Bud Light - Anheuser-Busch

awful

Anheuser-Busch visit their website
Missouri, United States

Light Lager |  4.20% ABV

(Beer added by: BeerAdvocate on 08-22-2001)
View: Beers (76) |  Events
Sort by:  Latest | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Bud Light Alström Bros
wordemupg

Alberta (Canada)

1.75/5  rDev -4.9%
look: 2.5 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 2

355ml can poured into pint glass may 27 2010

A clear very pale straw yellow with decent carbonation feeding a very short lived bone white head that left no lace

S faint adjuncts and that's about it

T very little going on here some candy corn perhaps

M quite thin but enough carbonation to fluff it up a bit

D what little smell and taste it has is rather poor so its easy not to enjoy

Q: How is Bud Light similar to having sex on a boat?
A: Their both fucking close to water

05-28-2010 06:20:42 | More by wordemupg
jmarvin4189

Vermont

2.4/5  rDev +30.4%

Appearance - Looks like piss

Smell - smells like what you would think of when you smell a shitty beer.

Taste - Tastes like beer, its not bad but is good for the beach. I think it tastes the same as busch light, for 6 bucks more i would rather get busch than this overpriced piss.

Mouthfeel - goes down easy, good carbonation, a thirst quencher

Drinkability - Very easy to drink, its not something to enjoy, its main purpose is to drink as many as you can. would only recommend if you're partying or at the beach and can drink plenty since after you drink one you can't stop until you're signing sweet caroline at the top of your lungs

05-27-2010 12:52:43 | More by jmarvin4189
aasher

Indiana

Appearance: Piss yellow in color, slight carbonation, heavy although quickly dissipating head

Smell: like stale beer

Taste: like stale beer, little flavor at all

Mouthfeel: Like a light soda

Drinkability: no flavor, no aromas, not drinkable

This is the worst of the macro light beers in my opinion. You might as well go with Keystone if you're playin drinking games or cooking out. For the beer that sells the most in the U.S., it is horrible.

05-26-2010 21:54:00 | More by aasher
Giaach

2.03/5  rDev +10.3%

It's Bud Light what more can one really say.
It's cheap, available, and easy to drink.

The color is a light amber and this taste is very mild.

One of my friends loves this beer and whenever I introduce him to a new beer he always asks me to compare it to Bud Light.
Really the beer isn't that bad when your hot and tired and just want something cold to drink but other than that I can think of plenty of other better beers to choose from.

05-25-2010 19:43:26 | More by Giaach
kingcrowing

Vermont

12oz can poured into a disgusted gullet.

Pours the color of fizzy piss. It's bland and yellow. The nose is like skunky funk vomit and water.

Taste. Litterally this is like bland water. Why would you drink this? Because you hate beer and yourself. Skip this shit!

05-22-2010 04:09:01 | More by kingcrowing
DJSteadman

Kansas

1.53/5  rDev -16.8%

Bud light is probably one of the worst beers out there but everyone drinks it because it is cheap. This beer is probably only being drank by college kids and high schoolers and without them bud light would probably lose 1/2 of the people that actually drink it. If you want to actually taste a good beer or enjoy a beer then dont drink bud light. if you dont care if your beer tastes like water and just want to get drunk then go ahead this buds for you.

05-17-2010 21:35:49 | More by DJSteadman
eschbach

Arizona

2.73/5  rDev +48.4%

Bud Light is apparently the most consumed beer on earth. So I decided to review it. I got a 16 oz can at the gas station.

I filled a pilsner glass with the bud and was not impressed. It has a very pale yellow color with minimal head. It has a corny cereal smell. It has a corny taste also. I can hardly taste hops but there is a little bit. It feels like seltzer water in the mouth.

I constantly find myself drinking bud light at parties. It's good for getting you drunk, but that's about all it's good for. I have gotten insanely drunk off bud light. It's so watery you hardly notice you are drinking a beer. If you buy this beer to enjoy the taste, then you might need to get your head checked out.

05-17-2010 01:00:40 | More by eschbach
BabyBastard

2.3/5  rDev +25%

Well, since my significant other "had" to purchase this, I might as well review it. Poured from the bottle into my tulip a very pale straw, very weak color. Almost looks like a glass of watered down apple cider, with a head that vanishes almost as quick as it appeared. Light lacing around the glass. Unimpressive, to say the least. I guess AB isn't really expecting you to pour this from the bottle.

Even when stuffing the nose inside the glass, the smell is pretty much non-existent. Smell is of the typical, adjunct corniness and not much else. Is this what rice beer smells like? Possibly.

Taste is right there with the smell, non-existent, except for a strange, uninspired after taste of plain white rice and bland corn. This should be considered beer for people who do not like the flavor of beer, because there is really no discernable flavor to speak of. My description may be making this brew look good.

Carbonation is a bit high, giving one those huge, totally repulsive burps that so often accompany consumption of a brew of this type. Other than that, I feel the mouthfeel on this is about average for a light lager. Drinkability is also average due to the very mellow alcohol content and that great, non-existent taste. Overall, a very unimpressive, below average light lager that should generally be avoided. The fact that I took time out of my life to review this is a miracle, but I suppose that I have had worse. Always open to trying new things, but this thing is one that you should say "no thanks" to.

05-11-2010 04:40:29 | More by BabyBastard
cheesepuffs

Connecticut

Appearance - Being poured from a can results in a light, 1 inch head. It dissipated in under a minute with zero lacing. Color is dark urine.

Smell - Not much, but smells metallic and of fillers.

Taste and Mouthfeel - Grainy and watery, with soda-like fake carbonation. Strong initial carbonation bite, skunky middle, and finishes off bitter. Aftertaste is warm and of burnt grains.

Drinkability - The only time I would ever drink this is at a party to get drunk. You'd swear the pong balls make it taste better. It certainly will do the job, but it isn't pleasant to drink by any means. This is the kind of beer you buy by the 30 rack for a night of responsible fun, not the beer you buy by the six pack to savor or pair with food. Sub-average drinkability.

05-10-2010 21:26:58 | More by cheesepuffs
pavyaz19

2.08/5  rDev +13%

The only thing worse than this is Miller Light. It wasn't until 18 months ago that I finally discovered what real beer is. On that day I realized how disgusting the BMC I was drinking had become. All politics aside (which is the real reason I hate BMC) Bud light is one of the few that I'll actually admit to drinking. If you find me drinking it however, you'll also find that I'm fresh out of real beer.

05-06-2010 13:46:02 | More by pavyaz19
joshotron

2.03/5  rDev +10.3%
look: 1.5 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 2 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 2.5

Appearence: Extremely pale yellow. The head dissipated very quickly and left virtually no lacing at all.

Smell: Almost no smell whatsoever. Can't even detect the aroma of hops.

Taste: Beer flavored water for lack of a better way of describing it. Almost no hops or malt taste detectable.

Feel: No real substance that you would expect from a good beer.

Drinkability: I don't enjoy drinking it by any means. It goes down easy but I don't see that as an accomplishment.

Notes: A lot of people concede that this is not a good beer but continue to drink it because it's relatively cheap. Just pay
the extra few bucks and actually get a respectable beer.

05-03-2010 22:35:58 | More by joshotron
reeverbythespeak

Alabama

1.25/5  rDev -32.1%

I revisited this at a friends house for lack of options. I did not enjoy myself. The color was basically clear. It was like watered down gingerale. The coca-cola head dissipated immediately. The smell was like corn. The taste was like corn. The mouthfeel was disturbing. And as far as drinkability? None.

05-03-2010 22:25:37 | More by reeverbythespeak
ryanblinkbrand

2.2/5  rDev +19.6%

I wish i could give this beer 2 grades. Because this beer simply put, "is what it is".

It doesn't look pretty. It doesn't have that great smell.

If I'm sittin at home having a beer does it compare to any micro brews? No.

If i'm out camping with with my buddies telling some stories, having some brew, looking to enjoy the time and we grab a couple cases....this beer does the trick. My favorite beer is Great Lakes Burning River. It has an average A- rating here while Bud Light has a D-. But thats just the thing. Should I hate on this beer because it is mass marketed. If i could buy a case of Burning River for 16.99 for a night of drinking with my buddies i would. Unfortunately i can't so this beer does the trick for that. All the same if i'm enjoying a beer or two for a night on the couch would i look else where? Yes. But I must reiterate this beer is what it is. Just depends on what your looking for.

04-29-2010 03:23:04 | More by ryanblinkbrand
TStron

1.25/5  rDev -32.1%

Light yellow in color. Smells cheap and without flavor. Taste is terrible. This beer is clearly just a vehicle for alcohol and nothing more. After taste is funky. If you can get past the taste to drink more than one than I guess is drinkable but for most who know what a good beer should be this won't be drinkable. This beer destroys my stomach and the results weren't pretty on the few occasions I have had to drink it as it was my only option.

04-28-2010 20:46:10 | More by TStron
SpdKilz

2.55/5  rDev +38.6%

Appearance - Pours a straw yellow into my SA Perfect Pint. About two fingers of extremely quickly dissipating head is achieved with a moderate pour that leaves literally zero lacing,

Smell - Almost nothing. Slight malt, almost non existent hop aroma (I think I'm pretending there is some).

Taste - As you would expect, similar to the nose. In college I "hated beer" meaning BMC. If I DID have to drink beer, I would choose bud light because it "tasted the closest to water". Hence, that is exactly what this tastes like. Very very mildly flavored water.

Mouthfeel - Nonexistent.

Drinkability - Honestly, this is still my go-to beer if there is ZERO craft beer around. Heck, I'm finishing up the few left over from a BBQ we had a few weeks back. Do I really enjoy it? No. Will I drink it again in the future? Almost certainly yes if there is nothing better. I'm not a beer snob - I know my roots. Yes I drink a 22oz that would buy two cases of this stuff, but hell, when in Rome.

04-23-2010 00:58:26 | More by SpdKilz
Metallix6403

1.18/5  rDev -35.9%

22oz bottle, freshness date on the bottle, poured in to a pint glass.

Appearance - Clear...with a tint of yellow. A finger of white head that fades rather quickly. Not much lace to speak of.

Smell - I can't find any thing....a little touch of hops....maybe....

Taste - Like the aroma, there isn't anything there....Can you give a negative for no taste?

Feel - No substance here, just liquid. I cant say it is repulsive so....

Drinkability - Not much point to drinking even one.

Final Thoughts - Had one at a friends house as this is all he drinks....His conversion is in process...For anyone else, just dont bother...

04-22-2010 23:57:03 | More by Metallix6403
carlspeed

There are two different types of people who drink Bud Light. People who don't like it, and people who do. All the reviews on this site seem to be slanted away from the beer, which is understandable considering the beers that the people on this forum seem to enjoy most. Because of that, I based my review on the same principle. With that being said, there is no better, inexpensive, readily accessible beer that I know of that's better than Bud Light. No matter what time it is, what place is open, you can always count on them to have Bud Light ready, waiting, and cold.

A cold beer while you are working on the car, or mowing the grass, something that you are going to slam and drink fast, Bud Light is where you need to be. Sure, there are other beers out there that are about the same price, maybe taste a bit better or whatever, but the point here is that Bud Light is the most prominent beer in this country. And it's not too horrible to boot, given the circumstances I've put above. 9 o'clock at night, not too hungry and you want to have a nice beer with some tv? Perhaps a Bud Light is not the best call. However, if you are out to dinner with your in-laws, completely uncomfortable, and you need beer, fast... Maybe even you are trying to pull an all-dayer and you want to have something that says "beer" in your hand every second of the day... Bud Light wins every-time.

04-19-2010 22:41:20 | More by carlspeed
suretolose

1.68/5  rDev -8.7%

One of the few beers I attempt to avoid. just does not taste good even for a mass marketed light beer. Even though it looks and pours like any other beer on the status quo market, it really does not taste very good at all. Almost like the can is marinading the beer.

04-15-2010 18:21:26 | More by suretolose
lordofthewiens

Maine

1.93/5  rDev +4.9%

We're driving back from Boston on a bus, and one of our seatmates is drinking a beer. Even better, he's offering it to his fellow riders. The only catch is that it's Bud Light he's passing around. The beer is a pale yellow color with a moderate sized white head. It had virtually no aroma. Not much more in the taste, but there was a hint of hops at least. I can't imagine people who like beer would want to drink this, since it's not much better than water.

04-14-2010 21:50:35 | More by lordofthewiens
pwoody11

Delaware

2.42/5  rDev +31.5%

Someone left this at my house, so I'm drinking it. I've gotten him to try some craft brews, he hates most. Little by little he is starting to come around. I think the price is problem for him too. Anyway....

Pours a translucent straw color. Aroma and taste are both malty. Wheat and grains. Water.

It is what it is. Cheap beer. If I were low on cash, it's hot out, or both, this beer does it's job. I do have a problem with the fact that it's sold in 10 different containers/packages. They take up too much shelf space from good beers.

04-14-2010 21:47:53 | More by pwoody11
tjsdomer2

2.78/5  rDev +51.1%

Appearance: Overall pretty boring...average-looking. Very pale yellow but has pretty good head retention, which gives it some positive points.

Smell: Skunked and sour in my opinion. Like grain thats been soaked in water for a while.

Taste/Mouthfeel: I really don't like the taste of this. It tastes stale and has very little hoppiness. After further testing, I get more hops. The grain taste gives it some stale maltiness though. Overly carbonated, making it rough-tasting, like soda water. Very dry.

Drinkability: Well, the difference IS drinkability. Easy to drink considering...

Overall: Bud Light confuses me more than any other beer. As I've said in my Budweiser review, I love that stuff. This stuff comes across as a very weak and demented younger brother. Stick with the older brother...35 extra calories will not kill you.

04-11-2010 19:54:24 | More by tjsdomer2
Tilley4

Tennessee

Ahhh... The beer of the masses... This seems to be the go-to beer for most of the people living in America..

Pale yellowish appearance with a small thin fizzy head... Not much to look at..

I get a little grainy aroma off of this but not really much else... Nothing offensive but nothing substantial either...

Very thin watery lightly grainy brew that, if had ice cold, could be refreshing but once it warms, watch out.. Whew... Very cardboard like and not very tasty... Much like watered down Bud which makes sense..

Overall, you could drink several of these at a party or with pizza but its definitely not a standalone beer...

04-10-2010 15:05:10 | More by Tilley4
phiberoptik

2.3/5  rDev +25%

Who will actually read a review of Bud Light? Really...

This beer along with many of its counterparts got me through college and some post college years with a lot of lost memories, puking, and headaches.

This beer is boring. Boring in appearance, absolutely no smell unless you spill it on your clothes or floor and dont clean it up.

Tastes very fizzy and watery. There is no defined beer flavor. I dont think malt or hops drinking this and it usually just required drinking the first two or three quickly to lose the care to taste any more.

I have to admit though this beer gets a 5 for drinkability. You can drink it fast and often and not feel full or satisfied.

If you are on this website, why would you even care about this beer?

04-10-2010 12:39:46 | More by phiberoptik
spoons

1.23/5  rDev -33.2%

Ahhh bud light.

a 12oz can poured into a pint glass.

A very pale yellow body with a fizzy white head. Head dissapates very quickly. Lots of bubbles streaming up from the bottom.

The smell is virtually non existant. A little wet malt if you go serching for it but definitely not strong y any means.

Tastes of cold carbonated water with no real defined flavor. Very carbonated and fizzy on the tongue. Not a very good beer but if you need to drink 20 of something this is it.

04-04-2010 04:03:13 | More by spoons
dionisio

1.45/5  rDev -21.2%

This beer is so nasty. I just decided to come here and write a review for some reason.

Anyway, this and Bud Ice are like the only beers I can't drink. I'll drink OE, St. Ides, Steel Reserve... so I'm not a total snob. And I can drink most mass-produced beers. But not Bud Light, it's just disgusting. I remember one time I was at the beach and we ran out of Bitburgers so my girlfriend and I started drinking Bud Light, but neither of us could finish it. This beer is like, they took Budweiser, which is a sucky-tasting beer, and then added water, so now it's diluted and thus even nastier, because diluted drinks taste nasty. I don't know how anyone can drink this.

Have you ever seen the Bud Light billboards that say, "The difference is drinkability"? Yea, I agree.

Oh wait lemme just say one thing as a disclaimer: I've really never had most of the beers that are supposed to be awful. I haven't had Milwaukee's Best, or Natural Light, or Busch, or any of those. If I'm gonna buy cheap beer, I always go for the high alcohol ones (the "malt liquors"). I have had Miller Lite, Corona Light, and Coors Light and I'd take any of those before this. Coors Light is like alcoholic seltzer. It has no flavor, so it's like whatever. Bud Light, on the other hand, is like carbonated sewer water.

03-31-2010 02:46:57 | More by dionisio