Bud Light - Anheuser-Busch

awful

Anheuser-Busch visit their website
Missouri, United States

Light Lager |  4.20% ABV

(Beer added by: BeerAdvocate on 08-22-2001)
Sort by:  Recent | Likes | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Bud Light Alström Bros

2.25/5  rDev +21.6%

1.75/5  rDev -5.4%

1.75/5  rDev -5.4%

2.5/5  rDev +35.1%

1.88/5  rDev +1.6%

I really don't like A-B products. This is like alcoholic water. Translucent yellow without the slightest hint of any kind of head. I've had water with more flavor than this. The only reason I rate this beer as high as I do is because it doesn't taste bad. It just doesn't taste at all. I will drink one of these if it is offered by a friend and there isn't anything else besides its peers, but that is the only time. If this isn't free then I'm not drinking it.

2.03/5  rDev +9.7%

First, a necessary caveat: I was offered this for free as part of the motel's promotional program while I was staying. It's not like I had a choice (I was bored).

Pour is a light, light transparent gold with a small white head. No aroma at all, except that a swirl reconstitutes the head with a light corny smell.

Taste is not horrible. *Very* light pale malt, a little corn, a little sweet. No hop flavor at all, moderately refreshing for about half a glass but nearly intolerable if it gets warm to any degree. Overall, a very neutral flavor.

Mouthfeel is very thin, watery, but the tap serving is soft, crisp and fizzy. Perfect for what it is, I guess, but I'll pass.

2.9/5  rDev +56.8%
look: 2.5 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 4

A clear, very pale yellow. Dense 3 finger head that retains very well, leaving little to no lacing. the smell and taste are predictably very water with a faint adjunct presence. Low alcohol, low carbonation , and lack of taste make a very drinkable, but boring beer. Refreshing and light, but so is water.

Appearance- Golden color with a thin, white head. Lots of bubbles.

Smell- None that I really could smell. Maybe some slight earthy smell.

Taste- A little bit of hops and thats it. Very watered down.

Mouthfeel- Very watery and carbonated

Drinkability- Not much taste. I felt like I was drinking water. At least it was free or else I'd feel like I really wasted my money.

1.23/5  rDev -33.5%

Poured from a 12 oz. bottle into a Sam Adams Boston Lager glass.

Appearance: Pours a VERY pale golden color, almost clear. Has a very small, fizzy head that dissipates to practically nothing and leaves no discernible lacing.

Smell: A musty graininess backed by a slight sweetness is really the only smell that comes out here.

Taste: This is one of the few beers that I have to describe as gross. It has a sickening sweetness to it and almost no hop character to speak of. Terrible.

Mouthfeel: Has the feel and consistency of sparkling water.

Drinkability: A thoroughly revolting beer. This beer cuts out all flavor in favor of cutting calories. I can't see myself drinking this again; I would probably drink just about anything else rather than have this again.

1.8/5  rDev -2.7%

Rating a beer like Bud Light is difficult because I know we should rate by style and expectations for the style, but as a person that enjoys the taste of beer, I find it difficult to be objective. When I drink a beer like this, I think to myself this doesn't taste like anything! This beer was very pale yellow with a nice little cap of white foam, perhaps the beer is carbonated differently on-tap compared to in the can/bottle, but this beer had nice head and retention leaving nice layers of lace on the glass. The beer had very little aroma, no hops to speak of and just a bit of corny graininess. The beer is very watery, not much hop bitterness, no malt flavor and there is a little bit of residual sweetness. This is just not what a beer should be. This what you should drink if you are thirsty after mowing the lawn or at a 100F baseball game in the middle of summer.

2.48/5  rDev +34.1%

Poured into a standard pint glass.

A - Clear pale yellow colour with a small bit of head that fizzled away to nothing.

S - Sweet nose. Almost candy-like.

T - Sweet, crystal malts, corn, sugar, and water. If you actually try to assess what you're tasting here, it loses it's charm.

M - Watery light body, harsh carbonation.

D - Love it or hate it, it's Bud Light. It has and always will have it's place. Is it a good beer? Not really. Will I turn one down if offered? No.

2.75/5  rDev +48.6%