1. Extreme Beer Fest tickets go on sale Sat, Sep 27 @ Noon EDT.

Bud Light - Anheuser-Busch

Bud LightBud Light

awful

awful

Anheuser-Busch visit their website
Missouri, United States

Light Lager |  4.20% ABV

(Beer added by: BeerAdvocate on 08-22-2001)
Sort by:  Usefulness | Recent | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Bud Light Alström Bros
1.6/5  rDev -13.5%

Poured into a Sam Adams Perfect Pint Glass (my apoligies to the Boston Beer Company). This beer is an extreme pale yellow color. It pours with a white fizzy head that goes away very quickly. Your talking extreme clarity for this beer, not very impressive. The smell isn't strong, but still pretty bad. A hay smell, maybe a little barleyesque, and that's about it. It smells like it's "skunked" not very pleasant. The taste also smells like it went bad, like it went rotten and even sour. The mouthfeel is the worst in my opinion. It has a bitter finish, but not in the good hoppy way it goes flat pretty quickly as well. The taste and mouthfeel make it not drinkable at all in my. I tried to be open minded because I'm not generally a fan of light beer, but I've had far better low alcohol beer than this. I'm glad I didn't have to buy this, it was just left over from a get together. I probably haven't had one since college, now I remember why.

AndyAvalanche, Jun 04, 2010
2.6/5  rDev +40.5%

See my reviews for Miller Lite and Coors Light to get an idea. And I find it hard to believe anyone on this website needs to read a review of the number 1 selling beer in America.

It pours a straw like yellow with a white foam head. Taste is metallic, grassy, with a very very subtle malt/rice sweetness. Incredibly light body with heaps of carbonation. Standard American light lager.

kneeland, May 31, 2010
2.17/5  rDev +17.3%

Figured I'd rate one of America's most popular beers and try to give it an objective review.

The first thing I noticed during the pour was the extremely vibrant carbonation. The liquid is very thin, with little to no body and a miniscule white head. I can't remember the last time I had a beer that looked like this and it's surprising to see something that looks so much like water with food coloring.

Scent of grain, canned vegetables, yeast and a mild metallic aroma are present. The smell is faint enough to not be totally offensive, but it's not very pleasant.

Flavor profile is pretty limited when cold. As it warms, a buttery sweetness peaks out in the conclusion, accompanied by cereal, hints of grain and corn.

It's actually a little tough to pinpoint characteristics of this beer due to its thin body. Also, a certain astringency is present, which takes away from the experience.

That being said, if you were at a cookout and this was the only thing in the cooler, you'd probably throw a few down the hatch.

deapokid, May 30, 2010
1.4/5  rDev -24.3%
look: 1.5 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 1

granted, this is my least favorite beer of all time, but it is gross. It tastes like chalk and does not sit well with me, i can barely get it down, and definitely not enjoy it. They claim this has "drinkability" it does not. i find natty to be easier to drink than this. sorry but just not my beer at all.

cbmatt, May 28, 2010
1.75/5  rDev -5.4%
look: 2.5 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 2

355ml can poured into pint glass may 27 2010

A clear very pale straw yellow with decent carbonation feeding a very short lived bone white head that left no lace

S faint adjuncts and that's about it

T very little going on here some candy corn perhaps

M quite thin but enough carbonation to fluff it up a bit

D what little smell and taste it has is rather poor so its easy not to enjoy

Q: How is Bud Light similar to having sex on a boat?
A: Their both fucking close to water

wordemupg, May 28, 2010
2.4/5  rDev +29.7%

Appearance - Looks like piss

Smell - smells like what you would think of when you smell a shitty beer.

Taste - Tastes like beer, its not bad but is good for the beach. I think it tastes the same as busch light, for 6 bucks more i would rather get busch than this overpriced piss.

Mouthfeel - goes down easy, good carbonation, a thirst quencher

Drinkability - Very easy to drink, its not something to enjoy, its main purpose is to drink as many as you can. would only recommend if you're partying or at the beach and can drink plenty since after you drink one you can't stop until you're signing sweet caroline at the top of your lungs

jmarvin4189, May 27, 2010

Appearance: Piss yellow in color, slight carbonation, heavy although quickly dissipating head

Smell: like stale beer

Taste: like stale beer, little flavor at all

Mouthfeel: Like a light soda

Drinkability: no flavor, no aromas, not drinkable

This is the worst of the macro light beers in my opinion. You might as well go with Keystone if you're playin drinking games or cooking out. For the beer that sells the most in the U.S., it is horrible.

aasher, May 26, 2010
2.03/5  rDev +9.7%

It's Bud Light what more can one really say.
It's cheap, available, and easy to drink.

The color is a light amber and this taste is very mild.

One of my friends loves this beer and whenever I introduce him to a new beer he always asks me to compare it to Bud Light.
Really the beer isn't that bad when your hot and tired and just want something cold to drink but other than that I can think of plenty of other better beers to choose from.

Giaach, May 25, 2010

12oz can poured into a disgusted gullet.

Pours the color of fizzy piss. It's bland and yellow. The nose is like skunky funk vomit and water.

Taste. Litterally this is like bland water. Why would you drink this? Because you hate beer and yourself. Skip this shit!

kingcrowing, May 22, 2010
1.53/5  rDev -17.3%

Bud light is probably one of the worst beers out there but everyone drinks it because it is cheap. This beer is probably only being drank by college kids and high schoolers and without them bud light would probably lose 1/2 of the people that actually drink it. If you want to actually taste a good beer or enjoy a beer then dont drink bud light. if you dont care if your beer tastes like water and just want to get drunk then go ahead this buds for you.

DJSteadman, May 17, 2010
2.73/5  rDev +47.6%

Bud Light is apparently the most consumed beer on earth. So I decided to review it. I got a 16 oz can at the gas station.

I filled a pilsner glass with the bud and was not impressed. It has a very pale yellow color with minimal head. It has a corny cereal smell. It has a corny taste also. I can hardly taste hops but there is a little bit. It feels like seltzer water in the mouth.

I constantly find myself drinking bud light at parties. It's good for getting you drunk, but that's about all it's good for. I have gotten insanely drunk off bud light. It's so watery you hardly notice you are drinking a beer. If you buy this beer to enjoy the taste, then you might need to get your head checked out.

eschbach, May 17, 2010
2.3/5  rDev +24.3%

Well, since my significant other "had" to purchase this, I might as well review it. Poured from the bottle into my tulip a very pale straw, very weak color. Almost looks like a glass of watered down apple cider, with a head that vanishes almost as quick as it appeared. Light lacing around the glass. Unimpressive, to say the least. I guess AB isn't really expecting you to pour this from the bottle.

Even when stuffing the nose inside the glass, the smell is pretty much non-existent. Smell is of the typical, adjunct corniness and not much else. Is this what rice beer smells like? Possibly.

Taste is right there with the smell, non-existent, except for a strange, uninspired after taste of plain white rice and bland corn. This should be considered beer for people who do not like the flavor of beer, because there is really no discernable flavor to speak of. My description may be making this brew look good.

Carbonation is a bit high, giving one those huge, totally repulsive burps that so often accompany consumption of a brew of this type. Other than that, I feel the mouthfeel on this is about average for a light lager. Drinkability is also average due to the very mellow alcohol content and that great, non-existent taste. Overall, a very unimpressive, below average light lager that should generally be avoided. The fact that I took time out of my life to review this is a miracle, but I suppose that I have had worse. Always open to trying new things, but this thing is one that you should say "no thanks" to.

BabyBastard, May 11, 2010

Appearance - Being poured from a can results in a light, 1 inch head. It dissipated in under a minute with zero lacing. Color is dark urine.

Smell - Not much, but smells metallic and of fillers.

Taste and Mouthfeel - Grainy and watery, with soda-like fake carbonation. Strong initial carbonation bite, skunky middle, and finishes off bitter. Aftertaste is warm and of burnt grains.

Drinkability - The only time I would ever drink this is at a party to get drunk. You'd swear the pong balls make it taste better. It certainly will do the job, but it isn't pleasant to drink by any means. This is the kind of beer you buy by the 30 rack for a night of responsible fun, not the beer you buy by the six pack to savor or pair with food. Sub-average drinkability.

cheesepuffs, May 10, 2010
2.08/5  rDev +12.4%

The only thing worse than this is Miller Light. It wasn't until 18 months ago that I finally discovered what real beer is. On that day I realized how disgusting the BMC I was drinking had become. All politics aside (which is the real reason I hate BMC) Bud light is one of the few that I'll actually admit to drinking. If you find me drinking it however, you'll also find that I'm fresh out of real beer.

pavyaz19, May 06, 2010
2.03/5  rDev +9.7%
look: 1.5 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 2 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 2.5

Appearence: Extremely pale yellow. The head dissipated very quickly and left virtually no lacing at all.

Smell: Almost no smell whatsoever. Can't even detect the aroma of hops.

Taste: Beer flavored water for lack of a better way of describing it. Almost no hops or malt taste detectable.

Feel: No real substance that you would expect from a good beer.

Drinkability: I don't enjoy drinking it by any means. It goes down easy but I don't see that as an accomplishment.

Notes: A lot of people concede that this is not a good beer but continue to drink it because it's relatively cheap. Just pay
the extra few bucks and actually get a respectable beer.

joshotron, May 03, 2010
1.25/5  rDev -32.4%

I revisited this at a friends house for lack of options. I did not enjoy myself. The color was basically clear. It was like watered down gingerale. The coca-cola head dissipated immediately. The smell was like corn. The taste was like corn. The mouthfeel was disturbing. And as far as drinkability? None.

reeverbythespeak, May 03, 2010
2.2/5  rDev +18.9%

I wish i could give this beer 2 grades. Because this beer simply put, "is what it is".

It doesn't look pretty. It doesn't have that great smell.

If I'm sittin at home having a beer does it compare to any micro brews? No.

If i'm out camping with with my buddies telling some stories, having some brew, looking to enjoy the time and we grab a couple cases....this beer does the trick. My favorite beer is Great Lakes Burning River. It has an average A- rating here while Bud Light has a D-. But thats just the thing. Should I hate on this beer because it is mass marketed. If i could buy a case of Burning River for 16.99 for a night of drinking with my buddies i would. Unfortunately i can't so this beer does the trick for that. All the same if i'm enjoying a beer or two for a night on the couch would i look else where? Yes. But I must reiterate this beer is what it is. Just depends on what your looking for.

ryanblinkbrand, Apr 29, 2010
1.25/5  rDev -32.4%

Light yellow in color. Smells cheap and without flavor. Taste is terrible. This beer is clearly just a vehicle for alcohol and nothing more. After taste is funky. If you can get past the taste to drink more than one than I guess is drinkable but for most who know what a good beer should be this won't be drinkable. This beer destroys my stomach and the results weren't pretty on the few occasions I have had to drink it as it was my only option.

TStron, Apr 28, 2010
2.55/5  rDev +37.8%

Appearance - Pours a straw yellow into my SA Perfect Pint. About two fingers of extremely quickly dissipating head is achieved with a moderate pour that leaves literally zero lacing,

Smell - Almost nothing. Slight malt, almost non existent hop aroma (I think I'm pretending there is some).

Taste - As you would expect, similar to the nose. In college I "hated beer" meaning BMC. If I DID have to drink beer, I would choose bud light because it "tasted the closest to water". Hence, that is exactly what this tastes like. Very very mildly flavored water.

Mouthfeel - Nonexistent.

Drinkability - Honestly, this is still my go-to beer if there is ZERO craft beer around. Heck, I'm finishing up the few left over from a BBQ we had a few weeks back. Do I really enjoy it? No. Will I drink it again in the future? Almost certainly yes if there is nothing better. I'm not a beer snob - I know my roots. Yes I drink a 22oz that would buy two cases of this stuff, but hell, when in Rome.

SpdKilz, Apr 23, 2010
1.18/5  rDev -36.2%

22oz bottle, freshness date on the bottle, poured in to a pint glass.

Appearance - Clear...with a tint of yellow. A finger of white head that fades rather quickly. Not much lace to speak of.

Smell - I can't find any thing....a little touch of hops....maybe....

Taste - Like the aroma, there isn't anything there....Can you give a negative for no taste?

Feel - No substance here, just liquid. I cant say it is repulsive so....

Drinkability - Not much point to drinking even one.

Final Thoughts - Had one at a friends house as this is all he drinks....His conversion is in process...For anyone else, just dont bother...

Metallix6403, Apr 23, 2010

There are two different types of people who drink Bud Light. People who don't like it, and people who do. All the reviews on this site seem to be slanted away from the beer, which is understandable considering the beers that the people on this forum seem to enjoy most. Because of that, I based my review on the same principle. With that being said, there is no better, inexpensive, readily accessible beer that I know of that's better than Bud Light. No matter what time it is, what place is open, you can always count on them to have Bud Light ready, waiting, and cold.

A cold beer while you are working on the car, or mowing the grass, something that you are going to slam and drink fast, Bud Light is where you need to be. Sure, there are other beers out there that are about the same price, maybe taste a bit better or whatever, but the point here is that Bud Light is the most prominent beer in this country. And it's not too horrible to boot, given the circumstances I've put above. 9 o'clock at night, not too hungry and you want to have a nice beer with some tv? Perhaps a Bud Light is not the best call. However, if you are out to dinner with your in-laws, completely uncomfortable, and you need beer, fast... Maybe even you are trying to pull an all-dayer and you want to have something that says "beer" in your hand every second of the day... Bud Light wins every-time.

carlspeed, Apr 19, 2010
1.68/5  rDev -9.2%

One of the few beers I attempt to avoid. just does not taste good even for a mass marketed light beer. Even though it looks and pours like any other beer on the status quo market, it really does not taste very good at all. Almost like the can is marinading the beer.

suretolose, Apr 15, 2010
1.93/5  rDev +4.3%

We're driving back from Boston on a bus, and one of our seatmates is drinking a beer. Even better, he's offering it to his fellow riders. The only catch is that it's Bud Light he's passing around. The beer is a pale yellow color with a moderate sized white head. It had virtually no aroma. Not much more in the taste, but there was a hint of hops at least. I can't imagine people who like beer would want to drink this, since it's not much better than water.

lordofthewiens, Apr 14, 2010
2.42/5  rDev +30.8%

Someone left this at my house, so I'm drinking it. I've gotten him to try some craft brews, he hates most. Little by little he is starting to come around. I think the price is problem for him too. Anyway....

Pours a translucent straw color. Aroma and taste are both malty. Wheat and grains. Water.

It is what it is. Cheap beer. If I were low on cash, it's hot out, or both, this beer does it's job. I do have a problem with the fact that it's sold in 10 different containers/packages. They take up too much shelf space from good beers.

pwoody11, Apr 14, 2010
2.78/5  rDev +50.3%

Appearance: Overall pretty boring...average-looking. Very pale yellow but has pretty good head retention, which gives it some positive points.

Smell: Skunked and sour in my opinion. Like grain thats been soaked in water for a while.

Taste/Mouthfeel: I really don't like the taste of this. It tastes stale and has very little hoppiness. After further testing, I get more hops. The grain taste gives it some stale maltiness though. Overly carbonated, making it rough-tasting, like soda water. Very dry.

Drinkability: Well, the difference IS drinkability. Easy to drink considering...

Overall: Bud Light confuses me more than any other beer. As I've said in my Budweiser review, I love that stuff. This stuff comes across as a very weak and demented younger brother. Stick with the older brother...35 extra calories will not kill you.

tjsdomer2, Apr 11, 2010