Bud Light - Anheuser-Busch

Anheuser-Busch visit their website
Missouri, United States

Light Lager |  4.20% ABV

Beer added by: BeerAdvocate on 08-22-2001

Sort by:  Recent | Likes | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Bud Light Alström Bros

It looks good, but the foam looks fake. All of the bubbles are uniform and aren't very small.

The smell is like popcorn. It smells cheap.

The taste is lacking.

There exists no mouthfeel.

Overall, it sucks.

Riga dig dig dig dig rigga dig dig deer

1.85/5  rDev 0%
look: 2.5 | smell: 2 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 2.5

Pours a pale yellow-gold with lots of fizz. Incredibly clear. The head was short-lived and fizzy, though there's some decent lacing.

Aroma is faintly grainy, and a bit metallic after a few whiffs.

Clean and watery beer spritzer. Cooked rice. No hops, no malt flavor. No redeeming qualities really other than that it quenches. Thin, seltzer-like carbonation. If you must drink it, make sure it's as cold as possible.

This is not beer by my standards. However, it is remarkable how consistently bland, clean and sterile the Anheuser-Busch products are.

1.25/5  rDev -32.4%

2.5/5  rDev +35.1%
look: 2.5 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 2.5

In a pint glass and a pilsener:

A: pale gold body with a thin soapy head that quickly fades

S: corn, rice, dull vegetable-ness

T: sweet but gets sour and bland as it gets warm

M: light (lives up to its style, right?), no aftertaste but a light sweet mostly watery finish, harsh all over the mouth

O: just not much there, I'm trying to understand why this is the best rated beer in America. Hmmm . . . I'm hoping the economy will get better so people can try better stuff.

As I poured out the pee colored liquid in to my plastic cup, I knew I was in for something really "special".

Then after one sip of the flavorless liquid, I knew I was someplace that I knew I never wanted to return to again.

I then quickly handed it back to my host and traded it for a glass of ice water which had a much better color, smell and taste.

On a serious note, I rated this one across the board only because that was as low as I could go.

1.75/5  rDev -5.4%

I tried this on Thanksgiving while watching college football with a few buddies. I have no idea what it looked like because I drank it from the can. Overall, carbonation was medium, but there was no hop or malt flavors. It was very watery. It is just crap. Don't was your money, it is worth paying a little more for a better brew. My guess is to why everyone drinks this is the price and multi-million $ ads that keep this brand in peoples' minds.

Bud Light from Anheuser-Busch