Bud Light - Anheuser-Busch

awful

Anheuser-Busch visit their website
Missouri, United States

Light Lager |  4.20% ABV

(Beer added by: BeerAdvocate on 08-22-2001)
Sort by:  Usefulness | Recent | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Bud Light Alström Bros
ckollias

Maryland

1.6/5  rDev -13.5%

Enjoyed this 12oz bottle out of a pint glass.

A: Pours a pale straw hue with a 2-finger fluffy head that quickly dissipates and ends in a minimal lacing.

S: Not much here - mild malts and grains.

T: Again - not much here - mild malt and grains - not much flavor.

M: Light body and medium carbonation.

O: So, like most craft beer drinkers - this just doesn't cut it for me. If there is nothing else - i'll drink it - but it really tastes like a water beer.

11-10-2011 04:16:30 | More by ckollias
CowsCanBark

2.42/5  rDev +30.8%

I've had Bud Light countless times, but I'll review it based on having it about an hour ago. It was on-tap at a local bar, served in a standard pint glass. I'm reviewing it compared to other light lagers.

Appearance: Kind of ugly. Just a pale straw yellow with a one-finger head that quickly dissipates. Literally no lacing left on the glass as I drank.

Smell: Also unimpressive. Just smells of adjuncts like rice and mainly corn, with a bit of metallicness. No hops or anything else detected.

Taste: It's a bit better than the smell, I guess, simply because it doesn't taste as metallic as it smells. Other than that, it's pretty bland, with a barely noticeable corn taste. Very watery.

Mouthfeel: An average mouthfeel for a light lager, I suppose. Light/medium carbonation and a very light body makes it an easy drinker. Just average for the style.

Overall: A below average offering of a light lager, but definitely not terrible if you like minimal flavor and easy drinkability.

11-09-2011 04:18:18 | More by CowsCanBark
dunit697

1.23/5  rDev -33.5%

This is the beer you drink when you are already drunk as my friend has said. The taste is only unique in that it has absolutely no uniquness. I found this beer a waste of time, money, and brain cells. I suggest buying a Heineken is your looking for cheaper mass produced beer, stay away from this vacuum of taste.

11-08-2011 02:20:34 | More by dunit697
robboyd

Indiana

2.05/5  rDev +10.8%

It's bud light. What do you expect? It serves its purpose from time to time, mainly during or tailgating sporting events and when playing drinking games like beer pong.

For some reason, when I think about what beer tastes like, bud light is immediately what comes to mind. Probably from sneaking sips from my dad's can when I was young and being disgusted by the sharp bitterness that beer is to an untrained palate. In hindsight, that statement seems almost ridiculous as this beer is as close to water as beer can possibly be. There is no taste, no characteristic that defines this beer. It simply is and I'll continue to drink it in the manner I listed above.

11-06-2011 02:05:58 | More by robboyd
sweett3k

Wazzz Up? Time to review the BUD LIGHT.

We all have had the bud light here is my honest opinion of this beer.

A: Do not blink while pouring this beer or else you will miss her in all her glory. NO HEAD NO LACING. light pale gold in color.

S:Piss and Grain

T: Sweet Grain

M: C'mon it is the most drinkable beer in the world? Pssstttt!

O: I will drink this beer again. I am not going to lie to you.

11-04-2011 21:58:59 | More by sweett3k
DividedAvery

Colorado

1.73/5  rDev -6.5%

Poured from 12oz can into a pint glass

A: Golden, light and very bubbly. Gives a one finger white head which dissipates quickly

S: Some light faint hops, light malts, nothing really impressive

T: Meh. Carboanted water with a slight taste of hops. Strange finish on this one too.

M: Very carbonated and light. It's kind of embarrassing that they can label this beer. I guess technically it's correct

O: Wouldn't buy it, I guess I would drink it if offered and desperate but not gonna give my money to bud

11-02-2011 23:44:59 | More by DividedAvery
perrymarcus

1.83/5  rDev -1.1%

disclaimer:i don't *set out* to review AALs, but occasionally decide to review one if it's leftover after a party (as is the case a present), because, well, it's there... i also figure in order to have a broad beer experience you need to sample from all over the spectrum. that said...

12oz can served in a standard pint glass.

an fairly aggressive pour from the can yields a quickly dissipating finger or so of a spirtzy, fizzy head. body is bell-clear, light golden-yellow in color.

nose is just... absent. the only thing that saves this score from a 1 is it's not outright repulsive - tough to pull off offensive when there's nothing there. (unless of course you consider an odorless beer offensive, in which case you might have a point.) very muted notes of corn.

taste is actually a slight improvement, which still isn't saying much. mostly corn/grainy. no real hops presence to speak of. clean finish. light bodied, crisp mouthfeel.

overall, i am not enjoying this and think it pretty much sucks as a beer. it's not overtly offensive and thus i could conceivable see myself drinking one at say a beach if offered for free.

10-30-2011 02:37:39 | More by perrymarcus
rangerred

Tennessee

1.2/5  rDev -35.1%

Poured out of a pint can into a pint glass

Color is an extremely pale gold. Kind of looks like dirty water. An aggressive pour yields a thin soapy head that quickly fades.

What little smell there is reminds me of cooked vegetable/stale corn

There is hardly any taste present. A very light corn taste followed by an odd sourness on the finish. An extremely watery taste with very prickly carbonation.

This is the first bud light I have had in a long long time and honestly, it tastes like seltzer water. There are a few light beers I do enjoy like hudy delight, old milwaukee light, and high life light. This one, however, is borderline nasty. For the life of me I do not understand how this is the number one selling beer in the US.

10-25-2011 21:26:52 | More by rangerred
pschul4

2.25/5  rDev +21.6%

Poured from 12oz can into pint glass (dirtiest my pint glass has ever been)

A- Very light yellowish with pale white bubbly head that doesn't stick around very long

S- It smells like.. Shitty water? Not a lot of aroma but the ones I am smelling aren't good

T- Pretty bad but it could be worse. Honestly the watery-ness helps this beer out a lot. I'd much rather have a watered down beer than a beer that "has more [shitty] taste"

M- It feels like drinking a pop which is fine with me

O- Bad yes but it could be much worse (see miller lite)

10-25-2011 01:12:06 | More by pschul4
homebrewer88

1.45/5  rDev -21.6%

Used to drink this regularly so I had to try again.

Light gold color with a soapy white head that disappeared very quickly.
Smell is very grainy and can smell some adjunct, no hop smell.
Taste follows the smell grainy with no hop taste although it could be refreshing on a very hot summer day.
Mouthfeel is very watery.
Overall not sure why I ever drank this but oh well.

10-21-2011 05:44:03 | More by homebrewer88
gatornation

2.13/5  rDev +15.1%

from a 16 0z can

A- light yellow with an ok white head no lacing crystal clear..but this is what it is supposed to look like

S- wet rice and malt

T- adjunct tastes,rice corn and malt

M- fizzy carbonation,crisp on the palate,not bad but little taste

O- good if you are at the beach in 100 degree sun but otherwise skip it

10-20-2011 22:25:16 | More by gatornation
JoLight

Georgia

3.53/5  rDev +90.8%

Pale straw color with no lasting stark white, foamy head.

Very carbonated, light, watery, crisp and refreshing.

The aroma is a faint typical macro lager smell with more rice character due to the rice adjuncts versus corn.

It tastes of carbonated water, and faint barely malt. Maybe a slight bit of rice and generalized grains, but pretty bready all the way through.

This is one of the better light beers. Hell, this beer was even three months past it's expiration date and it still tasted good.

Coors Light has much more flavor than this, but this isn't necessarily bad because of that fact.

I would like to say, however, that this beer does taste better in a bottle than a can. With most other macro beers, it doesn't ever make a difference to me. But with any product from Anheuser-Busch, their beers always taste much better from a bottle than a can.

For a light beer, this is surely at the top of the list, although there are more flavorful light beers.

10-14-2011 02:37:28 | More by JoLight
byteme94

2.45/5  rDev +32.4%

Should add that serving type was shot gunning at the football game. Come on - its much better than Natty Light, haha.

Taste: minimal

But on a side note - I always have in frig for my non "beer" friends. I love good beer - some people just don't.

10-09-2011 22:22:02 | More by byteme94
travisnd

2.53/5  rDev +36.8%

This is not a beer that I buy when I'm wanting good beer. This is the beer I buy when I am getting ready to watch a sporting event (football) and need something cheap that goes down like water all the while still helping me feel the effects of alcohol!

10-07-2011 20:13:51 | More by travisnd
xuptygm

Nebraska

1.65/5  rDev -10.8%

I knew one day it would come to this. I'm out of beer and had a few buddies over. Wouldn't you know it nothing to drink but the bud light they brought over. Crap beer is better than no beer at all right? We'll find out--the following is my best attempt at an unbiased review of bud light.

This was the old "go to" beer in college. Pours like a coke with a big white "coca-cola" head which recedes to nothing. You really want to know what this stuff looks like...it looks like I pissed in a glass. I haven't had this stuff in a long time and you know what?...it reminds me of a really bad sake. I really can taste rice. It attempts to have a bite with its carbonation but fails miserably.

Sorry guys but I'm gonna be a beer snob and elect to not drink any more of this crap for the sake of my beer karma.

10-07-2011 00:54:20 | More by xuptygm
tvazteca

1.15/5  rDev -37.8%

Yeah, so i didn;t have any cold beer when I got home. The Bruins are on and I wanted to drink a beer with my dumplings. The roommates have some Bud Light pounders in the fridge. You can really smell the machines when you take a good whiff of this beer. The color is of pale beer, the light actually comes through it, not blocking much of the beer. The glass casts a better shadow than the beer.
The taste is a weak lager, stript of malts, barley, and hops. If they use any of that, it's very hard to tell. The carbonation is way to strong and I almost taste the fizz more than the beer itself, it's tough cause I drink it as fast as I can. It feels almost rough on the tongue with it's over-carbonated-ness. Overall, Bud Light it just shit. But I'm drinking it. Take that for what it's worth.

10-07-2011 00:26:08 | More by tvazteca
pBRale

Iowa

1.88/5  rDev +1.6%

From tasting notes 9-23-11
Poured into a mug

Appearance: Clear pale gold with a short white head that settles quickly and leaves no lacing, nor has any retention.

Smell: Sweet corny smell. Not much else.

Taste: Not a lot really--I'm not tasting much but some highly carbonated watery beer with a bit of corn in the aftertaste.

Mouthfeel: Medium-high carbonation, watery body, crisp finish.

Overall: I actually think I prefer the can over the bottle for bud light. Not an impressive beer at all and not worth the extra money for a bottle over a can.

10-06-2011 16:08:30 | More by pBRale
bnes09

2.23/5  rDev +20.5%

Super light straw color, about half way between normal lager color and water. Weak, soda-like head with awful retention, and zero lacing. Perfectly transparent and lots of bubbles in the liquid.

Aroma is so clean I have to actually try to smell something. All I can smell is faint corn husk.

Weak malt flavor. Corn and rice adjuncts dominate as expected. There may be a few traces of hop particles somewhere in this brew but there are nowhere near enough to taste. Clean and crisp while providing almost zero flavor.

Light, highly carbonated feel. Just like sparkling water. Average for the style.

On the bottle it says, "Superior Drinkability." Guess I can't argue with that point. Water is also highly drinkable. Maybe that's what this stuff is. Sure tastes like it.

10-05-2011 05:08:04 | More by bnes09
ZenAgnostic

2.35/5  rDev +27%

24oz can poured into a Budweiser pint glass. Bottom stamped born on date 02SEPT11, so it's almost exactly a month old.

Appearance - Head that evaporates almost instantly. One of the palest shades of yellow possible. A platinum and gold alloy made transparent.

Smell - Corn. Very faint musk. Bubblegum sweetness.

Taste - Very mild musky earthy corn. Hardly noticeable. Boring. Inoffensive.

Mouthfeel - Faint effervescence. Mostly flat feeling. Not refreshing. Feels artificially light.

Overall Drinkability - Perhaps it's because I served this beer at around 45 degrees F that it tastes so bad. Serving it chilled might help bring out the refreshing lightness of the mouthfeel. Feels fake and sticky at higher temps.

10-05-2011 01:22:44 | More by ZenAgnostic
dansmcd

Australia

1.43/5  rDev -22.7%

Really only reviewing this swill to bring some balance and perspective to a lengthening list of craft beers.

A - Very pale straw colour, extremely clear and filtered body, thin white fizzy head. No lace.

S - ... um.. water?

T - Just flavourless. Slight hints of corn and barley, but water is the overwhelming aspect. No presence to it at all.

M - Water-thin, moderate carbonation.

O - Lightly beer flavoured water. I would probably enjoy one straight after a hard slog of lugging heavy objects around on a hot day, but a water would do just as well. A sports drink even better.

09-29-2011 00:00:15 | More by dansmcd
zander4dawin

2.17/5  rDev +17.3%

Appearance - Extremely clear with a soapy head that disappears quickly.
Smell - Not much other than a faint skunkiness.
Taste - Crisp and drinkable, but without any hop presences.
Mouthfeel - Watery.

I didn't review this beer just to flame it. Yeah it sucks but it has a place. I'm sure it was a lot of people's first beer. It drinks easy and is a good gateway beer for a lot of people. Also, easy to drink and refreshing, almost like a soda.

09-26-2011 17:43:58 | More by zander4dawin
CaptJackHarkness

1.68/5  rDev -9.2%

Pours a clear, straw color, foamy off-white head that evaporates quickly and leaves no lacing on the glass.Scent of grassy corn.
Taste is of corn but has a nice aftertaste .
Watery. Medium carbonation. Not at all appealing. Another brew for those who want a cheap drunk.

09-25-2011 18:10:47 | More by CaptJackHarkness
TippySelenoid

Missouri

1.98/5  rDev +7%

Had at a company function a few days ago.

It's was served a pale yellow with a slight lace of foam and some quick carbonation.

Nothing much to smell. There are some grass odors.

It doesn't taste like much either. A tiny bit of hops, a little bit of straw or corn, some adjunct sweetness, not much happening.

It feels watery with some belch inducing carbonation.

This beer(?) isn't very good. I only drink it when it's free and each time I do I remember why I don't enjoy it. I can drink it really fast and cold, the on;y way this stuff can be enjoyed.

09-25-2011 17:29:09 | More by TippySelenoid
tobelerone

Connecticut

1.93/5  rDev +4.3%

"The sure sign of a good time?" Uh, no. Beg to differ, Mr. Mad Man wannabe douchebag adman. This is the blandest excuse for a beer you can imagine, surely not worth the minimal calories consumed.

THis is a very clear yellow bear with a decent head that fades away slowly, leaving little to no lace at all.

Smell? Nothing there except the faintest trace of malt..barely.

Taste? Really, really bland and watery..the hint of malt and corn or rice or some vaguely sweet adjunct. Nothing really noticeable. Sort of beer-ish in a distant kind of way.

The mouthfeel is all fizzy carbonation, a crisp finish...nothing exceptional. I guess it's kinda refreshing but I'd rather have a water or a soda.

This one simply leaves me wondering why? Why would anyone drink this? Why did I even try it (again)? Pointless, boring junk.

09-21-2011 16:57:57 | More by tobelerone
AllHoppedUp84

Indiana

1.85/5  rDev 0%

Served on-tap into an Arrogant Bastard pint glass (Sorry Stone). Pours a clear straw-yellow with a 2 inch white head that recedes relatively slowly into a thin film across the top of the glass. No lacing to speak of.

Aroma is that of faint grain and malt. Not a whole lot going on here, as expected.

The taste is primarily of skunky water and possibly a hint of rice or some other grain. No flavors are able to overpower the water flavor that shines from beginning to end.

Watery mouthfeel that barely rinses the pallet long enough to swallow the drink, then rendering the pallet dry and thirsty for another drink. Mission accomplished Bud.

Overall, this is exactly what you would expect from this particular style of beer. Easy to drink in large numbers and refreshing enough to enjoy on a hot summer day. With this is mind, I wouldn't recommend to others.

09-19-2011 23:50:35 | More by AllHoppedUp84