Bud Light - Anheuser-Busch

awful

Anheuser-Busch visit their website
Missouri, United States

Light Lager |  4.20% ABV

(Beer added by: BeerAdvocate on 08-22-2001)
Sort by:  Recent | Likes | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Bud Light Alström Bros
1.79/5  rDev -3.2%

1.24/5  rDev -33%

2.85/5  rDev +54.1%

2.25/5  rDev +21.6%

1.48/5  rDev -20%

I don't even know how to rate beers this low. Really, what's the difference between a 1.75 and 2.5? On what basis do you make that distinction? An "F" is an "F", know what I mean? Crap in a can. Why NOT just drink water?

Can I also just add that "drinkable" is not a relevant category to me? This may sound sacrilegious, but pounding beers all night isn't my primary goal here, you know? If I drink a 17% beer, then fine, I'm only having one beer, and that isn't a nightmare scenario that ruins my whole night. No one talks about "session" wines or whiskies, or criticizes them on that basis.

My point being that, for me, the fact that you can drink endless amounts of this beer and never get drunk or gain a pound isn't a point in its favor.

1.39/5  rDev -24.9%
look: 1.25 | smell: 1.25 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 1.25

Before I ordered this on tap at the pub (and I only did this out of morbid curiosity), I had never once tried Bud Light. I have no interest in drinking it, and I even said going in that I was going to regret it. And oh how I regretted it. After the very first sip of this swill, I thought, "Should I just let this sit and order something else?" But no, once I have made a decision, even a bad one, I intend to follow through. And follow through I did, against the sea of putrid dreck that confronted me. After all, I spent two bucks on this garbage.

Appearance: Yellow piss, and absolutely no head. It resembles horse urine. Maybe it is horse urine. A few weeks ago I criticized Miller Lite for not being beer. I take that back, because compared to this stuff, Miller Lite at least looks like beer.

Aroma: The faintest smell of skunk. That's it.

Taste: Just forget it. There is really nothing here to speak of. I am not even sure why I'm bothering here really. This is just awful beer.

Mouthfeel: No carbonation, no discernible sensory input here. Nothing. It's just nothing.

Overall: I am not sure what accounts for the popularity of this rotten piss water. This is truly some of the worst stuff I've ever endured. And don't tell me that it's popular because it's cheap. There are any number of cheap alternatives that easily beat out this awful slop. I felt obligated to try it because... because... you know, I forgot a long time ago why I even ordered this. Well, now at least I can say from experience that this beer is not worth drinking. That's the booby prize, I suppose.

2.75/5  rDev +48.6%