Bud Light - Anheuser-Busch

awful

Anheuser-Busch visit their website
Missouri, United States

Light Lager |  4.20% ABV

(Beer added by: BeerAdvocate on 08-22-2001)
Sort by:  Usefulness | Recent | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Bud Light Alström Bros
jushoppy2beer

Tennessee

1.63/5  rDev -11.9%

I just had one of these at a baseball game where it was the only beer available. I was glad to have something to quench my thirst. Like other American light pilsner-style lagers, the color is very pale and the flavor is difficult to detect. Very little head or body. But, hey, at a hot Texas ballpark in July, it does help you beat the heat without adding too many calories to your belly budget.

07-29-2008 16:26:54 | More by jushoppy2beer
Stinkypuss

1.4/5  rDev -24.3%

A. Grabbed a few cans from a friend's fridge at a party. I didn't bother pouring it into a glass, but there was some in plastic party cups at the beer pong table and it appeared very light.

S. Trademark Anheuser Busch smell. Slight corn, cereal grains.

T. Really bad. Cooked corn broth with a moderate bitterness. Not appealing and worst of all, THEY WEREN"T ICE COLD. OH HEAVENS NO. The inadequecy of this beer is flamboyant.

M. Light carbonated piss water.

D. I had a few, since I was thirsty and they were free. I shut myself off after 3. I just couldn't do it anymore.

07-27-2008 15:56:49 | More by Stinkypuss
drxandy

1.75/5  rDev -5.4%

12oz can to pint glass (almost seems crazy to pour any macro, but hey), pours a crystal clear golden straw color, white head fades, high carbonation

smells of appley adjuncts, not much else

taste is crisp, light, carbonation takes away most flavors strangely, watery, extremely easy to drink, corn, rice, light malt

mouthfeel is crisp, highly carbonated, everything is way too light for my tastes.

07-23-2008 17:23:48 | More by drxandy
Biggness

2.1/5  rDev +13.5%

this beer pours a clear amber with minimal white head. The smell is not complex and all and just reminds me of drinking cheap beer. The taste is very slight with the mildest flavor of nuts with no hop taste @ all. The mouthfeel is ok I mean its not the greatest tasting beer but its not uncomfortable in my mouth. I must admit it is a beer I drink after I am buzzed... purely for monetary reasons, can't justify to myself drinking quality beer when I am not there enough to enjoy it.

07-21-2008 21:11:32 | More by Biggness
skiboy

2.05/5  rDev +10.8%

Like many, I drank a Bud light because it was the only choice at a gathering. There is really nothing to be said for this bland brew -- it completely lacks any presence or complexity. BL tastes faintly beer-like, but definitely not malty or hoppy, although there is a cold well-carbonated crispness. It's sad that BL reflects the quintessential american beer taste.

07-21-2008 17:50:52 | More by skiboy
cubbyswans

Missouri

1.25/5  rDev -32.4%

This beer is thin, watery, has barely any smell, and I can't even describe the flavor, because this beer makes me literally gag. So I guess you could say the aftertaste of this beer is vomit. I wish I could give it a zero on taste and drinkability. I don't understand how my friends can chug these by the bucket at a bar.

07-17-2008 20:42:08 | More by cubbyswans
RedChrome

Connecticut

1.93/5  rDev +4.3%

Crystal clear light golden colored beer. Quarter inch frothy white head faded to a thin coating on top. A handful of carbonation bubbles can be seen rising.

An extremely sharp rice aroma. No bittering effect of any hops noticeable. A very strong plastic scent finishes up the nose full. No balance to scents.

Crisp taste of gains has a dominant rice presence but does have a slight bit of malt show through. A bit of a hops bitter comes through without much accompanying flavor.

Watery overall mouth feel. Large carbonation burst. Taste does cling a bit to the tongue.

Overall an unimpressive brew. Good for washing food down on a hot day. Best thing to say is, it could be worse.

07-13-2008 05:51:01 | More by RedChrome
jbphoto88

1.8/5  rDev -2.7%

Two words best describe this beer to me, reliable disappointment.

Thin yellow with a grayish white head.

Smells of cheap ingredients and crushed dreams.

Taste is a colorful delight, a dazzling brew that shows what motivated people can do with barley, hops, water and yeast... Just kidding, it blows.

This beer gets the job done but its not worth the damage to my liver to drink it. In my opinion its one of the worst beers in the world. Its drinkable with some salt and a lime and also if ice cold and in a beer bong at a college party.

07-13-2008 02:40:25 | More by jbphoto88
NOOGIE

Wisconsin

3.4/5  rDev +83.8%

Apperance: Poured 12 oz can into mug, 1/2 finger of foam quickly disapears. Bright golden yellow, lots of carbonation.

Smell: Grains, water and a little alcohol.

Taste: Watered down Budweiser. Not really a bad thing.

Mouthfeel: Stays wet in your mouth, mostly watery residue.

Drinkability: The best, just pop the top and drink, smooth nothing offensive left in your mouth.

07-11-2008 23:46:35 | More by NOOGIE
number1bum

2.33/5  rDev +25.9%

I don't even know where this came from or when it got there, but this has been sitting in my fridge for awhile - a single, solitary can that I was waiting for someone to consume. No one has, so I figured what the hell, I'll drink and review it.

Pours a very light, clear yellow with a fizzy white head. Head recedes to a thin lace.

Smell is not pleasant. Skunky and vegetal, also some adjunct "grain" aromas. Yuck. Even in the days before I started drinking craft beer I remember that I would not smell a Bud Light before consuming it because it was just so nasty.

Taste is much better than the smell and is quite smooth really. Not really much flavor but there is some malt sweetness and grain. Zip for hops.

This baby is watery thin, but it drinks pretty easy.

This is not a beer I would drink with any regularity whatsoever but it makes a pretty drinkable camping beer. Smell aside, not a bad macro.

07-08-2008 02:23:16 | More by number1bum
scottyshades

2.58/5  rDev +39.5%

I think I would have to say that BL mite be my favorite Macro. When I cannot afford good beer, I always end up running to the supermarket and grab these. Also, since alot of my friends dont drink good beer, they usually buy this. It IS good for BBQs, the beach, and parties because its cheap and plentiful

07-06-2008 16:30:22 | More by scottyshades
trackstar1043

1.4/5  rDev -24.3%

This was all that was in my friends house and I was thirsty.

A - Pours a watery pale straw color with a nasty fizzy white excuse for a head. Looks like piss water.

S - Straw and metalic aromas, has a slight bitter skunk to it.

T - Just as lousy as the nose and leave a blah aftertaste.

M - Watery and fizzy.

D - Avoid at all cost.

07-03-2008 16:14:11 | More by trackstar1043
yemenmocha

Arizona

1.6/5  rDev -13.5%

Pours very light yellow, almost clear as far as beer goes.

Thin white head doesn't retain long. Nose is faint, grain-like, and quite possibly playing a tug of war with the ambient aromas in the room. (not much nose to be found)

On the palate this beer is noticeably carbonated, thin bodied, and completely lacking in any flavor whatsoever. If they were aiming for a flavorless beer like vodka makers aim for a neutral tasting spirit, then Budweiser has hit the nail on the head.

No redeeming features of this product.

07-02-2008 07:06:36 | More by yemenmocha
unionturf

1.4/5  rDev -24.3%

This has to be the worse tasting crap I have ever subjected my taste buds to in my life. The smell is not there, taste is well...like metal. Looks like urine and I would guess it taste worse. No wonder the world laughs at us when this is the "best seller" we have...you gotta be kidding me?

As stated before I can drink the worse water and have no problem, but this stuff makes me cringe...it's horrible.

06-17-2008 08:30:14 | More by unionturf
Getinthevan

1.75/5  rDev -5.4%

Bud Light is the typical College beer and has only one reason only: to consume as much as possible in a short amount of time to get really hammered.

Appearance is incredibly bland, almost light water with a nonexistant head.

Smell is nonexistent as it has maybe a small hint of some really watered down hops, but nothing spectacular.

Taste is bad from the get go. There's a bitter, highly carbonated aftertaste that tore up my stomach. For a light beer, there's a ton of carbonation.

Mouthfeel is nonexistent and by the time the bottle is done, there's barely any taste whatsoever to savor.

Drinkability lies in getting hammered quickly or for a nice round of beer pong. Other than that, it's really not worth it.

The only time I enjoyed this is when I won it a serious game of Texas Hold 'Em, other than that, it's not on my list of beers to get.

06-15-2008 02:57:09 | More by Getinthevan
PhxHorn

Arizona

Someone bought a bottle of this for my birthday, and how can you turn that down? Might as well review this beer, considering I drank about a million of these in college, so many years ago. Unimpressive appearance, pale yellow. Smell is almost nonexistent. Taste is actually tolerable, some grain and a hint of crisp malt flavor. Until it warms up, that is. At that point, things go south and it's pretty bad. Gotta drink this beer cold, that's for sure.

06-14-2008 02:21:28 | More by PhxHorn
joshwlt

2.35/5  rDev +27%

This was definitely the first beer that I had ever tasted (a long time a go and the only reason why I'm reviewing it) and didn't think I could finish it. Last night while at a birthday party I tried to actually analyze the flavors instead of mindlessly downing it and found that it had light cereal grain (first time I detected "cereal grain" and could recognize it), corn, slightly metallic (even from a bottle), and undoubtedly there must be rice involved (the abv has to come from somewhere!). Barely any hop presence. This stuff is bubbly and watery and hopefully cold. Miller light probably has more of a pilsner, light barley malt taste in it but it still doesn't make it much better. It has a strange afterbite in it that I cannot pinpoint. This is soda water with a drop of bad tasting beer in it. Yet it is drinkable because of how non-existent it is (I gave it a 3.5 for drink) so if you're drinking/chugging as fast as you can you can catch a buzz.

06-12-2008 21:42:02 | More by joshwlt
Offa

2.2/5  rDev +18.9%

This is obviosuly not good stuff, but it is drinkable and inoffesnive, better than a lot of "light beer" out there and even a number of other beers.

Very pale yellow, it has a decent, large white head that steadily shrinks but never vanishes, leaving a decent thin foamy top.

The aroma is very light grain, a faint hint of grassy hops, and a little soapiness. The taste is similar, with very light but noticeable grain-grassy flavour, a faint hint of apple, and a faint hint of dishwater. It's also rather watery, but less so than some, and is rather easy to drink.

Compared to Coors Light or even regular Coors, it looks, tastes, and feels better.

06-09-2008 17:52:47 | More by Offa
KeefD

1.88/5  rDev +1.6%

So, I ran out of Sierra Nevada at my sister's graduation party and had to switch to these. UGH! Pee-yellow, light carbonation, impressive head for what it is. Smells faintly of corn and malts. Taste is completely watered down. So watered down in fact, I added some lemonade to it and created a shandy which made it taste like watered down lemonade. Not a good beer by any means.

06-08-2008 21:52:33 | More by KeefD
soupyman10

District of Columbia

2.53/5  rDev +36.8%

Um...I don't really know what to say. It's not good, okay, I mean, it's really terrible. It looks like pee-pee, and it smells like corn, and maybe some slight sweet malt. The nose and flavor are incredibly weak maltiness, with absolutely no hops...as in, I don't think they actually use hops in this "beer." Sad but true. Feel is thin and weak. I dunno, it gets you drunk, but it's truly awful.

06-07-2008 02:47:41 | More by soupyman10
meatmallet

2.05/5  rDev +10.8%

A: Light yellow with no head left, just a small ring around the edge.

S: Very light hopps and nothing more.

T: Like water with a touch of beer added. Lots of carbonation and a bad aftertaste.

M: Carbonated yet flat. How do you pull that off?

D: Not again

06-06-2008 21:41:09 | More by meatmallet
MusicaleMike

3.25/5  rDev +75.7%

I have been drinking such great beers recently that I thought it about time to bring my senses back into focus. I had a feeling that a cheap light lager would do the trick. I do not normally drink light lagers, because I believe that finding a really quality light lager that I would enjoy would be a difficult task. I believe equally that making a tasty light beer is a difficult task, considering that one of the main goals is to eliminate excessive calories, which is normally not a concern of the great brewers out there. So, I picked up two light beers (Yuengling Light Beer for comparison) tonight and tried Bud Light from a 16 oz. bottle, which I poured into a pilsener glass. Born on date reads: 2/8/08

A: With a vigorous pour, I get a thick white head with fairly small bubbles sitting on top of a crystal clear, pale straw body. I am impressed by how long the head stays around for, especially after dissipating to a thinner layer on top of the beer. No lace on the glass and very little active carbonation present in the beer.

S: This is a very clean smelling beer. It is difficult to smell much of anything. However, there is the vaguest hop aroma accompanied by the typical AB smell. This shows up in the taste as well.

T: Rice and malt are there, much more than any hop flavor. There is the distinctive flavor from Anheuser-Busch beers, which comes from their Beechwood aging process, which personally I really like. I think it adds something where nothing used to be...Also, call me crazy but there are some light fruity esters that show up when the beer warms a bit.

M: The mouthfeel is smooth and light bodied. This is what one wants in their light lager.

D: The Bud Light was easy to drink. And since I found that it wasn't lacking in character, I could have another. If light beer was something I wanted in my life, I might pick this one up again.

06-03-2008 07:35:39 | More by MusicaleMike
abecall98

1.3/5  rDev -29.7%

Went out with my friend to celebrate her birthday last night. The club had an expensive menu, but were offering bud light for 2 bucks. What they hey, I am buzzing, and need to keep it going for cheap. Big Mistake.

Appearance - In a bottle, couldn't really make it out in a dark club.

Smell - Awful, just completely unpleasant. Smells like raw bread.

Taste - It does not taste like water like most people make it out. Water does not make me cringe while I drink it. It is just an awful sensation of flavor.

Mouthfeel - Feels foamy, and has a nasty texture to it.

Drinkability - Honestly, I can not see how it has become Americas top selling beer. It does not make me want to grab another. Sure, it wont feel you up and you can drink as many as you want, but why punish yourself?

For a light beer expirience that provides low calories, with exceptional flavor and drinkability, Sam Adams light does the trick well. It is no wonder the rest of the world shames our beer drinking palate, when this crap brew is the number one seller in America.

06-01-2008 23:06:56 | More by abecall98
Onenote81

2.48/5  rDev +34.1%

This is the beer that most of my friends routinely drink, and I'm not so sure why. It's weak, it smells awful, and it goes down like yellow water...if you know what I mean. Never retains head, minimal lacing, bad taste, bad smell. There's really nothing redeemable about this beer at all.

05-29-2008 20:36:09 | More by Onenote81
andreasmwatt

Colorado

2.6/5  rDev +40.5%

A - Very Light, Head OK

S - Nothing fantastic.

T - Water with a hint of hops

Mouthfeel - See above (Taste)

Drinkability - Goes down like Water

Very Very Very average beer. If your intentions are to consume as much fermented grain as possible than this is ok but other than that find a better beer!

05-26-2008 02:36:08 | More by andreasmwatt