Bud Light - Anheuser-Busch

awful

Anheuser-Busch visit their website
Missouri, United States

Light Lager |  4.20% ABV

(Beer added by: BeerAdvocate on 08-22-2001)
Sort by:  Usefulness | Recent | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Bud Light Alström Bros

ParkbrauFan, Mar 28, 2014
2.38/5  rDev +28.6%

Bud Light has the best commercials as far as beer is concerned. So how is the actual beer? No good in fact not good at all. Bud Light you could drink a case in a day because it is like water. It pours a straw yellow where you have to pour the beer hard to get a head, that lasts for only seconds. The smell is hard to put a finger on. A hint of water mixed with cereal. Weird I know but to me that is what it smells like. When in the mouth the tastebuds don't sense much sensation, the drinkability is high because you could drink a million of these, like downing water. Funny how the cheaper Natural Light by AB is better than the more expensive Bud Light by AB. Still both are not what I would call BEER!

beertaster13, Feb 18, 2004
2.9/5  rDev +56.8%
look: 2.5 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 3.5

It looks see-through, just like water. If you look hard there's a slight yellow tint to it. I poured it like very harshly and the head was 100xs larger then the beer, but it is slowly falling. The lacing is barely even there.

If I smell really hard and breathe deep I can just barely smell the lager, but the first smell is faint and flavorless.

Taste reminds me of water at first and then turns into a sweet off-odor smell. It's hard to get a read on this because it's so flavorless.

Mouthfeel made me cringe the first time, like water, but when it hits the back of my throat it makes me gag.

Not very drinkable, it doesn't have flavor, body, or drinkability. I pray to God I never drink this again.

Erdinger2003, Apr 12, 2006

lilnicky068, Jan 28, 2012
1.9/5  rDev +2.7%

Boring plain ol jane light beer. No flavor, no exitement, no feeling of taste. I cant explain this beer other than tasteless boredom. I like the commercials though. The beer was pee pee gold in color, no taste and a mouth feel that was lacking some sort of feel in general. Again here, Budweiser has dropped the ball.

tjsmith910, Jul 08, 2011
1.1/5  rDev -40.5%

APPEARANCE: I have to say, the Bud Light does look refreshing. The light color with a tiny, but very bright, white head makes it look pretty appetizing. That said, what little head there is vanishes almost instantly and there is no lacing at all.

SMELL: I could not smell anything at all. I feel bad giving the smell an "awful" rating, because it wasn't. It just wasn't there at all. That said, I do not think it should earn any points on smell at all, so I will stick with awful.

TASTE: This is a very light beer. The small amount of flavor that is present is sweet and has a hint of corn and maybe sugar.

MOUTHFEEL: The Bud Light I had on tap was not well carbonated and it felt more like drinking water than beer. It offers nothing interesting to the palate.

OVERALL: If I've already had six beers, OK, I can manage to drink one of these, but as a first beer of the night it is simply not worth it to me. I drink beer because I enjoy beer, not because I want to get drunk. I know I'll sound like a beer snob saying this, but I enjoy bitter beer, hoppy beer, strong beer. So the Bud Light tasted like water that had been contaminated to me.

StoneTSR, Feb 16, 2011

ABV: 4.20 % , cals=110

Reviewed ~10/2008 @ home, bottle>dimpled mug
A 2.0, very clear/clean light straw color, 1 finger head gone quick
S 3.0 mild but balanced, not skunky like some macro light beers
T 3.0 not bad, just not much!
MF 1.5 watery very very thin, no body at all, super carbonated
D 3.5 - If a mellow clean watery light beer is what you are after, this is for you! I like it better than a lot of other macro light beers.

unclejimbay, Mar 04, 2009