Bud Light - Anheuser-Busch

Anheuser-Busch visit their website
Missouri, United States

Light Lager |  4.20% ABV

Beer added by: BeerAdvocate on 08-22-2001

to view all ratings, reviews and sorting options.
Ratings: 5,102 | Reviews: 1,403

1.25/5  rDev -32.4%

Well I've put rating this one off for a long time, truth is I haven't had one since I started rating beers. Downed a handful of these this morning during a golf scramble. No great or even good redeeming qualities, another light beer that will only give you a headache.

1.26/5  rDev -31.9%

Had this at a house party and wanted to see if it was any different from a keg. Had to say it was much worse.

A: Pumped into a red plastic cup head forms but goes away in an instant leaving behind a groos looking bubbly trace. Color is darker than poured from a can but I attribute that to the red lining of the cup.

S: I almost gagged when I put this too my nose, it had a disgustingly sweet and sticky aroma, like boiled corn and sugar with strange hints of rotten fruity sweetness dipped in bread, just awful.

T/MF: Taste pretty much like it smelled and was somehow less carbonated and tasted less fresh than from a can, maybe a bad tap job contributed to this but still awful. Taste of creamed corn covered in nutra-sweet and mouthfeel is overly slick and leaves a film all over the tongue, it took a lot of effort to get through this beer.

D: I only give this beer a 1.5 because I imagine the tap line was a bit old and imparted a hex on the beer that made it worse than it should have been, still a terrible experience here.

1.26/5  rDev -31.9%

Served at a party I went to, I went home right after one of these. I should have went home instead of having that one beer. If you hate your friends, serve this.

Poured into a plastic cup, it was so pale and pathetic I could hardly tell it was beer. This pale yellow ghost had a fizzy white head quickly died down to nothing. Took a whiff and smelled stronly of sulfur with a hint of adjunct grains, I've had farts smell better than this brew. Taste was almost nonexistant but still was like the smell there was sulfur and adjunt grains. If you could drink a fart I think it would taste alot like this beer. This beer was too fizzy and overcarbonated, just one made me bloated. Mouthfeel was thin like water but sharp like seltzer water. Are there hops in this beer? Perhaps they added a hop cone or two to the whole kettle but I couldn't detect any hops. Beer is not very drinkable but I was able to finish one, it just wasn't pleasant.

1.26/5  rDev -31.9%

I tasted my friend's bud light, just because I was wondering if it had improved since college (even in college I wouldn't drink it... though I did drink Miller Lite...)

This is not a terrible beer... not like bud light clamato... but it is pretty flavorless and unimpressive. It pours crystal clear, light, and with little head and lacks lace (probably because novice drinkers don't want or appreciate a thick head). The smell is funky, light, and smells like old, stale Pale Ale. The beer tastes like alcoholic perrier... again, not terrible, but nothing to it. There is literally no finish. Possibly as a marketing ploy to keep people drinking it rapidly. I wouldn't say this is the worst beer... but it's pretty bad.

1.26/5  rDev -31.9%

When you have two 500 hp inboards pushing you 75 mph across a lake you don't pour and check the head. Popped in a "Goin South" CD and turned the 2200 amp sound system up to a loud enough level to drown out the 4 4" exhausts and held the can below the wind shield so that it would not vent from the rush of air comming across the 40' cigarette boats long bow.
The beers week aroma and clear lemon pils color are lost here. Its 12 oz of liquid absorbs the icy coldness thru the aluminum can and the Cold and Carbonation are a vehicle for the alcoholic flavored water to rewet my drying mouth. This is what this beer was made for.. . high speed consumption.

Its a fine clear 70° mid Feb. day and we are the only boat on the slick water. We ease into a slip tie up and order a microbrew from the bartender in the Toad Cove restaurant and the Chef quickly prepairs our Gruper Sandwitches. After my microbrew the rest of the bullets stayed on ice until the sun sat on the lake and the boat was back in the Hanger 50 miles from the lake.

Does this describe drinkability?

a 1 rating "awful" really translates here as less than needed to be observable or not present which pretty much describes smell and mouthfeel. Taste is just less than not impressed. I was a 30 can silver bullet boater until I started homebrewing and expanding my style range around November last year. I still have 15 or 20 of my last 30 pack that I use to rinse out my glass ware and give to my neighbor who supplies my untreated deep well water for my homebrews.

1.26/5  rDev -31.9%

My go to college beer... when I didn't know any better.

A - Looks like sparkling cider.

S - Smells like hay and a rusty pipe.

T - Tastes like sparkling apple cider with some metal shavings in it.

M - The same feel as a soft drink.

D - Would rather drink water. If served out of the fridge at a close to freezing temp then I can put one down.

1.26/5  rDev -31.9%

Appeared sudsy and yellow, overcarbonated. Smelled of yeast and corn. Some salt. Tasted mellow of corn with dry grassy notes and light weak hops. Seltzer water mouthfeel.

I felt I should try and review a beer that I used to drink (but don't anymore) and give it an honest review. It's difficult to believe this liquid I'm drinking is actually beer, but alas the label proclaims it as such. I was trying to keep this beer's style in mind when reviewing (light lager) but it doesn't compare to almost any other light lagers I've ever tried. This is painful to drink, though I can see how an inexperienced palate may consider this refreshing and benign enough to enjoy as a session beer.

1.27/5  rDev -31.4%

Served from the can at a tailgate session.

Looks reasonably like a beer, but no smell or feel to speak of, and next to no taste. A reasonable substitute for water. Only offensive in its lack of "beerness"; it doesn't taste unpleasant- it just doesn't taste at all.

1.27/5  rDev -31.4%

This is the beer you drink when you are already drunk as my friend has said. The taste is only unique in that it has absolutely no uniquness. I found this beer a waste of time, money, and brain cells. I suggest buying a Heineken is your looking for cheaper mass produced beer, stay away from this vacuum of taste.

1.27/5  rDev -31.4%

I can't believe I'm wasting my time reviewing this. Free at a wedding I attended. Served in a pilsner glass. Even on draft it was bad. Color is an extremely pale yellow. I think most olive oils have a deeper shade of yellow. Thin white head. Mouthfeel was fizzy and unbelievably thin. Tasted like... well, there was no taste. Hint of crispness in the finish.

I can't stand Budweiser and Bud Light is more of the same garbage with even less redeeming qualities. This is a beer for people who don't like the taste of beer, so they choose something that lacks any and all flavor characteristics. If you're watching calories drink water or certainly find a light beer with some kind of flavor.

to view all ratings, reviews and sorting options.
Bud Light from Anheuser-Busch