Bud Light - Anheuser-Busch

Anheuser-Busch visit their website
Missouri, United States

Light Lager |  4.20% ABV

Beer added by: BeerAdvocate on 08-22-2001

Sort by:  Recent | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Bud Light Alström Bros
Ratings: 5,250 | Reviews: 1,493
3.61/5  rDev +95.1%
look: 3.75 | smell: 2.75 | taste: 4 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.75

Again, rating this beer along other American style Lagers:
Not bad.

Impressively refreshing.
Incredibly light.
Not alot of flavor, but enough for a session beer.
It feels and goes down like water (which it is made to do) but definably does not "taste like water".
The irrational hate comes from it being shoved down our throats (through Ads) our whole life.
All that being said. Its the number one selling beer in the world for a reason. Dont drink this beer if you're wanting to analyze it. Drink it if you just want to drink a refreshing LIGHT beer that you can drink alot of without getting too crazy.

1.39/5  rDev -24.9%

Crisp lager look with that ugly cheap American lager taste.

1.56/5  rDev -15.7%

Smells terrible, taste worse, was at a family graduation party and it's all they had. I'll admit I'm a craft beer snob and proud of it. I very rarely drink regular beer and this beer is one of the reasons why.

4.12/5  rDev +122.7%
look: 4.75 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 4 | overall: 4.25

SWEET BABY JESUS! I believe I have seen heaven after drinking this beer. So fresh and so clean! I can see the rivers of heaven flowing with this delightful nectar from the gods. I'm going to baptize my children in Bud Light. YEE HAW! Can't wait to bring this bad boy to my next beer tasting!

2.5/5  rDev +35.1%
look: 2.5 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 2.5

One two three four five

3.03/5  rDev +63.8%

Pretty bad, but I challenge you to brew a better looking lager.

2.75/5  rDev +48.6%

Not bad , but not great

1.23/5  rDev -33.5%
look: 1.5 | smell: 1 | taste: 1.25 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 1.25

"If a nickel could urinate, it would taste like Bud Light."

Should probably be considered a crime to brew, sell, buy, or drink this beer. About the only pros were that it didn't literally kill me, and that might have been a downside, since it didn't end the suffering in my mouth.

the few words ive typed for this review has already given this beer to much credit. ............................ water

1.06/5  rDev -42.7%

Watery, Just bad overall. Prefer any other beer made over this except bud.

I wouldn't buy anything from ab inbev, it's the least I can somewhat settle for when someone offers me a can at a house party.

Everything that a beer shouldn't be.

1.07/5  rDev -42.2%

A good standard for mediocricy

1.88/5  rDev +1.6%

I do my best to avoid unnecessary criticism. I don't want to be a beer snob. But this isn't a very good beer. In all honesty, maybe it is as good as some other macro lagers. Maybe it is the hype that turns me off. Plus I grew up with all these loyal Bud Light drinkers. People who scoffed at what they deemed to be lesser beers such as Miller Light, Coors Light, etc. Those people are obnoxious. And so are the never ending Bud Light commercials. So in a blind taste test maybe I would rate this beer a little higher. Many times I go back to $$$. If this beer was priced like The Beast Light or even AB/InBev's Busch Light maybe I would rate it higher. But it's not, so I wont.

1.15/5  rDev -37.8%

For me disgusting beer, light is only the taste and for marketing , ABV is similar to normal lager beer

2.23/5  rDev +20.5%
look: 2.5 | smell: 2 | taste: 2.25 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 2.25

Nothing really stands out with this beer. Not impressed. There are a lot of cheaper beers I would drink before this.

3.12/5  rDev +68.6%

nothing special about the looks or smell, good crisp mild taste and smooth going down with no bad aftertaste. Don't understand all the bad ratings.

1.41/5  rDev -23.8%
look: 3 | smell: 1.25 | taste: 1.25 | feel: 1.25 | overall: 1.5

Just not a good beer in every sense possible

Purely and simply a mass produced "beer" no quality. Bad taste , extremely filling. Over -carbonated, and low abv. Anheuser Busch can hate on craft beer all it wants but its still picking up craft breweries? I don't get it. Don't drink this unless its free. Please?

I'd rather not drink than drink this.

When it comes to a macro lite beer this is the worst of the worst.

4.18/5  rDev +125.9%
look: 4 | smell: 4 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.25

Only light beer I enjoy. Great session beer especially during summer. Pour some V8 in it and it's delicious.

"If water could go bad, this is what it would taste like."
"tastes like the ghost of a dead lemon"
"tastes like water strained from a gutter full of dogs teeth"
"tastes like a liquid John Mayer song"

3.83/5  rDev +107%

Listen. I may be breaking the rules here but I'm rating this not as a beer in general but for what it's worth.

For a beer snob (90% of BA) why would you even review this?

C'MON MAN!

Seriously, yes it has no taste or smell. But isn't that better than a bad taste and smell?

It has MORE flavor than a coors light.

It has less flavor than a miller lite, which is great because miller lite tastes like warm shit even when it's cold.

If this is at a bar for 1$ pints, this is a 10/10 beer. If you can get a 6 pack from any establishment for 8$ after 2am, this is a 10/10 beer. If you're throwing a kegger it's still okay when it's not.ice cold (unlike miller lite or budweiser)

In.general, a 3/10 at best

For what it's worth, what it's being sold for, it's target audience, and the limited options you have when there's only 2-5 beers and that's one of em, fuckin bud light gets a 7.89/10.

Don't be such pretentious cunts, call.a spade a spade and rate the shit beers on a bell curve.

Bud Light from Anheuser-Busch