Bud Light - Anheuser-Busch

Anheuser-Busch visit their website
Missouri, United States

Light Lager |  4.20% ABV

Beer added by: BeerAdvocate on 08-22-2001

Sort by:  Recent | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Bud Light Alström Bros
Ratings: 5,248 | Reviews: 1,493
2.3/5  rDev +24.3%

Better than Budweiser, not as good as PBR. This is just your standard American beer.

Great water clone, horrible beer

1.4/5  rDev -24.3%
look: 1 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 1.25 | overall: 1.25

Might sound like an exaggeration, but all I could taste is water and alcohol.

2.5/5  rDev +35.1%
look: 2.5 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 2.5

The ONLY reason I rate this above 2 is because I can drink it all night and not wake up with a headache. That's it.

1.16/5  rDev -37.3%

On tap to a shakey pint.

Look: Crystal clear straw in color. Head? Bwahahahaha! Lacing? Hahahaha! It does have a nice steady carbonation, though.

Smell: Smells exactly like stale water.

Taste: Pale malt. And that's about it.

Feel: Carbonation is fun. Body is non existent. Like the old joke goes, "fucking near water"

Overall: Augustus the first would be sad. Doesn't matter because he is turning over in his grave ever since the hostile take over. Good job InBev!

1.2/5  rDev -35.1%
look: 1 | smell: 1 | taste: 1.25 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 1.25

Not a good beer at all

1.02/5  rDev -44.9%

If there was a 0 option I would have selected that instead of all 1s. However,I did choose 1.25 for the look, because no matter how watered down, it still looks like beer and you have to get something for that. Every other option is 0. This is the most disgusting liquid on the planet. If someone offered to supply me with unlimited Bud Light for my own personal consumption free for my entire life, but the catch was I could drink no other beer... I would absolutely, 110%, no doubt about it... Kick him swiftly in the nut sack. GROSS!!! I'd literally rather have a Keystone, Busch, or Natural, Light piss warm.

Drank for the untappd badge

2.7/5  rDev +45.9%
look: 2.5 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 2.75 | feel: 3 | overall: 2.75

smells bad tastes....yeah it's bud light

2.14/5  rDev +15.7%

Cheap ass tasting beer, that is way over hyped!

3.61/5  rDev +95.1%
look: 3.75 | smell: 2.75 | taste: 4 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.75

Again, rating this beer along other American style Lagers:
Not bad.

Impressively refreshing.
Incredibly light.
Not alot of flavor, but enough for a session beer.
It feels and goes down like water (which it is made to do) but definably does not "taste like water".
The irrational hate comes from it being shoved down our throats (through Ads) our whole life.
All that being said. Its the number one selling beer in the world for a reason. Dont drink this beer if you're wanting to analyze it. Drink it if you just want to drink a refreshing LIGHT beer that you can drink alot of without getting too crazy.

1.39/5  rDev -24.9%

Crisp lager look with that ugly cheap American lager taste.

1.56/5  rDev -15.7%

Smells terrible, taste worse, was at a family graduation party and it's all they had. I'll admit I'm a craft beer snob and proud of it. I very rarely drink regular beer and this beer is one of the reasons why.

4.12/5  rDev +122.7%
look: 4.75 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 4 | overall: 4.25

SWEET BABY JESUS! I believe I have seen heaven after drinking this beer. So fresh and so clean! I can see the rivers of heaven flowing with this delightful nectar from the gods. I'm going to baptize my children in Bud Light. YEE HAW! Can't wait to bring this bad boy to my next beer tasting!

2.5/5  rDev +35.1%
look: 2.5 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 2.5

One two three four five

3.03/5  rDev +63.8%

Pretty bad, but I challenge you to brew a better looking lager.

2.75/5  rDev +48.6%

Not bad , but not great

1.23/5  rDev -33.5%
look: 1.5 | smell: 1 | taste: 1.25 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 1.25

"If a nickel could urinate, it would taste like Bud Light."

Should probably be considered a crime to brew, sell, buy, or drink this beer. About the only pros were that it didn't literally kill me, and that might have been a downside, since it didn't end the suffering in my mouth.

the few words ive typed for this review has already given this beer to much credit. ............................ water

1.06/5  rDev -42.7%

Watery, Just bad overall. Prefer any other beer made over this except bud.

I wouldn't buy anything from ab inbev, it's the least I can somewhat settle for when someone offers me a can at a house party.

Everything that a beer shouldn't be.

1.07/5  rDev -42.2%

A good standard for mediocricy

1.88/5  rDev +1.6%

I do my best to avoid unnecessary criticism. I don't want to be a beer snob. But this isn't a very good beer. In all honesty, maybe it is as good as some other macro lagers. Maybe it is the hype that turns me off. Plus I grew up with all these loyal Bud Light drinkers. People who scoffed at what they deemed to be lesser beers such as Miller Light, Coors Light, etc. Those people are obnoxious. And so are the never ending Bud Light commercials. So in a blind taste test maybe I would rate this beer a little higher. Many times I go back to $$$. If this beer was priced like The Beast Light or even AB/InBev's Busch Light maybe I would rate it higher. But it's not, so I wont.

Bud Light from Anheuser-Busch