Bud Light - Anheuser-Busch

awful

Anheuser-Busch visit their website
Missouri, United States

Light Lager |  4.20% ABV

(Beer added by: BeerAdvocate on 08-22-2001)
View: Beers (79) |  Events
Sort by:  Latest | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Bud Light Alström Bros
Jaguar

This is the best selling beer in America? I recently read that somewhere. The only conclusion I can come to is, on the whole, the majority of American beer drinkers have no taste. It has to be dumbass college kids driving sales of this dreck. This is putrid. I guess it's true: if you repeat a lie long enough, people will believe it.and with their commercials they repeat it ad nauseam.

Appearance- watery yellow
smell- awful
taste- awful
mouthfeel- watery/gassy
drinkability- why would you want to?

I recently picked up a number of different macros looking for one to stretch the budget in times of rediculously inflated beer prices.
this was one. bad choice. I also said in a past review of one of them : 'numerous horrible reviews to follow'. not so. I'm not reviewing anymore of these over hyped, over carbonated, nasty tasting cans of rancid dog piss. so there.
Take that anheuser- busch, and shove your gazillion dollar advertising budget up the south end of a north bound clydesdale.

don't waste your money, they'll just spend it on more stupid commercials,and you'll feel like you've been had.
and you'll be right.

05-17-2008 22:38:11 | More by Jaguar
Cheech22

1.35/5  rDev -26.6%

Bud Light is the Ryan Leaf of brews- the epitome of the epic fail. It's the reason that young Americans are losing interest in beer and that Europeans think we're such jackasses.

Appearance: Yellow and thinly carbonated.

Smell: smell is extremely faint.

Taste: I guess I can see where people are coming from when they say "no taste"- it's undoubtedly weak. On the other hand, I think this stuff tastes awful. It's got a weird saltiness to it like I'm drinking dishwater. Bleh.

Mouthfeel: nothing much to report other than that it is very light bodied and that it makes you want to brush your teeth.

Drinkability: I guess a lot of people might rate this attribute higher because it's so light, but this stuff tastes so bad that I really can't imagine chugging it for a quick thirst-quench, although I guess a lot of people do that.

Bud Light is simultaneously AB's most popular product and one of its worst. Budweiser, on the other hand, is actually not too bad.

05-13-2008 04:42:27 | More by Cheech22
cyrenaica

Ontario (Canada)

1.02/5  rDev -44.6%

473ml can
4.0% ABV

Brewed in Canada by Interbrew's Labatt division

I tried this beer (for the first time ever) on April 14, 2008 after purchasing from one of my local LCBO outlets. The beer pours a very translucent pale yellow (almost clear with yellow food colouring added to give it a tinge of colour). The aroma is weakly malty, with nothing else. The mouthfeel was very thin, watery with little carbonation. The flavour was watery as well, again water with a little bit of artificial beer taste added. I have to admit, while there was nothing spectacular about this beer, it went down very fast.

05-12-2008 02:58:50 | More by cyrenaica
EnojysAnyBeer

Colorado

2.55/5  rDev +38.6%

Got a real good deal on two 24-can cases. Split these cans with friends and the only reason I got this was because they payed.

A- Looked like watery piss in the can

S- Smelled like nothing but maybe some malts

T- Tasted like nothing but maybe some corn and rice malts

M- Felt like stale water. OK carbonation

D- Drinks fine for the price but I wouldn't buy it for myself

P.S.- I don't like light beers

05-05-2008 18:07:42 | More by EnojysAnyBeer
rye726

Colorado

1.08/5  rDev -41.3%

A pale staw color with a tan head. The mell is of old hops and some malt syrup. The taste is similar. Not much different than water. Sparkling yellow water that is. Bitter is the main component. Body is light with a heavy carbonation. Not the most drinkable light beer. Good for cooking perhaps? Pairs well with a NASCAR race.

05-05-2008 17:32:30 | More by rye726
PatrickJR

1.83/5  rDev -0.5%

Poured from 12 oz bottle into nonic pint glass.

A - Very pale yellow, and very clear. Half-inch head that recedes to thin collar with no lacing.

S - What smell? I have a hard time distinguishing anything aside from cereal grain and alcohol.

T - There is virtually no taste to this beer. Faint corn flavors lead to an odd bitterness, and that's about it.

M - Horribly carbonated. I suppose it works considering the rest of this beer's shortcomings, but every 2 sips I need to belch uncontrollably. Thin and watery.

D - If you prefer absolutely tasteless beer, it'd be no problem to knock these back. Otherwise it's a boring flavorless beer. Not exactly bad, but then again it's not exactly anything.

This used to be the beer of choice when I was under 21, but I've found that Bud Light steered me away from beer in general for quite a while. I'm only drinking this one because a buddy left some over here one night. With this being a lot of people's idea of "beer," it's no wonder hardly anyone understands the beverage.

05-02-2008 10:08:27 | More by PatrickJR
bloberglawp

Quebec (Canada)

1.48/5  rDev -19.6%

Alright time to bring my average rating numbers down a little.

They had a party at work, I had a bud light in a glass. Pourred a fizy yellow (suprise) and head dissipated quickly down to nothing, aroma of corn and water, flavor was about as bland as could be, a hint of malt. Sweet flavor and mouthfell, I could not finsh the glass, just plain awful.

05-01-2008 18:33:53 | More by bloberglawp
SchmoTerp

Alabama

1.6/5  rDev -13%
look: 1.5 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 2

It is about as boring of a beer as you can have. I only rate it as I have it in my fridge, leftovers from a party. I find nothing appealing about this beer. I suppose for some, it is the drinkability that makes it so *good*....make no mistake, it is only "drinkable" because it is so weak. There is only a mild hint of any beer flavoring. In fact, at first taste, it feels more like seltzer water than beer. I only get this beer for guests at parties, otherwise, I would never ever buy this. I firmly recommend you walk away from this one in your grocer's beverage aisle.

05-01-2008 00:34:34 | More by SchmoTerp
Portertime

1.75/5  rDev -4.9%
look: 1.5 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 2 | overall: 2.5

Why drink beer that is "good" for you? Talk about a sacrifice in taste. Pours a timid yellow with a laughable head. Smells of water mixed with malt. Tastes just the same. If your at the races, drink this beer until your heart's content. Good for BBQ's also after you light the grill!

04-16-2008 19:40:54 | More by Portertime
bboven

1.98/5  rDev +7.6%

Rated to style.

It's come to this. My bud light review.

Appearance is extremely pale yellow, crystal clear with no head or lacing.

Aroma is cooked sweet corn. Odd, because rice is the adjunct used.

Taste is just not there. I can't taste this beer. The only reason it's a 1.5 is because it doesn't taste awful. It just has no taste.

Mouthfeel is highly carbonated and drying, as it should be.

Big pass. No flavor, barely any color, there's just nothing here.

04-08-2008 22:36:55 | More by bboven
ubermick

1.83/5  rDev -0.5%

I just came from a BBQ over this weekend, where my half case of Deschutes got annihilated in seconds flat, since this was the only other option. Cases and cases of Bud Light...

Drank straight from the bottle - I didn't really bother glassing it, but when it was poured, it has an extremely pale yellow colour, with a weak head that quickly dispersed.

Smell... it's literally the smell of a bar, after everyone has left and gone home. It's extremely watery, with a slight whiff of alcohol and corn?

Taste... Like sex in a canoe. F**king close to water. Most of the "flavour" comes from the carbonation.

Mouthfeel/drinkability... Here's the one area where this "beer" does better - because it's basically soda, you can drink these until your eyeballs start floating. Unfortunately, you're dealing with that taste, like sparkling water with something in it. Just not pleasant at all. A beer when it's quantity over quality.

04-07-2008 18:36:56 | More by ubermick
bltzburgh

1.83/5  rDev -0.5%

Over the years I have had many light beers. College will do that to you. Bud light follows the suite of BUD, over commercialized not very good beer. It makes you railize the power of the media. I love beer and if this was one of the inly choices, I'd drink milk or water. Pours very light with little real flovor. head is crisp yet bland. ranks low as far as light beers

04-05-2008 03:18:06 | More by bltzburgh
DesMoinesMike

Iowa

2.23/5  rDev +21.2%

It's served in every bar in the counrty, sold in every grocery store, and has been tried by every person in America. The question is, why is something that has almost no color, no body, a taste that varies between hose water and horse urine, considered to be America's Beer? The answer, marketing. With a product that's mostly water shot through a fermentation chamber like a coffee percilator, it can be made by the billions of cans. And with this, stuff, being sold everywhere and getting unreasonable amounts of money, thay can afford commercials that brainwash people into thinking this is actually what beer is suppose to be. Sad, very sad.

It has a typical body for a light beer.
The taste can be slightly acidic at times, depending on the batch.
It has a little bit of a wheat smell, although I can only tell the smell when somebody who has had too much of this spills it onto my jeans.

04-04-2008 04:23:05 | More by DesMoinesMike
codyw

1.6/5  rDev -13%
look: 1.5 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 2

A: Very light straw colored

S: Not too pronounced. Slight corn smell, also stale water sort of smell

T: Is someone told me this was gold colored carbonated water I would believe it. There is really no sort of taste. The carbonation adds some bite, but there is no body to balance the taste. There is no real malt profile

M: Feels horrible. It feels thin with some edge to it, and not a nice hoppy edge, but just an over-carbonated to make up for no flavor sort of edge.

D: If you are trying to get drunk then this stuff is cheap and goes
down like slightly contaminated water. You can have a lot and not feel too bloated. I think there are other alternatives to cheap beer that are better, like a yuengling. Its sort of sad that America thinks of this as America's Beer. There is so much more out there.

04-01-2008 07:19:12 | More by codyw
cfriend2

West Virginia

1.83/5  rDev -0.5%

One of my friends recently discovered I have been reviewing beer. He hands me a can of this and says "Review this one, it's the best light beer in America." Okay...

Typcial appearance, taste and smell for this variety of beer. Listed on this site countless times. Very consistent. Very watery and light mouthfeel. It's nothing special, nor is it intended to be. Best light beer in America?? IMO that's not really an achievement. This is cheap and easy, and good if you're thirsty. But guess what? Water is also good if you're thirsty.

03-26-2008 15:29:10 | More by cfriend2
burnstar

1.9/5  rDev +3.3%

Pours very pale straw with a big head which dissipates leaving little lacing. Typical macro aroma. Grassy and corn. Taste is very weak. Adjuncts and a whisper of hops. Watery really. Not terribly offensive but not at all good. Extremely light mouthfeel but you wouldn't want this to be heavy. Overall about what you would expect.

03-22-2008 00:58:26 | More by burnstar
VaTechHopHead

2.03/5  rDev +10.3%

So, Bud Light....everybody has tried it at some point in time. I had it for the first time in a long time the other night (I know A-B employees so I'm forced to drink it when I'm around them) and my opinion hasn't changed much. It's easy to slug as long as it's cold but let it warm up and you might as well water somebodies plants that you don't like. If you're over the age of 24 and/or not in college...find a new "normal" life is too short.

03-20-2008 22:39:16 | More by VaTechHopHead
hwwty4

Missouri

2.58/5  rDev +40.2%

I haven't had a Bud Light in about 6 months and a friend of mine left this bottle at my house, so I figured it was about time for me to review it. If anything Bud Light is a pretty beer. I poured this into a Blue Moon pint glass and it pours a light crystal clear straw with huge carbonation bubbles that cause a big, white, frothy head. Aroma is non-existent. All you can get it just a slight hint of corn, otherwise it's like sticking your nose in a glass of water. I really don't like the taste of Bud Light. Not because it's flavorless but because I think it tastes like banana Laughy Taffy. Mouthfeel is as thin as it gets. The best thing about a Bud Light is its drinkability. Easy to pound on a hot day or when your playing beer pong.

03-20-2008 20:40:13 | More by hwwty4
Gehrig

1.38/5  rDev -25%

I grabbed this at my wife's boss's house, since it was left over. It should have stayed that way. The body was a clear light gold, with a finger of thin white head that left no lacing on the glass. What smell and taste there was consisted of sweet corn malt. Otherwise, it was bereft of flavor and complexity. Thin and quick to flatten, this was horrible. One of the bottom-dwelling beers I've ever had.

Disgusting.

03-13-2008 22:39:28 | More by Gehrig
bgramer

Washington

1.48/5  rDev -19.6%
look: 1 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 1.5

This abomination of a beer should be banned from all public events. I know I'm dreaming, but their marketing prowess leave me little choice when I'm out at an event.

Pours a pale golden color. The head is thick and foamy - very aggressive. Not much flavor - I can't really taste much maltiness - probably due to the concentrated recipe extracts. It's watery and the carbonation is overpowering.

Avoid this beer at all costs unless this is the only option you have.

03-13-2008 16:29:01 | More by bgramer
ckeegan04

1.83/5  rDev -0.5%

Was out with some friends at some dive in Texas and they loved BL. They were buying and I was broke, so I couldnt complain at the time.

A - Almost clear faint yellow color. Little head and no lacing.

S - Does it have a smell? I guess a faint smell of the malt but definitely not string enough to place.

T - Rather dry with just a hint of sweetness. A bit of cooked grain and a clean, lightly bitter finish.

D/M - Over carbonated and rather thin. Not much else going on. Simple, mindless beer.

03-12-2008 18:25:27 | More by ckeegan04
Spidey13

Kentucky

2.53/5  rDev +37.5%

So, my wife got a promotion today and we decided to celebrate by going to whatever restaurant she wanted. Of course, a nice beer list is not one of her priorities so we ended up at a place with no craft beers at all. So, on a whim, I decided to order a Bud Light, which I used to drink before I was into craft beer to see what I thought about it now. Here are the results:

This Bud Light was served to me in a 25 oz. mug. It was yellow and fizzy, as the good folks at Stone Brewing would say. Absolutely no head on top. Not much odor on the nose except some grainy corn. I was surprised to detect a slight hint of sweetness at the beginning of each sip. However, that was quckly overtaken by the corny graininess and then that, too, was quickly washed away by the high, fizzy carbonation. The carbonation actually created a decent mouthfeel. Overall, Bud Light wasn't as bad as I expected it to be this time but I doubt I will be drinking it again any time soon unless it is free at a party or something.

03-11-2008 02:32:07 | More by Spidey13
albern

1.43/5  rDev -22.3%

How or why do people drink this crap. I was visiting a relative who had a bottle of this in the fridge. Why not, I'll do a beer review of a beer I wouldn't dream of purchasing on its own. The look is pale, plenty of carbonation, and a pure white slightly frothy head. The smell isn't that bad, a little dextrous, plenty of diacetyl, some cooked vegetables. Largely inoffensive smell. And then there is the taste. Man, is this bad. Straw, cooked vegetables until the utter sinews of the plants have been boiled down to the quick, no hops, and I mean none. There is an ugly malty sweetness, plenty of water and lightness, and this just doesn't taste like beer. This is going down the drain quickly. Avoid, unless you want to punish your tastebuds or see how the other half lives.

03-09-2008 21:42:47 | More by albern
woodychandler

1.83/5  rDev -0.5%

Under most circumstances, can kick or no can kick, I would be embarrassed to have this in my refrigerator. In this case, however, they had released 75th Anniversary bottle-cans for the Pittsburgh Steelers and I bought two, one each for me and one for my teetotaling buddy.

It poured with an initially big, foamy, bone-white head, but it experienced low retention. The color was a really light lemon-yellow with NE-quality clarity. It struck me as too light and too clear to hold out much hope. The nose had an unusually sweet quality that I could not put my finger on. Still, it was going to be much too sweet for my liking. The mouthfeel was light, airy, I felt like I was drinking liquid cotton. There was very little flavor on the tongue. It was so watery and tasteless that in a blind taste test with bottled water, I doubt that I could tell them apart. This is what I had been drinking in the navy when I was MUCH younger?!? Swill! The finish had a light sweetness, but it just seemed like it had been completely stripped of anything that might even be loosely construed as taste. I'll keep the bottle-can and pass the other to my buddy, but I would not recommend this mess to my worst enemy.

03-09-2008 02:51:30 | More by woodychandler
pwoods

1.18/5  rDev -35.9%

Tried a 12oz. can that I stole from a buddy during the recent UFC fight. Most of my friends are used to me bringing over 'weird beer' but man did I get some weird looks when I grabbed a bud light, poured it into a glass and started scratching notes, lol.

A: Bright straw yellow with perfect clarity. Lots of lightly carbonation pulls up a big head but it fizzes out quickly. A touch of lacing to start then nothing.

S: Super sweet smelling corn and carbonation.

T/M: Pretty much the same. Isn't bud made from rice? Tastes like grainy corn. Carbonation keeps things light but makes ya burp way too much.

D: I'd normally give something of this style a bit of a break with the drinkability since it's so light and easy to drink... but I don't want to drink this. This is probably the worst of the worst. I did, however, enjoy another one later in the evening. This beer is only good for Louisville Chugger. Man, I did not respect beer that night, lol.

03-08-2008 03:38:01 | More by pwoods