Bud Light - Anheuser-Busch

awful

Anheuser-Busch visit their website
Missouri, United States

Light Lager |  4.20% ABV

(Beer added by: BeerAdvocate on 08-22-2001)
Sort by:  Recent | Likes | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Bud Light Alström Bros
1.23/5  rDev -33.5%

Like stale ice water, flat club soda, too cold, nothing. Room temperature water is preferred. Slightly yellow, no head, a bit malts, Dry, metallic, can get one to swear off beer.This is one of America's most popular selling beers, what an embarrasment.

2.5/5  rDev +35.1%

1.58/5  rDev -14.6%

12 ounce bottle into a pint glass.

A: Pours a very very light clear pale color. Head goes away quickly and overly carbonated look.

S: Nothing really stands out but a dank and leathery smell of beer.

T: Taste like a bad light beer. Hints of some hops but has a soapy palate. No noticeable distinct flavors, fruitiness or herbals. Aftertaste is horrible and will stay with you for way too long.

M&D: Is very carbonated in your mouth. Every time I have to drink one of these I'm hoping that it will be better but just never is. It doesn't feel refreshing and will usually make you feel horrible in the morning if you do drink too much of it.

I do not drink this unless it is the only thing left. It just has never impressed me especially the taste just leaving a horrible taste in my mouth.

1.6/5  rDev -13.5%
look: 2.5 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 2 | overall: 1.5

Pours a clear light yellow with an off-white head that fades to nothing. No lacing on this one. Smell is of grain, corn flakes, and metal. Taste is the same with a corn-like aftertaste that sticks around the palate. This beer has a low level of carbonation with a pretty flat mouthfeel. Overall, this is a pretty horrible beer with no real redeeming qualities.

1.25/5  rDev -32.4%

1.8/5  rDev -2.7%

On tap from the parents' keg.

G: Poured into the ubiquitous Bud Light pint glass.

A: Very pale colored with loads and loads of carbonation. White head that dissipates very quickly. Little lacing.

S: Slightly metallic and grainy. Nothing exceptional here. No hop presence, and any "malt" is simply the adjunct.

T: About the same as the smell, though the mouthfeel is certainly worse than the taste.

M: Very light. The carbonation level of seltzer water. Way, way, way too carbonated. No thank you. Although, the carbonation levels are much better on tap than out of the bottle.

D: This is "drinking game" drinkable. It's not skunky and I won't spit it out, but it lacks any real taste and the mouthfeel is absolutely atrocious.

2.25/5  rDev +21.6%

1.73/5  rDev -6.5%

A: The beer is crystal clear very light yellow in color and has a moderate amount of carbonation. It poured with a finger high bright white head that quickly died down, leaving a thin layer of bubbles on the surface and a thicker collar around the edge of the glass.
S: There are light aromas of rice adjunct malts in the nose.
T: The taste is very similar to the smell and is filled with flavors of rice. No bitterness is perceptible.
M: It feels very light-bodied and also quite watery on the palate with a moderate amount of carbonation.
O: This beer goes down easily but I wouldn’t consider it to be that drinkable unless you have this ice cold. As the beer begins to warm up, the taste doesn’t make this beer that palatable.

1.25/5  rDev -32.4%

2.1/5  rDev +13.5%

Enjoyed last night at a BJCP class tasting. Although the samples were quite small, the analysis and dialogue of the beer was quite thorough. The beer opens with a fizzy pour, quaint head formation, and terse retention. Highly carbonated, even evident to the eye. Aroams are very faint, and pick up on a mostly cereal grain / light pilsner malt character, and a hint of green apples and sulfer. Tastes more grain-flavored and adjunct sweetened than malty. Hops may add a touch of balance, but do little to impart any decernable flavors or aromas to the beer. Basically void of meaninful taste. Texture is quite flat from the lack of malts, but abrasive because of the carbonation (carbonic bite). Finishes clean (but so does water), and with a shap snappy finish. Difficult to praise, or to criticize -- there's just not much there.

1.13/5  rDev -38.9%

Bottle: Poured a very light yellow color lager with small bubbly head with not much retention. Aroma of adjunct and little else. Taste is very light indeed, similar to water with bit of corn in there. Body is so thin it’s unbelievable. Hard to believe but being stuck between the regular Bud and this, I would go with Bud.

1.45/5  rDev -21.6%

So I am sure no one needs to read these reviews anyways but the beer is straw yellow, even more so than regular budweiser. A half finger head forms. The smell is of barely. Taste is bitter, less so than budweiser, which is noticeable immediately and remains long after you have finished the beer. The beer tastes and looks watered down but really its just lack of hop flavoring. Far more watered down than its non-light version.

1.13/5  rDev -38.9%

I haven't had much bad beer in my life; not since I was a teenager anyway. And I'm pretty sure that I've never had a 'light/lite' beer. Nevertheless, I'm fairly certain what this one will deliver. Or fail to deliver. Here goes...

Perfectly clear light straw. The head is pure white and looks cheap, if that's possible. Big bubbles form a fizzy, airy pillow that recedes very quickly (this beer lost its head faster than Louis XVI). Lace? Uh... no. The smell is pretty subdued, but still manages to be unpleasant. Smells like sour grain.

The taste is even worse than I'd imagined. My facial muscles can't help but form a grimace. This stuff is sour and watery in the extreme. Do they actually try to make it taste like this? How is this beer so popular? I'd like to be able to describe the flavor with more detail, but I can't make myself drink any more than a few mouthfuls. The rest is going down the kitchen sink drain.

The only reason this 'beer' doesn't get straight 1.0s is that I can imagine worse, namely the low-carb offerings like Michelob Ultra. I may never have the dis(pleasure) to actually taste and review them though, because I will not be spending my hard-earned money to abuse my palate like that. If someone gives me a bottle... maybe.

My Belgian-made pint glass is none too pleased with me right now for filling it with this vile liquid. And my kitchen sink drain isn't too happy either. The pint glass says that it may forgive me if a Storm King Stout is in its immediate future.

2.05/5  rDev +10.8%

The queen of beers,LOL. Well seriously I have been trying all of these to see what really makes them such great sellers. The only thing I can come up with is that they are cheap, and when cold go down like water. I guess this is for those who are drinking to get drunk. Anyway onward with my thoughts. Pale golden water with a whith fizzy head comes out of the bottle and into the glass. Head fades leaving nothing but the golden water and lots of visible carbonation. Smell was really not tere at all, maybe some slight rice or bread but nothing worth really noting on. The taste was even lighter then its original namesake, which is to be expected. Very light grain and rice flavors, malty with nothing else to add any complexity to it. This truly tastes like I am drinking water. Highly carbonated and served ice cold, I guess it could make a substitution for soda, but its just not something to drink to enjoy. It truly was light on everything.

2.13/5  rDev +15.1%

A: The pour is even lighter than I recall. Clear with an ever so slight yellow tint and lots of CO2 bubbles. The head disappears almost instantly.

S: It smells pretty much like what you would expect: nothing. A slight grainy sweetness, but no skunk or hops or anything else, really.

T: Like the nose, there really isn't much to this beer. There' some sweetness provided by the grains, but otherwise it's very watery and bland.

M: Normally I don't mind the mouthfeel of light and adjunct lagers because they're quite bubbly and I enjoy that part of them. This, however is just so thin and doesn't have that same level of effervescence.

D: It is "drinkable" because it's so water-like, but I really have no desire to drink more of this beer. It's just so bland and flavorless; I would rather take another light lager over this.

1.5/5  rDev -18.9%
look: 1.5 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 1.5

Bought this at my first Devils game. Only got it because I had never tried it before and I thought maybe it'd be worth trying. Totally wasn't worth 7 bucks that's for sure.

Yellow in color, flavor is very minimal, absolutely nothing else to really say about this brew other than it's got a slight sweetness to it which is nice I suppose. I never need to have this beer again.

Bud Light from Anheuser-Busch