Bud Light - Anheuser-Busch

awful

Anheuser-Busch visit their website
Missouri, United States

Light Lager |  4.20% ABV

(Beer added by: BeerAdvocate on 08-22-2001)
View: Beers (79) |  Events
Sort by:  Latest | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Bud Light Alström Bros
JizackFH

1.55/5  rDev -16.2%
look: 1.5 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 2 | overall: 1.5

A - This pours a very light yellow color with a small white head. It left just a touch of lacing on the glass. This beer really does not look appetizing.

S - This has a very faint smell, but it's nothing you would really want to smell a lot of. Basically smells like any other macro lager.

T - The taste pretty much follows the nose. It's very watered down, no good flavors really stand out. This is not a good beer, and it leaves a bad aftertaste in the mouth.

M - This has a very light mouthfeel with normal carbonation. Feels watery, and leaves a bad aftertaste.

D - Does not go down too easy because of the flavor. The fact that its watery makes it go down quickly though. I could drink a lot of these, but it would feel like I was punishing myself.

11-26-2010 06:12:48 | More by JizackFH
Samp01

1.53/5  rDev -17.3%
look: 2 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 1.5

Pours clear yellow with a very small shirt lived white head. Very little aroma and little to no flavor. Palate very light body and carbonation. Finish is very bland with virtually no flavor. It was the only beer available at a barbecue. Overall did not like this at all.

11-24-2010 15:26:45 | More by Samp01
ryantaussig

Had one of these the other night at a party just because of beer pong. Figured it was time to finally put up this review. Had it plenty of times over the years.

A: Pale piss color yellow. No head. No lacing.

S: What smell? Skunk is not a smell, it's an awful moment in time.

T: Piss for sure. It's just awful. Can't stomach it. I generally avoid it completely if I can since my introduction into craft brews.

M: Thin, overly carbonated, and all around bad.

D: Others have been giving this a higher rating in this category just because of the popularity. Frankly I find it extremely difficult to get it down because of the high carbonation and awful flavor. It makes me sick.

11-18-2010 01:47:02 | More by ryantaussig
Aphexwolf

2.73/5  rDev +47.6%

Appearance: Pale yellow, clear, light head that disappears very quickly, good carbonation.
Smell: Very faint. Can detect some barley and hops, maybe rice.
Taste: Very weak and watery. Can barely detect an aftertaste.
Mouthfeel: Light and watery, carbonation is medium frothy.
Drinkability: Exceptionally high.
Summary: This is a horrible beer. I gave it a 5.9/10, or an F. As far as beer goes, this one's not a good choice. If you're in need of light beer, then I would say it's okay. It's cheap, highly drinkable (because it's basically like drinking water), and can get you drunk if you drink enough of it. In my younger days this was the standard beer of choice for parties (Due to cheapness, availability, and drinkability). This beer loses a lot of points for taste and satisfaction, but gains a few for drinkability. So if you're goal is to get really drunk or supply several guests with beer and save money, then by all means go for this beer. If your goal is to enjoy a great beer, look elsewhere. I wouldn't drink this beer again unless the only other available options were the rest of the commercial light beers.

11-12-2010 06:35:35 | More by Aphexwolf
FosterJM

1.95/5  rDev +5.4%

47th review on BA
Can to pint glass

I really have a lot left in the house as you can see from some of the reviews the last two days. I had Costco beer, left over BL and a Heineken which I need to review. I wanted to give it a go. I haven't had a BL in YEARS so wanted to get in on the rating of this bad boy.

App- It's a very pale yellow with no head to speak of and no carbonation. Its stagnant like a pond no one goes to anymore and the wind doesn't blow.

Smell- I smelled so hard that beer went in my nose and still didn't smell anything.

Taste- I don't want to finish it. I was trying to see if it was that bad and it was. I don't understand how BMC sells so many beers?

M- Its slick and watery

D- NO

11-11-2010 03:26:52 | More by FosterJM
iwantsomerocks

1.85/5  rDev 0%

Poured from a 12oz can into a tumbler for chugging due to loss of Tiger Wood 2010 hole.

A- looks as though my dog has wet my cup, and is unshameful about it, because I can't get a confession out of him. Carbonation implies that he may have drank some of my tonic water before urinating in my glass. Will do later tests to confirm this.

S- Like a skunk, after I ran over it, minus the marijuana appeal. Carbonation in my nose feels like I just bumped seltzer water.

T- Chewing a penny, with some kind of club soda like appeal that makes you reminisce about the time you lost that bet that you could hold your breath for a whole minute and had to chew on a penny with club soda because your friends thought it would be funny.

M - see above.

Comments: I have had this beer many times--none of which were by choice. If I could, I would sue the owner of this company for sexual harrassment. As the can is consumed, the taste gradually reaches the threshold of fecal matter-y taste, mixed with the delicious hints of rusted iron gates that just makes you unbelievably happy that you risked physical harm in order to try this delicacy of a 'beer'.

11-10-2010 06:55:40 | More by iwantsomerocks
BucBasil

South Carolina

2.13/5  rDev +15.1%

Poured this one hard into a large mug from the 12 oz can.

A: The beer is a bright pale yellow with a 2 finger pure white head with surprisingly ok retention.

S: Absolutely no smell... Which was very strange. As the beer warms a bit there is a touch of cooked veggie.

T: A touch of grain and a bit of sweetness. Almost tasteless. Other than a touch of sweetness not much to say.

DRINKABILITY!

11-07-2010 20:48:23 | More by BucBasil
JayS2629

Alabama

1.65/5  rDev -10.8%

Why bother tainting a glass with this, just drink it from the bottle.

A- Pale straw yellow with no lacing.

S- What smell? Maybe grain and water.

T- Devoid of tatste. Watery grain. Crips and dry.

M- Thin and watery with high carbonation.

D- Nothing to savor. Like drinking water with a splash of beer. Nothing to write home about.

11-07-2010 03:06:50 | More by JayS2629
tbern007

Colorado

What can one say?
The ideal serving suggestion/glassware? Let's be honest: just drink it out of the can. Why bother with soiling a pint glass for this?
I give straight 2.0 across the A, S, T because I'm "not impressed". Not much to say. It's clear, the head is nonexistent, there is no smell. The taste is crisp, dry, very slight hop/malt. Very slight. M and D are average because it's crisp and dry and well carbonated. There are in fact worse ones out there.

11-05-2010 00:22:33 | More by tbern007
xnicknj

1.78/5  rDev -3.8%

12 oz can poured into pint glass

Pours a pale straw yellow with a fizzy head which quickly disappears, leaving a bit of film and barely any lacing.

A bit of grassyness and grain with a hint of aluminum. MMM.

Plenty of toasted grain and that oh-so familiar grassy macro lager taste. Essentially devoid of profile and flavor, although its not quite as offensive as others in the genre. Finishes clear and crisp.

Super bubbly, light, and a hint of dryness. The flavor isn't even close to quality, but for macro lager this is probably better than miller or coors. Either way this is pretty pointless, and with all of these macro beers I still feel like I'm tasting the inside of the can more than what's inside.

11-04-2010 05:30:59 | More by xnicknj
mbrown26

1.95/5  rDev +5.4%

A. Yellow in appearance with a slight head. Nothing to brag about.

S. Not much of a smell present. A little bit of sweetness, but you have to hunt for it.

T. Not much taste or flavor. A little bit of barley present, but nothing really noticeable.

M. Feels a little bit like carbonated water.

D. This one is made for the masses and easy to go down.

One thing that Budweiser does well is make their product consistent for a large group of people. It always tastes the same. I would drink this on a golf course on a hot day, but not when I want a decent beer.

10-31-2010 18:31:52 | More by mbrown26
DaveBlack

2.5/5  rDev +35.1%

A: straw yellow, about a finger width of white foam. It looks like a typical light lager.

S: Hardly any. Cereal grains, a little bit of sweetness, notes of sulfur but barely anything else.

T: Once again, hardly any and what there is reflects the smell. Cereal grains, sulfur and a slight maltiness. It's not exactly a bad flavor, just a forgettable.

M: Light, fairly highly carbonated, refreshing to be quite honest.

D: Highly drinkable. This beer is inoffensive, low in alcohol, and low in flavor.

Lets be honest, if you're drinking Bud Light you're not drinking it for its flavor or complexities so you shouldn't be surprised that they're not there. Over the years I have played a number of drinking games and downed many pitchers of this stuff. It's not good, but it's not bad. It's just a shame that this is what so many people think of when they think of beer.

10-22-2010 12:17:48 | More by DaveBlack
bastardface

3.35/5  rDev +81.1%

Bud Light is my favorite beer to start when starting a session. It has a better taste than Coors Light and has less of an after taste. The color is light and relatively generic. The smell is relatively non existent. The taste is fairly good. This is fairly easy to drink. It's impressive by any means but I still enjoy it. It is exceptionally better when chilled. This beer in a can can be hard to drink one after another because the flavor becomes bland and dry.

10-21-2010 02:34:29 | More by bastardface
LittleCreature

Australia

1.65/5  rDev -10.8%

Appearance - 4.0
A firm pour yields a thumb's width of bright white head over a crystal clear, pale straw coloured body. Head settles at a few mm and has good retention.

Smell - 1.0
Vaguely beery, a little sulfury, trace scents of grain and husk.

Taste - 1.0
Almost completely tasteless to the point that comparisons to mineral water are valid. There is a very vague grain and husk note, no hop flavour, barely perceptible bitterness and a dry finish. Never before has the phrase "Did I drink a beer or did I just breath in some wet air" been more appropriate.

Mouthfeel - 2.0
Light body, rather thin and watery, feels similar across the tongue to asprin in water.

Drinkability - 3.0
Superior according to the label. Fairly average according to me - it's refreshing, but that's about it.

OVERALL - 1.9
I have to admit that I was actually excited to review Bud Light. Living in Australia it is only very recently that it has become available and I have always wanted to try the beer that is consumed in larger quantities than any other in the world. Ultimately I have had worse beers because Bud Light is not offensive to drink. It is, however, highly offensive that this watery concoction is called beer.

10-18-2010 08:46:47 | More by LittleCreature
haazer

1.23/5  rDev -33.5%

Poured into a hefeweizen glass

A- Pours a very pale, straw colored brew. Carbonation apparent. White head that dissapears quickly.

S- Smells a low quality yeast and barley. No hop or malt presence apparent at all. Little bit of a skunk aromas.

T- Skunky, low quality barley and hops mixed together. So this is what hop pellets taste like. To think I used to drink this stuff regularly.

M- Light as can be. Carbonation hands in the mouth in the slightest. Leaves a nasty aftertaste.

D- Well, you have to drink these fast. There is absolutely nothing to savor. If anything were to contribute to drinkability is that you can't taste alcohol and its not thick.

Notes: Luckily the United States has been blessed with craft and imported beer. Otherwise, this would be all we'd know. This, Miller, & Coors light. To think, I used to drink this stuff regularly in college. Ick, wouldn't even buy in a keg for the sake of a party.

10-17-2010 03:35:12 | More by haazer
beersensei305

1.15/5  rDev -37.8%

This 'bber' pours very pale in color, almost completely see-through with almost no head. The head is white with no laceing after a short time. The beer has a sour sweet smell... odd. Very light sweetness to the taste, must be the rice, but has almost not desserning flavor. Smooth mouth feel. Utimately GROSS!

10-16-2010 22:02:04 | More by beersensei305
wahhmaster

1.23/5  rDev -33.5%

Poured from a 12 oz. bottle into a Sam Adams Boston Lager glass.

Appearance: Pours a VERY pale golden color, almost clear. Has a very small, fizzy head that dissipates to practically nothing and leaves no discernible lacing.

Smell: A musty graininess backed by a slight sweetness is really the only smell that comes out here.

Taste: This is one of the few beers that I have to describe as gross. It has a sickening sweetness to it and almost no hop character to speak of. Terrible.

Mouthfeel: Has the feel and consistency of sparkling water.

Drinkability: A thoroughly revolting beer. This beer cuts out all flavor in favor of cutting calories. I can't see myself drinking this again; I would probably drink just about anything else rather than have this again.

10-16-2010 03:51:57 | More by wahhmaster
Spiekerbox

2.53/5  rDev +36.8%

So before I start my review, I must say I feel odd reviewing this, but as I am sure this is a beer I have drank thousands of in my life I feel obligated to show myself what I think of it

A- Yellow, big but thin head that goes away like soda, leaves no lacing

S- Not even sure what to call it, there is a smell but all i can think is stale beer

T- plain, lager, little bit of "stuff" which is probably yeast,corn and a little malt. no bitterness or hops to be seen

M- Light, watery, medium carbonation

D- well this is drinkable, and that's about it. It is actually quite refreshing and can be drank non-stop all night

10-16-2010 00:04:25 | More by Spiekerbox
case4816

Ontario (Canada)

1.48/5  rDev -20%

A- Amazingly Pale yellow colour with lots of visible carbonation. Can see clear through the beer; is there anything to this? no head with very little lacing.

S- Very little to no smell. A hint of some light malts and maybe a hint of yeast. A very tiny hint of citrus; almost undetectable.

T- Flavour is almost non-existent. Very light malt and yeast flavours. No citrus falvour at all. Almost tastes like drinking some tonic water; there is flavour, but barely any to speak of at all.

D- I had drank all my Guinness (my usual macro drinking beer) and my parents gave me this. I accepted grudgingly and thought I'd review it. I can't believe they enjoy drinking this.

10-12-2010 05:01:02 | More by case4816
wmtxbb

1.73/5  rDev -6.5%
look: 2 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 2.5

Appearance: Yellow with some carbonation.

Smell: Not a whole lot of smell. Smells sort of like rice.

Taste: Nothing, this is moderately enhanced water...no wait, I'd rather drink water.

Drinkability: It's kind of drinkable. This is the sort of thing I would drink with food, not on its own.

Great beer for someone who wants to get drunk, bad for someone who wants flavor.

10-09-2010 03:07:16 | More by wmtxbb
yankiac

Maryland

2.25/5  rDev +21.6%

A - Very light and pale. Interestingly, it exits my body slightly darker than it goes in.

S - Do you really think I sit and sniff my bud light? Get real!

T - What's taste?

M - Ever have a drink of water? Yeah sorta like that

D - The one category I can't slam it for. It's about as drinkable as water. Probably because there isn't much more to it.

10-05-2010 22:01:40 | More by yankiac
TheKingofWichita

1.4/5  rDev -24.3%

I am sure everyone in the entire world has had Bud Light. Every time I go to a bar it is the beer I see most consumers drinking. Okay -- on to the review.
Pours a slight yellowish color with a sickly white head and vast carbonation.
Smells boozy and light.
Tastes of corn and slight barley.
Mouthfeel is very thin as with many mass produced beers.
Drinkable if you are drinking just for the buzz.

10-02-2010 03:56:51 | More by TheKingofWichita
billshmeinke

2.38/5  rDev +28.6%

Two cans poured into a big mug.

An inch of fluffy white head that dies down to a slim layer of foam on top then down to a ring of foam around the edge of the glass. No lacing left behind.

Smells of some rice and grain. Tiniest hint of fruity lager esters. Hardly smells like anything.

Tastes of almost nothing. Some grain. Just a bit floral and fruity.

Well carbonated. Extremely light bodied. So well carbonated it's almost spicy.

It pretty much tastes like water with some grain and rice and extremely light floral hops. It's not bad. There's just really nothing to it.

10-02-2010 00:51:58 | More by billshmeinke
exodus1369

Looks like Pee...
Smells like it...
Not sure what Pee tastes like but I am sure this is very close.
There are more bubbles then any thing else. Strait trash.
I wouldn't let my dog drink this beer.
I really actually don't even consider this to be beer.

09-29-2010 05:48:49 | More by exodus1369
Tundruth

New Hampshire

2.48/5  rDev +34.1%
look: 2.5 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 2 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 3.5

Cracks open and pours a transparent golden yellow with lots of bubbles and a bright white head which climbs 2 fingers high and then quickly diminishes. smells of an American light adjunct lager, a hint of yeast but mainly rice and corn smells, also hints of flowery scents. Tastes pretty decent for an adjunct beer, sweet with heavy notes of grain and cereal. the carbonation is just right, but maybe a bit too intense, giving the beer a kick when you pour back a big sip of it. very bland and average I must say though, nothing stands out to me in the flavor. Mouthfeel is nice... Cold, sweet, and bubbly. I rated a 4 for drinkablity because it is definately a beer that just about anybody could enjoy a few or more of without getting bogged down and full too quickly. overall not bad, I think this would be a good beer drink anytime but probably wont be very enjoyable without pizza or something to add a little flavor between sips.

09-28-2010 22:41:50 | More by Tundruth