Bud Light - Anheuser-Busch

awful

Anheuser-Busch visit their website
Missouri, United States

Light Lager |  4.20% ABV

(Beer added by: BeerAdvocate on 08-22-2001)
Sort by:  Usefulness | Recent | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Bud Light Alström Bros
1.38/5  rDev -25.4%

This beer was served chilled and in a pint glass.

Appearance: A very fizzy light pale yellow coloration. The head was a thin white coloration. The head quickly resolved.

Smell: The aroma is ever so slightly grainy and nothing else.

Taste: This isnt what this is brewed for. Frankly I get a flash of sweetness and then the carbonation hits my mouth. Very much like drinking a plain club soda.

Mouthfeel/ Drinkability: A carbonated thin and watery beer. I could drink it but why would I. It doesnt taste like anything and doesnt really smell like much of anything. If you like this beer you dont like beer.

nlmartin, Dec 10, 2008
1.38/5  rDev -25.4%

Enjoyed (and I caution to use the word here) on a Saturday afternoon. It was offered to me with no other option.

A: Light to clear yellow, with even a green tinge. Fizzy white head that pours huge & disappears even quicker.

S: Very light. Somewhat grainy.

T: As light American macros go, this one is my least favorite (and in case you're wondering, out of the 3 kings...gun to my head: 1. Miller Light, 2. Coors Light, 10. Bud Light

M: Yup, feels like a watery beer-like substance.

D: Gave this a 2.5 based on the sheer ounces I've had in my lifetime. Gosh dang college...

ILikeGoodCider, Mar 04, 2009
1.38/5  rDev -25.4%

Oh Budlight.. I review you just for fun. Does anyone actually come here for a Bud Light review? I understand it has to be included, I just find it funny so many people have reviewed it. Now I am one of those. I will start by pointing out that the label has a swish of water cascading upwards towards the heavens on it. That says it all. Cheers!

PlinytheFarter, Jan 31, 2012
1.38/5  rDev -25.4%

A-This on ST. Patty's day so it was green so it hid it's bland coloring.

S- It didn't have much of a smell to it at all.

T-It really does not have any flavor. It tastes like soda water that had one little hop put into it, it's not a very exciting beer.

M-it does not finish clean either. It tastes a little rotten at the bottom.

D-it's not my kind of beer.

Bud Light is good if you want to chug and get wasted w/ your friends and save money. But, I'd rather use Pabt's blue Ribbon for that because it's better than Bud Light. Bud Light is really not my favorite beer but man does the Bucsh company have an awesome theme park!

steanu, May 14, 2009
1.38/5  rDev -25.4%

I grabbed this at my wife's boss's house, since it was left over. It should have stayed that way. The body was a clear light gold, with a finger of thin white head that left no lacing on the glass. What smell and taste there was consisted of sweet corn malt. Otherwise, it was bereft of flavor and complexity. Thin and quick to flatten, this was horrible. One of the bottom-dwelling beers I've ever had.

Disgusting.

Gehrig, Mar 13, 2008
1.39/5  rDev -24.9%
look: 1.5 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1.25 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 1.5

Appearance - It has a light yellow hay color to it, with zero head.

Smell - The usual AAL smell, with a bit of a metallic smell to it.

Taste - Still not a fan of the weird AAL taste.

Mouthfeel - Light beer, with too much carbonation.

Overall - Not that great for a light beer.

Captain_Komamura, Dec 28, 2013
look: 1.5 | smell: 1 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 1.5

This was all that was in my friends house and I was thirsty.

A - Pours a watery pale straw color with a nasty fizzy white excuse for a head. Looks like piss water.

S - Straw and metalic aromas, has a slight bitter skunk to it.

T - Just as lousy as the nose and leave a blah aftertaste.

M - Watery and fizzy.

D - Avoid at all cost.

trackstar1043, Jul 03, 2008
look: 1.5 | smell: 1 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 1.5

A: Very pale straw color. Head disappears quickly. Lots of small bubbles throughout the serving.

S: Not much here to distinguish itself with. If anything, a slight metallic scent. That again might be due to expectations.

T: Not terrible. Not even bad. Slight metallic taste. Almost like slightly bitter carbonated water. You can tell it is beer though.

MF: Cold and clean feeling. Good carbonation.

Overall: It is perhaps the best of the three big American light beers. OK for a party with lots of people. Not great as a beer to drink while grilling out.

eye2, Dec 08, 2011
1.4/5  rDev -24.3%

At the golf course from a can into a plastic cup. While not the best rating situation, I did take some time to seriously evaluate this beer.

It pours a transparent whitish yellow color with a thin quickly disappearring head, almost soda like. The aroma is faintly yeasty, there is no real malt aroma, and absolutely no hop aroma. The flavor is a quick watery hint of wheat malt and corn sugar. There is almost no body to this, and thankfully almost no aftertaste. This beer is made for sheer drinkability in terms of volume and not pleasure.

redmosquito, Sep 14, 2004
look: 1.5 | smell: 1 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 1.5

Slightly yellow, clear and way over force carbonated. no real head or smell. Plain and watery tasting. The selzer of beers...

frank4sail, Apr 24, 2002
1.4/5  rDev -24.3%

Forgive me father...for I have sinned.

Dont ask me why I did it. I am not proud, but it was in the fridge. am I sorry...yes. Will I do it again...maybe one day. Did I enjoy it...no.

Flavorless, ugly, hopeless...hate to call it a beer. One step from becoming the leftover mass of a decaying pile of trash collected from a prison. It is easy to drink though...then again so is water.

You may also find this same review in my profile one day if I ever decide to paste it into another great accomplishment of human brewing history...such as coors light, PBR, Natty, Beast and done even get me started on the High Life. If you go out of your way to go to the store...wait on line...spend your hard-earned money...and slowly kill your liver...you mind as well make all of that worth your while.

DrinkSlurm, Oct 08, 2007
1.4/5  rDev -24.3%

If I would have had a few more rounds of craft brew before the fratdaddy in my entourage had ordered a pitcher of Bud-Light, I probably would have neglected to spot the sharp yellow tint and thanked the waitress for a pitcher of water.

A: Fermented piss never quite looked so bleak and golden. Frogs merchandise this beer for a reason: the average U.S. wetland shares a similar color to this beer during the wet seasons of the month.

S: Am I smelling tainted water? I assume that early travelers likely boiled water if it had this scent.

T: Water. Water with a little bread and malt thrown in. Terrible. The worst of all cheap US domestic beers in my humble opinion.

M: Water. Really. Water.

D: Well, I can drink a lot of water and subsequently bud-light, but I'd rather save myself the calories and drink the water.

Enigmaticgesture, Dec 30, 2010
look: 1.5 | smell: 1 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 1.5

Pours a lovely urine color with only the slightest hint of a head. Smells like stale yeast, much like a beer glass that has been left on the counter over night. That, and corn chips. Tastes like carbonated red licorice and corn. Delicious! Mouth feel is thin with a lot of carbonation. I must say, this is a few steps closer to drinkable when it's on tap.

DarkerTheBetter, Dec 09, 2005
look: 1.5 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 1

It was left in my fridge, so why not put a couple words down about it? A little yellow food coliring was added to carbonated water, there you have the body. Maybe my cold hasn't gone away, I can't smell anything. Taste is not much. Very slight grain, NO HOPS, yeast possibly? Mouthfeel is an afterthought. A farce of a beer.

TastyTaste, May 04, 2006
1.4/5  rDev -24.3%

A: Pours clear with a slight yellow straw color to it. Two finger white soapy head that disappeared fast.

S: Nope....hardly noticeable smell of sweetness.

T: Tasted like water soaked with various grains.

M: Light body...medium carb.

O: Power of advertising is evident here. Nobody drinks this for the taste...nobody.

Brunite, Mar 18, 2011
look: 1.5 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 1

Well after not drinking this in years, I was forced to have some recently. I'd rather drink water filtered through my jockstrap.

Appearance - LIGHT pale yellow. Almost like watered down urine. Light white head.

Aroma - Not much aroma to this beer at all.

Taste - Water with a hint of Pilsner. It would be like taking about 1 ounce of pils and adding 7 ounces of water. Didn't really taste like beer.

Mouthfeel - See water reference above

Drinkability - None. Even if this is free, I will never drink it again as there are no redeeming qualities to this beverage.

stegmakk, Mar 23, 2005
1.4/5  rDev -24.3%

A. Grabbed a few cans from a friend's fridge at a party. I didn't bother pouring it into a glass, but there was some in plastic party cups at the beer pong table and it appeared very light.

S. Trademark Anheuser Busch smell. Slight corn, cereal grains.

T. Really bad. Cooked corn broth with a moderate bitterness. Not appealing and worst of all, THEY WEREN"T ICE COLD. OH HEAVENS NO. The inadequecy of this beer is flamboyant.

M. Light carbonated piss water.

D. I had a few, since I was thirsty and they were free. I shut myself off after 3. I just couldn't do it anymore.

Stinkypuss, Jul 27, 2008
look: 1.5 | smell: 1 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 1.5

I would think this is the lowpoint of my beer reviews. The best selling beer in America pours pale and clear with only a wisp of a head forming. The aroma is the standard AB green apple smell, no hops to speak of, no real malt aroma either. The taste is watery, smooth, and no dominant characteristics. I only would drink this if given to me while visiting somebody's home.

brakspear, Jul 02, 2003
1.4/5  rDev -24.3%

What can you say about this beer? It has an extremely pale golden color. It certainly has a sweet smell. The taste is bland with a corn/grain flavor that is not appetizing, especially if it warms up past super cold. Bud Light's best quality is its mouthfeel, being as it is refreshingly crisp from a high carbonation. For me personally, the drinkablity suffers severely due to the flavors. The only way this beer makes sense is to get drunk, but honestly, you could achieve that much more efficiently, both monetarily and expeditiously, with liquor or a stronger, cheaper macro.

ShredVicious, Oct 05, 2007
1.4/5  rDev -24.3%

If you like beer that tastes very watery... hear you go! This is something I would buy if there was nothing else on the shelves. I honestly dont know why millions of people buy this beer. Maybe it't the fact that it does not taste like beer. its more like some kind of oddly flavored soda to me

Mackbekeza, May 27, 2013
1.4/5  rDev -24.3%

I am sure everyone in the entire world has had Bud Light. Every time I go to a bar it is the beer I see most consumers drinking. Okay -- on to the review.
Pours a slight yellowish color with a sickly white head and vast carbonation.
Smells boozy and light.
Tastes of corn and slight barley.
Mouthfeel is very thin as with many mass produced beers.
Drinkable if you are drinking just for the buzz.

TheKingofWichita, Oct 02, 2010
look: 1 | smell: 1.25 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 1.25 | overall: 1.5

jodybrutal, Jul 02, 2014
1.4/5  rDev -24.3%

Oh how the palate has changed. Not that I often drank this but it regularly showed up at many family gatherings as it did this night. Poured a light golden color with a decent head that lasted longer than I expected. Doesn't look bad but the nose really didn't give any hints as to the taste to come ( or maybe it did?) Watered down, bitter, and overall not tasty. I drank it but the first sip made me cringe. Switched to soda until I could get home to some real beer.

cretemixer, Jan 02, 2003
look: 1.5 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 1

absolutely not beer in my opinion. my dad has this in his fridge. no color, odd smell, little taste and i dont like what is there. this is to be chugged when you are hot as hell or thirsty as fuck! and it better be ice cold. when this bilge water warms to even luke warm it is like flat stale lake water.

pass if you can.

suckem up and movem out! (not this stuff)

giblet

giblet, Jul 10, 2007
1.4/5  rDev -24.3%

Pale yellow urine-like color. Quickly fading head that's watery and fizzy. Smell is of soggy cereal, like bad rice krispies. mmmm adjuncts fill the palet. More rice and flavorless filler. Aparently they ran out of hops and malts at the brewery...maybe I should call Anheuser-Busch and tell them... This stuff is just bad to even worse.

chaduvel, Feb 16, 2004