Bud Light - Anheuser-Busch

awful

Anheuser-Busch visit their website
Missouri, United States

Light Lager |  4.20% ABV

(Beer added by: BeerAdvocate on 08-22-2001)
Sort by:  Usefulness | Recent | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Bud Light Alström Bros
1.45/5  rDev -21.6%

A- Pours a bright golden yellow color with a thin white head. Not too much lacing either.

S- Smells of grain, corn, and metal. Not really anything good at all.

T- A bit like ceral, grains and corn. That's about it.

M- Light in body and carbonation is pretty high.

D- I guess this one's easy to drink. I just don't enjoy it. Used to be my go to beer, but then I started trying craft beer. Well, the rest is history then.

nrbw23, Jul 11, 2010
2.63/5  rDev +42.2%

appearance - pale golden, frothy head, no lacing

smell - corn, some metallic hints

taste - some sweetness, corn

mouthfeel - highly carbonated, watery, light

drinkability - it's easy to drink, although not very flavorful, pointless in most cases when you can grab a light pale with equivalent abv and more flavor, good for drinking games

djbreezy, Jul 09, 2010
1.25/5  rDev -32.4%

The classic beer my parents drink when I was first growing up. I expected a whole lot from this beer. It seemed like a good beer when I first tried it 10 years, but realize how awful it is. Almost like piss water. After drinking Yuengling, Sam Adams, Leininkugel and a slew of others this beer ranks towards the bottom of the list

yuenglingfan101, Jul 08, 2010
1.9/5  rDev +2.7%

this is a party beer plane and simple. It doesn't taste great. It doesn't look great. It works great for party games such as beer pong, flip cup, quarters, anchorman, or whatever but it is definitely not a beer to be savored hence i will not do a full review of it. I can only say that as a poor college student it has graced my fridge on multiple occasions.

gratedjuice, Jul 04, 2010
2.1/5  rDev +13.5%

Bud Light is not a beer for respectable, serious aficionados of beer; however, if you're on a budget, on a diet, or just hate the taste of beer, this is the brew for you.

Poured from a 12oz bottle.

Appearance- Extremely pale yellow, almost to the point of being colorless. Pours with a large but thin white head that quickly dissipates. Very slight lacing.

Smell- There is hardly any smell to speak of. Slight grain and corn aromas reach the nose, but that's it.

Taste- Very slight tastes of malt and corn; overall, a very tasteless beer that goes down like carbonated water.

Mouthfeel- Bud Light feels quite carbonated but is thin and dry otherwise.

Drinkability- I must reiterate that this is a beer for people who dislike the taste of beer. Due to the fact that it hardly has any taste at all, it goes down easily and can be consumed in mass quantities.

jporf911, Jul 03, 2010
1.63/5  rDev -11.9%

[can - 12 oz] Not much of an aroma. Not much of a taste. Not much of a body. No after taste. Pale yellow color with some light carbonation. Little lacing. Very light sweet and corn aroma. Small head. Kind of reminds me of tonic water. Too thin and watery to really get anything out of.

zach8270, Jul 03, 2010

It works.

Of the three generic beers (Coors Light, Bud Light, Miller Light) this is the worst, but it still gets the job done. It is very drinkable, and you could spend a weekend with a 24 pack of this and have a good time.

P.S. Does this even come in a bottle?

Cheers!

smithza9, Jul 01, 2010
1.83/5  rDev -1.1%

Not exactly the best beer in the world here. If you do happen to pour it out of the can, you get a bit of white head that can take quite a while to dissipate. The beer itself is a pale yellow, very clear. This beer smells faintly of corn, and that's about all you'll taste too. A lot of carb in this beer which I feel ruins the mouthfeel, making it feel more like drinking soda than a beer. A favorite session beer for many, but not for me.

RedSpecial1, Jun 26, 2010
1.53/5  rDev -17.3%

I just wanted to post something for anyone that is legitimately looking up Bud light. You should probably leave this site and continue to buy cheap, disgusting beer.

I do not think that it is possible to brew anything worse than this terrible attempt at a "beer". If I was unfortunate enough to only have enough money to buy a bud light I would scavenge for change under my couch, or save my money for a not-so-rainy day.

For those of you that look at crappy beers to catch a laugh, Im right there with you.

Cheers

PanicUnited, Jun 26, 2010
1.8/5  rDev -2.7%

Man, I'm glad I discovered real beer at a young age.
Bud light is like drinking carbonated water. So my girl brought some bottles of this stuff home one day and I knew I never reviewed it, so here it is.. Uhh. Not much to talk about, the appearance is like a stale pale yellow with a thin head that leaves just a little lacing. No smell whatsoever. It tastes like water and just a tad bit of corn that is present in almost all American macros. Feels too bubbly, drinkability is average, like drinking water when you're not thirsty. Good ol' Boood Light.

JMad, Jun 25, 2010

I unfortunately had this the other night at my bachelor party. I figured what the hell it's my bachelor party.

Appearance- pale yellow color

Smell- very light ricelike smell, like a very light lager lol

Taste- barely any flavor, almost tasted like water

Mouthfeel- very light bodied

Drinkability- not drinkable at all, This is swill. I was only tolerating it because it was my bachelor party and it was my job to get drunk so I did.

jeffjeff1, Jun 24, 2010
1.18/5  rDev -36.2%

12 ounce can, poured into a shaker pint.

Pours a very pale gold with a fizzy half-finger head that quickly disappears. The only signs of life are the occasional scattered bubbles brought to the surface by some lazy carbonation.

Smells like a concoction of 50% water, 50% big brother Bud. Other than some very light grain, very little to stimulate interest here.

Metallic bitterness and carbonation seem to be the two primary flavors. Very dry, with a club soda element in the fizz, right down to what seems to be a bit of saltiness. All the better to stimulate repeated consumption, no doubt.

A waste of a perfectly good aluminum can.

PDXHops, Jun 24, 2010
2.13/5  rDev +15.1%

A: Very pale yellow. There is a very thin white lacing that hangs around.

S: Very clean, almost nothing. Maybe some rice-like smell.

T: Again, very clean. Slight hops in the crispness that comes along. Slight detectable malt. Not very interesting.

M: Thin.

O: I'd drink other light lagers before this one. There's nothing offensive about it, but there's no taste either.

bundy462, Jun 21, 2010
1.6/5  rDev -13.5%
look: 2.5 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 2 | overall: 1.5

12oz can with a "born on" date of April 11th of this year. Haven't had that annoying pit bull's favorite beer in a very long time. Once I complete an honest attempt at reviewing this beer, I'll never need to try it again, unless I like it. I suppose that's possible, right?

Poured a very pale straw color, with an inch of off-white head that dropped at high speed, though it left a slight skiff of foam that perched atop the beer. Random spots of lace were here and there on the sides of my glass.

Very little aroma. What there is seems to be a crude, sweet adjunct aroma that is entirely unaccompanied by hop or grain aroma of any kind.

Like the nose, the taste of this beer can best be described as "incomplete." Nothing but extremely mild sweetness here. Can someone throw in the hops and let this finish brewing?

Watery, very slightly prickly mouthfeel.

Drinkable in the way that most beverages without character are drinkable. Sure, it goes down easy, but it's so bland as to be a pointless experience in beer drinking. I won't be revisiting this beer again, unless my tastebuds are already so blunted as to be useless. Oh, and in the if-I-need-another-reason-to-avoid-this dept., shortly after drinking this I received major heartburn. To date, no other beer has ever given me heartburn, major or minor.

woemad, Jun 17, 2010
1.6/5  rDev -13.5%
look: 1.5 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 2

Bud Light is an american macrobrew from AB-Inbev conglomerate. It is the light version of Budweiser.

Appearance: Light straw yellow. Almost no head formation at all and no lace retention.

Smell: Very little malt aromas, with no hops detected.

Taste: Some maltiness with little bitterness. Some metallic notes.

Mouthfeel: Light and simple. No hop profile, although good carbonation is detectable.

Drinkability: Typical of an american macro. Good for the beach or hot summer days as simple refreshment.

cervezale, Jun 11, 2010
1.55/5  rDev -16.2%

16 oz kegerator tap pour into a plastic Coors cup at a house party in CA.

A - Poured from a kegerator at a house party in Orange County some where, its clear yellow and effervescent with a quickly fading white head.

S - This beer smells like rice and grains. Really nothing else is going on here.It's pretty bland and lame actually.

T - Bud Light tastes like a grainy rice beer with no real malt of hop flavor to speak of. One of the worse beers ever in flavor I'd say.

M - Thin and light-bodied, Bud Light is fully carbonated making the drinker bloated in no time.

D - It's too bad the keg of ShockTop ran out right away cause this Bud Light just sucks. I'd give it a 1 for how much I dislike this beer, but I'm still continuing to drink it for the effect.

BeerFMAndy, Jun 08, 2010
2.23/5  rDev +20.5%

This beer smells like dog piss. It's a good beer to drink in the morning after being hungover. Do NOT drink this beer if you have the option not to. I put a five for drinkability, because you could drink this beer all night and hardly get a good buzz.

bradleyp, Jun 07, 2010
1.88/5  rDev +1.6%

Put on my double can holder hat with two straws and go down to NASCAR and drink away. This is the beer you stow away for your redneck company comes to visit. Its often cheaper than water, but water has more flavor than this. I will admit it does work good in the smoker while cooking meat, I use it to soak the woodchips and a pan of it in the smoker to keep the humidity up. Wouldn't waste a good beer to do this.

BeerandBeer, Jun 07, 2010
1.6/5  rDev -13.5%

Poured into a Sam Adams Perfect Pint Glass (my apoligies to the Boston Beer Company). This beer is an extreme pale yellow color. It pours with a white fizzy head that goes away very quickly. Your talking extreme clarity for this beer, not very impressive. The smell isn't strong, but still pretty bad. A hay smell, maybe a little barleyesque, and that's about it. It smells like it's "skunked" not very pleasant. The taste also smells like it went bad, like it went rotten and even sour. The mouthfeel is the worst in my opinion. It has a bitter finish, but not in the good hoppy way it goes flat pretty quickly as well. The taste and mouthfeel make it not drinkable at all in my. I tried to be open minded because I'm not generally a fan of light beer, but I've had far better low alcohol beer than this. I'm glad I didn't have to buy this, it was just left over from a get together. I probably haven't had one since college, now I remember why.

AndyAvalanche, Jun 04, 2010
2.6/5  rDev +40.5%

See my reviews for Miller Lite and Coors Light to get an idea. And I find it hard to believe anyone on this website needs to read a review of the number 1 selling beer in America.

It pours a straw like yellow with a white foam head. Taste is metallic, grassy, with a very very subtle malt/rice sweetness. Incredibly light body with heaps of carbonation. Standard American light lager.

kneeland, May 31, 2010
2.17/5  rDev +17.3%

Figured I'd rate one of America's most popular beers and try to give it an objective review.

The first thing I noticed during the pour was the extremely vibrant carbonation. The liquid is very thin, with little to no body and a miniscule white head. I can't remember the last time I had a beer that looked like this and it's surprising to see something that looks so much like water with food coloring.

Scent of grain, canned vegetables, yeast and a mild metallic aroma are present. The smell is faint enough to not be totally offensive, but it's not very pleasant.

Flavor profile is pretty limited when cold. As it warms, a buttery sweetness peaks out in the conclusion, accompanied by cereal, hints of grain and corn.

It's actually a little tough to pinpoint characteristics of this beer due to its thin body. Also, a certain astringency is present, which takes away from the experience.

That being said, if you were at a cookout and this was the only thing in the cooler, you'd probably throw a few down the hatch.

deapokid, May 30, 2010
1.4/5  rDev -24.3%
look: 1.5 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 1

granted, this is my least favorite beer of all time, but it is gross. It tastes like chalk and does not sit well with me, i can barely get it down, and definitely not enjoy it. They claim this has "drinkability" it does not. i find natty to be easier to drink than this. sorry but just not my beer at all.

cbmatt, May 28, 2010
1.75/5  rDev -5.4%
look: 2.5 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 2

355ml can poured into pint glass may 27 2010

A clear very pale straw yellow with decent carbonation feeding a very short lived bone white head that left no lace

S faint adjuncts and that's about it

T very little going on here some candy corn perhaps

M quite thin but enough carbonation to fluff it up a bit

D what little smell and taste it has is rather poor so its easy not to enjoy

Q: How is Bud Light similar to having sex on a boat?
A: Their both fucking close to water

wordemupg, May 28, 2010
2.4/5  rDev +29.7%

Appearance - Looks like piss

Smell - smells like what you would think of when you smell a shitty beer.

Taste - Tastes like beer, its not bad but is good for the beach. I think it tastes the same as busch light, for 6 bucks more i would rather get busch than this overpriced piss.

Mouthfeel - goes down easy, good carbonation, a thirst quencher

Drinkability - Very easy to drink, its not something to enjoy, its main purpose is to drink as many as you can. would only recommend if you're partying or at the beach and can drink plenty since after you drink one you can't stop until you're signing sweet caroline at the top of your lungs

jmarvin4189, May 27, 2010

Appearance: Piss yellow in color, slight carbonation, heavy although quickly dissipating head

Smell: like stale beer

Taste: like stale beer, little flavor at all

Mouthfeel: Like a light soda

Drinkability: no flavor, no aromas, not drinkable

This is the worst of the macro light beers in my opinion. You might as well go with Keystone if you're playin drinking games or cooking out. For the beer that sells the most in the U.S., it is horrible.

aasher, May 26, 2010