Bud Light - Anheuser-Busch

Anheuser-Busch visit their website
Missouri, United States

Light Lager |  4.20% ABV

Beer added by: BeerAdvocate on 08-22-2001

Sort by:  Recent | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Bud Light Alström Bros
Reviews: 1,342 | Hads: 5,280
2.86/5  rDev +45.2%
look: 2.5 | smell: 3.25 | taste: 2.75 | feel: 2.75 | overall: 2.75

Pours a very clear golden color with a 2 finger width carbonated head. Head quickly dissipates with little to no lacing on the side of the glass. Has more of a sour fruit aroma, but there is a slight hint of banana at the end. A little sweeter there. Bready, malty taste with a slight hop edge at the end. There is a hint of cloves and banana at the end. To be honest, as far as the type of beer goes, it isn't bad. It is fairly representative. I won't mistake it for a good beer, though. There is still more of a watered down flavor. (543 characters)

2.87/5  rDev +45.7%

A- Pours a 2 finger soapy, seltzer water head that recedes pretty quickly leaving no lacing. The body is crystal clear and straw yellow.

S- Some husky grains come across as well as some sweet lemon and adjunct notes.

T- Starts out with a sort of lemon notes, almost tart/sour, then moves into a metallic finish.

M- overly carbonated

D- For light lagers, I'd far rather go with Miller lite as it has more character, by far. This is ok, but not even decent. (461 characters)

2.88/5  rDev +46.2%

Well, what can I say. Bud Light is my goto brew after I've had a few.

It pours a slight straw color.
Average looking lager. Some carbonation, and a slight separation that sticks around more so than your other macro lagers.
Very subtle in flavors!!

Its crisp, easy drinking and an 'ok' light beer.
Very light hops, very light malt.
One might even say its a soda water texture.

There's nothing offensive about this brew and I enjoy it ice cold.
It's a session for me and one can likely drink "1 to many" of these. :)

Its an average macro!
Great commercials by the way, but that isn't the reason I drink this particular brand.
Cheers. (641 characters)

2.88/5  rDev +46.2%

I chugged this baby down at a friends the other day just not to be rude. It was just over freezing so that helps. the head was big and the color a clear paler shade of pale. Lots of fizz.

Smell.. eh some malt. a bit O' hops, but not much, faint staleish chemical smell.

Taste.. well it was so cold I could not taste much. that was good because as it warms it goes bad. Very crisp dry taste, some malt but mostly hops. but not much of that.

Mouthfeel was weak & meek, watery, lots of carbonation.

This is a drinkers beer so drink up Johnny. MK (555 characters)

2.88/5  rDev +46.2%

Before drinking this bottle, I had not consumed a Bud Light for quite some time. I was in the mood for something light and my mom brought by some "beer she had left over from the holidays" so I gave in a try. For what it is meant to be, it isn't bad. Went down smooth and didn't necessarily taste bad. We all know what a Bud Light looks like and tastes like, so I won't beat a dead horse here. BL is like water, but that's what it is supposed to be. Overall - I will drink this beer again in the summer, on a boat, in the sun. I could drink many of them without feeling full. (575 characters)

2.88/5  rDev +46.2%

I judge this as what it is, a cheap American light beer. Although not as cheap as Keystone, the standard around here, it is noticeably easier to drink. I'm not sure if it is worth the extra money, but as I drank it straight out of the 40oz, I have to say it is better than others, lighter and easier to drink after a night of hard liquor than the cheaper alternatives. College status, straight up. (397 characters)

2.88/5  rDev +46.2%

A: Your typical macro lager look: Bright clear gold, practically no head, and zero lacing. I'd imagine that 98% of regular Bud Light drinkers don't even consider these attributes such as appearance, mouthfeel and taste.

S: Almost nothing. Faint adjuncts. Corn, water, if it had an odor.

T: Practically non-existent. Hints of corn and rice, virtually no hops and a faint metallic finish.

M: Middle of the road carbonation, which helps the drinkability of average or below average beers such as this one.

D: Well, I wouldn't drink this for the taste, but for drinkability, it's okay. If I'm not thinking about what I am drinking, or I really don't care (or am desperate to drink) then I'd be okay with this. Otherwise, I'd pass 100% of the time if there are (craft or imported) other options. (796 characters)

bottles or cans

Appearance- Don't ever see it cause this is a beer you never pour! This beer my friends is drunk only out of a can or bottle!

Smell- Cold and refreshing (as long as it is not skunked) This is not a beer to smell or savor.

Taste- As is in the name. Light and one step above carbonated water.

Mouth-feel- Carbonation and cold

Overall- This is the beer of my youth and of Golf and after hockey with the boys or a night out when you want to drink a few beers socially and the good stuff can not be drunk in that quantity.

There is a place and time for Bud Light and it should be judged on that scale not on those of the craft beers, stouts and porters of the world! (684 characters)

2.89/5  rDev +46.7%

Bud Light
Anheuser-Busch, Inc.
Style: Light Lager
ABV: 4.20 % , cals=110

Reviewed ~10/2008 @ home, bottle>dimpled mug
A 2.0, very clear/clean light straw color, 1 finger head gone quick
S 3.0 mild but balanced, not skunky like some macro light beers
T 3.0 not bad, just not much!
MF 1.5 watery very very thin, no body at all, super carbonated
D 3.5 - If a mellow clean watery light beer is what you are after, this is for you! I like it better than a lot of other macro light beers. (486 characters)

look: 2.5 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 4

This beer pours a bright yellow color that really looks watered down with a short white head. The aroma is of mild hops and malt, but only faintly. The taste is not much different but it is carbonated accordingly. The high carbonation and low taste makes it go down nicely which is why its drinkability is so high. This beer could be used with the intention of getting drunk, except that it is more expensive than other beers that will do the same. If there were a value column, this beer would get a 1.0 or lower if that were possible. The taste is not worth the price. (570 characters)

2.9/5  rDev +47.2%
look: 2.5 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 3 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 3.5

poured a pale yellow crystal clear color with moderate white puffy head. Little if any smell. Taste is very mild. Mouthfeel is mild. Drinkable due to its mildness. Good "spacer beer" between a nice imperial stout and a very hoppy pale ale (238 characters)

look: 2.5 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 4

A clear, very pale yellow. Dense 3 finger head that retains very well, leaving little to no lacing. the smell and taste are predictably very water with a faint adjunct presence. Low alcohol, low carbonation , and lack of taste make a very drinkable, but boring beer. Refreshing and light, but so is water. (305 characters)

2.9/5  rDev +47.2%

Pours a pale, straw color with 1 fingers worth of head that fades with minimal lacing. Not much smell, just some slight sweetness and slight graininess. Taste is mostly carbonation, with just a trace of bitterness and a fast, clean finish. Now, I'm not claiming Bud Light is some god-send of a beer, but for the style of American Macro Light Lager, its one of the better ones. Its very clean, refreshing and drinkable. It is what it is. (436 characters)

2.9/5  rDev +47.2%

Everyone's gotta hate on the big dogs. If you're at a small bar or a picnic, they're going to have bud light. Are you seriously going to complain about this? This is a drinkable beer and not at all bad tasting. Just because it isn't a craft brew does not make it a crap brew. For the price and convenience of finding it everywhere, you can't go wrong with the world's best selling beer. The foam lingers for a short period of time and the smell is not noteworthy. It is enjoyable from start to finish. (501 characters)

2.9/5  rDev +47.2%

Bottle obtained from the discount bin of Liquor Mart (Boulder) and consumed about a week later. Born on 15 Aug05 D802. Very very pale dull yellow liquid (although it's crystal clear). Pours a two finger fizzy 'soda pop' head that quickly settles to nothing. Smells mildly malty...like honey sweet. Plus a darker aroma that comes across as sort of cardboard and mushroom, but which I'm beginning to recognize as Spalt hops. Tastes very watery. Mildly malt sweet and with a dark hop character. Hop is extremely mild and is *way* below the sting from the carbonation. In fact, I would say the carbonation contributes more to the flavor than anything else. The first sip was decent, as I could really 'get' the malt and hops, but all subsequent tastes were lacking. I'm not sure if my DFH pint glass will ever recover. I was foolish to use it for this Bud Light. The mouthfeel is extremely thin, like water. The beer actually improved a bit when I swirled to release some of the carbonation. The hop flavor became more prevalent and the taste of iron made an appearance. Drinkability...low when I'm in beer geek mode, but could be high under certain circumstances. (1,160 characters)

2.91/5  rDev +47.7%

I don't get all the hate for the BMC's on this site. Did everyone start out drinking craft? I know I didn't and I can also say I'm not, nor will I ever be too good for a Bud. I feel there is always a time and a place for it. If I know I'm going to drink all day, like tailgating at a Texans game, I'm going to bust out the Bud rather than an IPA or stout. I'm not even going to break down this review and tell you color, taste, ect. because you should already know what a light lager tastes like. In my opinion this site is more about learning craft/micro brews that you possibly cant get or find so you read about them. This beer is too easily accessible, you want to know what what it tastes like, go buy one. (711 characters)

2.92/5  rDev +48.2%

Pours a very clear extra light straw in color with a full inch of 'down the middle' head on the pour. Head dissipates quickly yet the beer offers some decent stringy lacing through the glass.

Smell is of deep ricy adjuncts, yet not of the corn I expected. This alone puts this beer above many other brews I've sampled of the style.

Tastes of light malt and rice, and rather highly carbonated, yet typically cloaking of the style. Surely better in a glass than via the bottle, not sure I can say that for many an Amerian (macro)-brew... (538 characters)

2.92/5  rDev +48.2%

This beer poured a clear yellow/straw color. There was a nice head which promptly vanished. The aroma is of hops – smells quite beer like – as well as a bit cereal. The taste is mild and slightly hoppy. It is hard to distinguish any flavors that are prominent – although water comes to mind. The mouthfeel is rather thin. I wouldn’t consider this a bad beer – just one that is lacking (in all areas).

I guess it has a redeeming value in that served ice cold on a hot day, it isn’t bad. (494 characters)

2.93/5  rDev +48.7%

24 ounce can, date of 24 FEB 11 stamped on the bottom of the can. Served in a pint glass, the beer pours a clear straw gold color with an inch white head. Not much head retention, but there's a decent amount of lacing left on the glass. Aroma is sweet malt and grain. I think the taste is pretty much the same as the aroma, it's all malt/grain/corn. Mouthfeel/body is light, and it's well carbonated. It's also a bit slick which surprised me. Rating this for the style of beer it is, I don't think it's bad at all. But comparing it to other beers in general, I would choose plenty of other brews before this one. (612 characters)

2.93/5  rDev +48.7%

A- Pale, clear and golden. Lots of carbonation with no head. Minimal lacing.

S- Pale malts with a rice backbone. No hops.

T- Typical light lager. Not much different from the rest. But I like to drink beer. And every beer has a right time. This lager has mild flavors and is basically carbonated flavor water with a little bit of alcohol in it. It tastes good after a hard fought volleyball or baseball game in the summer heat when a water would be better but a beer sounds great. Or when you want to sober up. This light lager is ok. No better no worse...

M- Goes down easy and classy. A little too carbonated and not enough aftertaste for me.

O- Well as most young people I also started drinking beers like this, and enjoyed them. Recently I have experimented with all sorts of different types of beer and discovered that I prefer a more complex flavor. But at the same time I think this beer has a time and place. Not my favorite but its ok. (948 characters)

It works.

Of the three generic beers (Coors Light, Bud Light, Miller Light) this is the worst, but it still gets the job done. It is very drinkable, and you could spend a weekend with a 24 pack of this and have a good time.

P.S. Does this even come in a bottle?

Cheers! (273 characters)

2.93/5  rDev +48.7%

On tap at the Fairfield plant. Gotta admit it's quite refreshing, fresh, and downright good fresh from the brewery's pipes. Still has some things that I'd consider defects that define Budweiser's trademarks; it's got plenty of personality but not enough charm. Pleasant bitterness and light, refreshing body with a gentle tartness. Very very fresh, which definately helps alot. Overall seltzer water vibe, which shoots beer right up your nose like soda pop. Drinability would be better if it wasn't so tame...I enjoy lots of light lagers but this one is obviously trying to dumb it down. This beer does, however, have lots of confidence,a nd it's clear that the brewers are in complete control. Don't pass it up if you're at the brewery, simply because it's not too shabby when it's this fresh. Cheers! (802 characters)

2.93/5  rDev +48.7%

Well its come to my attention that I have only reviewed some of the best beers in the world(as listed by BA). I thought it was time to truly appreciate what I'm lucky enough to have by reviewing something I'd rather not.

Poured from a 12oz can into a pilsner glass. Nice head admittedly at first but that faded as soon as I walked to my computer.

Appearance is crystal clear yellowish.

Smell is very metallic.

taste, what taste? As far as I can tell this has no real taste.

Mouth feel, water. Same consistency as water, only slightly more carbonation.

Drinkability, I guess all of those commercials were right, it has superior drinkabilty. The drinkability of water. (677 characters)

Serving Type - 12oz bottle born on 26august

Apperance - light yellow, kinda looks like arrogant bastard after your piss it out. white head that doesnt want to be there at all..it just runs away..

Smell - ? not much smell...smells like lemons and club soda..

Mouthfeel - Clean, water,crisp good carbonation...i like the mouthfeel of this beer

Notes - good refreshing beer not much flavor smell and not the best looking beer. but it quenches my thirst on hot south texas days the drinkability is awsome...not very hard at all to drink a six pack of this. (564 characters)

2.94/5  rDev +49.2%
look: 2.5 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 3.5

It looks see-through, just like water. If you look hard there's a slight yellow tint to it. I poured it like very harshly and the head was 100xs larger then the beer, but it is slowly falling. The lacing is barely even there.

If I smell really hard and breathe deep I can just barely smell the lager, but the first smell is faint and flavorless.

Taste reminds me of water at first and then turns into a sweet off-odor smell. It's hard to get a read on this because it's so flavorless.

Mouthfeel made me cringe the first time, like water, but when it hits the back of my throat it makes me gag.

Not very drinkable, it doesn't have flavor, body, or drinkability. I pray to God I never drink this again. (714 characters)

Bud Light from Anheuser-Busch