2. BeerAdvocate on your phone?! True story. Try the beta now.

Bud Light - Anheuser-Busch

Bud LightBud Light

awful

awful

Anheuser-Busch visit their website
Missouri, United States

Light Lager |  4.20% ABV

(Beer added by: BeerAdvocate on 08-22-2001)
View: Beers (76) |  Events
Ratings: 3,900 | Reviews: 1,259 | Show All Ratings:
beerlover1990

4.94/5  rDev +167%

This is the beer that got me to love beer! Bud Light will always be my number one favorite beer! It's fairly cheap, but, it doesn't taste real cheap to me. It's smooth and refreshing. My number one choice when I want a beer. No, it's not all I drink. I drink many other brands, but, I love my Bud Light!

12-25-2013 06:38:55 | More by beerlover1990
RingoBro

1.5/5  rDev -18.9%
look: 1.5 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 1.5

Oh Bud light. You remind me of being horribly poor and picking up 30 packs of these during college. While this beer will "get the job done," I suggest you don't purchase it. No flavor whatsoever and clearly mass-produced swill.

There's a reason college students drink this beer...

12-12-2013 19:04:33 | More by RingoBro
kris10michele

1.33/5  rDev -28.1%
look: 1 | smell: 1.25 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 1 | overall: 1.25

Bud Light gets a big ol' "meh" from me. This beer is great because it's cheap, a general crowd-pleaser (for some reason), and it's relatively easy to drink because it goes down essentially like water. When I was a kid, I always heard that drinking beer was the equivalent to drinking urine, and in Bud Light's case, I can kinda see where that comes from. The color is light yellow, the flavor is barely there, slightly bitter and a touch rice-y, and the mouthfeel is like carbonated water.

Overall, this beer is great when throwing them down in beer pong...but not in many other circumstances.

12-10-2013 01:22:30 | More by kris10michele
LightEnthusiast

South Dakota

1.13/5  rDev -38.9%

Bud Light is way too popular around here, in fact everyone drinks it and I can't figure out why. Ranchers, farmers, good ole country boys, city folk...just blech. I'd like to teach them a lesson. If friends come over, and we're out of beer, that's what they bring. It's like an automatic decision. I wish they'd get a clue because Bud Light is absolutely disgusting.

I usually opt for a mixed drink instead in those situations. I have to be REALLY trashed to enjoy a Bud Light. This beer is watery, pissy, gross, and tinny. Doesn't matter if it's in a can, tin, bottle (slightly better), or glass. It's still the same cornbread piss fest in a blue and silver package. I avoid this brew at all costs. I would even take a Coors' Light over this crap!

I'm sure you've had Bud Light before, so you probably know what I'm talking about anyways.

12-09-2013 07:55:12 | More by LightEnthusiast
psychonautica

West Virginia

2.65/5  rDev +43.2%

I think we've all drank Budlight before, if you haven't then I don't know where the fuck you're from. It's watery and weak, but isn't all together disgusting. It's beer flavored water. Oh, and for some reason I get the worst hangovers from Budlight. It is also the most commonly drank beer around where I live, which is strange.

12-03-2013 20:49:30 | More by psychonautica
Mittsies

This is the perfect beer. The most masterfully crafted beer lager I've ever had the pleasure of tasting. First of all, the appearance is incredible. The logo on the can has had literally millions of dollars pumped into it, the commercials, billboards, and various advertisements all over the world letting us know that bud light is the master race of alcoholic drinks. It looks like yellow, bubbly water, that's how you know it's crisp and refreshing.

The smell and taste are Incredible. I absolutely love the aroma because it reminds me of the men's changing room at my local gym, and it's a smell that every man enjoys. This basically means Bud Light is the ideal drink for anyone who's manly and loves to work out. The drink is very dry-sweat-forward, with a strong dog-urinated-on-my-new-carpet note -- which are two of my all-time favorite flavors. I don't normally like to mix my beer with other substances, but if you add lime it really helps bring out the beer's unique characteristics.

This is important: make sure you drink Bud Light as cold as possible to really experience the beverage. Besides, nobody likes beer when it starts to get warm and unlock a wider array of flavor, right? You can even put the beer in the freezer to make sure it's extra cold, that's what I recommend personally.

The mouthfeel is almost identical to water. Seeing as I'm someone who loves to go to the gym, I drink a lot of water. I mean who doesn't love water? Just make sure the beer doesn't stay in your mouth for more than a second -- you want to drink it as quickly as possible. Don't ask me why, just trust me on this one.

Overall 10 / 10. Perfect drink.

11-29-2013 14:44:08 | More by Mittsies
fas11030

1.03/5  rDev -44.3%

Probably one of the worst beers I have ever tasted. I don't know how Annheuser-Busch and all the stores that carry this product could distribute this "beer" and be okay with it. Every bottle leaves you feeling sick and unsatisfied. Absolutely terrible. This beer is basically piss.

11-27-2013 23:41:02 | More by fas11030
AZYescas

Arizona

3.25/5  rDev +75.7%
look: 3.5 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3 | overall: 3.5

Bud light was one of the first beers I started drinking about 10 years ago. I never knew what beer was suppose to be like or if this was what all other beers competed against to the public. man was I wrong. I soon discovered other flavors, aromas, and depth in beers that bud light didn't offer. Although I do enjoy darker beers now I got to say bud light still holds a place in my heart. lets be real you can grab a 30pk at times for $16 during a major holiday or sporting event. Even if it doesn't hold up to other beers I'm sure it will be around for a long time to come. family and friends enjoy this pilsner beer and when its around I wont hesitate to grab one. cheers!

11-22-2013 00:42:22 | More by AZYescas
corby112

1.74/5  rDev -5.9%
look: 3.5 | smell: 2.25 | taste: 1.25 | feel: 2 | overall: 1.75

Pours a clear, pale golden straw color with visible carbonation and a one finger, frothy white head that quickly settles into a lasting ring.  Streaks of soapy lacing left behind.

Bland aroma with a subtle crisp hop presence along with grass, straw, pale malt grain and corn.  The adjuncts aren't as offensive as others in the style, light or otherwise.  Still pretty bland/boring.

Light body with a crisp hop presence that is immediately countered by an unpleasant, lingering metallic adjunct character.  Some crisp, grassy hop flavor but it's killed off by hints of metal, corn and rice.  The adjuncts realy overpower what could be a decent tasting light lager.  The pale malts and hops are obliterated by the offensive lingering flavors.

11-13-2013 21:53:58 | More by corby112
brewbattles

1.86/5  rDev +0.5%

We did a blind taste test with this beer against five other light american lagers to objectively determine which one is best. The beers were Coors Light, Bud Light, Miller Light, Natural Light, and Pabst Blue Ribbon. You can check it out here:

11-08-2013 05:38:50 | More by brewbattles
PABSTMASTER

1.1/5  rDev -40.5%

Piss. It tastes like piss. Piss. It tastes like piss.Piss. It tastes like piss. Piss. It tastes like piss.Piss. It tastes like piss. Piss. It tastes like piss.Piss. It tastes like piss. Piss. It tastes like piss.Piss. It tastes like piss. Piss. It tastes like piss.Piss. It tastes like piss. Piss. It tastes like piss.Piss. It tastes like piss. Piss. It tastes like piss.Piss. It tastes like piss. Piss. It tastes like piss.Piss. It tastes like piss. Piss. It tastes like piss.Piss. It tastes like piss. Piss. It tastes like piss.Piss. It tastes like piss. Piss. It tastes like piss.Piss. It tastes like piss. Piss. It tastes like piss.

11-08-2013 00:43:08 | More by PABSTMASTER
dav12cnen

3.05/5  rDev +64.9%

just as the saying goes you get what you pay for , and im not talking about the consumer the big bud has spent little and put little into this beer , no hops taste no barley taste and thats what you get it could be so much more ,but why bother it sells and so lets get to the bottom line . most consumers today are getting a corn product with an abv content.and less sweet than sum of those corn syrup mixes out there ,but little hops and little hopes that this beer will change for the better . thanks mass market cor-piarets for ruining american lager. but that said it will still get u a dui. oh and if this beer aint made from corn well please let me no what GMO it is .thanks

11-07-2013 04:29:13 | More by dav12cnen
GrizzleFist

1.53/5  rDev -17.3%
look: 2 | smell: 1.25 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 1.75

Appearance: Very light, very carbonated

Smell: No smell what so ever besides the metal smell that the can gives off

Taste: Almost no taste really to it, everyone in the world should know what it taste like so I don't feel the need to try to extract a more detailed description of this

Mouthfeel: LIke I'm drinking carbonated metal water

Overall: In terms of beer, its horrible. It's sad that this is what most people think of when you say "Light Beer" or even "Beer". Only reason why I'm giving it a 1.75 instead of anything lower is because it doesn't have a taste that makes you sick, its well carbonated, its cheap and it will eventually get you drunk.

10-21-2013 00:01:54 | More by GrizzleFist
TheSixthRing

1.71/5  rDev -7.6%
look: 2 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 1.25 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 1.5

Beer Review # 666

Appearance - Pours out a clear, watered down looking pale yellow with a white, quarter finger head that fizzes away like soda, leaving a flat, smooth surface.

Smell - Dextrin sweetness, corn and hints of other grain.

Taste - Very little flavor, but what is there is terrible. Corn. Vegetal matter. Slight metallic bittering notes near the finish. Leaves a cardboard-like staleness in the mouth that lingers long after the swallow. The warmer it gets, the more stale it gets, until it's nigh undrinkable.

Mouthfeel - Watery light, with lively carbonation. Smooth, at the very least.

Overall - How do I loathe this beer? I'd take a Regular Bud, Coors, Miller, all the other lights and even most of the Natty products over Bud Light. It's easily the worst of all the beers the macros have to offer. How this beer is the number one selling beer in the US continually eludes me... and yes, I did save this beer for my 666th review. :P

10-13-2013 01:28:24 | More by TheSixthRing
Franziskaner

Missouri

2.76/5  rDev +49.2%
look: 2.5 | smell: 3 | taste: 2.75 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 2.75

Alright. Finally had it after I've started rating. Was hoping to try 100 beers first. Pours with a light white head of foam that gradually dissipates entirely. Crystal clear clarity and a light gold color. Aroma of rice and just a faint bit of buttering hops. Very light and crisp body. Flavor is rice, light malt and very faint bitterings hops.

09-20-2013 17:54:50 | More by Franziskaner
yeastlovehoppiness_greg

Iowa

1.91/5  rDev +3.2%
look: 2.25 | smell: 1.25 | taste: 2 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 2

This isn't a great beer. It is weak and smells bad. It does go down pretty smooth. Not sure if that is because it doesn't have much of a taste or what. It doesn't rock my gut like bud heavy does. Though I prefer Bud heavy this is a decent alternative.

08-21-2013 02:40:36 | More by yeastlovehoppiness_greg
naireland

1.49/5  rDev -19.5%
look: 1.75 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 1.25 | overall: 1.5

Served from a chilled can into a snifter

A: pale piss yellow with slight fix

S: Staunchy and weak, smells of sweet yeast and corn

t: Yeast flavored water with no admirable or desirable taste.

m: cold and slightly carbonated, no detection of alcohol or bitterness

I consider Budlight to be "training beer". It's beer for people who don't really like beer but want to think they do. Ill admit that I spent my teen years being brainwashed into thinking this is what a brew was meant to be. I went on the tour in St. Louis twice, visited the tasting room, pet the Clydesdale, and heard the spiel about premium this, and age old technique that, got the t-shirt, etc. Well for years I have been drinking the stuff out of ignorance and finding that I didnt really care for beer.

I ended up only buying it or drinking it when I had to. Baseball games, Festivals, Casual lunches, etc but never once did I look forward to it or crave it. It was more less an mandated activity among friends. I could end this story by saying Anheuser ruined beer for me but I have have happier story in progress. One fine day I stopped into a bar for a lunch date only this wasn't just any bar, it was a premium beer only bar. Now up until this point I have only had PBR's, Coors, Miller, Bud, what have you and assumed that because they were the most popular that had to be the best. Boy was I stupid and the bartender was quick to point out that Macro brews were banned and that if I wanted a similar taste I could get a good draft beer and pour it into a pitcher of water. On that note I decided to make the rounds and went on a tour of all the finest micro brews that they had to offer. I settled on Morelien OTR as my favorite and to this day I have yet to touch a Bud Light.

I don't wan't to come off as a snob since there is an evident majority that prefers the Market beers but there is also a growing minority of beer lovers who demand a better beverage and I'm so thankful that the craft beer community is exploding and raising the bar. I can only hope that the Macro's take the hint and rejoin the competition.

08-20-2013 20:05:15 | More by naireland
comm0dore

1.49/5  rDev -19.5%
look: 2 | smell: 1.75 | taste: 1.25 | feel: 1.25 | overall: 1.75

Yea, it's Bud Light. It's as shitty as it sounds, but when you really think about it- who needs fancy shit just to get drunk? Not this reviewer. Thumbs up because I'm drunk and loving it. The rest of this post? Just filler to get to the 250 character limit.

08-18-2013 04:08:09 | More by comm0dore
CloudStrife

12oz can poured into a tulip. Born on July 8, 2013.

A: Pours a very pale light yellow. Crystal clear. Some visible carbonation. Head fizzles away after 30 seconds or so.

S: Light malts come across as sort of a stenchy bread. Not very complex just feels off.

T: Goes back like water, not much flavor gets in the way between your lips and your throat. If you're looking to avoid flavor for this is for you. Does a good job at being nondescript.

M: Light body, average carbonation. Certainly the sessionability they tout.

Overall if you havent had it I'm surprised you're on this website.

08-08-2013 00:32:06 | More by CloudStrife
JamesMcCauley93

4.25/5  rDev +129.7%

It really is easy to see why this is the best selling beer in the world. The stuff goes down easier than water, but brings all the feeling of a pleasant buzz. If you're a hop head or someone that only drinks craft, you have no business here, but if you like to spend a few hours enjoying a refreshing beer with your friends bud light does it as well as any other macro light. Also, like most of us I am the proud owner of a decent sized beer gut, a light beer once and while makes me feel like i've made healthy choice. Yes, theres nothing outstanding about bud light, but there is also absolutely nothing wrong with it. Thats what makes it the best selling beer in the world.

08-03-2013 03:06:48 | More by JamesMcCauley93
ReaperJohnnyC

1.71/5  rDev -7.6%
look: 2 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1.75 | feel: 1.75 | overall: 1.75

Nose, almost nothing...busy getting fizz popped up at my nose like a soda, not off to a good start...slight half cooked rice scent.

Color, pale straw, can see straight through it.

Taste, very watery and very fizzy like a bad soda, kills a lot a lot of flavor comprehension...maybe thats the idea. rice flavor after you get through the fizz and on the aftertaste especially...(surprise its almost half rice)

Palate, sits like water...feels a little oily after several.

overall, god awful, poor quality ingredients and its half rice...what is rice doing so heavy in a beer?

07-26-2013 07:46:47 | More by ReaperJohnnyC
Carl_R

Oklahoma

2.03/5  rDev +9.7%

A - straw, light yellow

Smell - not much to the smell

T -not much taste, slight rice taste, crisp when cold

M - light and well carbonated

O - Nothing memorable about the beer, but it will do in a pinch on a hot day. Its best out of a ice cold cooler.

07-20-2013 01:54:41 | More by Carl_R
EdwardFortyHands

Iowa

2.89/5  rDev +56.2%

Pumped the keg once and poured into my red solo cup.

Tons of foamy head, took a bit of nose grease to dissipate.

A golden blonde, clear.

S None to speak of really, a beery smell came through as I swirled it around the red solo cup.

M. Carbonation, water, some alkie bit of hops.

O. had 7-8 of em but my wife drank some of those and others I put down and never remembered to pick up. All in all a good sippin lager.

07-14-2013 17:27:32 | More by EdwardFortyHands
DeFaz

1.7/5  rDev -8.1%
look: 1.25 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1.75 | feel: 2 | overall: 1.75

Everyone has had this, even those who don't remember doing so. It's a beer for those who don't like beer for those who think they like beer. It's a beer for people who don't know what the "appearance" or "smell" is really like because they don't pour it into a cup because it costs too much money to buy a plastic cup.

This goes down easy, and there's no denying that. It has a metallic taste, and the hops and malt are there but are concealed by adjuncts with names that I cannot pronounce. Better than most of the macro light lagers, this is mostly water with a bit of fake beer flavor to make you think you're drinking a beer. If you're someone who advocates for beer pong to be a professional sport, you probably like that. Anyway, again, it's not as bad as some of the light adjunct lagers out there.

Go a half-day without drinking water and your urine will be darker than this, and probably taste a little better too.

07-01-2013 02:55:01 | More by DeFaz
StonedTrippin

Colorado

1.65/5  rDev -10.8%
look: 2.25 | smell: 1.75 | taste: 1.75 | feel: 2 | overall: 1

this is rotten stuff almost every single time, in any format, from any location. ive somehow not reviewed this until now, although ive ranted about it constantly. not just for its low quality, but for its social position and politics, both of which I cannot tolerate at all. I did manage to have this fresh at the brewery though, and must confess that in that context, it is passable, albeit as a light adjunct brew, it didn't have its usual skunky metallic profile. in normal format though, this is swill I wont even usually touch. pee yellow, very fizzy, and tasting like anything but good fresh beer. I marvel at how millions of people consider this the good stuff, and how much profit it generates for its creators. to me, I would rather not drink honestly. the amount of these it would take me to get drunk is sickening, and hopefully I wont embark on that mission anytime soon. aren't they in a lawsuit for having watered this down? watering down water, that's a laugh...

06-18-2013 17:42:47 | More by StonedTrippin