Bud Light - Anheuser-Busch

Anheuser-Busch visit their website
Missouri, United States

Light Lager |  4.20% ABV

Beer added by: BeerAdvocate on 08-22-2001

Sort by:  Recent | Likes | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Bud Light Alström Bros
1.26/5  rDev -31.9%

Had this at a house party and wanted to see if it was any different from a keg. Had to say it was much worse.

A: Pumped into a red plastic cup head forms but goes away in an instant leaving behind a groos looking bubbly trace. Color is darker than poured from a can but I attribute that to the red lining of the cup.

S: I almost gagged when I put this too my nose, it had a disgustingly sweet and sticky aroma, like boiled corn and sugar with strange hints of rotten fruity sweetness dipped in bread, just awful.

T/MF: Taste pretty much like it smelled and was somehow less carbonated and tasted less fresh than from a can, maybe a bad tap job contributed to this but still awful. Taste of creamed corn covered in nutra-sweet and mouthfeel is overly slick and leaves a film all over the tongue, it took a lot of effort to get through this beer.

D: I only give this beer a 1.5 because I imagine the tap line was a bit old and imparted a hex on the beer that made it worse than it should have been, still a terrible experience here.

1.26/5  rDev -31.9%

Served at a party I went to, I went home right after one of these. I should have went home instead of having that one beer. If you hate your friends, serve this.

Poured into a plastic cup, it was so pale and pathetic I could hardly tell it was beer. This pale yellow ghost had a fizzy white head quickly died down to nothing. Took a whiff and smelled stronly of sulfur with a hint of adjunct grains, I've had farts smell better than this brew. Taste was almost nonexistant but still was like the smell there was sulfur and adjunt grains. If you could drink a fart I think it would taste alot like this beer. This beer was too fizzy and overcarbonated, just one made me bloated. Mouthfeel was thin like water but sharp like seltzer water. Are there hops in this beer? Perhaps they added a hop cone or two to the whole kettle but I couldn't detect any hops. Beer is not very drinkable but I was able to finish one, it just wasn't pleasant.

1.26/5  rDev -31.9%

I tasted my friend's bud light, just because I was wondering if it had improved since college (even in college I wouldn't drink it... though I did drink Miller Lite...)

This is not a terrible beer... not like bud light clamato... but it is pretty flavorless and unimpressive. It pours crystal clear, light, and with little head and lacks lace (probably because novice drinkers don't want or appreciate a thick head). The smell is funky, light, and smells like old, stale Pale Ale. The beer tastes like alcoholic perrier... again, not terrible, but nothing to it. There is literally no finish. Possibly as a marketing ploy to keep people drinking it rapidly. I wouldn't say this is the worst beer... but it's pretty bad.

1.26/5  rDev -31.9%

When you have two 500 hp inboards pushing you 75 mph across a lake you don't pour and check the head. Popped in a "Goin South" CD and turned the 2200 amp sound system up to a loud enough level to drown out the 4 4" exhausts and held the can below the wind shield so that it would not vent from the rush of air comming across the 40' cigarette boats long bow.
The beers week aroma and clear lemon pils color are lost here. Its 12 oz of liquid absorbs the icy coldness thru the aluminum can and the Cold and Carbonation are a vehicle for the alcoholic flavored water to rewet my drying mouth. This is what this beer was made for.. . high speed consumption.

Its a fine clear 70° mid Feb. day and we are the only boat on the slick water. We ease into a slip tie up and order a microbrew from the bartender in the Toad Cove restaurant and the Chef quickly prepairs our Gruper Sandwitches. After my microbrew the rest of the bullets stayed on ice until the sun sat on the lake and the boat was back in the Hanger 50 miles from the lake.

Does this describe drinkability?

a 1 rating "awful" really translates here as less than needed to be observable or not present which pretty much describes smell and mouthfeel. Taste is just less than not impressed. I was a 30 can silver bullet boater until I started homebrewing and expanding my style range around November last year. I still have 15 or 20 of my last 30 pack that I use to rinse out my glass ware and give to my neighbor who supplies my untreated deep well water for my homebrews.

1.26/5  rDev -31.9%

My go to college beer... when I didn't know any better.

A - Looks like sparkling cider.

S - Smells like hay and a rusty pipe.

T - Tastes like sparkling apple cider with some metal shavings in it.

M - The same feel as a soft drink.

D - Would rather drink water. If served out of the fridge at a close to freezing temp then I can put one down.

1.26/5  rDev -31.9%

Appeared sudsy and yellow, overcarbonated. Smelled of yeast and corn. Some salt. Tasted mellow of corn with dry grassy notes and light weak hops. Seltzer water mouthfeel.

I felt I should try and review a beer that I used to drink (but don't anymore) and give it an honest review. It's difficult to believe this liquid I'm drinking is actually beer, but alas the label proclaims it as such. I was trying to keep this beer's style in mind when reviewing (light lager) but it doesn't compare to almost any other light lagers I've ever tried. This is painful to drink, though I can see how an inexperienced palate may consider this refreshing and benign enough to enjoy as a session beer.

1.27/5  rDev -31.4%

Served from the can at a tailgate session.

Looks reasonably like a beer, but no smell or feel to speak of, and next to no taste. A reasonable substitute for water. Only offensive in its lack of "beerness"; it doesn't taste unpleasant- it just doesn't taste at all.

1.27/5  rDev -31.4%

This is the beer you drink when you are already drunk as my friend has said. The taste is only unique in that it has absolutely no uniquness. I found this beer a waste of time, money, and brain cells. I suggest buying a Heineken is your looking for cheaper mass produced beer, stay away from this vacuum of taste.

1.27/5  rDev -31.4%

I can't believe I'm wasting my time reviewing this. Free at a wedding I attended. Served in a pilsner glass. Even on draft it was bad. Color is an extremely pale yellow. I think most olive oils have a deeper shade of yellow. Thin white head. Mouthfeel was fizzy and unbelievably thin. Tasted like... well, there was no taste. Hint of crispness in the finish.

I can't stand Budweiser and Bud Light is more of the same garbage with even less redeeming qualities. This is a beer for people who don't like the taste of beer, so they choose something that lacks any and all flavor characteristics. If you're watching calories drink water or certainly find a light beer with some kind of flavor.

1.28/5  rDev -30.8%

This beer is thin, watery, has barely any smell, and I can't even describe the flavor, because this beer makes me literally gag. So I guess you could say the aftertaste of this beer is vomit. I wish I could give it a zero on taste and drinkability. I don't understand how my friends can chug these by the bucket at a bar.

1.28/5  rDev -30.8%

Very pale yellow verging on being colorless; clear, with fizzy white head and lots of carbonation. Slight grainy or corny aroma, that's it. No hint of real malts or any hops. Somehow this stuff tastes worse in a glass than straight out of the can or bottle - sourish grain flavor with no hops or bitterness; watery. Plenty of carbonation of course. No extra points for the Superior Drinkability(TM).

1.28/5  rDev -30.8%

I revisited this at a friends house for lack of options. I did not enjoy myself. The color was basically clear. It was like watered down gingerale. The coca-cola head dissipated immediately. The smell was like corn. The taste was like corn. The mouthfeel was disturbing. And as far as drinkability? None.

1.28/5  rDev -30.8%

Why is this the best selling beer in America??? The easy answer is marketing!!! It's sure not based off of quality or taste.

appearance = very pale and carbonated

smell = not much of one. just typical piss water american macro beer odor

taste = what taste? this tastes like a pint of water with a shot of "beer" in it

mouthfeel = thin and bubbly. not terribly pleasing

drinkability = gross! not only does this beer lack taste and body (even for a light beer), but it's chock full of impurities and preservatives that give me a massive headache.

1.28/5  rDev -30.8%

At a holiday open house hosted by a business client, the only beer choices were this or Budweiser. I chose BL since I didn't want to incur the additional calories that would accompany this assault on my palate.

A-Have no fricken idea. The room was dark and the bartender just handed me the bottle with a holiday napkin that I considered unfolding to conceal the bottle, and my embarrassment. Didn't ask for a glass, because didn't want a harmless and otherwise serviceable accompaniment to my beer enjoyment to also be abused.

S-The only thing evident from the smell was confirmation I was drinking beer. Mostly smelled of day old, wet, cut grass.

T-Taste? This was a liquid assault of my palate. Only regret is I am not allowed to rate it zero.

M-Probably the best attribute. I can imagine this being just barely satisfying if drunk very cold and quickly on a hot afternoon.

D-I would sooner drink pond scum.

1.28/5  rDev -30.8%

Another BBQ beer to review.

Straw colored and clear, lots of rising bubbles, a very airy but small head that didn't last at all and left little lacing.

Smelled of light grains and corn, with just a touch of sweetness. Very little actual smell tho.

There's a sweetness to it, light, along with very faint corn and grains. It's hard to decide if there was any real hops taste, but since I had to struggle so hard to decide, I'll say there wasn't any. Malts were pretty much non-existent as well. Anything else amounting to flavor wasn't there.

Feel wise it's one step off of seltzer water, yet not as refreshing. Leaves a bit of a strange metallic aftertaste that's not very pleasant. I would think you'd get a massive headache from drinking this all day long.

I must assume that massive advertising campaigns, combined with a complete lack of taste buds in the majority of Americans, keeps this beer and others like it selling so well. It's really amongst the worst beers I've ever tried though.

1.28/5  rDev -30.8%

The only bad thing to say about this "beer" is the complete lack of anything to say. Very mild and fizzy, slight vegetal notes, no doubt from the adjuncts used. The only reason to drink this is to get trashed. With that in mind, the least they could do is raise the ABV. Anyway...

Appearance- Crystal clear light golden.

Smell- Watery and vegetal. No discernable hops.

Taste- Bland and watery. Slight malt note but no sweetness at all. Again, no hop presence at all.

Mouthfeel- Much like soda water.

Drinkability- I'd imagine after about 5 or 6 of these things they get pretty drinkable. Hope I never get to that point.

1.28/5  rDev -30.8%

Poured crystal clear light yellowish gold with no foam. Smell was like stale moldy bread, which made me want to put it down. Taste was plain and boring, somewhat pungent, with no hop flavors apparent at all. The aftertaste would not go away. A poor example of a light lager.

1.28/5  rDev -30.8%

Light yellow in color. Smells cheap and without flavor. Taste is terrible. This beer is clearly just a vehicle for alcohol and nothing more. After taste is funky. If you can get past the taste to drink more than one than I guess is drinkable but for most who know what a good beer should be this won't be drinkable. This beer destroys my stomach and the results weren't pretty on the few occasions I have had to drink it as it was my only option.

1.3/5  rDev -29.7%
look: 1.5 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 1.5

Watching "Braveheart" last night. Go to the fridge to grab a beer. There is only one there. A 40 of Bud Light left by my brother in law from New Year's (sigh). Decided to do some tasteing so that I can write a review.

Decanted the 2005 vintage into a pilsner glass. A little forceful pouring and the narrow glass created a foamy, white 2" head that quickly faded to nothing. The appearance does NOT look like urine the way some people have said. No, no, urine has more color. It is a very pale yellow that is perfectly clear with a few bubbles coming up. The color almost reminded me of a Riesling or maybe a paler Chardonnay.

Smell, none.

Taste, You know how gatorade now markets water with a hint of lemon flavor? This is their new product. Water with a hint of beer and carbonated. Very carbonated.

Mouthfeel, carbonated water.

Drinkabilty, If you don't mind the taste, lack of aroma, and general un-beeriness you might could have finished the whole 40. I couldn't.

1.3/5  rDev -29.7%

Ahh, the very popular party beer. Cheap in a keg and the people like to drink it because its the olny beer they have ever had.

Apperance is lite in color with decent bubble action. A lighter yellow color than budweiser of miller.

smell is similar to water a beer, a close mixture.

Taste is just plain bad.a very bland "beer" that leaves a sour taste.

Mouth feel is just very thin, almost thinner than water.

Drink about two and you're in the bathroom. Leaves you bloated and just not a very good beer, all round.

1.3/5  rDev -29.7%

How did it come to this..but here I am reviewing a 24 oz can of Bud Light..and to give it the best chance I have poured it into my Chimay chalice ( that usually makes a beer look .5 better at least).
But not this one..two words for the appearance yellow and urine.
The aroma is even more abysmal than the appearance..some dirty rainwater comes to mind.
taste ..water with a dash of cheap beer.
Mouthfeel thin and horrid..chemical like aftertaste.
This stuff is no good..im sorry its just a bad beer..drink water .

1.3/5  rDev -29.7%

The classic beer my parents drink when I was first growing up. I expected a whole lot from this beer. It seemed like a good beer when I first tried it 10 years, but realize how awful it is. Almost like piss water. After drinking Yuengling, Sam Adams, Leininkugel and a slew of others this beer ranks towards the bottom of the list

Bud Light from Anheuser-Busch