Join our email list →

Anheuser-Busch
Missouri, United States | website

Light Lager | 4.20% ABV

Beer added by: BeerAdvocate on 08-22-2001

Sort by:  Recent | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Bud Light Alström Bros
Reviews: 1,386 | Hads: 5,523
1.98/5  rDev +3.1%

There are two different types of people who drink Bud Light. People who don't like it, and people who do. All the reviews on this site seem to be slanted away from the beer, which is understandable considering the beers that the people on this forum seem to enjoy most. Because of that, I based my review on the same principle. With that being said, there is no better, inexpensive, readily accessible beer that I know of that's better than Bud Light. No matter what time it is, what place is open, you can always count on them to have Bud Light ready, waiting, and cold.

A cold beer while you are working on the car, or mowing the grass, something that you are going to slam and drink fast, Bud Light is where you need to be. Sure, there are other beers out there that are about the same price, maybe taste a bit better or whatever, but the point here is that Bud Light is the most prominent beer in this country. And it's not too horrible to boot, given the circumstances I've put above. 9 o'clock at night, not too hungry and you want to have a nice beer with some tv? Perhaps a Bud Light is not the best call. However, if you are out to dinner with your in-laws, completely uncomfortable, and you need beer, fast... Maybe even you are trying to pull an all-dayer and you want to have something that says "beer" in your hand every second of the day... Bud Light wins every-time.

1.53/5  rDev -20.3%
look: 2 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 1.5

Ill start off by saying that before i decided i wanted to widen my horizons in the beer world i drank this all the time which was just a few weeks ago. I have spent alot of money on this beer so if i feel as if i am dogging it its because before this i thought i was drinking a viable beer and am i a weird way a little disappointed.

Poured into a pint glass, looks like watered down mountain dew. Smells of corn malt and water. The taste is just as the smell WATER. I see why this is "light" beer. The mouthfeel isnt really there as compared to a glass of water with a splash of sprite.

As of a week or so ago i can now say i really dislike this beer and i feel as if i have every reason to down this beer in a semi constructive manor because of how great i used to think it was when i was blind to fact that a beer should should have flavors be pleasing, also the fact that i have drank many of these and that being said have spent alot of money on this product.

2.38/5  rDev +24%
look: 2.5 | smell: 2 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 2.5

Pours out a very light lager, lots of carbination and very little head

A light smell of beer present

Taste- Bland but not bitter, well carbonated

Mouthful- Decent Drinkability but not a very prenounced flavor.

First choice for a "Party" lager if I had to choose one.

I do not understand why this beer is so popular...I know its cheap, but you can get better tasting beer that is cheap.

The appearance, smell, and mouthfeel is probably the same for every macro brew light, but the taste of this beer...

I dont know if its the hops, too much salt, or just bitter, but this beer just does not taste good.

One of the few beers that I will flat out turn down.

No redeeming qualities whatsoever. More expensive than drinkable cheap beers macro swill like High Life, OML, and PBR.

Pale yellow and fizzy with no head. Smells like musty, rancid water and tastes about the same. Mouthfeel is fizzy water. Drinkability is non-existent. Some seem to find it easy to drink, but I can't stomach it.

Avoid at all costs.

1.28/5  rDev -33.3%

This beer is thin, watery, has barely any smell, and I can't even describe the flavor, because this beer makes me literally gag. So I guess you could say the aftertaste of this beer is vomit. I wish I could give it a zero on taste and drinkability. I don't understand how my friends can chug these by the bucket at a bar.

2.96/5  rDev +54.2%

Bud Light is a solid choice in its category in my opinion. Nothing about the beer is particularly exceptional. The look is pale yellow, it poors very average with little head, and the taste is very bland and unnoticable. But in each of these categories, it rises above other brands of similar style like Coors Light, Miller, etc. and it seems to have more flavor than it's counterparts.

2.03/5  rDev +5.7%

Had one the other night because that was all that was available. I'd forgotten how watery a beer can be, and yet not be water. Mild and slightly sweet, a beer designed for mass consumption by the masses. When I drink Bud Light, I feel as if my soul has been sacrificed to the Gods of mediocrity.

1.69/5  rDev -12%
look: 2 | smell: 1.75 | taste: 1.75 | feel: 1 | overall: 1.75

Drunk from a Weizen glass.

A: Light, very clear. One finger of head that dissipates to nothing in less than a minute. Little carbonation.

S: Light, somewhat sweet smell of grains, like oats.

T: Nothing special. Large lack of flavor. Almost like someone sweetened sparkling water.

M: Very smooth, coats the mouth, but leaves an almost sour aftertaste.

O: Hell, it tastes watered down and it's 4.2%. Clearly designed for someone trying to throw a few back. Clearly a youth party favorite, but if drunk for appreciation, nothing to write home about or purchase in the first place.

1.03/5  rDev -46.4%

A friend of mine bought a 12-pack of this for $11.99. This was $2 MORE than my 12 of Sam Adams (on sale).
I gave it a generous 1.5 for appearance as it was clear, but was pee yellow with no head. All other categories received a 1, as this is as low as the choices will allow.
It smelled like soap.
It tasted like it had grass in it.

Overall, I had to give it 1 out of 5 swills.

1.88/5  rDev -2.1%

I had to review this one since I'm American and almost if not all American beer drinkers have tasted it. Becuase of this, I can't give it a typical rating. It is by far one of the most average beers I've had. It has a plain yellow color that runs very thin, a head much like a can of coke (goes away much much too quickly), and a taste that leaves a residue on the tongue. OK, I know it's Bud Light but still you can do much better for just a few dollars more.

Where this beer shines is on that midsummer day when it is 99 degrees outside and you have to do yard work. Imagine your shirt drenched in sweat, you've just mowed an acre of grass and the sun is blaring down on you with no remorse. As you rip the sweat stained shirt off your back, you open the fridge and find two choices: a heavy microbrew or a Bud Light. Which one do you pick?

For me, I pick the Bud Light because nothing does the trick on a hot day like an ice cold Bud Light.

1.8/5  rDev -6.3%

I figure I have to review this since I used to drink this before I got turned on to craft.

A: Pours a very pale yellow with a fluffy white head that disapates quickly.

S: Not much there. It smells a bit of corn and maybe rice. It is not offensive, but that is problaby because there is not much there to be offended by.

T: Again, not much there. Watery with more cereal grains with the faintest bit of hop bitterness at the end.

M: Very thin and crisp. As others have said, a dry finish. It is also highly carbonated.

D: You could drink these one after another. But one must ask themselves why have another when ther are so many other beers to try and enjoy?

1.12/5  rDev -41.7%

Bud Light is way too popular around here, in fact everyone drinks it and I can't figure out why. Ranchers, farmers, good ole country boys, city folk...just blech. I'd like to teach them a lesson. If friends come over, and we're out of beer, that's what they bring. It's like an automatic decision. I wish they'd get a clue because Bud Light is absolutely disgusting.

I usually opt for a mixed drink instead in those situations. I have to be REALLY trashed to enjoy a Bud Light. This beer is watery, pissy, gross, and tinny. Doesn't matter if it's in a can, tin, bottle (slightly better), or glass. It's still the same cornbread piss fest in a blue and silver package. I avoid this brew at all costs. I would even take a Coors' Light over this crap!

I'm sure you've had Bud Light before, so you probably know what I'm talking about anyways.

As I poured out the pee colored liquid in to my plastic cup, I knew I was in for something really "special".

Then after one sip of the flavorless liquid, I knew I was someplace that I knew I never wanted to return to again.

I then quickly handed it back to my host and traded it for a glass of ice water which had a much better color, smell and taste.

On a serious note, I rated this one across the board only because that was as low as I could go.

1.83/5  rDev -4.7%

Pours a very pale straw color with a fizzy head that goes down almost immediately. There's not much of a smell except for a bit of the hops. Taste is some adjunct and a hint of hoppy bitterness. The mouthfeel is very watery. As the beer warms up, it takes a skunky aroma and taste. Best if you drink it ice cold, which I guess is why is advertised as such.

3.73/5  rDev +94.3%

This is among my top 3 favorite weekend beers. This beer is very flavorful and quite enjoyable to drink but some enthusiasts would think this beer is overdone with flavor and lacks traditional beer qualities. I would definitely recommend this beer when you want to go out an have fun or even if you are just chilling at home. The can however could use some work. The logo is simple and i like that but they can do a lot more to improve the appearance of the can.

1.12/5  rDev -41.7%

I may be the farthest thing from a beer snob. You can find any number of "working man's" beers in my fridge, alongside a very limited selection of micro brews (or I guess they're calling them "craft brews" these days). I'll take a Pabst any day of the week and would never turn down an opportunity to try a beer, irrespective of it's label and manufacturer.

That being said, I simply can't think of one redeeming value of Bud Light. It's just terrible. Beyond terrible. It's the only beer I can think of (except of a horrendous experience with micro brew "Bent Paddle") that would leave me asking for a glass of water if that was the only beer on hand.

Excessively bubbly, devoid of taste, and a lingering chemical feeling in one's mouth just doesn't do it for me. If cost is your motivator, there's plenty of cheaper beers on the market that exceed in taste and quality. Start with pretty much any beer on this website, including a watery Blatz; it will be a step upwards!

1.46/5  rDev -24%

Lets see here.... The appearance looks like urine. It also smells like urine. Taste is comparable to ball sweat. Mouthfeel is watery and thin. Overall terrible lager. However it doesnt taste as bad in a can. In the can its actually rather sweet and i would describe it as malty.

1.21/5  rDev -37%

Cant stand how people view this as "americas" beer, tastes downright gross but then again when you need to drink something cold and cheap on a hot day, some may find nothing better.

1.58/5  rDev -17.7%

Had drunk this beer while in a frat party

Appearance: pale watery color, no head what so ever
Smell: weird Skunky smell
Taste: Watery, crappy.
Drinkability: None what so ever
Overall a very poorly made beer that its sole purpose is to get wasted cheaply. If you are serious about beer, avoid it at all cost!!

2.4/5  rDev +25%

Should add that serving type was shot gunning at the football game. Come on - its much better than Natty Light, haha.

Taste: minimal

But on a side note - I always have in frig for my non "beer" friends. I love good beer - some people just don't.

this beer is the definition of trash. watered down and disgusting. this is for the cliche average drinker who drinks just to get drunk. If your into craft brews this must be left behind. this is the burger king of brews. garbage. i cannot believe so many people i know drink this religiously, i guess it attest to the power of marketing and the average beer drinkers intentions (i.e. getting drunk, not having a tasty well crafted brew).

1.58/5  rDev -17.7%

smells and tastes like a combination of alkaseltzer, pennies, seaweed and lake water. truly terrible. perfect beer for a) poor people; b) young people; c) people who don't know better; d) big parties or some combination thereof. with that said, the fact that this shit is the best selling beer in the world does not speak to quality but rather illustrates that bud light is the fast food of beers.

2.25/5  rDev +17.2%

Far from the best tasting beer, I feel guilty admitting that this beer has a special place in my heart when I have to play a concert - I can drink a few without getting truly drunk, just perpetually buzzed. Obviously not the brew of choice for beer snobs...

1.75/5  rDev -8.9%

This was introduced to my hometown as a breaking imported beer that came to own the rest.

I have never thought that it's so great, but nor I think that it's so awful, it's a good choice to drink on a weekend night while watching something with your friends or family, specially because here it usually have discounts, such as 24 beers for 8 USD.

Bud Light from Anheuser-Busch