Bud Light - Anheuser-Busch

awful

Anheuser-Busch visit their website
Missouri, United States

Light Lager |  4.20% ABV

(Beer added by: BeerAdvocate on 08-22-2001)
Sort by:  Usefulness | Recent | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Bud Light Alström Bros
1.48/5  rDev -20%

473ml can poured into a pint glass. ABV marked as 4%.

A - Poured a clear pale yellow with a bubbly head that quickly vanished. No lacing.

S - Faint grains and water.

T - Very light adjunct notes and water. No hints of hops what so ever.

M - Watery and thin. Wife's reaction: "Well, it's cold!"

D - Drain pour. Just unsatisfying. There's nothing going on here but water and hints of something else. I'd rather have a ginger ale at this point, much more flavour.

decimator, Sep 05, 2010
2.5/5  rDev +35.1%
look: 2.5 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 2.5

A- Pours a ultra pale straw colored fluid with a mess of active carbonation that slowly falls to a quarter inch head. Little to none lacing.

S- Faint corn, grain and metallic scent on the nose.

T-M- Taste is heavily watered down corn and grains. Not even a touch of hop noticable. Has a sweet grainy aftertaste. Mouthfeel is of lightly carbonated stale water that taints the tongue.

D- Not my kind of light beer

harpus, Aug 31, 2010
2.05/5  rDev +10.8%

Even though I have drank this beer in nearly every delivery form (once out of a ceremonial "plunger" at Osan AB, Korea even) I chose "can" since this beer's only purpose is to satisfy the needs of one at a real beer pounding event, like before a NASCAR race, tailgating, large "get drunk" gatherings, etc.

A - Pale wee color if you made your wee with a dehydration rate of about 20%. I've seen more head on a glass of mineral water.

S - A little bit of smell that can actually make you thirsty for better beer. Kninda like getting a fleeting whiff of steak, then seeking out steak. There may be some hint of hops there, but it is almost immediately overwhelmed by the adjuncts used in the process

D - Like mentioned above, for heavy pounding only. If you seek out to drink this beer for taste alone, and are not dissatisfied, you really have no idea what good beer should taste like. This beer tastes a little like soured Perrier, if that's possible. There are hints of things that have a flavor, but I am not certain what those things were at one time.

M - It's wet...

D - Once again, for large scale drinking. Think "cooler" while floating down a river in a tube... No big deal if you spill some, don't want to get too wasted, good for chugging when you are thirsty. I do have these in my fridge most any time for friends and family that don't understand the whole "good beer" concept. I myself will even down a few early in the day when I haven't "committed" to actually drinking yet.

gopens44, Aug 30, 2010
2.6/5  rDev +40.5%

I am partially embarrased to admit Bud Light is almost always im my fridge. It's my wifes beer of choice and to be honest on rare occasion its mine too. Bud Light is wonderful for the fact after working outside in 95 degree tempetures I come home about as gross as you can possibly imagine, and I dont want to waste my good and wonderful beer on my compromised state, so i'll have a bud light. Goes down smooth as all hell, I'm pretty sure I can't even taste it anymore, and after one or two of these I'm certainly a bit relaxed, and ready to enjoy the fine beer waiting in the fridge for me.

callmeclemens, Aug 27, 2010
1.23/5  rDev -33.5%

12oz bottle, poured into a mug

Pale straw yellow with a large amount of bubbles and nearly see through. The aroma is clean and dull. Can't really pick out anything more than cereal grains. The body is extremely light and highly carbonated. This is crisp and light and really dances around due to the high carbonation. A bit of grain and a dry finish. There really is no substance behind this beer. Highly carbonated grain flavored water.

ColForbinBC, Aug 26, 2010

I wrote my 1st review right before this one and chose a beer I wanted to rave about - thus giving my review profile an A+ average due to only one entry. Then I thought well what do I despise - to help balance out. Here you go.

Bud Light is like weak pee. If it didn't have alcohol they could probably pass it off as some sort of tea product. Amazing there are some people out there who swear by it. No hops apparent at all. Slighest hint of cheap grain. Mouthfeel like runoff from a glass of melting ice and like that glass it leaves you feeling lacking - like where's the rest of it. And unpleasant when the cold wears off.

MoreThanWine, Aug 26, 2010
1.05/5  rDev -43.2%

Oh come on. You can't be serious. This is not beer. It a "beer like product". This has to be half rice syrup. They only use enough malt to provide the needed enzymes for the lager yeast to live I bet.
This is perhaps the best example of what advertising can do. People are led to believe they can stay slim by drinking this crap. That's how they sell so much. Otherwise folks would never buy this swill.
Headache in a bottle is what it is.
Here goes.
A: Light yellow, carbonated with no head retention or lacing.
S: What smell?. Oh can't identify the smell as beer related.
T: Hideous and week as a beer type "product".
M: Like water except thinner.
D: Undrinkable to anyone who knows the first thing about beer.
The only thing this "beverage" has in common with beer is that it's fermented I bet. Even that could be faked here along with the hops substitute.
The yugo of the beer world. Makes me ashamed to admit this is made in America. Pity.

alankwak, Aug 24, 2010
2.1/5  rDev +13.5%

A-Bright yellow and fizzy.

S-Sweet. Pretty grimey. corn.

T-Gross. Metallic, sickly sweet. Super watery. There is no likeable characteristics in the taste of this beer.

M-Light and bubbly. Very watery. Kinda sticky.

D-Refuse to rate its drinkability high. Just because it is watery and bland doesn't make it drinkable.

Someone told me Bud Light tastes like a ham sandwich in a can. I don't necessarily agree, but I understand the sentiment.

VelvetExtract, Aug 19, 2010
1.15/5  rDev -37.8%

Looks like an extremely watered down beer, extremely translucent.

Can smell the hops, but they seems to be diluted, smells kind of skunky.

This is by far the WORST beer I have ever tasted. It taste like water, mixed with alcohol, and just a trace amount of hops. It has a light feel to it, but feels slick on the palate.

Notes: If I go to a party and this is what they are drinking, I'll go without.

king75, Aug 17, 2010
2.25/5  rDev +21.6%

Appearance is a clear light golden color. Not big in the nose but i can smell a little grain. Taste is nothing to write home about, it of course the typical light lager taste, a little metallic, grainy, very watery. Mouthfeel is thicker than soda, carbonation is good. There is nothing offensive about this beer, so i guess the drinkability is fine. I would rather drink this than a craft beer that has a soapy or skunky taste. Its never something I'll go buy, but when I am out with the guys and they offer me one, sure i'll drink it.

gkunkle, Aug 14, 2010
1.73/5  rDev -6.5%
look: 1.5 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 2 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 1.5

Poured from a 12 ounce bottle into a pilsner glass.

A: The head there is quickly heaves and sinks, while the appearance is utterly clear and sickly yellow.

S: Sweet corn scents make me cringe. Grainy fumes go straight to my head. Distinctly unpleasant.

T: Surprisingly inoffensive, but so obviously sweet I don't know how anyone stomachs it. There is an initial carbonation which keeps things lively until the cloying main taste wrecks everything. The aftertaste is fleeting, but the corn never really goes away.

M: Watery, bland, sticky; sweet and clingy, but simultaneously washing through the mouth. Real bad, but conceivably it could be worse.

D: If you don't taste it, you're fine. If you do, you're doomed. Sweet corn adjunct grain pervades the senses. I cannot bring myself to finish the beer; I honestly think it would give me a stomachache. If you must consume Bud Light, swill, don't sip. Admittedly, the bottled version is superior to the canned variety.

AgentMunky, Aug 14, 2010
1.5/5  rDev -18.9%

Born on July 17th 2010 - drinken on August 13 2010
(Anheuser Bush copy righted "born on date" which is ridiculous)

Very clear beer. I was surprised at how little head retention there was. At least Budweiser hold a decent looking head.

Smells of lager yeast, almost wine-like. Very faint though. this beverage is virtually scentless.

Tastes of lager yeast. It has more of a mouthfeel at the end of the sip than an actual flavor. A slight sulfury flavor is happening. Very watery. Zero hop bitterness, flavor or aroma.

This beer is cleaner than most water, I give it that. But I had no interest in finishing my drink.

mlazzaro, Aug 14, 2010
2.03/5  rDev +9.7%

A: Pale straw with great clarity and little carbonation. A foamy white head comes and goes quickly. Leaves no lace.

S: Not much going on here. A bit of straw and rice is all I picked up.

T: A rice dominated graininess provides 90% of the flavor. I know that there's barley in here, but it's hard to find. Bitterness is hinted at, but flavorless. Finishes very dry and clean.

M: The light body is thin and dry. Could stand more carbonation.

D: Just a step above seltzer water. There's nothing off-putting about this beer, but nothing to enjoy either. It's a perfectly innocuous alcohol delivery device for the beer drinker who doesn't really like beer.

Rayek, Aug 13, 2010
2.73/5  rDev +47.6%

An average american beer. Cheap enough to be affordable to anyone, and the taste suits everyone. Not too watery, and nothing distinguishable about it. Definitely should only be used as a 30 rack. Light carbonation, just a completely normal beer. Lacking heavily in creativity.

VietPong, Aug 12, 2010
1.53/5  rDev -17.3%

24oz can. Born on date of June 13, 2010.

A very pale straw yellow with lots of foam and lively bubbles.

Grainy smell with kind of a rotten something nose to it. I wish I could describe the rotten more clearly...

Light grain, a little sweetness, bitter notes that don't suggest anything useful. Grainy in the finish. Yuck. I thought Coors Light was bad.

Even on the cheapo, I'd never think about buying this again. I wish the serving was, like, 8oz or less instead of 24. No worries, my sink is getting a treat!

Bitterbill, Aug 11, 2010
1.98/5  rDev +7%

consumed 02-22-2009, 12oz can into pint glass.

appearance: pours a light golden color with bubbles quickly streaming up to create a head that doesn't last very long. basically, your typical adjunct lager look.

smell: almost no aroma. metallic notes with a barely noticeable grain nose. little on the nose but nothing offensive.

taste: bland.. cereal & grains.. closer to water.

mouthfeel: light bodied with loads of carbonation.

drinkability: its easy to drink, probably because it tastes almost like water.

uhhhaaron, Aug 11, 2010
2.42/5  rDev +30.8%

A- Appearance is pale golden. On tap this guy actually seems to hold something of a head. Albeit not much of one.
S- Very little smell. Some grain/cereal. But generally, rather clean.
T- Relatively flavorless. There is some grain/cereal flavor, with just a faint bitter marking.
M- A little bit fuller and well carbed on tap. For a light lager, it actually holds its own, oxymoron aside.
D- Better on tap, and better than some light lagers.

jsprain1, Aug 10, 2010
2.9/5  rDev +56.8%

A: Your typical macro lager look: Bright clear gold, practically no head, and zero lacing. I'd imagine that 98% of regular Bud Light drinkers don't even consider these attributes such as appearance, mouthfeel and taste.

S: Almost nothing. Faint adjuncts. Corn, water, if it had an odor.

T: Practically non-existent. Hints of corn and rice, virtually no hops and a faint metallic finish.

M: Middle of the road carbonation, which helps the drinkability of average or below average beers such as this one.

D: Well, I wouldn't drink this for the taste, but for drinkability, it's okay. If I'm not thinking about what I am drinking, or I really don't care (or am desperate to drink) then I'd be okay with this. Otherwise, I'd pass 100% of the time if there are (craft or imported) other options.

irishking1977, Aug 01, 2010
3.75/5  rDev +102.7%

First beer i had. Im not gonna say i went straight to craft. I will remember my roots. When sam adams, stone, or sierra are the only beers available i can count on bud light to keep me going. Perfect for any activity without getting to crazy and respecting beer at the same time. Cheers.

purpletape, Jul 31, 2010
3.43/5  rDev +85.4%

poured from the 16oz can into a mug
appearance clear straw yellow with a thin
smell slight grain with no other noticeable smells
taste crisp
drinkablilitly very drinkable beer
all in all this is solid beer if you want to knock back a few on a hot summer day for me if its a good beer if there isn't any craft available

Dodt, Jul 31, 2010
2.15/5  rDev +16.2%

I have two feelings about this beer if beer is what you want to call it. My opinion is this beer is extremely drinkable because of the fact that it has probably no ingredients to it but water and a bit of alcohol so it goes down really easy on a really hot socal day. Now if your looking for a beer with any kind of flavor or satisfaction id say look elsewhere because this beer offers nothing.

Dorian, Jul 30, 2010
2.42/5  rDev +30.8%

Served from tap into a 32oz Quaker Steak & Lube Tanker mug. Pours golden yellow with a minimal white head. The lacing was very minimal at the best. Aroma was of wheat and skunk. The flavor was of grain, slight skunk, and water. It was light on the palate with mild carbonation. Overall I have drank this as long as I can remember. It goes down very easy. However it lacks all of the aspects that I enjoy about craft beer (robust aroma and flavors). This one is very generic to put it nicely. The drinkability as far as quantity is good, however I do not usually anticipate the next sip so that hurts the drinkability score. So now I usually only drink this when I'm aiming for mass consumption, because as we all know, the ladies love the stud who can drink the most... Haha

thagr81us, Jul 28, 2010
3.2/5  rDev +73%

Bud Light is far from being a great beer but it is very easy to drink. It is pretty watered down but still somewhat enjoyable. Its got a yellowish color to it. Its not my favorite beer but one that I typically buy quite a bit for its descent price and pack size.

Careerinbeer, Jul 20, 2010
2.48/5  rDev +34.1%

355ml can poured into a pint glass

A - Pale yellow, small white fizzy head that dissipates quickly

S - smells of fruity notes, grainy

T&M - lots of carbonation, watery beer taste (like every other light beer) and I am picking up a slight sweetness..

D - It's a light beer... it is what it is. It has a decent amount of flavor, and is pretty refreshing.

spinrsx, Jul 20, 2010
1.98/5  rDev +7%

It's delightful if you're a broke 20 year old college kid serving to your underage guests. Regardless, it's an easy beer to drink over a cheap meal, like a burger, or to drink in order to get smashed. I wouldn't recommend this to any experts. Don't forget the terrible smell.

newcastleme, Jul 20, 2010