Hello, is it beer you're looking for?

Bud Light - Anheuser-Busch

Bud LightBud Light

Anheuser-Busch visit their website
Missouri, United States

Light Lager |  4.20% ABV

Beer added by: BeerAdvocate on 08-22-2001

Sort by:  Recent | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Bud Light Alström Bros
Reviews: 1,359 | Hads: 5,385
1.25/5  rDev -34.9%

Like stale ice water, flat club soda, too cold, nothing. Room temperature water is preferred. Slightly yellow, no head, a bit malts, Dry, metallic, can get one to swear off beer.This is one of America's most popular selling beers, what an embarrasment.

1.61/5  rDev -16.1%
look: 2.5 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 2 | overall: 1.5

Pours a clear light yellow with an off-white head that fades to nothing. No lacing on this one. Smell is of grain, corn flakes, and metal. Taste is the same with a corn-like aftertaste that sticks around the palate. This beer has a low level of carbonation with a pretty flat mouthfeel. Overall, this is a pretty horrible beer with no real redeeming qualities.

1.58/5  rDev -17.7%

12 ounce bottle into a pint glass.

A: Pours a very very light clear pale color. Head goes away quickly and overly carbonated look.

S: Nothing really stands out but a dank and leathery smell of beer.

T: Taste like a bad light beer. Hints of some hops but has a soapy palate. No noticeable distinct flavors, fruitiness or herbals. Aftertaste is horrible and will stay with you for way too long.

M&D: Is very carbonated in your mouth. Every time I have to drink one of these I'm hoping that it will be better but just never is. It doesn't feel refreshing and will usually make you feel horrible in the morning if you do drink too much of it.

I do not drink this unless it is the only thing left. It just has never impressed me especially the taste just leaving a horrible taste in my mouth.

1.5/5  rDev -21.9%

So I am sure no one needs to read these reviews anyways but the beer is straw yellow, even more so than regular budweiser. A half finger head forms. The smell is of barely. Taste is bitter, less so than budweiser, which is noticeable immediately and remains long after you have finished the beer. The beer tastes and looks watered down but really its just lack of hop flavoring. Far more watered down than its non-light version.

1.74/5  rDev -9.4%

A: The beer is crystal clear very light yellow in color and has a moderate amount of carbonation. It poured with a finger high bright white head that quickly died down, leaving a thin layer of bubbles on the surface and a thicker collar around the edge of the glass.
S: There are light aromas of rice adjunct malts in the nose.
T: The taste is very similar to the smell and is filled with flavors of rice. No bitterness is perceptible.
M: It feels very light-bodied and also quite watery on the palate with a moderate amount of carbonation.
O: This beer goes down easily but I wouldn’t consider it to be that drinkable unless you have this ice cold. As the beer begins to warm up, the taste doesn’t make this beer that palatable.

1.66/5  rDev -13.5%
look: 2.25 | smell: 1.75 | taste: 1.75 | feel: 2 | overall: 1

this is rotten stuff almost every single time, in any format, from any location. ive somehow not reviewed this until now, although ive ranted about it constantly. not just for its low quality, but for its social position and politics, both of which I cannot tolerate at all. I did manage to have this fresh at the brewery though, and must confess that in that context, it is passable, albeit as a light adjunct brew, it didn't have its usual skunky metallic profile. in normal format though, this is swill I wont even usually touch. pee yellow, very fizzy, and tasting like anything but good fresh beer. I marvel at how millions of people consider this the good stuff, and how much profit it generates for its creators. to me, I would rather not drink honestly. the amount of these it would take me to get drunk is sickening, and hopefully I wont embark on that mission anytime soon. aren't they in a lawsuit for having watered this down? watering down water, that's a laugh...

1.83/5  rDev -4.7%

On tap from the parents' keg.

G: Poured into the ubiquitous Bud Light pint glass.

A: Very pale colored with loads and loads of carbonation. White head that dissipates very quickly. Little lacing.

S: Slightly metallic and grainy. Nothing exceptional here. No hop presence, and any "malt" is simply the adjunct.

T: About the same as the smell, though the mouthfeel is certainly worse than the taste.

M: Very light. The carbonation level of seltzer water. Way, way, way too carbonated. No thank you. Although, the carbonation levels are much better on tap than out of the bottle.

D: This is "drinking game" drinkable. It's not skunky and I won't spit it out, but it lacks any real taste and the mouthfeel is absolutely atrocious.

1.5/5  rDev -21.9%
look: 1.5 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 1.5

Bought this at my first Devils game. Only got it because I had never tried it before and I thought maybe it'd be worth trying. Totally wasn't worth 7 bucks that's for sure.

Yellow in color, flavor is very minimal, absolutely nothing else to really say about this brew other than it's got a slight sweetness to it which is nice I suppose. I never need to have this beer again.

2.11/5  rDev +9.9%

Enjoyed last night at a BJCP class tasting. Although the samples were quite small, the analysis and dialogue of the beer was quite thorough. The beer opens with a fizzy pour, quaint head formation, and terse retention. Highly carbonated, even evident to the eye. Aroams are very faint, and pick up on a mostly cereal grain / light pilsner malt character, and a hint of green apples and sulfer. Tastes more grain-flavored and adjunct sweetened than malty. Hops may add a touch of balance, but do little to impart any decernable flavors or aromas to the beer. Basically void of meaninful taste. Texture is quite flat from the lack of malts, but abrasive because of the carbonation (carbonic bite). Finishes clean (but so does water), and with a shap snappy finish. Difficult to praise, or to criticize -- there's just not much there.

1.13/5  rDev -41.1%

Bottle: Poured a very light yellow color lager with small bubbly head with not much retention. Aroma of adjunct and little else. Taste is very light indeed, similar to water with bit of corn in there. Body is so thin it’s unbelievable. Hard to believe but being stuck between the regular Bud and this, I would go with Bud.

Appearance - Pale yellow, practically colorless, with a fizzy, soda-like head that disappears almost instantly.

Smell - A bit of husky grain, but it's difficult to pick out anything specific. Nothing going on here.

Taste/mouthfeel - A touch of cereal grain sweetness, no bitterness whatsoever. Not much else to it. Beyond light-bodied; more watery than anything. Excessive carbonation creates a fizzy, club soda-like mouthfeel. This is without a doubt the blandest beer I've tried thus far. I guess that's the point, but it's definitely not my thing. I'll take a pils or helles lager instead.

2.03/5  rDev +5.7%

341ml bottle. At a loud metal concert, I find myself very thirsty, and with the option of paying 3 bucks for a bottle of water, or 5 for this particular beer. So, went my thought pattern, when else will I have a chance (or desire) to review Bud Light? Two birds with one stone, as it were. The bottle is actually quite decent looking, sleek. At least I was able to get a glass to go with it.

This beer pours a crystal clear, very pale golden straw colour, with three fingers of thinly foamy, weakly puffy bone white head, which disappears rather hastily in front of my eyes, leaving little beyond a small spray of specked lace around the glass as it quickly sinks away.

It smells, well, the few times that I've been able to discern an aroma from water, well, that's what this smells like - maybe that water was a little too hard, and should be tested at the same rate - very faint, musty grain is all I'm really getting now. The taste is pretty much thin corn syrup, the water left over after straining rice, and nothing else, hops or otherwise.

The carbonation is quite anemic, the body thin and lightweight, by design, and smooth by the same boardroom paradigm. It finishes generally off-dry, a subtle grainy sweetness messing with an otherwise straight up filtered water experience.

Well, it sure goes down, like, um, you guessed it. I can't fault this for tasting bad, as it really is the picture of flavour neutrality, like too many other widely available products that I will refrain from naming here. What I can't seem to grok is drinking a case of these over an evening's activities - I'd much prefer a few well-made strong drinks, with unadulterated water in between.

1.15/5  rDev -40.1%

I haven't had much bad beer in my life; not since I was a teenager anyway. And I'm pretty sure that I've never had a 'light/lite' beer. Nevertheless, I'm fairly certain what this one will deliver. Or fail to deliver. Here goes...

Perfectly clear light straw. The head is pure white and looks cheap, if that's possible. Big bubbles form a fizzy, airy pillow that recedes very quickly (this beer lost its head faster than Louis XVI). Lace? Uh... no. The smell is pretty subdued, but still manages to be unpleasant. Smells like sour grain.

The taste is even worse than I'd imagined. My facial muscles can't help but form a grimace. This stuff is sour and watery in the extreme. Do they actually try to make it taste like this? How is this beer so popular? I'd like to be able to describe the flavor with more detail, but I can't make myself drink any more than a few mouthfuls. The rest is going down the kitchen sink drain.

The only reason this 'beer' doesn't get straight 1.0s is that I can imagine worse, namely the low-carb offerings like Michelob Ultra. I may never have the dis(pleasure) to actually taste and review them though, because I will not be spending my hard-earned money to abuse my palate like that. If someone gives me a bottle... maybe.

My Belgian-made pint glass is none too pleased with me right now for filling it with this vile liquid. And my kitchen sink drain isn't too happy either. The pint glass says that it may forgive me if a Storm King Stout is in its immediate future.

1.7/5  rDev -11.5%
look: 1.5 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 2 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 1.5

12 oz. can. It is clear yellow color that is highly carbonated. It smells of alcohol and faintly of corn. The taste is very watery. Maybe there is some malt flavor mixed in there too. Mouthfeel is very fizzy. It's only drinkable because it is so light.

2.03/5  rDev +5.7%

The queen of beers,LOL. Well seriously I have been trying all of these to see what really makes them such great sellers. The only thing I can come up with is that they are cheap, and when cold go down like water. I guess this is for those who are drinking to get drunk. Anyway onward with my thoughts. Pale golden water with a whith fizzy head comes out of the bottle and into the glass. Head fades leaving nothing but the golden water and lots of visible carbonation. Smell was really not tere at all, maybe some slight rice or bread but nothing worth really noting on. The taste was even lighter then its original namesake, which is to be expected. Very light grain and rice flavors, malty with nothing else to add any complexity to it. This truly tastes like I am drinking water. Highly carbonated and served ice cold, I guess it could make a substitution for soda, but its just not something to drink to enjoy. It truly was light on everything.

2.12/5  rDev +10.4%

A: The pour is even lighter than I recall. Clear with an ever so slight yellow tint and lots of CO2 bubbles. The head disappears almost instantly.

S: It smells pretty much like what you would expect: nothing. A slight grainy sweetness, but no skunk or hops or anything else, really.

T: Like the nose, there really isn't much to this beer. There' some sweetness provided by the grains, but otherwise it's very watery and bland.

M: Normally I don't mind the mouthfeel of light and adjunct lagers because they're quite bubbly and I enjoy that part of them. This, however is just so thin and doesn't have that same level of effervescence.

D: It is "drinkable" because it's so water-like, but I really have no desire to drink more of this beer. It's just so bland and flavorless; I would rather take another light lager over this.

1.94/5  rDev +1%

Appearance: Pours a clear, yellow body with a high degree of effervescence (like a soda) but no real head to speak of.

Smell: Nothing beyond a small hint of apple with some sweetish corn notes.

Taste: Rather watery straight from the first sip. Sweetish cereal taste with the faintest hint of apple. No real hop flavor or bitterness, though. Sad, watered down corn kernels on the finish.

Mouthfeel: Thin-bodied. Medium-low carbonation.

Drinkability: Is this a joke?

2.71/5  rDev +41.1%

A - Poured with one finger of white head into the appropriate glassware (a shaker pint, of course). The foam settles quickly and leaves no lace. The body is a pale, straw yellow and perfectly clear.

S - Light, grainy sweetness. Otherwise, very clean.

T - Some slightly sweet, husky malt up front... and then nothing else. Finishes clean with a slight graininess and maybe the vague ghost of a hop leaf.

M - Light body, moderately high carbonation, and a slightly dry finish.

D - This is very easy to drink, possibly easier to drink than water. It has a remarkable lack of flavor. Bud heavy has some grainy malt and green apple off flavors, but this is a truly clean beer. This beer is the equivalent of some mad scientist managing to create an actual army of zombies; the sheer wrongness of its existence is abhorrent, but at the same time one can't help but marvel at the technical achievement. And in the end, that is really what this beer is, an empty, soulless, horrifically drinkable, zombie of a beer.

1.99/5  rDev +3.6%

Served in a shaker pint glass at Finn McCool's.

Who doesn't love free table-tappers? If only we won Quizzo more often... Anyway, it was inevitable this would be done, so let's just get down to it. Consider it a preface to Swill Tour 2010 (upcoming...trust me, it shall be painful).

It pours a clear pale straw topped by about a finger or so of white foam. The nose is very weak, comprising some very light wheat, rice, and corn syrup notes. The taste ain't much better, with bad blackened wheat and puffed rice dominating the proceedings, while some mildly sweet corn syrup tries vainly to clean things up a bit. (I'm not sure what I mean by that, but it made sense while I typed it.) The body seems infused with helium, with a moderate carbonation and a rather watery feel. Y'know, I have no idea why light beer was invented. Seriously, this just ain't good at all.

2.81/5  rDev +46.4%

Pours a very clear, yellowish/light straw gold with a white head that drops almost immediately to just a collar. The aroma is quite limited but offers some dull maltiness if you seek it out. The body is light with a very fine carbonation that's gently crisp in the mouth. The flavor is limited as well, but offers a clean combination of gentle malt and mild hop. It finishes exceptionally clean and drying. There's not really much here, but I guess that's the point of light beer. What makes it stand out in its category, however, is that there's absolutely no off-flavor to it and the balance is dead on. Very well made.

2.23/5  rDev +16.1%

This Bud's for somebody else.

Pours a pale yellow in the glass with a big head which quickly dissipates. It really does feel and taste like seltzer water, but maybe that's a plus given the lack of flavor. Barest hint of malt. I can't actually taste any hops. A dry, carbonation flavor, which I guess is what club soda is about.

I haven't done an extensive investigation into this style, so I may be missing some nuances here. Really cheap lagers from Honduras and India seem to have more flavor, so they must have determined that less flavor is what they're after. But it does seem like this is a suggestion of beer, a marketing campaign like the Marlboro Man.

1.64/5  rDev -14.6%

On-tap, served in a large mug glass.

A: The beer is a light straw yellow color, with a thin white head that fades very quickly and leaves very little lace on the glass.

S: The aroma is very faint but contains some light malts and adjuncts with a tiny bit of hops.

T: The taste doesn't have very much to it as you would expect from this type of beer. It's watery with some adjunct sweetness and a very faint touch of hops. There's a very thin malt character. The after-taste is slightly bready.

M: Smooth and a little crisp, light body, medium carbonation, finish is clean.

D: Not flavorful at all, goes down very easily and not filling at all since there's nothing to it, not too filling, very mild kick, it's certainly a light beer but there are definitely other light beers that I would pick first if I had to.

2.15/5  rDev +12%

What more can be said about this? For what it is, which is a social party beer, it does its job certainly. My only gripe with it is that it's basically the same price as micro's yet people still insist on getting this. A 30 pack +tax/deposit will run you like $22! If you want cheap beer you can get Natty Light or Gennesse among others for about half the price and they taste the same!

1.92/5  rDev 0%

Served on draught into a beer glass somewhere in Denver, Colorado. Reviewed from notes. My expectations were actually a bit lower than the beer ended up deserving. Naturally though, that an't much, lads.

A: No head. Shit clear yellow colour. Unappealing.

Sm: Water and barley. Light as all hell.

T: Barley and water. Pathetic and abysmally built. Balanced for what it is, but water is present.

Mf: Smooth, wet, and disgustingly watery.

Dr: As a flavored water, it's easy to drink and is of abysmal qualtiy, but costs quite a bit on tap.

1.66/5  rDev -13.5%

Presentation: 22 oz brown wide mouth bottle, “born on date” on the label for freshness. This sample was pour into a frozen mug to bring it to optimum temperature.

Appearance: Palest yellow that a beer could be you would guess, almost colourless to a point. Exceptional clarity with a faint wispy white lace.

Smell: Very clean aroma, nearly nothing there. Cereal grains and a light whiff of filtered grain reaches the nose.

Taste: Very light bodied, close to bone dry. Thin seltzer like mouth feel. Virtually no hops noticeable to the tongue until the crispness kicks and subsides … bitterness seems to only ride the wave of seltzer like carbonation, but little at that. Malt is extremely thin and scant to the palate. Touch of grain and husk in the flavour but that is about it. Bone dry finish comes to no surprise.

Notes: This beer is for the tasteless beer drinker that thinks there is only ONE beer out there. You may as well drink some seltzer water with alcohol added to it … get the picture, you are not a real beer drinker!

Bud Light from Anheuser-Busch