Bud Light - Anheuser-Busch

awful

Anheuser-Busch visit their website
Missouri, United States

Light Lager |  4.20% ABV

(Beer added by: BeerAdvocate on 08-22-2001)
Sort by:  Recent | Likes | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Bud Light Alström Bros

look: 1.5 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 1.5

Watching "Braveheart" last night. Go to the fridge to grab a beer. There is only one there. A 40 of Bud Light left by my brother in law from New Year's (sigh). Decided to do some tasteing so that I can write a review.

Decanted the 2005 vintage into a pilsner glass. A little forceful pouring and the narrow glass created a foamy, white 2" head that quickly faded to nothing. The appearance does NOT look like urine the way some people have said. No, no, urine has more color. It is a very pale yellow that is perfectly clear with a few bubbles coming up. The color almost reminded me of a Riesling or maybe a paler Chardonnay.

Smell, none.

Taste, You know how gatorade now markets water with a hint of lemon flavor? This is their new product. Water with a hint of beer and carbonated. Very carbonated.

Mouthfeel, carbonated water.

Drinkabilty, If you don't mind the taste, lack of aroma, and general un-beeriness you might could have finished the whole 40. I couldn't.

1.27/5  rDev -31.4%

I have found I simply cannot drink this beer. Even compared to Miller Light or PBR, I just can't do it.

The appearance is about the best part of this thing, the bubbles can be fun to watch, if you are 5.

There really isn't much smell to BL, and if there is, I find it is more like wet dog than anything else

Again, the taste isn't really anything. Maybe slighlty off water

Mouthfeel is watery, but bubbly

Drinkability is what really gets me here. It is just too carbonated. After even just 2 or 3 (because there is no reason to drink BL if you are only having 1) I find I can't do it, I am too full of gas.

look: 1.5 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 1.5

This was probably one of the first beers I ever tried. It's cheap and really at that age, I didn't know any better. The color is a pale yellow and pours out initially with a moderate amount of foam which completely dissipates into nothing. It has a very bland taste to it, almost completely like water. A lot of carbonation. Truly, it's the beer to drink when all you want to do is get drunk...and even then it will take far too many than I care to spend my money on!

1.27/5  rDev -31.4%

12 oz bottle into a pint glass. Sitting in my hotel room in Las Vegas and thought I'd give this one a try, just for kicks.

Pale straw yellow, white head that disappears quickly - just a slight film remains. Some lacing, better than expected.

Smells of a bit of sweet malt and some foul grains.

Malt, with a hint of sweetness, cereal grains worthy only of livestock. The flavors are all very dumbed down. Mild bitterness. Gross, confused aftertaste.

Light bodied, club soda level carbonation.

Just an awful beer. Honestly, I think I'd rather have a Coors Light. At least Coors Light is more or less tasteless.

1.27/5  rDev -31.4%

How could I ever have drank this? The taste is more like slightly strange tasting water. The ultimate test was complete when that was my only option at a hotel I was at. I tried to shandy it to give it something but to no avail. I settled for a diet coke!

With the big beer makers push to try and convince people that they actually use hops I tried hard for any incling of a hop taste. That got me focusing on the tastee so things went down hill. Hopefully the big players do not use the hop shortage to try and dent the inroads craft brewing has made to the masses.

1.27/5  rDev -31.4%

Well I've put rating this one off for a long time, truth is I haven't had one since I started rating beers. Downed a handful of these this morning during a golf scramble. No great or even good redeeming qualities, another light beer that will only give you a headache.

1.3/5  rDev -29.7%

I'm merely reviewing this beer as a public service, and because I inhale it rather frequently in games of friendly competition.

Pours a straw yellow color with a small white head that quickly fizzes away to nothing. Smells weakly of corn, and that's it. Taste is bland, pretty much like carbonated water with a hint of corn flavor. I would have preferred water really. Mouthfeel is light and bubbly, good enough to chug quickly and forget. That is the way you do it yes? Overall this is a poor beer, I would avoid.

1.3/5  rDev -29.7%

Egad! Bud Light!
Foam was light,light wheat in color that dissapated real quick with a serious carbonation issue. The color was a light gold almost yellow water. Smell was crisp and very small hints of hops. Absolutely no contribution to the senses. Taste, what taste? There was a feeling of 'no taste' involved except subtle hints of hops. Mouthfeel - crisp, carbonated. Drinkability - for me, it was hard drinking a beer with no taste compared to most other beers.

Bud Light from Anheuser-Busch