 'numerous horrible reviews to follow'. not so. I'm not reviewing anymore of these over hyped, over carbonated, nasty tasting cans of rancid dog piss. so there.
Take that anheuser- busch, and shove your gazillion dollar advertising budget up the south end of a north bound clydesdale.

don't waste your money, they'll just spend it on more stupid commercials,and you'll feel like you've been had.
and you'll be right. (1,126 characters)

I'll say outright that I'm not going out of my to blast Bud Light. I'm sure it won't look that way, but I promise I'm just being honest.
I always say this is the beer for people with no taste in beer. Perfect for the inexperienced, (college kids) or people that usually don't drink beer. It's as close to water as you can get, but with the terrible corn after taste. I understand that the reasons I dislike it are basically the reasons it sells so well. I'm not trying to change that. I'm just not a fan of that kind of beer. At all. It's basically the McDonalds of beer. Cheap, easy to make, and will give you the desired effect. But it won't be great. (653 characters)

I marked this as want... I can't find this ANYWHERE. It's so polarizing that I've got to try it. If only momma could lend me the keys to her mini van so I could drive into town to find it.... looks like it's toilet wine again (225 characters)

Rating: 0.0
First had: ?

The light version of an already light and terrible beer. The lesser son of the King of Beers, Bud Light retains all the qualities of its forebearer: light straw color, fizzy, watery, and soda-like, with almost no semblance to beer whatsoever. Taste is metallic and of stale urea. Mouthfell is watery and a stale, rotten aftertaste is left behind. To be avoided at all costs. (401 characters)

Had the misfortune of showing up to a meathead party that only had this offering. Took about 3 sips and had to dump it.. absolutely horrid.... i feel sorry for anyone who thinks this is good beer (195 characters)

In my opinion "ALL" Anheuser-Busch products taste exactly the same. The differences between them are only more watery or less watery.
In this instance I think that price does reflect the product and at $14.99 a 30 pack it shows it's worth.
If i wanted something that tasted like Corn Flakes in water, i would have a bowl of Corn Flakes in water. (348 characters)

12 oz can. Tried it at friend’s Super Bowl party. Pours pale straw with a white head. Aroma of rotten eggs is much more pronounced than in regular Budweiser . Soda like body. There is not much taste here, somewhat like sweet carbonated water. It went down the sink drain nicely. (280 characters)

Had this beer many times at parties, or tailgating.
Its a party beer.
That being said it's very watery, no real great flavor, Coors light is a better beer, but both are bad. Do yourself a favor spend a little bit more of money or less quantity for a better beer. You might as well be drinking water with a nasty taste. (320 characters)

this beer blows...
it blows out loud...
and it will give you an upset tummy, and a wicked case of th beer shits...
if this is a beer of choice you might want to consider drinking a wine cooler now and then...
i would rather drink a six pack of corona, piss that out and drink that...
bud light sucks ass...
thats all i have to say about that...
end of story (357 characters)

I drank a bottle of corn syrup, chased it down with some rice. I then went on to a chemical laboratory and proceeded to consume every unnatural preservative I could find. I then began to spend multi-millions of dollars on showing half naked girls on TV raving about how my beer is tops. After my really bad indigestion, I went to the toilet to bottle my processed beer.

By this time, everyone's brains had been washed thoroughly and they went to Walmart to buy my bottled pee. (477 characters)

Not much to say that already hasn't been said about Bud Light. pale yellow, no aroma to it. The taste is water mixed with corn juice and then refrigerated. Bud Light is just another sad product of the carb craze. Bud Lght and all the other light lagers are the saddest syle of a beer ever made. (294 characters)

I used to go to a now defunct pizza joint in Greenville, n.c., they had this on tap, warm for $1/pitcher. No flavor, no nothing. I am no aficionado, but this is the beer of college students and people who hate their kidneys. Avoid at all costs, please. (252 characters)

A- Pours a pale almost clear yellow with no head or lace.

S- Smells like corn and bad water. Just not a good smell at all.

T- Taste like nothing at first. Then, there is this after taste of metal.

M- Feels like water with a lot of carbonation.

O- I have yet to understand why people like this beer. It would be cheaper to just drink water. There is really nothing good about this beer. It taste like metal and there is no quality to it. I wish this beer would just go away. (479 characters)

Crap. Taste like seltzer water with a dash of canned corn juice. Quit drinking crap a commercial tells you is good. If you like light beer go get some Pabst or Hamms for half the price. If some switched these beers out for your Bud light youd probably like it better. (267 characters)

Had one of these the other night at a party just because of beer pong. Figured it was time to finally put up this review. Had it plenty of times over the years.

A: Pale piss color yellow. No head. No lacing.

S: What smell? Skunk is not a smell, it's an awful moment in time.

T: Piss for sure. It's just awful. Can't stomach it. I generally avoid it completely if I can since my introduction into craft brews.

M: Thin, overly carbonated, and all around bad.

D: Others have been giving this a higher rating in this category just because of the popularity. Frankly I find it extremely difficult to get it down because of the high carbonation and awful flavor. It makes me sick. (679 characters)

Poured this from a can, into a plastic cup. Wish i had a frozen mug. It pours a very faint yellow color that you would barely guess was a beer. Very clear. It produced a small white head, poor retention and zero lacing. The aroma was....well not there...Smelled like beachwood aged water. This beer is very light in body- there really is not much taste, no hop flavor to speak of, no real malt or grain flavor. I think all i taste are bubbles. Worst beer I have ever had. (471 characters)

I am amazed that anyone could and would drink this and call it beer? There are many other session beers for hot days that actually taste like a beer. The only thing good about AB is the Clydesdales and their beer commercials. (225 characters)

Let's put it this way:

This beer is the definition of AVOID.

Simply because it is cheap and convenient does not mean you should even consider this beer.

Full of genetically modified organisms (GMO corn).

Enough said.

Love life,
I am a Sea Creature (look it up) (265 characters)

Bud Light from Anheuser-Busch