Bud Light - Anheuser-Busch

Anheuser-Busch visit their website
Missouri, United States

Light Lager |  4.20% ABV

Beer added by: BeerAdvocate on 08-22-2001

Sort by:  Recent | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Bud Light Alström Bros
Reviews: 1,343 | Hads: 5,284
1.56/5  rDev -20.8%

I don't even know how to rate beers this low. Really, what's the difference between a 1.75 and 2.5? On what basis do you make that distinction? An "F" is an "F", know what I mean? Crap in a can. Why NOT just drink water?

Can I also just add that "drinkable" is not a relevant category to me? This may sound sacrilegious, but pounding beers all night isn't my primary goal here, you know? If I drink a 17% beer, then fine, I'm only having one beer, and that isn't a nightmare scenario that ruins my whole night. No one talks about "session" wines or whiskies, or criticizes them on that basis.

My point being that, for me, the fact that you can drink endless amounts of this beer and never get drunk or gain a pound isn't a point in its favor. (744 characters)

1.38/5  rDev -29.9%
look: 1.25 | smell: 1.25 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 1.25

Before I ordered this on tap at the pub (and I only did this out of morbid curiosity), I had never once tried Bud Light. I have no interest in drinking it, and I even said going in that I was going to regret it. And oh how I regretted it. After the very first sip of this swill, I thought, "Should I just let this sit and order something else?" But no, once I have made a decision, even a bad one, I intend to follow through. And follow through I did, against the sea of putrid dreck that confronted me. After all, I spent two bucks on this garbage.

Appearance: Yellow piss, and absolutely no head. It resembles horse urine. Maybe it is horse urine. A few weeks ago I criticized Miller Lite for not being beer. I take that back, because compared to this stuff, Miller Lite at least looks like beer.

Aroma: The faintest smell of skunk. That's it.

Taste: Just forget it. There is really nothing here to speak of. I am not even sure why I'm bothering here really. This is just awful beer.

Mouthfeel: No carbonation, no discernible sensory input here. Nothing. It's just nothing.

Overall: I am not sure what accounts for the popularity of this rotten piss water. This is truly some of the worst stuff I've ever endured. And don't tell me that it's popular because it's cheap. There are any number of cheap alternatives that easily beat out this awful slop. I felt obligated to try it because... because... you know, I forgot a long time ago why I even ordered this. Well, now at least I can say from experience that this beer is not worth drinking. That's the booby prize, I suppose. (1,606 characters)

Boring and bland for sure. Not a lot of flavor. Busch light is better. Busch light is my lawn mower lager in the summer time. Bud light doesnt tank simply because it is one of the easiest beers to drink period. Supreme drinkabilty takes this beer where it needs to be. Comparing this to other BMC beers, this is better than coors, mainly because of the metallic taste present in coors light. Miller lite is a little stronger flavor. For what this beer sets out to be, which is a bland boring beer with very little taste, it reigns supreme. This is for people who just want a hint of beer taste. This isnt really something i would compare to Sierra Nevada or Sam Adams. Its just a light beer. This is one of the best party beers in my opinion. Sam Adams Boston Lager was my first good quality beer. i've had so many beers i can't really remember which one i had first. had to have been SA Boston Lager or Blue Moon Belgian white. Then my 3rd one was Bud light. I actually enjoy Bud light. I have nostalgia with Bud. Its been me and my buddy's fishing beer and party beer since 2 years ago. Lot of memories. The alcohol wasnt what made the memories, its the being with friends all having a good time. the fact it was Bud Light just makes me like this beer. May not be good compared to real flavored beer. Its just my official party beer. You bring in the bud light, its usually my first 30 pack finished at the party, followed by the coors light and bud light lime. People i party with also love corona. Pretty much, you will find this at any party worth a damn, or Alternatively Miller lite or Coors Light, or Busch too. I've brought busch, we're talking southern parties in corn fields with bonfires. brought some busch light and some bud light, and it was a good night. Any party worth anything at all will have bud coors or miller, or maybe busch, but other than that none of the off brand products. This is the supreme party beer for beer pong. Some good times partying with this beer. Still, lot better things out there. Just advertising makes this sell so well. (2,070 characters)

Experienced in : US
Appealing to me : being "light"
Less appealing to me : taste; good to take only when really cold

I will not drink this beer unless there are no other choices. (194 characters)

2.25/5  rDev +14.2%

I wasn't expecting much and yeah it is by no means a great beer, but it certainly goes well with a feiry curry as a thirst quencher.

This beer has its time and place, and is definitely better than no beer at all. (214 characters)

1.75/5  rDev -11.2%

This was introduced to my hometown as a breaking imported beer that came to own the rest.

I have never thought that it's so great, but nor I think that it's so awful, it's a good choice to drink on a weekend night while watching something with your friends or family, specially because here it usually have discounts, such as 24 beers for 8 USD. (346 characters)

1.75/5  rDev -11.2%

This swill is just above Natty Light. And I mean JUST. Only because I don't feel like I just drank old well water after it goes down. Don't understand how it's so popular. Would never buy. (188 characters)

I marked this as want... I can't find this ANYWHERE. It's so polarizing that I've got to try it. If only momma could lend me the keys to her mini van so I could drive into town to find it.... looks like it's toilet wine again (225 characters)

1.75/5  rDev -11.2%

Why are you reading reviews for this? You know what bud light tastes like. The fact that their selling point is "drinkability" with little else mentioned already tells you everything you need to know. It's cheap light beer that accomplishes exactly what it's trying to accomplish, it goes down easy. (299 characters)

1.25/5  rDev -36.5%

It's drinkable, but it's hardly a beer. If "camo" is one of your favorite patterns to wear on your everyday attire, then you'd more than likely go gaga over this carbonated urine. (179 characters)

1.27/5  rDev -35.5%

Served from the can at a tailgate session.

Looks reasonably like a beer, but no smell or feel to speak of, and next to no taste. A reasonable substitute for water. Only offensive in its lack of "beerness"; it doesn't taste unpleasant- it just doesn't taste at all. (267 characters)

1.35/5  rDev -31.5%
look: 1 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1.25 | feel: 1.25 | overall: 1.5

Had a pint on tap at Chicago Dogs in Scarborough, Maine, a place with really terrific hot dogs and much better beers than this on tap.

Appearance: Pours a clear yellow with no head at all. Looks very much like urine.

Aroma: Like it's big brother, it sort of smells like used rice cooker water. It's more faint, which I guess is kind of a good thing.

Taste: Gross. Tastes like a regrettable frat party, the halftime bathroom line of a mid-grade sports event, or the floor of an Applebee's. It's basically rice-tasting water.

Mouthfeel: The only thing more watery is water.

Overall: I like that it came served in a Patriots Bud Light glass. I gave this beer a legit shot - I drank it with hot dogs while watching sports - effectively handing it home field advantage. But it's just bad. There's no reason to drink this as long as tap water remains free. (855 characters)

3.25/5  rDev +65%

A great introduction into the world of beer, smooth and easy to drink. The beer you want in a bong. It will not get the love here because the lack of taste, but with out most wouldn't be here. (192 characters)

1.75/5  rDev -11.2%
look: 1.75 | smell: 1.75 | taste: 1.75 | feel: 1.75 | overall: 1.75

You know this is awful. Why are you even reading this? Mild watery malt base supports a trace of hop and something like defeat. I guess if you're at a social event and this is all there is, you can always leave, right? Take a pass. (231 characters)

1.75/5  rDev -11.2%

I've had worse, and it serves its purpose at times. The issue for me here is not that it's a mass produced, nothing beer, more that I question if this is really beer at all? People drink it with ice ffs!

I'll turn my nose up at it for sure, but at a pinch, I'll drink it. (272 characters)

This isn't bad, but really nothing going to speak of. Its flavor, or lack thereof is the reason so many people like this. In my lineup of Light beers, This doesn't get a metallic taste. People on here tell people to start with the strong beers. Trust me, my cousin did that and he hates beer now. Start on something light. People say don't let bud light be someones first beer. Honestly when you first start drinking beer, you want something with a little flavor but nothing too strong. The reason i say this, is i started with blue moon. I almost hated beer from the beginning because i tried something so strong. Then, my friend gave me a bud light. I took a drink. It was nice and refreshing and didn't overwhelm me with flavor. It was good. The reason people buy bud light, and its the number one selling beer in america, is because it doesn't offend. Its light, doesn't have much flavor and is really refreshing. Nothing to speak about, but nothing that offends either. It gets a three out of five. Its an average macro lager. (1,034 characters)

Had this beer many times at parties, or tailgating.
Its a party beer.
That being said it's very watery, no real great flavor, Coors light is a better beer, but both are bad. Do yourself a favor spend a little bit more of money or less quantity for a better beer. You might as well be drinking water with a nasty taste. (320 characters)

Unpalatable! Worst beer i can think of with the exception of warm Honduran beers in clear glass bottles. The gray water from rinsing out my morning oatmeal bowl has more grain flavor than this swill. This isn't good even if its free! Friends shouldn't let friends drink shitty beer!! (287 characters)

If there were a soda fountain for beer, this would be the product.

Color: Paler than the corn it is made from
Flavor: Dry, Corn water that was exposed to one flower of Willamette hops at 50 yards
Carbonation: Notice the aforementioned Soda Fountain
Smell: Sulfides and a hint of Grain

Overall Impression: Drink something else (328 characters)

2.25/5  rDev +14.2%

Far from the best tasting beer, I feel guilty admitting that this beer has a special place in my heart when I have to play a concert - I can drink a few without getting truly drunk, just perpetually buzzed. Obviously not the brew of choice for beer snobs... (258 characters)

2.07/5  rDev +5.1%

Bud Light. Bud Light. It's so popular I said it twice. Ask me again, I won't be so nice.

Bud Light is the #1 brewski around these parts, and also in most of the US I assume. What's so great about it? What's so not great about it? I'll crack a bottle and hash out the details...

Serving style : 12 oz glass bottle, poured into Miller Fortune glass (there's an idiosyncrasy)

Appearance (1.5) : Pale straw-like color with minimal head that disintegrates rapidly. Lots of bubbly carbonation.

Smell (2.5) : Rice malts, A little floral, faint copper. Lots of sweetness. Clean water. Reminiscent of Budweiser. A good bouquet.

Taste (2.5) : Smooth and crisp. Fairly delicious. Super carbonated, belches come almost immediately. Nothing specific pops out in the flavor, so I'm reaching a little when I say I taste corn, husks, a little malt, and some residual grain sweetness. A smokey metallic penny flavor wraps it up in the finish. So there's nothing really offending here.

Bud Light is hard to hate because there's so little to it. There's no flavors to point at and say "that's not right". Without much there, there's not much to criticize. All's well that ends well.

Mouthfeel (1) : Spiky, painful carbonation. Drinks like a brick. Leaves a slightly pasty dry finish.

Overall (2.07) : I know why people buy this stuff, it's because there's almost nothing to be offended at and it drinks like a soda. When you have no taste, there's less chance of bitterness or off-notes. The longer you brew a beer, the more broken down it gets, and thus you have "light" beer. I far prefer the full taste of Budweiser over a Bud Light, about 10 to 1, but Bud Light isn't half bad if you're looking for a refreshing drink for the crowd that no one will object to. Best beer ever? That would be ludicrous. Best beer for frat parties? That might even be stretching it. Best beer for beer-ignorant taste-challenged rowdy boys and girls who sit around the bonfire sharing prepubescent humor and chasing tail - now that's more like it. (2,023 characters)

1.53/5  rDev -22.3%

Hee hawww! I was a fixin' the grand am while watchin' some nascar an' traded a rusty rim for this. I want my rusty rim back... This is what cat piss tastes like when fermented.

A: Cat piss
S: Cat piss
T: hops that fell into water
M: water
O: I refuse to drink this anymore, even if free. Drain pour, it's dirty water. (319 characters)

2.2/5  rDev +11.7%

This is what you get when you pee in miller lite. A somehow more disappointing beer. At least the extreme carbonation is a little less harsh, but otherwise... there's just nothing here. It's like alcoholic water. It's... just... sooo.... blah. I really don't understand the extreme fanaticism of the fans of this beer. (318 characters)

Let's put it this way:

This beer is the definition of AVOID.

Simply because it is cheap and convenient does not mean you should even consider this beer.

Full of genetically modified organisms (GMO corn).

Enough said.

Love life,
I am a Sea Creature (look it up) (265 characters)

1.57/5  rDev -20.3%
look: 1 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1.75 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 1.5

Pours a clear yellow with a thin fizzy head. The smell was mostly rice if anything at all. The taste was a lot more rice. Was not a fan but to just have something at a party. I can understand why this would be chosen. I should not be able to clearly read small print through a beer though. (289 characters)

Bud Light from Anheuser-Busch