Bud Light - Anheuser-Busch

Anheuser-Busch visit their website
Missouri, United States

Light Lager |  4.20% ABV

Beer added by: BeerAdvocate on 08-22-2001

Sort by:  Recent | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Bud Light Alström Bros
Reviews: 1,342 | Hads: 5,275

Purely and simply a mass produced "beer" no quality. Bad taste , extremely filling. Over -carbonated, and low abv. Anheuser Busch can hate on craft beer all it wants but its still picking up craft breweries? I don't get it. Don't drink this unless its free. Please? (265 characters)

1.86/5  rDev -5.6%
look: 2.5 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 3

I had a Bud Light today for the first time in some time and it was a very displeasing experience. I was cooking a batch of chili and wanted something to go along with my meal and this was the only thing in the fridge.

My first thought was that I was drinking water with an aftertaste of some slightly spoiled and mysterious vegetable.

This beer has almost no scent. I almost want to come up with some clever description for the lack of aroma, but it's just not worth it.

Mouthfeel is nothing to speak of, comparable to tap water I suppose.

As for drinkability...well, 20 million frat boys can't be wrong! It certainly goes down easy, as do most of it's kind. It serves no real purpose other than to get you drunk easily and quickly.

I stopped after one and never bothered trying to pair one with my chili. There seemed to be no point. (839 characters)

2.5/5  rDev +26.9%

Bud light a beer of choice when u are at a college party for its drinkablity but to sit around and enjoy, blah. Very light in color, the smell non existant, bud light is a very boring beer. As it goes down your throat the taste reminds me of water. Thats right its like drinking water. A plus one this beer is that it is cheap and very drinkable. It goes down like nothing. But if it was to me I'd take the money I spent one a six pack of this stuff and buy me a single of some real beer. (488 characters)

1.43/5  rDev -27.4%

What can you say about this beer? It has an extremely pale golden color. It certainly has a sweet smell. The taste is bland with a corn/grain flavor that is not appetizing, especially if it warms up past super cold. Bud Light's best quality is its mouthfeel, being as it is refreshingly crisp from a high carbonation. For me personally, the drinkablity suffers severely due to the flavors. The only way this beer makes sense is to get drunk, but honestly, you could achieve that much more efficiently, both monetarily and expeditiously, with liquor or a stronger, cheaper macro. (578 characters)

1.4/5  rDev -28.9%

Bud Light is the Ryan Leaf of brews- the epitome of the epic fail. It's the reason that young Americans are losing interest in beer and that Europeans think we're such jackasses.

Appearance: Yellow and thinly carbonated.

Smell: smell is extremely faint.

Taste: I guess I can see where people are coming from when they say "no taste"- it's undoubtedly weak. On the other hand, I think this stuff tastes awful. It's got a weird saltiness to it like I'm drinking dishwater. Bleh.

Mouthfeel: nothing much to report other than that it is very light bodied and that it makes you want to brush your teeth.

Drinkability: I guess a lot of people might rate this attribute higher because it's so light, but this stuff tastes so bad that I really can't imagine chugging it for a quick thirst-quench, although I guess a lot of people do that.

Bud Light is simultaneously AB's most popular product and one of its worst. Budweiser, on the other hand, is actually not too bad. (968 characters)

3.76/5  rDev +90.9%

First beer i had. Im not gonna say i went straight to craft. I will remember my roots. When sam adams, stone, or sierra are the only beers available i can count on bud light to keep me going. Perfect for any activity without getting to crazy and respecting beer at the same time. Cheers. (287 characters)

I think it is unfair for the lowest available rating to be a 1.0. And dishonest. C'mon, can we at least add a 0.5 option if 0.0 is not usable?

Well, as you know.Terrible beer. Gross flavor. Large quantities availabe everywhere at unbeatable prices! Get some!!! (262 characters)

2.88/5  rDev +46.2%

Well, what can I say. Bud Light is my goto brew after I've had a few.

It pours a slight straw color.
Average looking lager. Some carbonation, and a slight separation that sticks around more so than your other macro lagers.
Very subtle in flavors!!

Its crisp, easy drinking and an 'ok' light beer.
Very light hops, very light malt.
One might even say its a soda water texture.

There's nothing offensive about this brew and I enjoy it ice cold.
It's a session for me and one can likely drink "1 to many" of these. :)

Its an average macro!
Great commercials by the way, but that isn't the reason I drink this particular brand.
Cheers. (641 characters)

1.03/5  rDev -47.7%

The worst beer I've ever had. What is the point of drinking a water-down beer i may ask? Original Budweiser was nasty enough, yet they managed to make it even worse. Every time i watch a bud light ad on TV, i feel the need to puke my guts out. Bad bad beer. Can't help but wonder what is wrong with the fellas buying those 12 or 18 can cases. Must have their taste buds damaged or something. (391 characters)

Let's put it this way:

This beer is the definition of AVOID.

Simply because it is cheap and convenient does not mean you should even consider this beer.

Full of genetically modified organisms (GMO corn).

Enough said.

Love life,
I am a Sea Creature (look it up) (265 characters)

3.25/5  rDev +65%

A great introduction into the world of beer, smooth and easy to drink. The beer you want in a bong. It will not get the love here because the lack of taste, but with out most wouldn't be here. (192 characters)

3.31/5  rDev +68%

I dont see what the problem whit good ol Bud Light is. There are much worse beers in the world than this one. I have been known to at times put down a whole case of these. While it cannot compare with an import, not much American beer can. For what it is worth Bud Light is actually pretty good. Beats the hell out of its cousin Busch Light. (341 characters)

1.88/5  rDev -4.6%

Well, when you can't afford to splash out just a little, or there's not much of a selection. I guess it will just have to do. This has never been, nor will it ever be a first choice for any real beer advocate.

Even in high school I was able to splash out just a little, and gone with something a little better in quality and taste.

Unfortunatly, althought this is one of the best selling beers in the nation, I'm sure most of that has to do with price, and availability as oppose to taste.

Better than Miller high life, and comparable to Coors Light. I would give this a miss, unless your really desperate.

Indy :o) (627 characters)

2.06/5  rDev +4.6%

Like many, I drank a Bud light because it was the only choice at a gathering. There is really nothing to be said for this bland brew -- it completely lacks any presence or complexity. BL tastes faintly beer-like, but definitely not malty or hoppy, although there is a cold well-carbonated crispness. It's sad that BL reflects the quintessential american beer taste. (365 characters)

2.42/5  rDev +22.8%

The number one beer? Not exactly impressive, but it fits the niche- if such a huge market share can be called a niche. Anyone who pours this into a glass is probably missing the point--it wasn't really ever supposed to be consumed as it might be portrayed in commercials, etc. For a party beer, it does the job, although it is a bit expensive, especially when compared with Natty Light, and fighting over the taste difference is a bit pointless, as is looking for a high-quality beer here.

note--is AB really the #1 recycler of aluminum cans? They have to be the #1 producer of littered cans as well : P (608 characters)

1.2/5  rDev -39.1%

22oz bottle, freshness date on the bottle, poured in to a pint glass.

Appearance - Clear...with a tint of yellow. A finger of white head that fades rather quickly. Not much lace to speak of.

Smell - I can't find any thing....a little touch of hops....maybe....

Taste - Like the aroma, there isn't anything there....Can you give a negative for no taste?

Feel - No substance here, just liquid. I cant say it is repulsive so....

Drinkability - Not much point to drinking even one.

Final Thoughts - Had one at a friends house as this is all he drinks....His conversion is in process...For anyone else, just dont bother... (624 characters)

2.35/5  rDev +19.3%

I know it is easy to risk ones "beerness" status when giving a budget beer anything over a 2.0, but honestly I believe the AB got it right with their new commercial campaign. The difference is drinkability and Bud Light has it. Unlike Miller Lite, which needs to be numbingly cold, BL can actually move to the not freezing side and still be pretty good. Everyone needs a good budget beer, for me BL provides that (412 characters)

2.15/5  rDev +9.1%
look: 1.5 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 2 | overall: 2.5

I had a pitcher of this tonight with some pizza. Pretty much the color of piss with a light a bubbly head. To be honest, I think the only reason I actually drink Bud light is because everyone does 5$ pitchers of it and being a cheap college kid thats a pretty good deal. Make sure you have some food (pizza) to wash it down with. I have to agree, calling this a beer could probably be considered a misdemeanor. (410 characters)

1.92/5  rDev -2.5%

Put on my double can holder hat with two straws and go down to NASCAR and drink away. This is the beer you stow away for your redneck company comes to visit. Its often cheaper than water, but water has more flavor than this. I will admit it does work good in the smoker while cooking meat, I use it to soak the woodchips and a pan of it in the smoker to keep the humidity up. Wouldn't waste a good beer to do this. (414 characters)

2.06/5  rDev +4.6%

Generic thats as much as I can say. Nothing huge as what everybody says, its something you can drink like 15 in one night, but just mainly to get your self drunk. Taste is like horrid, smell cant stand it, color like if a dyhdrated donkey pissed in a glass...!!! To top it off they call it the beer of TEXAS please I would rather have a shiner. (344 characters)

2.68/5  rDev +36%
look: 2.25 | smell: 2.25 | taste: 2.75 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 2.75

Let's not beat around the busch here. This beer isn't here to win ribbons or gold medals. It certainly isn't here to turn the hop-heads of beer geeks across the world. It is what it is. It's Bud Light.

A - Well, it's piss yellow, crystal clear, and has plenty of carbonation streaming up to a finger of white head that sticks around long enough for you to maybe say the alphabet, like if you're fast and haven't already had any more than a couple drinks.

S - Just don't smell it. Don't get all sophisticated with this one. Nothing to see here. Move along.
Okay fine I'll tell you what I picked up from accidentally hovering my face over the glass while I was contemplating my existence. Grass. Corn. Rice. That smell that is ingrained in my memory from high school parties and football games. What can I say? It's nostalgic.

T - Have you ever had Perrier? Or maybe just decided to chug a bottle of club soda out of pure boredom? It was kind of like that, only distilled in adjunct grain juice for a while. It sounds bad, but if you're expecting it, then it's tolerable. In the right mindset, you can even quite enjoy it.

M - This is what I actually like about this beer. It's refreshing, crisp, and has plenty of carbonation. Good for a hot day when you don't want to do anything, including thinking about the beer you're drinking. Very light bodied. Reminiscent of water.

O - I'm not saying this is a bad beer. I'm saying this is the beer that I keep on hand in case someone who isn't my friend asks for a brewski while I'm hosting a party. I'm not going to turn one away if it's the only thing available.

My advice? Grab some buds and go somewhere that serves a proper brew. (1,682 characters)

2.35/5  rDev +19.3%
look: 2.5 | smell: 1.75 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 2.75 | overall: 2.5

OK , so bud light what can I say... I wouldnt say it was the WORST beer ive ever had, but it isnt my favorite by any means. Ive certainly had my share on drinking it of course, but the taste is sort of hard to explain for me.... kind of a light/strong-tasteless taste... if that makes sense. its good when its ice cold, dont bother if its warm. (344 characters)

I accidently took a mouthful of this redneck swill during a beer-pong game hosted by a 20 something friend of mine. I quickly reaffirmed my commitment to avoiding this corn water crap. 3.8% redneck corn water. Seriously, it tastes like someone poured the juice off a can of corn into a glass with the smallest bit of grain alcohol. If you respect yourself, and don't have a tramp-stamp, please stay away. #1 selling beer in America; no wonder we are in such trouble. (466 characters)

2.51/5  rDev +27.4%
look: 2 | smell: 2.25 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 3 | overall: 2.75

Okay I grew up on this swill so to me its all kind of an apples and oranges kind of deal when I reflect on my days of pounding this beer exclusively and repentlessly. Because of my history with it and its smoothness/quenchability on a hot day I won't hate on it. Fortunately I've outgrown this American classic but it is comforting to know it's there if need be. Yeah, yeah, yeah, it's watery, gross and tasteless. Perfect situational beer. (440 characters)

2.42/5  rDev +22.8%
look: 3 | smell: 2.25 | taste: 2.25 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 2.75

Pours a straw colored blonde with minimal head. Smell is very bland with the only notable whiff being grains. Tastes more robust than nose (not saying much) and is one of my favorite domestic light beers (not saying a lot). Feels like carbonated water with "light beer" aftertaste. (284 characters)

Bud Light from Anheuser-Busch