1. Extreme Beer Fest tickets go on sale Sat, Sep 27 @ Noon EDT.

Bud Light - Anheuser-Busch

Bud LightBud Light

awful

awful

Anheuser-Busch visit their website
Missouri, United States

Light Lager |  4.20% ABV

(Beer added by: BeerAdvocate on 08-22-2001)
Sort by:  Usefulness | Recent | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Bud Light Alström Bros
1.43/5  rDev -22.7%

The beer pours a pale yellow with lage bubbles and no head. The aroma is better than the flavor. I actually smell some malt. The flavor is quite subtle with water and CO2 bubbles dominating. Very light on the pallette. What more is there to say to reach the 250 character minimum.

beakerboy, Aug 23, 2007
1.43/5  rDev -22.7%
look: 1.5 | smell: 1 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 1.75 | overall: 1.5

Pours a piss yellow color with a head that disappears in seconds. Smells like a skunked beer when it's chilled. Tastes like every other mass produced american lager, malty and makes you want to finish it as fast as possible trying to avoid what it tastes like if it gets to a balmy 40 degrees Fahrenheit. Honestly wasn't in my mouth long enough to tell you how it felt. Sadly, I will buy it again just because it's cheap and it's hard to argue with 14 bucks for a case. Please don't let your friends let this be their first beer.

clemsonalum13, Jun 19, 2014
1.43/5  rDev -22.7%

What can I say... The most overrated beer of all time. You would think that with all of the money that AB has wasted on advertising this swill that they could have invested at leaste SOME of that money to creating a half decent beer.

First of all, the color is disconcerting. It looks more like a bodily fluid than a beer. Then you get to the taste..ugh. Watery, but with a slight taste of leftovers scraped from the floor when they brewed regular Bud tossed in. Combine that with the average price tag for a 24 pack being around $14 and you get an all-around rip-off. Its considered good beer by those who have never had anything except for MGD, Rolling Rock, or Coors Light. Personally, I'd rather have a Keystone Light, Natty Light, or even a PBR. Those three beers are not only more satisfying, they are half the price of this overpriced beer-water. Hey, at least the commercials are good. (I attend college in Williamsburg, VA, right next to Busch Gardens and the AB Brewery. I have to smell this stuff being brewed.)

WMBierguy, Jan 31, 2003
1.43/5  rDev -22.7%

Bud Light is a very clear, very sparkling, pale straw-colored lager with a small white head that vanishes quickly. The aroma is slightly sweet, with notes of corn and lemon and maybe rice. It is very light bodied and bubbly with a crisp finish. There is almost no flavor at all. There are notes of cardboard, corn and anonymous grain. The finish is lemony. It comes in a nice bowling pin bottle.
(rated Sep 2, 2008)

yesyouam, Dec 11, 2008
1.44/5  rDev -22.2%

treeslothguy, Aug 15, 2014
1.44/5  rDev -22.2%

pjhawker, Aug 28, 2014
1.45/5  rDev -21.6%

12 ounce can sampled. Comes with "born on dating "on the bottom of the can...Pours dull yellow and clear, medium bubble white head. The question I have is, how can so many people drink so much of this swill?? This is very lame brew, maybe I'd drink it again, but only only on a VERY hot day.

Billolick, Feb 25, 2005
look: 1.5 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 1 | overall: 1.5

Used to drink this regularly so I had to try again.

Light gold color with a soapy white head that disappeared very quickly.
Smell is very grainy and can smell some adjunct, no hop smell.
Taste follows the smell grainy with no hop taste although it could be refreshing on a very hot summer day.
Mouthfeel is very watery.
Overall not sure why I ever drank this but oh well.

homebrewer88, Oct 21, 2011
1.45/5  rDev -21.6%

Hard to believe this is the best selling beer in the US, if not the world. It is an adjunct lover’s idea of heaven. It has that bad A-B adjunct after bite. No redeeming values, whatsoever. Treat yourself instead: Get a 30 pack of PBR.

jackndan, May 15, 2002
1.45/5  rDev -21.6%

Served on-tap at a bowling alley (i know, what could I really expect):

This beer is one of beers that reminds me as to why when I got older I promised myself that I would drink better beer. We got a pitcher, as the others didn't want Bud, which I would have preferred, poured half a cup and proceeded to slow drink the thing all night, as I could barely stomach it. It was pale yellow in color with a huge head, that was gone in 15 seconds or less, it had a faint grainy smell to it, same with the taste, no real flavor to it. Like I said I could only handle half a cup. Stay away.

PhillyStyle, Dec 01, 2008
look: 1.5 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 1 | overall: 1.5

Pours a very pale yellow with minimal head. The beer smells and tastes just like what it is made from-- inferior products. Mainly grains and weak flavoring of alcohol mixed with water The mouthfeel is very heavily carbonated. If a friend offers and this is what they have, I'll be polite and drink it... that's about it.

Neehan, Oct 07, 2006
1.45/5  rDev -21.6%

Drank a couple while fishing with a buddy. He had some hazy white solo cups so I dumped it in there.
Head is decent at first but quickly fades to nothing but a couple bubbles. Nose is nothing but a sour grain and some faint hop spice. Taste is faint and just seems like something poured out of a faucet that hasn't been turned on in about 20yrs. Barely grainy water that has a large amount of carbonation. Finishes with a faint bitterness that makes you just want something else to wash it down.

DrinkingDrake, Jul 21, 2011
look: 1.5 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 1 | overall: 1.5

I've had this many times...many many times growing up and haven't had in a long time so I stopped by the local watering hole out of boredom to write a review of piss beers....now granted I stayed open minded in order to give advocates a fair review.

Served in a pounder glass to wich I asked them not to give me the frosted glass so I could actually taste whatever the beer had to offer. Tiny fizzy head that fades to nothing...I have found that light beers in general have no retention or frothiness. pale yellow hence the word piss refering to this beer throughout.

Smell and taste are exactly the same...Nothing...slight slight hint of grain/wheat.

I was surprised to find out this beer is a 4.2%abv....I give this beer slightly above 1's just because in my book to get a 1 that beer needs to taste like puke,turd,actuall piss or in the ball park...and lets be honest its a bad beer but its not offensive....I can drink this crap all day and hardly get a buzz. Glad I dont deal with this anymore unless forced by circumstance.

DogFood11, Aug 05, 2005
1.45/5  rDev -21.6%

It was straw yellow and very clear/watery. The smell was of cheap beer without character and was a great reflection of its taste. It was very bland and watery and definitely had to hold my breath to get it all down. A great shotgun beer and also good for beer pong but other than that not very drinkable.

Kemmerlin, Jan 15, 2008

Born on 18JUN11

A: pours, um, canola oil yellow? No real indication of carbonation beyond the initial and transient finger of white foam.

S: Smells like my fingers after scratching my nads in the early am.

T: You know, everybody says BMC tastes like watered down beer, and I've yet to have that experience, usually it just tastes like poorly executed beer. This, however, really does nearly taste like filthy water. It's hard to even be offended.

M: Empty.

O: Well, this sucks.

harrymel, Jul 22, 2011
1.45/5  rDev -21.6%

This beer sucks. Sorry, I tried to be objective, but I can't. Somehow, AB sells enough of this crap everyday to float the entire American navy. I don't know how people love this stuff so much. It blows my mind completely every time I see one of my idiot friends pound a dozen of them and seem happy about it. Whatever though, I wouldn't change it if I was AB due to the rediculously high sales, so I guess we don't have much to look forward to with this beer. Don't buy it.

GoalieRon33, Oct 30, 2009
1.45/5  rDev -21.6%

i have a confession...i disrespected beer. i drank this and i knew it wouldn't be good...and i am ashamed. anyway here's my review.

appearance- very pale with a small head that turns into a strange film with carbonation everywhere.

smell- canned corn maybe? it stinks something fierce.

taste- ...canned corn maybe?...with lots of carbonation? yep i think that's it.

mouthfeel- extreme carbonation

drinkability- it's really hard to drink something if it tastes bad and this does.

heath1agnew, Dec 12, 2008
1.45/5  rDev -21.6%

This beer is so nasty. I just decided to come here and write a review for some reason.

Anyway, this and Bud Ice are like the only beers I can't drink. I'll drink OE, St. Ides, Steel Reserve... so I'm not a total snob. And I can drink most mass-produced beers. But not Bud Light, it's just disgusting. I remember one time I was at the beach and we ran out of Bitburgers so my girlfriend and I started drinking Bud Light, but neither of us could finish it. This beer is like, they took Budweiser, which is a sucky-tasting beer, and then added water, so now it's diluted and thus even nastier, because diluted drinks taste nasty. I don't know how anyone can drink this.

Have you ever seen the Bud Light billboards that say, "The difference is drinkability"? Yea, I agree.

Oh wait lemme just say one thing as a disclaimer: I've really never had most of the beers that are supposed to be awful. I haven't had Milwaukee's Best, or Natural Light, or Busch, or any of those. If I'm gonna buy cheap beer, I always go for the high alcohol ones (the "malt liquors"). I have had Miller Lite, Corona Light, and Coors Light and I'd take any of those before this. Coors Light is like alcoholic seltzer. It has no flavor, so it's like whatever. Bud Light, on the other hand, is like carbonated sewer water.

dionisio, Mar 31, 2010
1.45/5  rDev -21.6%
look: 2.5 | smell: 1 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 1.5

I was at a wedding. My options were liquor, shit wine, Bud Light, or Mic Light.

I chose liquor.

But then, as my stomach begged me for something else, I had a moment of weakness. It's really at these weak moments in life that we do our stupidest things, isn't it?

I could care less about A-B, how they make Bud Light, or anything else. Here's what I care about: This tastes like shit. It looks OK to be sure, though there's just something artificially white about that head. But it doesn't smell like anything except perhaps the bath tub after you've just drained it. The flavor is so dull and tongue-numbingly bland that I was thinking, "Ah well, it's not too bad." Then I had a conversation, the beer got warm, and I immediately recoiled in fear and loathing as I took another sip.

Something had crawled into my glass and died.

Or at least, that what it tasted like. Why the hell I didn't switch to the crap wine instead of beer, I'll never know. But I didn't. And so therein lies the inspiration for this review.

marburg, Oct 05, 2003
1.45/5  rDev -21.6%

A- Pours a bright golden yellow color with a thin white head. Not too much lacing either.

S- Smells of grain, corn, and metal. Not really anything good at all.

T- A bit like ceral, grains and corn. That's about it.

M- Light in body and carbonation is pretty high.

D- I guess this one's easy to drink. I just don't enjoy it. Used to be my go to beer, but then I started trying craft beer. Well, the rest is history then.

nrbw23, Jul 11, 2010
1.45/5  rDev -21.6%

Remember that slow kid who always ate paste in kindergarten? Well stop making fun of him, that was me you know. I know what paste tastes like, and Bud Light tastes like paste but at least is far more drinkable.

There's my glowing review for Bud Light: Tastes and feels like paste, goes down 50% easier.

sardonic, Jul 20, 2004
1.45/5  rDev -21.6%

Bud lite...how do I describe you in a constructive manner?

Starting with color...there really is none, light yellow, closer to water.

Taste...similar to the color in that there is no flavor. Water tastes more pleasant.

Aroma...none.

Drinkability....it's always on special "everywhere", but I usually abstain from drinking if that's all there is.

Another example of why you should leave brewing to micro breweries.

dragonclan15, Mar 08, 2011
1.45/5  rDev -21.6%

Figured I'd put this into the database, it's gonna get ugly. Pint.

A: Clear yellow, no head, fizzes like soda and is bubbly. No lacing.

S: Can't really smell anything, grass, grains, corn?, that's about it.

T: Bleh, something you take a few sips then pour on the lawn or down the toilet, watery, light, tastes grassy, rice, corn, but just barely, tastes mostly like nothing.

M: No balance at all, no flavor, too much carbonation

O: Yeah, like everyone here knows, it's pretty bad, there's worse, much worse, but this is pretty close to the bottle of the well. I normally refuse this, just not me.

Mavigo, Dec 28, 2012
1.45/5  rDev -21.6%

So I am sure no one needs to read these reviews anyways but the beer is straw yellow, even more so than regular budweiser. A half finger head forms. The smell is of barely. Taste is bitter, less so than budweiser, which is noticeable immediately and remains long after you have finished the beer. The beer tastes and looks watered down but really its just lack of hop flavoring. Far more watered down than its non-light version.

kylehay2004, Jun 27, 2011
1.45/5  rDev -21.6%

I defy you to drink one of these at room temp. God awful.

Appearance is yellow and fizzy. Smells like something funky. Taste if ice cold - watery with some rice, malt and unidentifable funkiness. Taste if less than ice cold - unidentifiable funkiness. If you have to drink something weak and slammable, please pick something else. There are waterier beers without the assy flavor if Bud Light and there are light beers with slightly more flavor. This is the worst of both worlds.

Ryanbob, Jan 14, 2008