Bud Light - Anheuser-Busch

awful

Anheuser-Busch visit their website
Missouri, United States

Light Lager |  4.20% ABV

(Beer added by: BeerAdvocate on 08-22-2001)
Sort by:  Usefulness | Recent | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Bud Light Alström Bros
1.5/5  rDev -18.9%

A- Extremely light yellow with a tiny head which immediately fades, showing lots of carbonation bubbles. Looks unappetizing.

S- Yuck, what is coming through? Oh, it's metallic corn and rice. I was mistaken in believing this was going to smell like beer.

T- Yeah, like the smell but at least the metal doesn't seem as pronounced. In fact the flavor is so weak it becomes nearly bearable.

M- At least there was a lot of carbonation, but all around its watery with a thin syrup note, as if someone had watered down a much thicker beer.

D- Well I didn't pour this one out but it was consumed very slowly, more as it was something to do than because it was actually enjoyable.

Guden, Mar 21, 2011
1.5/5  rDev -18.9%
look: 1.5 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 1.5

Bought this at my first Devils game. Only got it because I had never tried it before and I thought maybe it'd be worth trying. Totally wasn't worth 7 bucks that's for sure.

Yellow in color, flavor is very minimal, absolutely nothing else to really say about this brew other than it's got a slight sweetness to it which is nice I suppose. I never need to have this beer again.

Knapp85, Mar 20, 2011
1.4/5  rDev -24.3%

A: Pours clear with a slight yellow straw color to it. Two finger white soapy head that disappeared fast.

S: Nope....hardly noticeable smell of sweetness.

T: Tasted like water soaked with various grains.

M: Light body...medium carb.

O: Power of advertising is evident here. Nobody drinks this for the taste...nobody.

Brunite, Mar 18, 2011
1.83/5  rDev -1.1%

not gonna bother with serving type,
Im not the type to bash beers, for a company so successful, they can be given at least a respectable unbiased review, true beer drinkers are quick to bash american light lagers, but some are good for certain times, i cant sit at a game and throw back IPAs, or bourbon aged beers, but a light lager with a hot dog and peanuts on a hot day isnt so bad. Im a big beer pong fan, wont play with a $20 bottle of brooklyn black ops, now a review

Very pale yellow, white foamy head that can fade quick, light body mostly cause of using sugar and rice to keep the ABV up, the only way i can descibe the aroma is "beer" hops are faint just to make it enough to call it beer, This beer is only good for a real hot day at the game, or cheap to use for games to drink fast.Bud Light is not my favorite of cheap american beer though

Outchillen, Mar 16, 2011
1.08/5  rDev -41.6%

What can I say about this beer that hasn't been said already....

This beer looks, smells, and tastes something terrible and felt like I was getting drunk from can after can of water!!! The only use I can possibly think of getting such an offensive beer is for drinking games and even then I think its a bad idea.

Next time I find nothing but Bud lights at a party I'm sticking to soda or anything that actually tastes good.

Meeseface, Mar 15, 2011
1.53/5  rDev -17.3%

I had a couple left over from a party, so I decided to give this a review. Very pale yellowish color, with small amount of head. Almost no smell. There wasn't much taste to speak of either - just a very bland, watery taste of alcohol. It was drinkable in the sense that it was crisp and flavorless, but I surely wouldn't actually enjoy drinking one.

Aside for a cheap beer to give the unwashed masses for use in drinking games, I don't see any real use for Bud Light.

livewire05, Mar 14, 2011

This beer stole my virginity. Before I knew what it could mean to imbibe fermented yeast, grains, hops and water, I was given this manufactured concoction of chemicals, adjuncts and pure evil in a can.

It ravaged my olfactory system, raped my taste buds, stole my innocence, and left me without so much as a farewell buzz. It made me think I was incapable of love and it wasn't until years later that discovered there was indeed kindness, compassion, happiness in the world; that I found out there was indeed flavor, complexity, nuance in brew.

I hope one day it follows the demise of fascism, communism and slavery; things which have brought only pain and suffering into this world.

sentomaster, Mar 13, 2011
2.15/5  rDev +16.2%

Served out of a chilled tankard.

Ok so I had a budlight lying around in the fridge from last summer. No...I didnt buy it..someone brought it into my house without me knowing about it. Figured I would give it a review.

Color is a clean light golden color.

Has very little if no aroma.

Its been a while since I have had one of these...taste is watery with no identifiable notes of any kind...my poor taste buds...

It does finish clean though...brings me back to my keg party days...

BeerBoss, Mar 10, 2011
1.55/5  rDev -16.2%

Served via can into a pint glass.

A - Pours pale yellow with a one finger tall white head leaving no lacing down the glass.

S - Smells like flavored water. Little to no hops, malt, barley, ect. to speak of.

T - Very light body. Very similar to the nose with little to no hops or malt at all. The only detectable hops seem to be the faint bitterness that is only noticeable thanks to the prickly carbonation. Finish is really nothing at all. Easily one of the worst beers out there.

M - Light body and flavor with moderate carbonation. Crisp feel with not much of anything lingering in the finish.

D - Sure I could pound a few of these but why would I want to? If I wanted to drink water I would.

orangesol, Mar 09, 2011
1.45/5  rDev -21.6%

Bud lite...how do I describe you in a constructive manner?

Starting with color...there really is none, light yellow, closer to water.

Taste...similar to the color in that there is no flavor. Water tastes more pleasant.

Aroma...none.

Drinkability....it's always on special "everywhere", but I usually abstain from drinking if that's all there is.

Another example of why you should leave brewing to micro breweries.

dragonclan15, Mar 08, 2011
2.25/5  rDev +21.6%

Pours a creamy white 2 finger head, which diminishes quickly to a thin ring around the top. Clear, pale straw body, not much lacing. Smell is not unpleasant, light grain. Although I've been drinking this for years, I never really examined the taste: there's not much there. Mouthfeel is very light, watery. Good thirst quencher that goes down easily, but as I said, not much taste.

WVRadar, Mar 07, 2011
2.03/5  rDev +9.7%

Haters gonna hate, but I actually like a nice Bud light occasionally. That is attributed to the fact that we grew up drinking Natural Light and then graduated to Bud Light once we had a bit more money. When going for drunk, it is usually my go to beer because it is cheap and I think it is better than Coors Light and Miller Light.

It looks like water with a slight yellow tint and smells pretty bad. It tastes just about the same, but I am not ever expecting to be wowed. It is not a well crafted beer, but "it will get ya drunk".

JohnnyS17, Mar 05, 2011
1.6/5  rDev -13.5%

Yes! Is Bud Light one of the worst beers in the world? Yes! Do I get to drink it for two dollars on tap even in NYC? Yes!

This is the best part of cheap beer at the Village Pourhouse on Restaurant Row. First time here, and they have some really solid beer classes apparently - plus they win on Twitter. And there's free drinks from Ocean Spray? I suppose I can forgive the weak craft beer selection.

But this is about Bud Light. The headless yellow straw zero carbonation worse as it warms American hegemonic production. Smells impossible. Does it smell? I guess it doesn't smell BAD. It doesn't taste BAD, though for the life of me I can only taste water and maybe half a hop somewhere. That's it.

Honestly, water is more drinkable and feels better on the mouth. This is just semi-palatable if I want to get drunk, waste calories, and forget about what I'm tasting.

Or if I want a two dollar beer in NYC.

But let's not do that to ourselves, people. This beer nearly fails on all accounts at being beer. Two dollars is too much.

afksports, Mar 04, 2011
1.6/5  rDev -13.5%
look: 1.5 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 2

Poured from the 12oz bottle into a pint glass. Fizzy, palest possible straw color, almost clear. Aroma is very sweet, almost like corn flakes, with a touch of astringency. Palate is, um, lacking. Acrid, slightly chalky, and bitter (but not hoppy), with some weird adjunct malt sweetness. Why do people drink this? I guess the light body makes it go down relatively easy. Blech.

ElGordo, Feb 27, 2011
1.73/5  rDev -6.5%

Can

El Mercado Market
San Marcos, CA

A very light straw color. Huge foaming white head that falls away quickly. Leaves some lacing down the glass, although you can tell this beer was never meant to be poured in one.

Very little aroma whatsoever. Smells a bit like bread or corn but that might be my imagination. There certainly isn't much.

The taste follows the nose which means there isn't much here at all. No bitterness, very little malt, a bit of rice or bread but this isn't much different than water.

The mouthfeel is similar to water, and I no longer want to drink this.

ehammond1, Feb 26, 2011
1.48/5  rDev -20%

12oz bottle from my good friend Jesse13713... poured, appropriately, into a Schlitz Light goblet.

A: Pours a thin but somehow not totally clear thin light yellow color. A little bit of pure white head that dissipates quickly.

S: Almost no aroma, a bit of indiscriminate sweetness comes through. Not good.

T: Light corn syrup style sweetness, a bit of a ricy backbone. Nothing to be proud of here; this is purely an alcohol delivery mechanism.

M: Like carbonated water, chalky finish.

D: Not totally awful, as it goes down like water; it might be slightly more drinkable than Pepsi. Still, no desire to ever pay money for this (and in this instance, I'm glad that someone else did).

AwYeh, Feb 26, 2011
2.83/5  rDev +53%

A: Pale amber in color, head explodes in a frothy torrent, only to fade immediately. Lacing is pathetic, but clarity is good.

S: Creamed corn, a touch of green apples, and cereal.

T: Dry, more creamed corn, apples, and corn flakes.

M: Light, clean, and mildly carbonated.

D: Not a good beer, but certainly not the worst out there. It definitely does its job well; it's light, refreshing, and amazingly sessionable.

Avagadro, Feb 23, 2011
1.43/5  rDev -22.7%

Leftover 12oz can given to me by mjyoung and bbb099 so that I wouldn't have to buy this tick.

A: I've had my fair share of BMC beers, but this has got to be the lightest shade of pale yellow I've ever seen. The bone white head really frothed up after the pour but then quickly fizzed away into a faint bubbly collar. There are a few tiny spots of lace left down my glass, if you could call it that.
S: What notes are there are vaguely sweet and full of adjunct flavors. I get notes of rice, grain husk and maybe just the faintest hint of earthy hops (although this may just be in my head).
T: Tastes like a watery bowl of cereal. There really is nothing here. For some reason the sweetness to the aftertaste reminds me of fruit, maybe melon, but not in a good way.
M: Body is exceptionally thin and fizzy and the mouth is pretty dry. Feels like seltzer water on my palate.
D: I don't knock beers of this style just because I never want to drink them, I try to review every beer to style. And every style, no matter how unattractive, should have a "best in style." However, this beer is definitely not it. In fact it's probably at the bottom of the barrel. Why anyone would consider this a decent beverage is beyond me.

scottfrie, Feb 23, 2011
1.2/5  rDev -35.1%

Only picked this up because I havent had it in a long time and it was in a cool looking St. Patrick's Day aluminum bottle.

Appearance - The lightest and most transparent beer I've ever seen. It looks like I combined 95% water with 5% apple juice in a glass. Pours with a decent head that fades away in seconds flat. No lacing or froth remains at all. Average carbonation.

Smell - It just smells like dirty dishwater. No presence of hops or ethanol. It just plain smells dirty.

Taste - Like the smell: dirty. It tastes like water with flavoring. The attractive bottle design couldn't save this one. A very unpleasant malty aftertaste. I'm wasting calories on this one.

Mouthfeel / Drinkability - I really tried to enjoy this for what it is. But it was impossible. Bud light is my least favorite American Adjunct Lager. It lacks taste. Not just some taste. Any taste. But apparently that's how the majority of people like their alcohol these days. I will never try this again; even if they have a bright metallic orange bottle for halloween. I'm only out $1.29 or so. But I wish I could get it back. Sorry to be so harsh; but this beer just isn't worthy of anything more.

Jesse13713, Feb 23, 2011
1.8/5  rDev -2.7%

A-light gold, almost clear. decent amount of white head. a lot of bubbles and carbonation

S-smells like nothing. maybe some rice malts...maybe

T-tastes like nothing. maybe some rice malts...maybe. it is smooth thought..this might be why the commoners like it. there are no negative tastes though

M-strong and creamy carbonation with a champagne like finish though not dry.

D-well something about it makes me want to vomit. its ABV is low, yet i bet i drink more 90 minutes without getting sick.

AdamBear, Feb 21, 2011
2.88/5  rDev +55.7%

A: Very pale yellow; small head that faded fast. Looks like your average run of the mill adjunct light beer, and this is the king of them.

S: Nearly no smell whatsoever. Can barely make out the smell of hops along with faint grains.

T: Taste is almost non-existant. Extremely watered down Budweiser, which also tastes watered down. Faint hints of green grape/apple. Not exactly the sure sign of a good time to be drinking lightly flavored carbonated tap water, but then again this isn't a brew to savor. Party/sports event beer.

M: Very light. Throwing back a case would be a simple task. Light-moderate carbonation.

D: Excellent drinkability, but that's about the only positive factor of this brew.

This is a great beer to drink on a hot day at the beach or at parties. That's about all that this one has going for it.

HockeytownBrew, Feb 20, 2011
2.08/5  rDev +12.4%

A=Very thin, wispy. straw colored, minimal head, no lacing
S=Light malt and corn
T=It's not repulsive, but its just not...really much taste to speak of. A bit of malt and some bitterness, but its very bland.
M=Light bodied, gets flat near the end.
D=The high point of the beer, it is easily downable.

Pretty bad, even for a BMC. Miller lite is far superior

ramseye4, Feb 19, 2011
1.02/5  rDev -44.9%

I have had bud light many times throughout college and have never cared for this beer. I gave it one more shot the other night and poured it into a frosted mug.

A- It looks like spring water with a little yellow food coloring in it.

S- It really has a foul smell to it.

T-It leaves one of the worst aftertastes in your mouth after you drink it making you not want another drink.

M- Very waterlike and makes you want to burp after a couple.

D- I would rather not drink then to drink more than one of these. The commercials scream drinkability, I scream gross when i drink it.

Dont waste your money on this.

jdspears41, Feb 17, 2011
1.83/5  rDev -1.1%

I had to drink this at a charity event and next time I am going to drink wine.

I don't even know if I can consider this beer anymore.

The flavor is so light it is nearly flavorless. It is almost as if they took all the alcohol out of the grains added that back to the beer and a hint of flavor to try and mast the inproportional amount of grain taste.

Head is almost soda pop like. The color is straw and makes me wonder if they added color back from the barley. Because if you tryed to make this beer on your own, I don't know if it would have much color.

What's the point? Spend the extra money and get some flavor and nutrition out of it.

OttoPeeWee, Feb 17, 2011
1.1/5  rDev -40.5%

APPEARANCE: I have to say, the Bud Light does look refreshing. The light color with a tiny, but very bright, white head makes it look pretty appetizing. That said, what little head there is vanishes almost instantly and there is no lacing at all.

SMELL: I could not smell anything at all. I feel bad giving the smell an "awful" rating, because it wasn't. It just wasn't there at all. That said, I do not think it should earn any points on smell at all, so I will stick with awful.

TASTE: This is a very light beer. The small amount of flavor that is present is sweet and has a hint of corn and maybe sugar.

MOUTHFEEL: The Bud Light I had on tap was not well carbonated and it felt more like drinking water than beer. It offers nothing interesting to the palate.

OVERALL: If I've already had six beers, OK, I can manage to drink one of these, but as a first beer of the night it is simply not worth it to me. I drink beer because I enjoy beer, not because I want to get drunk. I know I'll sound like a beer snob saying this, but I enjoy bitter beer, hoppy beer, strong beer. So the Bud Light tasted like water that had been contaminated to me.

StoneTSR, Feb 16, 2011