Bud Light - Anheuser-Busch

Anheuser-Busch visit their website
Missouri, United States

Light Lager |  4.20% ABV

Beer added by: BeerAdvocate on 08-22-2001

Sort by:  Recent | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Bud Light Alström Bros
Reviews: 1,353 | Hads: 5,330
4.2/5  rDev +113.2%

12 oz can poured into a pint glass.

Aroma: faint green apple, low hop aroma. Mild sweetness from the corn.

Appearance: very pale straw color and very clear. White frothy head that doesn't last.

Flavor: very crisp and refreshing. Low hop and malt flavors but are balanced.

Mouthfeel: light body and highly carbonated.

Overall, a very light, crisp and refreshing beer. It adheres to all the guidelines of what a Lite American Lager should be. It's a very drinkable beer. Personally, not always in the mood for it but great for when I want something really light. But then again i'm not always in the mood for an Imperial stout either... (639 characters)

2.58/5  rDev +31%

My default beer out of trash beers as I call them. It is like water.
Taste is better than other chaeap bers. I have aquired the ability to find a taste over the other cheapos.
It is at every party reguardless, so i call it dependable.
Cheap if you want to have a cheap night or do a beer bust. (293 characters)

2.2/5  rDev +11.7%
look: 1.5 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 2.5

Bud Light what can I say this is a beer i have enjoyed many of times.
A. had a 12 ounce can poured into a pint glass.
color is very dull and clear a slight golden
color.

S. not much here in the way of smell.

T. watered down taste maybe a hint of cereal.

M. slight carbonation but very easy to drink

O. Bud light is what it is a great beer to grab
a case and head to the lake. (385 characters)

1.7/5  rDev -13.7%

Typical American adjacent lager. Light smooth flavorless and not worth a full review. Decent for a camp fire or bbq if you in to watching your calorie intake. (158 characters)

1.05/5  rDev -46.7%

One day a man was taking a leisurely stroll down a cobblestone road with the wind blowing south to north and the temperature was about 68 degrees Fahrenheit. The man curiously looked at his shoes and thought "I need new shoes".

This short story is better than this beer. (272 characters)

I used to go to a now defunct pizza joint in Greenville, n.c., they had this on tap, warm for $1/pitcher. No flavor, no nothing. I am no aficionado, but this is the beer of college students and people who hate their kidneys. Avoid at all costs, please. (252 characters)

2.2/5  rDev +11.7%

This is what you get when you pee in miller lite. A somehow more disappointing beer. At least the extreme carbonation is a little less harsh, but otherwise... there's just nothing here. It's like alcoholic water. It's... just... sooo.... blah. I really don't understand the extreme fanaticism of the fans of this beer. (318 characters)

1.6/5  rDev -18.8%

This is a simple review, this beer pours pour yellow, smells like nothing and tastes like nothing a sad beer and only reaffirms that the big 3 only care about making money and nothing else. When this beer hit the palate if tasted like corn and something like hops. This is a good beer to get drunk on, but that is it's only benefit (331 characters)

2.05/5  rDev +4.1%

The only thing worse than this is Miller Light. It wasn't until 18 months ago that I finally discovered what real beer is. On that day I realized how disgusting the BMC I was drinking had become. All politics aside (which is the real reason I hate BMC) Bud light is one of the few that I'll actually admit to drinking. If you find me drinking it however, you'll also find that I'm fresh out of real beer. (404 characters)

1.52/5  rDev -22.8%
look: 2 | smell: 1.25 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 1.75

Appearance: Very light, very carbonated

Smell: No smell what so ever besides the metal smell that the can gives off

Taste: Almost no taste really to it, everyone in the world should know what it taste like so I don't feel the need to try to extract a more detailed description of this

Mouthfeel: LIke I'm drinking carbonated metal water

Overall: In terms of beer, its horrible. It's sad that this is what most people think of when you say "Light Beer" or even "Beer". Only reason why I'm giving it a 1.75 instead of anything lower is because it doesn't have a taste that makes you sick, its well carbonated, its cheap and it will eventually get you drunk. (659 characters)

Purely and simply a mass produced "beer" no quality. Bad taste , extremely filling. Over -carbonated, and low abv. Anheuser Busch can hate on craft beer all it wants but its still picking up craft breweries? I don't get it. Don't drink this unless its free. Please? (265 characters)

1.86/5  rDev -5.6%
look: 2.5 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 3

I had a Bud Light today for the first time in some time and it was a very displeasing experience. I was cooking a batch of chili and wanted something to go along with my meal and this was the only thing in the fridge.

My first thought was that I was drinking water with an aftertaste of some slightly spoiled and mysterious vegetable.

This beer has almost no scent. I almost want to come up with some clever description for the lack of aroma, but it's just not worth it.

Mouthfeel is nothing to speak of, comparable to tap water I suppose.

As for drinkability...well, 20 million frat boys can't be wrong! It certainly goes down easy, as do most of it's kind. It serves no real purpose other than to get you drunk easily and quickly.

I stopped after one and never bothered trying to pair one with my chili. There seemed to be no point. (839 characters)

2.5/5  rDev +26.9%

Bud light a beer of choice when u are at a college party for its drinkablity but to sit around and enjoy, blah. Very light in color, the smell non existant, bud light is a very boring beer. As it goes down your throat the taste reminds me of water. Thats right its like drinking water. A plus one this beer is that it is cheap and very drinkable. It goes down like nothing. But if it was to me I'd take the money I spent one a six pack of this stuff and buy me a single of some real beer. (488 characters)

1.43/5  rDev -27.4%

What can you say about this beer? It has an extremely pale golden color. It certainly has a sweet smell. The taste is bland with a corn/grain flavor that is not appetizing, especially if it warms up past super cold. Bud Light's best quality is its mouthfeel, being as it is refreshingly crisp from a high carbonation. For me personally, the drinkablity suffers severely due to the flavors. The only way this beer makes sense is to get drunk, but honestly, you could achieve that much more efficiently, both monetarily and expeditiously, with liquor or a stronger, cheaper macro. (578 characters)

1.4/5  rDev -28.9%

Bud Light is the Ryan Leaf of brews- the epitome of the epic fail. It's the reason that young Americans are losing interest in beer and that Europeans think we're such jackasses.

Appearance: Yellow and thinly carbonated.

Smell: smell is extremely faint.

Taste: I guess I can see where people are coming from when they say "no taste"- it's undoubtedly weak. On the other hand, I think this stuff tastes awful. It's got a weird saltiness to it like I'm drinking dishwater. Bleh.

Mouthfeel: nothing much to report other than that it is very light bodied and that it makes you want to brush your teeth.

Drinkability: I guess a lot of people might rate this attribute higher because it's so light, but this stuff tastes so bad that I really can't imagine chugging it for a quick thirst-quench, although I guess a lot of people do that.

Bud Light is simultaneously AB's most popular product and one of its worst. Budweiser, on the other hand, is actually not too bad. (968 characters)

3.76/5  rDev +90.9%

First beer i had. Im not gonna say i went straight to craft. I will remember my roots. When sam adams, stone, or sierra are the only beers available i can count on bud light to keep me going. Perfect for any activity without getting to crazy and respecting beer at the same time. Cheers. (287 characters)

I think it is unfair for the lowest available rating to be a 1.0. And dishonest. C'mon, can we at least add a 0.5 option if 0.0 is not usable?

Well, as you know.Terrible beer. Gross flavor. Large quantities availabe everywhere at unbeatable prices! Get some!!! (262 characters)

2.88/5  rDev +46.2%

Well, what can I say. Bud Light is my goto brew after I've had a few.

It pours a slight straw color.
Average looking lager. Some carbonation, and a slight separation that sticks around more so than your other macro lagers.
Very subtle in flavors!!

Its crisp, easy drinking and an 'ok' light beer.
Very light hops, very light malt.
One might even say its a soda water texture.

There's nothing offensive about this brew and I enjoy it ice cold.
It's a session for me and one can likely drink "1 to many" of these. :)

Its an average macro!
Great commercials by the way, but that isn't the reason I drink this particular brand.
Cheers. (641 characters)

1.03/5  rDev -47.7%

The worst beer I've ever had. What is the point of drinking a water-down beer i may ask? Original Budweiser was nasty enough, yet they managed to make it even worse. Every time i watch a bud light ad on TV, i feel the need to puke my guts out. Bad bad beer. Can't help but wonder what is wrong with the fellas buying those 12 or 18 can cases. Must have their taste buds damaged or something. (391 characters)

Let's put it this way:

This beer is the definition of AVOID.

Simply because it is cheap and convenient does not mean you should even consider this beer.

Full of genetically modified organisms (GMO corn).

Enough said.

Love life,
I am a Sea Creature (look it up) (265 characters)

3.25/5  rDev +65%

A great introduction into the world of beer, smooth and easy to drink. The beer you want in a bong. It will not get the love here because the lack of taste, but with out most wouldn't be here. (192 characters)

3.31/5  rDev +68%

I dont see what the problem whit good ol Bud Light is. There are much worse beers in the world than this one. I have been known to at times put down a whole case of these. While it cannot compare with an import, not much American beer can. For what it is worth Bud Light is actually pretty good. Beats the hell out of its cousin Busch Light. (341 characters)

1.88/5  rDev -4.6%

Well, when you can't afford to splash out just a little, or there's not much of a selection. I guess it will just have to do. This has never been, nor will it ever be a first choice for any real beer advocate.

Even in high school I was able to splash out just a little, and gone with something a little better in quality and taste.

Unfortunatly, althought this is one of the best selling beers in the nation, I'm sure most of that has to do with price, and availability as oppose to taste.

Better than Miller high life, and comparable to Coors Light. I would give this a miss, unless your really desperate.

Indy :o) (627 characters)

2.06/5  rDev +4.6%

Like many, I drank a Bud light because it was the only choice at a gathering. There is really nothing to be said for this bland brew -- it completely lacks any presence or complexity. BL tastes faintly beer-like, but definitely not malty or hoppy, although there is a cold well-carbonated crispness. It's sad that BL reflects the quintessential american beer taste. (365 characters)

2.42/5  rDev +22.8%

The number one beer? Not exactly impressive, but it fits the niche- if such a huge market share can be called a niche. Anyone who pours this into a glass is probably missing the point--it wasn't really ever supposed to be consumed as it might be portrayed in commercials, etc. For a party beer, it does the job, although it is a bit expensive, especially when compared with Natty Light, and fighting over the taste difference is a bit pointless, as is looking for a high-quality beer here.

note--is AB really the #1 recycler of aluminum cans? They have to be the #1 producer of littered cans as well : P (608 characters)

Bud Light from Anheuser-Busch