Bud Light - Anheuser-Busch

Anheuser-Busch visit their website
Missouri, United States

Light Lager |  4.20% ABV

Beer added by: BeerAdvocate on 08-22-2001

to view all ratings, reviews and sorting options.
Ratings: 5,101 | Reviews: 1,402

2.86/5  rDev +54.6%
look: 2.5 | smell: 3.25 | taste: 2.75 | feel: 2.75 | overall: 2.75

Pours a very clear golden color with a 2 finger width carbonated head. Head quickly dissipates with little to no lacing on the side of the glass. Has more of a sour fruit aroma, but there is a slight hint of banana at the end. A little sweeter there. Bready, malty taste with a slight hop edge at the end. There is a hint of cloves and banana at the end. To be honest, as far as the type of beer goes, it isn't bad. It is fairly representative. I won't mistake it for a good beer, though. There is still more of a watered down flavor.

1.55/5  rDev -16.2%
look: 2 | smell: 1.25 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 1.75 | overall: 1.75

1.5/5  rDev -18.9%

1.65/5  rDev -10.8%

Okay, so I'm at the family reunion. My homebrew is gone, the keg of Michelob Light is gone and the case of Bud Light in cans is brought out. Well, I suppose this is better than NO beer...but I might be wrong. It's been a long time since I had a Bud Light.

The color is very pale, almost like colored water. When poured into a tall beer glass, it has a thick foamy head, which settles quite a bit down to a very thin one. There is almost no aroma at all. Is this beer? Upon giving another sniff, there is a very slight hop aroma with a faint malt presence. The taste is very watery with a slight hop and malt presence. It's very balanced, but very bland with not much flavor at all. The body is very light with moderate carbonation.

Given a choice of mass produced light lagers, this would probably be at the bottom of my list. I can think of at least two or three brewed by major companies (including Anheuser-Busch) that are more enjoyable. It's somewhat embarrassing this is the #1 selling beer in America. I hope the European's don't take notice of this fact.

1.38/5  rDev -25.4%

Enjoyed (and I caution to use the word here) on a Saturday afternoon. It was offered to me with no other option.

A: Light to clear yellow, with even a green tinge. Fizzy white head that pours huge & disappears even quicker.

S: Very light. Somewhat grainy.

T: As light American macros go, this one is my least favorite (and in case you're wondering, out of the 3 kings...gun to my head: 1. Miller Light, 2. Coors Light, 10. Bud Light

M: Yup, feels like a watery beer-like substance.

D: Gave this a 2.5 based on the sheer ounces I've had in my lifetime. Gosh dang college...

2.2/5  rDev +18.9%
look: 1.5 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 2

Poured from 12oz can into pint glass (dirtiest my pint glass has ever been)

A- Very light yellowish with pale white bubbly head that doesn't stick around very long

S- It smells like.. Shitty water? Not a lot of aroma but the ones I am smelling aren't good

T- Pretty bad but it could be worse. Honestly the watery-ness helps this beer out a lot. I'd much rather have a watered down beer than a beer that "has more [shitty] taste"

M- It feels like drinking a pop which is fine with me

O- Bad yes but it could be much worse (see miller lite)

1.25/5  rDev -32.4%

1.88/5  rDev +1.6%

I only drank it because the drunk guy next to me at the blackjack table ordered two, and didn't want to to drink the other one and gave it to me. It wasn't repulsive. But not good either. I only drank it out of courtesy.

If someone gives it two me I will drink it but will never buy one. I'd rather just order a coke.

2/5

2.03/5  rDev +9.7%

A - straw, light yellow

Smell - not much to the smell

T -not much taste, slight rice taste, crisp when cold

M - light and well carbonated

O - Nothing memorable about the beer, but it will do in a pinch on a hot day. Its best out of a ice cold cooler.

1.4/5  rDev -24.3%
look: 1.5 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 1

absolutely not beer in my opinion. my dad has this in his fridge. no color, odd smell, little taste and i dont like what is there. this is to be chugged when you are hot as hell or thirsty as fuck! and it better be ice cold. when this bilge water warms to even luke warm it is like flat stale lake water.

pass if you can.

suckem up and movem out! (not this stuff)

giblet

2.5/5  rDev +35.1%

2.02/5  rDev +9.2%

Rated to style.

It's come to this. My bud light review.

Appearance is extremely pale yellow, crystal clear with no head or lacing.

Aroma is cooked sweet corn. Odd, because rice is the adjunct used.

Taste is just not there. I can't taste this beer. The only reason it's a 1.5 is because it doesn't taste awful. It just has no taste.

Mouthfeel is highly carbonated and drying, as it should be.

Big pass. No flavor, barely any color, there's just nothing here.

2.25/5  rDev +21.6%

1.46/5  rDev -21.1%

Another billiard tournament, another crappy beer sponsor. Poured into a frozen mug. Usually I don't use frozen mugs, but this calls for an exception. Even with proper pour, the head was pathetic. About half a thumb widths of foam that lasted less than a minute. Some ice particles started to form on the surface. Pale, and I do mean pale, yellow. Very faint smell. Mostly adjuncts so weak I couldn't tell what they were. Light taste. It isn't water, but it's close to it. Some rice is on the tongue. No bitterness, sweetness, nor aftertaste. Mouthfeel is thin. It feels thinner than water. Is that possible? For a liquid to be thinner than water? Drinkable as swill. Drinkable like tap water. Which doesn't mean a thing. Not a good beer.

to view all ratings, reviews and sorting options.
Bud Light from Anheuser-Busch