Bud Light - Anheuser-Busch

awful

Anheuser-Busch visit their website
Missouri, United States

Light Lager |  4.20% ABV

(Beer added by: BeerAdvocate on 08-22-2001)
Sort by:  Usefulness | Recent | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Bud Light Alström Bros

KidRagnarok, Nov 15, 2011

garuda, Nov 14, 2011

justintcoons, Nov 14, 2011

Sachsenfreude, Nov 14, 2011
1.6/5  rDev -13.5%
look: 1.5 | smell: 2 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 1.5

Enjoyed this 12oz bottle out of a pint glass.

A: Pours a pale straw hue with a 2-finger fluffy head that quickly dissipates and ends in a minimal lacing.

S: Not much here - mild malts and grains.

T: Again - not much here - mild malt and grains - not much flavor.

M: Light body and medium carbonation.

O: So, like most craft beer drinkers - this just doesn't cut it for me. If there is nothing else - i'll drink it - but it really tastes like a water beer.

ckollias, Nov 10, 2011
2.42/5  rDev +30.8%

I've had Bud Light countless times, but I'll review it based on having it about an hour ago. It was on-tap at a local bar, served in a standard pint glass. I'm reviewing it compared to other light lagers.

Appearance: Kind of ugly. Just a pale straw yellow with a one-finger head that quickly dissipates. Literally no lacing left on the glass as I drank.

Smell: Also unimpressive. Just smells of adjuncts like rice and mainly corn, with a bit of metallicness. No hops or anything else detected.

Taste: It's a bit better than the smell, I guess, simply because it doesn't taste as metallic as it smells. Other than that, it's pretty bland, with a barely noticeable corn taste. Very watery.

Mouthfeel: An average mouthfeel for a light lager, I suppose. Light/medium carbonation and a very light body makes it an easy drinker. Just average for the style.

Overall: A below average offering of a light lager, but definitely not terrible if you like minimal flavor and easy drinkability.

CowsCanBark, Nov 09, 2011
1.23/5  rDev -33.5%

This is the beer you drink when you are already drunk as my friend has said. The taste is only unique in that it has absolutely no uniquness. I found this beer a waste of time, money, and brain cells. I suggest buying a Heineken is your looking for cheaper mass produced beer, stay away from this vacuum of taste.

dunit697, Nov 08, 2011
2.05/5  rDev +10.8%

It's bud light. What do you expect? It serves its purpose from time to time, mainly during or tailgating sporting events and when playing drinking games like beer pong.

For some reason, when I think about what beer tastes like, bud light is immediately what comes to mind. Probably from sneaking sips from my dad's can when I was young and being disgusted by the sharp bitterness that beer is to an untrained palate. In hindsight, that statement seems almost ridiculous as this beer is as close to water as beer can possibly be. There is no taste, no characteristic that defines this beer. It simply is and I'll continue to drink it in the manner I listed above.

robboyd, Nov 06, 2011

Wazzz Up? Time to review the BUD LIGHT.

We all have had the bud light here is my honest opinion of this beer.

A: Do not blink while pouring this beer or else you will miss her in all her glory. NO HEAD NO LACING. light pale gold in color.

S:Piss and Grain

T: Sweet Grain

M: C'mon it is the most drinkable beer in the world? Pssstttt!

O: I will drink this beer again. I am not going to lie to you.

sweett3k, Nov 04, 2011
1.73/5  rDev -6.5%

Poured from 12oz can into a pint glass

A: Golden, light and very bubbly. Gives a one finger white head which dissipates quickly

S: Some light faint hops, light malts, nothing really impressive

T: Meh. Carboanted water with a slight taste of hops. Strange finish on this one too.

M: Very carbonated and light. It's kind of embarrassing that they can label this beer. I guess technically it's correct

O: Wouldn't buy it, I guess I would drink it if offered and desperate but not gonna give my money to bud

DividedAvery, Nov 02, 2011
1.83/5  rDev -1.1%

disclaimer:i don't *set out* to review AALs, but occasionally decide to review one if it's leftover after a party (as is the case a present), because, well, it's there... i also figure in order to have a broad beer experience you need to sample from all over the spectrum. that said...

12oz can served in a standard pint glass.

an fairly aggressive pour from the can yields a quickly dissipating finger or so of a spirtzy, fizzy head. body is bell-clear, light golden-yellow in color.

nose is just... absent. the only thing that saves this score from a 1 is it's not outright repulsive - tough to pull off offensive when there's nothing there. (unless of course you consider an odorless beer offensive, in which case you might have a point.) very muted notes of corn.

taste is actually a slight improvement, which still isn't saying much. mostly corn/grainy. no real hops presence to speak of. clean finish. light bodied, crisp mouthfeel.

overall, i am not enjoying this and think it pretty much sucks as a beer. it's not overtly offensive and thus i could conceivable see myself drinking one at say a beach if offered for free.

perrymarcus, Oct 30, 2011
1.2/5  rDev -35.1%

Poured out of a pint can into a pint glass

Color is an extremely pale gold. Kind of looks like dirty water. An aggressive pour yields a thin soapy head that quickly fades.

What little smell there is reminds me of cooked vegetable/stale corn

There is hardly any taste present. A very light corn taste followed by an odd sourness on the finish. An extremely watery taste with very prickly carbonation.

This is the first bud light I have had in a long long time and honestly, it tastes like seltzer water. There are a few light beers I do enjoy like hudy delight, old milwaukee light, and high life light. This one, however, is borderline nasty. For the life of me I do not understand how this is the number one selling beer in the US.

rangerred, Oct 25, 2011
2.25/5  rDev +21.6%
look: 1.5 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 2

Poured from 12oz can into pint glass (dirtiest my pint glass has ever been)

A- Very light yellowish with pale white bubbly head that doesn't stick around very long

S- It smells like.. Shitty water? Not a lot of aroma but the ones I am smelling aren't good

T- Pretty bad but it could be worse. Honestly the watery-ness helps this beer out a lot. I'd much rather have a watered down beer than a beer that "has more [shitty] taste"

M- It feels like drinking a pop which is fine with me

O- Bad yes but it could be much worse (see miller lite)

pschul4, Oct 25, 2011
1.45/5  rDev -21.6%
look: 1.5 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 1 | overall: 1.5

Used to drink this regularly so I had to try again.

Light gold color with a soapy white head that disappeared very quickly.
Smell is very grainy and can smell some adjunct, no hop smell.
Taste follows the smell grainy with no hop taste although it could be refreshing on a very hot summer day.
Mouthfeel is very watery.
Overall not sure why I ever drank this but oh well.

homebrewer88, Oct 21, 2011
2.13/5  rDev +15.1%

from a 16 0z can

A- light yellow with an ok white head no lacing crystal clear..but this is what it is supposed to look like

S- wet rice and malt

T- adjunct tastes,rice corn and malt

M- fizzy carbonation,crisp on the palate,not bad but little taste

O- good if you are at the beach in 100 degree sun but otherwise skip it

gatornation, Oct 20, 2011
3.53/5  rDev +90.8%

Pale straw color with no lasting stark white, foamy head.

Very carbonated, light, watery, crisp and refreshing.

The aroma is a faint typical macro lager smell with more rice character due to the rice adjuncts versus corn.

It tastes of carbonated water, and faint barely malt. Maybe a slight bit of rice and generalized grains, but pretty bready all the way through.

This is one of the better light beers. Hell, this beer was even three months past it's expiration date and it still tasted good.

Coors Light has much more flavor than this, but this isn't necessarily bad because of that fact.

I would like to say, however, that this beer does taste better in a bottle than a can. With most other macro beers, it doesn't ever make a difference to me. But with any product from Anheuser-Busch, their beers always taste much better from a bottle than a can.

For a light beer, this is surely at the top of the list, although there are more flavorful light beers.

JoLight, Oct 14, 2011
2.45/5  rDev +32.4%

Should add that serving type was shot gunning at the football game. Come on - its much better than Natty Light, haha.

Taste: minimal

But on a side note - I always have in frig for my non "beer" friends. I love good beer - some people just don't.

byteme94, Oct 09, 2011
2.53/5  rDev +36.8%

This is not a beer that I buy when I'm wanting good beer. This is the beer I buy when I am getting ready to watch a sporting event (football) and need something cheap that goes down like water all the while still helping me feel the effects of alcohol!

travisnd, Oct 07, 2011
1.65/5  rDev -10.8%

I knew one day it would come to this. I'm out of beer and had a few buddies over. Wouldn't you know it nothing to drink but the bud light they brought over. Crap beer is better than no beer at all right? We'll find out--the following is my best attempt at an unbiased review of bud light.

This was the old "go to" beer in college. Pours like a coke with a big white "coca-cola" head which recedes to nothing. You really want to know what this stuff looks like...it looks like I pissed in a glass. I haven't had this stuff in a long time and you know what?...it reminds me of a really bad sake. I really can taste rice. It attempts to have a bite with its carbonation but fails miserably.

Sorry guys but I'm gonna be a beer snob and elect to not drink any more of this crap for the sake of my beer karma.

xuptygm, Oct 07, 2011