Bud Light - Anheuser-Busch

awful

Anheuser-Busch visit their website
Missouri, United States

Light Lager |  4.20% ABV

(Beer added by: BeerAdvocate on 08-22-2001)
Sort by:  Recent | Likes | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Bud Light Alström Bros
2.53/5  rDev +36.8%

This is not a beer that I buy when I'm wanting good beer. This is the beer I buy when I am getting ready to watch a sporting event (football) and need something cheap that goes down like water all the while still helping me feel the effects of alcohol!

1.65/5  rDev -10.8%

I knew one day it would come to this. I'm out of beer and had a few buddies over. Wouldn't you know it nothing to drink but the bud light they brought over. Crap beer is better than no beer at all right? We'll find out--the following is my best attempt at an unbiased review of bud light.

This was the old "go to" beer in college. Pours like a coke with a big white "coca-cola" head which recedes to nothing. You really want to know what this stuff looks like...it looks like I pissed in a glass. I haven't had this stuff in a long time and you know what?...it reminds me of a really bad sake. I really can taste rice. It attempts to have a bite with its carbonation but fails miserably.

Sorry guys but I'm gonna be a beer snob and elect to not drink any more of this crap for the sake of my beer karma.

1.15/5  rDev -37.8%

Yeah, so i didn;t have any cold beer when I got home. The Bruins are on and I wanted to drink a beer with my dumplings. The roommates have some Bud Light pounders in the fridge. You can really smell the machines when you take a good whiff of this beer. The color is of pale beer, the light actually comes through it, not blocking much of the beer. The glass casts a better shadow than the beer.
The taste is a weak lager, stript of malts, barley, and hops. If they use any of that, it's very hard to tell. The carbonation is way to strong and I almost taste the fizz more than the beer itself, it's tough cause I drink it as fast as I can. It feels almost rough on the tongue with it's over-carbonated-ness. Overall, Bud Light it just shit. But I'm drinking it. Take that for what it's worth.

1.88/5  rDev +1.6%

From tasting notes 9-23-11
Poured into a mug

Appearance: Clear pale gold with a short white head that settles quickly and leaves no lacing, nor has any retention.

Smell: Sweet corny smell. Not much else.

Taste: Not a lot really--I'm not tasting much but some highly carbonated watery beer with a bit of corn in the aftertaste.

Mouthfeel: Medium-high carbonation, watery body, crisp finish.

Overall: I actually think I prefer the can over the bottle for bud light. Not an impressive beer at all and not worth the extra money for a bottle over a can.

2.23/5  rDev +20.5%

Super light straw color, about half way between normal lager color and water. Weak, soda-like head with awful retention, and zero lacing. Perfectly transparent and lots of bubbles in the liquid.

Aroma is so clean I have to actually try to smell something. All I can smell is faint corn husk.

Weak malt flavor. Corn and rice adjuncts dominate as expected. There may be a few traces of hop particles somewhere in this brew but there are nowhere near enough to taste. Clean and crisp while providing almost zero flavor.

Light, highly carbonated feel. Just like sparkling water. Average for the style.

On the bottle it says, "Superior Drinkability." Guess I can't argue with that point. Water is also highly drinkable. Maybe that's what this stuff is. Sure tastes like it.

2.35/5  rDev +27%

24oz can poured into a Budweiser pint glass. Bottom stamped born on date 02SEPT11, so it's almost exactly a month old.

Appearance - Head that evaporates almost instantly. One of the palest shades of yellow possible. A platinum and gold alloy made transparent.

Smell - Corn. Very faint musk. Bubblegum sweetness.

Taste - Very mild musky earthy corn. Hardly noticeable. Boring. Inoffensive.

Mouthfeel - Faint effervescence. Mostly flat feeling. Not refreshing. Feels artificially light.

Overall Drinkability - Perhaps it's because I served this beer at around 45 degrees F that it tastes so bad. Serving it chilled might help bring out the refreshing lightness of the mouthfeel. Feels fake and sticky at higher temps.

1.43/5  rDev -22.7%

Really only reviewing this swill to bring some balance and perspective to a lengthening list of craft beers.

A - Very pale straw colour, extremely clear and filtered body, thin white fizzy head. No lace.

S - ... um.. water?

T - Just flavourless. Slight hints of corn and barley, but water is the overwhelming aspect. No presence to it at all.

M - Water-thin, moderate carbonation.

O - Lightly beer flavoured water. I would probably enjoy one straight after a hard slog of lugging heavy objects around on a hot day, but a water would do just as well. A sports drink even better.

2.17/5  rDev +17.3%

Appearance - Extremely clear with a soapy head that disappears quickly.
Smell - Not much other than a faint skunkiness.
Taste - Crisp and drinkable, but without any hop presences.
Mouthfeel - Watery.

I didn't review this beer just to flame it. Yeah it sucks but it has a place. I'm sure it was a lot of people's first beer. It drinks easy and is a good gateway beer for a lot of people. Also, easy to drink and refreshing, almost like a soda.

1.68/5  rDev -9.2%

Pours a clear, straw color, foamy off-white head that evaporates quickly and leaves no lacing on the glass.Scent of grassy corn.
Taste is of corn but has a nice aftertaste .
Watery. Medium carbonation. Not at all appealing. Another brew for those who want a cheap drunk.

1.98/5  rDev +7%

Had at a company function a few days ago.

It's was served a pale yellow with a slight lace of foam and some quick carbonation.

Nothing much to smell. There are some grass odors.

It doesn't taste like much either. A tiny bit of hops, a little bit of straw or corn, some adjunct sweetness, not much happening.

It feels watery with some belch inducing carbonation.

This beer(?) isn't very good. I only drink it when it's free and each time I do I remember why I don't enjoy it. I can drink it really fast and cold, the on;y way this stuff can be enjoyed.

1.93/5  rDev +4.3%

"The sure sign of a good time?" Uh, no. Beg to differ, Mr. Mad Man wannabe douchebag adman. This is the blandest excuse for a beer you can imagine, surely not worth the minimal calories consumed.

THis is a very clear yellow bear with a decent head that fades away slowly, leaving little to no lace at all.

Smell? Nothing there except the faintest trace of malt..barely.

Taste? Really, really bland and watery..the hint of malt and corn or rice or some vaguely sweet adjunct. Nothing really noticeable. Sort of beer-ish in a distant kind of way.

The mouthfeel is all fizzy carbonation, a crisp finish...nothing exceptional. I guess it's kinda refreshing but I'd rather have a water or a soda.

This one simply leaves me wondering why? Why would anyone drink this? Why did I even try it (again)? Pointless, boring junk.

1.85/5  rDev 0%

Served on-tap into an Arrogant Bastard pint glass (Sorry Stone). Pours a clear straw-yellow with a 2 inch white head that recedes relatively slowly into a thin film across the top of the glass. No lacing to speak of.

Aroma is that of faint grain and malt. Not a whole lot going on here, as expected.

The taste is primarily of skunky water and possibly a hint of rice or some other grain. No flavors are able to overpower the water flavor that shines from beginning to end.

Watery mouthfeel that barely rinses the pallet long enough to swallow the drink, then rendering the pallet dry and thirsty for another drink. Mission accomplished Bud.

Overall, this is exactly what you would expect from this particular style of beer. Easy to drink in large numbers and refreshing enough to enjoy on a hot summer day. With this is mind, I wouldn't recommend to others.

1.65/5  rDev -10.8%

Other than college beer pong tourneys, this stuff is barely fit for human consumption (along with Coors Light and Bud Light). It's interesting that you can get some of the top non-pastuerized beers on Earth for only slightly additional cost. I don't think this even qualifies as real beer.
Appearance: Light yellow
Smell: Rotten Indian food
Taste: Watery with slight hops
Mouthfeel: Watery
Overall: Terrible, leaves you feeling bloated and sick.

1.5/5  rDev -18.9%
look: 1.5 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 1.5

Um, this really shouldn't even be on this website. It isn't a real beer. It is pre-craft beer, and doesn't have anything going for it.

You should just put a lime in a beer like this, at least you would feel like you are in Mexico. It is cheap, it is bad.

1.68/5  rDev -9.2%

served on-tap @ The Houndstooth, Tuscaloosa, AL, into a smallish plastic cup

Pours a crystal-clear pale, pale yellow color. Plenty of spritzy white head. Lots of carbonation bubbles. This looks fine (note: I rate to style).

Smells like fucking nothing. Sorry for the curse word. But I am angry at this beer. This "beer." It barely, barely has an aroma of faint grain husk. This is water.

Bud Light actually has some flavor going on. Too bad it is terrible. Past the general waterness of it all, Bid Light has a sickly-sweet cotton candy note to it. This beer tastes like someone invented candied rice and then took that invention and submerged it in water.

The mouthfeel is fine for the style. It is light but refreshing. Carbonated water, basically. Overall, this is, well, carbonated water. It's La Croix. Every bit as bad as La Croix.

2.05/5  rDev +10.8%

Drank out of a tall boy can. Color was pale and clear. Minimal head, lacing and film.

Smells was corn, bready malts. Metallic smell as well.

Tasted light corn malts, followed by a carbonated, dry ending,

Light body. Average carbonation. Refreshing, crisp and clean. Some bubbles on the roof of my mouth. Watery taste.

When it comes to cheap beer, this is in my top two. Great for beer games.

A - Clean, clear, moderate rising carbonation, real pale yellow color to the body. The head starts out nice around two inches following an aggressive pour into my pint glass. It fades at a relatively slow pace before becoming less than an eighth of an inch at the surface.

S - Very faint aroma of pale malts.

T - The flavor of pale grain is really all that's here. It leaves much to be desired as it has no complexity or movement from one flavor to another.

M - It has a faint coarseness throughout and a real watery base. There's no stickiness in the finish.

~ I've said it before and I'll say it again right here. There is a time and a place for every beer. If you're looking for an over-rated (by American social standards) light beer, and you want to pay through the nose simply because it's advertised to death... this is the beer for you.

1.53/5  rDev -17.3%
look: 2 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 1.5

not too bad. ive had many a days going to the store and picking up a 36 before i became enlightened and had real beer. cant really knock it too bad this beer has led to many a fun night. it has a crisp taste but if you dont slam it within 5 minutes turns stale quick.

2.38/5  rDev +28.6%
look: 3 | smell: 2.25 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 2 | overall: 2.25

I hate this beer so much. I had it once when I was 21 and just couldn't handle it. It's not that the taste is horrible or rotten, its just too much like water. The carbonation makes me burp way too me and gave me the hiccups for half an hour. I will never drink this beer again and hope that it goes away. It is a disgrace to US beers.

4.18/5  rDev +125.9%

12 oz can poured into a pint glass.

Aroma: faint green apple, low hop aroma. Mild sweetness from the corn.

Appearance: very pale straw color and very clear. White frothy head that doesn't last.

Flavor: very crisp and refreshing. Low hop and malt flavors but are balanced.

Mouthfeel: light body and highly carbonated.

Overall, a very light, crisp and refreshing beer. It adheres to all the guidelines of what a Lite American Lager should be. It's a very drinkable beer. Personally, not always in the mood for it but great for when I want something really light. But then again i'm not always in the mood for an Imperial stout either...

2.25/5  rDev +21.6%

I'm reviewing this for a friend.

A: Pours a clear slightly gold color with a fizzy, fizzy head that dies down to a couple centimeters of head. Leaves no lacing. Has bubbles rising to the top.

S: Vegetable smells with a little bit of metallic edge. VERY little aroma. A little very light pils malt. skunky.

T/M: Taste has more body. Has a decent malt core, but very little hopping at all, though I didnt expect it. Carbonation actually isnt too bad, just enough that it tingles a little over the palate but it goes down smooth and is 'drinkable' (haha). A little bit of sugary/corn meal sweetness. not complex in flavor at all, but thats not what the beer is about. Has a little bit of sweet bread in the malt profile and thats about it. Finishes watery and without a lingering aftertaste whatsoever.

Overall its a drinkable beer good mostly only for super hot days outside or for drinking easily in bulk. Not as caustic on the palate as most reviews suggest.

1.9/5  rDev +2.7%

The only time I consume this beverage it with buddies who can appreciate a good beer, but settle on Bud Light, because its cheap, easy to get, and somewhat drinkable.

It has a light hay color, with light carbonation, and weak head. Smells like a beer, but by no means one that's going to rock your world. The "flavor" is a bit lackluster, but isn't terrible, just doesn't have very much going on with it. As far as drinkability, yes, it is drinkable, its not terrible, I just would prefer something else.

Overall, in my opinion of widely available stadium beers, if these were the only one, I could partake.

1.33/5  rDev -28.1%

Similar to coors light.

Looks like a typical light beer with no head worth noting.

Smells like alcohol and doesn't make me want to drink it.

Tastes like crap frankly.

Mouthfeel was filmy and watery.

Overall I think you should only drink this for long sessions where you plan on getting plastered. Which is not often, at all, for me.

1.9/5  rDev +2.7%

Well well well.... where to start. I haven't had a Bud of any kind for so long but I know approximately what to expect.

I found this Bud Light in the discount rack at my go-to beer place; paid only 50 cents for it. I don't think I could ever pay MSRP for a Bud.

In true fashion, I'm drinking this Bud straight from it's ice-cold dew-encrusted can.

S: light and sweet, faint whiffs of grass and straw, corn and rice. I don't think hops are discernible at all.

T: Sweet tasting soda water. That's about all. Rings of corn and a vague grain-like character. At least it is clear and not especially cloying like some adjunct beers I've had.

M: Watery. Literally, it is like flavored carbonated water. Maybe it has the briefest of memories of viscosity, but that's it.

O: Why oh why? What is the point of this beer's existence?

1.65/5  rDev -10.8%
look: 2.5 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 2

Pours a golden, bubbly color with soapy head that doesn't last. Smells like nothing, absolutely nothing. Taste is corn and candy; very sweet and nothing to add actual flavor. Mouthfeel is bubbly but smooth

Overall, way too sweet and way too carbonated. This just isn't good.

Bud Light from Anheuser-Busch