Bud Light - Anheuser-Busch

Anheuser-Busch visit their website
Missouri, United States

Light Lager |  4.20% ABV

Beer added by: BeerAdvocate on 08-22-2001

Sort by:  Recent | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Bud Light Alström Bros
Reviews: 1,368 | Hads: 5,440
1.12/5  rDev -41.7%

I may be the farthest thing from a beer snob. You can find any number of "working man's" beers in my fridge, alongside a very limited selection of micro brews (or I guess they're calling them "craft brews" these days). I'll take a Pabst any day of the week and would never turn down an opportunity to try a beer, irrespective of it's label and manufacturer.

That being said, I simply can't think of one redeeming value of Bud Light. It's just terrible. Beyond terrible. It's the only beer I can think of (except of a horrendous experience with micro brew "Bent Paddle") that would leave me asking for a glass of water if that was the only beer on hand.

Excessively bubbly, devoid of taste, and a lingering chemical feeling in one's mouth just doesn't do it for me. If cost is your motivator, there's plenty of cheaper beers on the market that exceed in taste and quality. Start with pretty much any beer on this website, including a watery Blatz; it will be a step upwards!

1.46/5  rDev -24%

Lets see here.... The appearance looks like urine. It also smells like urine. Taste is comparable to ball sweat. Mouthfeel is watery and thin. Overall terrible lager. However it doesnt taste as bad in a can. In the can its actually rather sweet and i would describe it as malty.

1.21/5  rDev -37%

Cant stand how people view this as "americas" beer, tastes downright gross but then again when you need to drink something cold and cheap on a hot day, some may find nothing better.

1.58/5  rDev -17.7%

Had drunk this beer while in a frat party

Appearance: pale watery color, no head what so ever
Smell: weird Skunky smell
Taste: Watery, crappy.
Drinkability: None what so ever
Overall a very poorly made beer that its sole purpose is to get wasted cheaply. If you are serious about beer, avoid it at all cost!!

2.4/5  rDev +25%

Should add that serving type was shot gunning at the football game. Come on - its much better than Natty Light, haha.

Taste: minimal

But on a side note - I always have in frig for my non "beer" friends. I love good beer - some people just don't.

this beer is the definition of trash. watered down and disgusting. this is for the cliche average drinker who drinks just to get drunk. If your into craft brews this must be left behind. this is the burger king of brews. garbage. i cannot believe so many people i know drink this religiously, i guess it attest to the power of marketing and the average beer drinkers intentions (i.e. getting drunk, not having a tasty well crafted brew).

1.58/5  rDev -17.7%

smells and tastes like a combination of alkaseltzer, pennies, seaweed and lake water. truly terrible. perfect beer for a) poor people; b) young people; c) people who don't know better; d) big parties or some combination thereof. with that said, the fact that this shit is the best selling beer in the world does not speak to quality but rather illustrates that bud light is the fast food of beers.

2.25/5  rDev +17.2%

Far from the best tasting beer, I feel guilty admitting that this beer has a special place in my heart when I have to play a concert - I can drink a few without getting truly drunk, just perpetually buzzed. Obviously not the brew of choice for beer snobs...

Purely and simply a mass produced "beer" no quality. Bad taste , extremely filling. Over -carbonated, and low abv. Anheuser Busch can hate on craft beer all it wants but its still picking up craft breweries? I don't get it. Don't drink this unless its free. Please?

1.75/5  rDev -8.9%

This was introduced to my hometown as a breaking imported beer that came to own the rest.

I have never thought that it's so great, but nor I think that it's so awful, it's a good choice to drink on a weekend night while watching something with your friends or family, specially because here it usually have discounts, such as 24 beers for 8 USD.

1.38/5  rDev -28.1%

I once pissed a mixture of Gatorade, Milk and Bud Light. I bottled the urine stream into an old Bud Light bottle and served an unexpecting ex-girlfriend. She couldn't tell the difference. I think she even got a lil krunk from it.

1.68/5  rDev -12.5%

This used to be one of my favorite beers (sadly enough)...

Now that I've seen the light and know what real beer tastes like, I can say that I honestly dont know why anyone would choose to drink this.

Appearance is very pale yellowish gold with a tiny head that lasts long enough for the bartender to give it to you.

Aftertaste is what kills this beer for sure.... stale and bitter undertones that just get worse after the beer has had a chance to warm a little...but thats what I assume any beer made from rice is going to taste like.

No body whatsoever, mouthfeel is very thin and watered down... drinks a lot like water, however you can only hope to have it taste that good.

This beer is a straight "1," in the sense that I would not consider anything worse than this to be safe for human consumption. I've heard that there are beers worse than Bud Light, but I will not drink them even for the sake of completeness. On to the review:

A: An unpleasant yellow color, with virtually no head.

S: Absent, except for a hint of alcohol.

T: Godawful. What little flavor it does have is terrible, and it actually made me slightly nauseous.

M: Might as well be water.

D: 1/3 of a bottle made me feel somewhat nauseos. I would say that this beer can't really be drunk at all.

I really try not to just pan beers, but there is nothing positive I can say about this brew. Avoid it. If you need to drink something, get some water.

Diet beer tastes like diet beer. Lack of color to match the lack of taste. It does have alot of carbonation combined with the lack of flavor combine well on a hot day to be a better alternative to selzer wtaer to quench your thirst. Not a good beer, but not totally bad either.

look: 1.5 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 2 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 2.5

Appearence: Extremely pale yellow. The head dissipated very quickly and left virtually no lacing at all.

Smell: Almost no smell whatsoever. Can't even detect the aroma of hops.

Taste: Beer flavored water for lack of a better way of describing it. Almost no hops or malt taste detectable.

Feel: No real substance that you would expect from a good beer.

Drinkability: I don't enjoy drinking it by any means. It goes down easy but I don't see that as an accomplishment.

Notes: A lot of people concede that this is not a good beer but continue to drink it because it's relatively cheap. Just pay
the extra few bucks and actually get a respectable beer.

4.2/5  rDev +118.8%

12 oz can poured into a pint glass.

Aroma: faint green apple, low hop aroma. Mild sweetness from the corn.

Appearance: very pale straw color and very clear. White frothy head that doesn't last.

Flavor: very crisp and refreshing. Low hop and malt flavors but are balanced.

Mouthfeel: light body and highly carbonated.

Overall, a very light, crisp and refreshing beer. It adheres to all the guidelines of what a Lite American Lager should be. It's a very drinkable beer. Personally, not always in the mood for it but great for when I want something really light. But then again i'm not always in the mood for an Imperial stout either...

2.58/5  rDev +34.4%

My default beer out of trash beers as I call them. It is like water.
Taste is better than other chaeap bers. I have aquired the ability to find a taste over the other cheapos.
It is at every party reguardless, so i call it dependable.
Cheap if you want to have a cheap night or do a beer bust.

2.2/5  rDev +14.6%
look: 1.5 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 2.5

Bud Light what can I say this is a beer i have enjoyed many of times.
A. had a 12 ounce can poured into a pint glass.
color is very dull and clear a slight golden

S. not much here in the way of smell.

T. watered down taste maybe a hint of cereal.

M. slight carbonation but very easy to drink

O. Bud light is what it is a great beer to grab
a case and head to the lake.

1.7/5  rDev -11.5%

Typical American adjacent lager. Light smooth flavorless and not worth a full review. Decent for a camp fire or bbq if you in to watching your calorie intake.

1.05/5  rDev -45.3%

One day a man was taking a leisurely stroll down a cobblestone road with the wind blowing south to north and the temperature was about 68 degrees Fahrenheit. The man curiously looked at his shoes and thought "I need new shoes".

This short story is better than this beer.

I used to go to a now defunct pizza joint in Greenville, n.c., they had this on tap, warm for $1/pitcher. No flavor, no nothing. I am no aficionado, but this is the beer of college students and people who hate their kidneys. Avoid at all costs, please.

2.2/5  rDev +14.6%

This is what you get when you pee in miller lite. A somehow more disappointing beer. At least the extreme carbonation is a little less harsh, but otherwise... there's just nothing here. It's like alcoholic water. It's... just... sooo.... blah. I really don't understand the extreme fanaticism of the fans of this beer.

1.6/5  rDev -16.7%

This is a simple review, this beer pours pour yellow, smells like nothing and tastes like nothing a sad beer and only reaffirms that the big 3 only care about making money and nothing else. When this beer hit the palate if tasted like corn and something like hops. This is a good beer to get drunk on, but that is it's only benefit

2.05/5  rDev +6.8%

The only thing worse than this is Miller Light. It wasn't until 18 months ago that I finally discovered what real beer is. On that day I realized how disgusting the BMC I was drinking had become. All politics aside (which is the real reason I hate BMC) Bud light is one of the few that I'll actually admit to drinking. If you find me drinking it however, you'll also find that I'm fresh out of real beer.

1.52/5  rDev -20.8%
look: 2 | smell: 1.25 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 1.75

Appearance: Very light, very carbonated

Smell: No smell what so ever besides the metal smell that the can gives off

Taste: Almost no taste really to it, everyone in the world should know what it taste like so I don't feel the need to try to extract a more detailed description of this

Mouthfeel: LIke I'm drinking carbonated metal water

Overall: In terms of beer, its horrible. It's sad that this is what most people think of when you say "Light Beer" or even "Beer". Only reason why I'm giving it a 1.75 instead of anything lower is because it doesn't have a taste that makes you sick, its well carbonated, its cheap and it will eventually get you drunk.

Bud Light from Anheuser-Busch