Bud Light - Anheuser-Busch

Anheuser-Busch visit their website
Missouri, United States

Light Lager |  4.20% ABV

Beer added by: BeerAdvocate on 08-22-2001

Sort by:  Recent | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Bud Light Alström Bros
Ratings: 5,250 | Reviews: 1,493
2.4/5  rDev +29.7%

Appearance: Light straw, Crystal clear. One finger head that diminished quickly leaving little to no lace.

Smell: Lightly hop kind of lacking strength.

Taste: Bitter, acidic, light hops. Defiantly has a hint of corn. Clean finish with little after taste.

Mouthfeel: Watery, Light extremely carbonated.

Drinkability: One could drink many of these if he did not desire flavor and complexity. I found it rather tasteless and boring.

1.73/5  rDev -6.5%

I bought a 12 oz can of this tonight just for reviewing. This marks the only time in my life where I bought a Bud Light for myself, and after tonight, I'll have more justification to why I don't. Poured into a chilled glass, on to the beer:

At first, a decent apearance is formed; very pale blonde with an average head with decent retention. There's a noteable smell of grains, but not much else. Speaking of grains, that's the only taste I can get of out of this beer too. Okay, to be fair, this tastes like fizzy water at first, and ends in corn, odd considering I don't think they use corn in the recipe. Thin feeling with a brush of carbonation.

If it's offered, I'll drink it, but it's not something I would purchase for myself again.

1.63/5  rDev -11.9%

Poured into a mug. Pale, pale yellow in color with the thin head that is large at first but almost immediately goes away. Lots of carbonation climbing to the surface - basically, it looks like carbonated water with yellow food coloring. Smells medicinal almost - if anything, it is a clean nearly sterile smell. Taste is basically non-existent, like carbonated water with a little bit of corn and hops (maybe?). Mouthfeel is thin - very, very light. All of this said, I can see why people can drink this all night. It's basically water with a bit of what could be construed as beer flavoring. Recommendation to avoid.

1.69/5  rDev -8.6%

(Served in a strange)

A- This beer pours a bright yellow crystal clear body with a big boiling carbonation that races to the surface. There is a pale white head that fades to a small cloud of thin film pretty quickly. I just can't get over how oddly yellow this body is.

S- The soft hint of bitter hops has no depth but has a faint hint of woodruff as it warms. It is almost like woodruff candy but not really sweet.

T- This beer has a flavor of carbonic acid with a finish of hop bitterness at the finish. There is a faint hint of woodruff and corn when it warms.

M- This beer has a super light mouthfeel with a fizzy finish. There is a watery texture to the mouthfeel but it is covered up by the fizz in the finish.

D- This beer really has no flavor except for a hint of hop bitterness. There are no malt qualities anywhere. It taste like hop flavored seltzer water.

1.52/5  rDev -17.8%

This is one beer I simply can't stand to drink anymore. I did drink plenty of this before reaching this point though. The beer first of all is a "light" beer, which Anheuser-Busch has turned into the equivalent of flag football -
the game is there, but someone decided it would be better if none of the fun was. The color looks shockingly clear, and the flavor isn't much better. However, after the watery alcohol has gone down your throat, there's the Bud Light aftertaste, a thing so horrible and disgusting it hasn't been perfected in any other beer (which is definitely a good thing). The aftertaste reminds me of sticky rice that has been left out on a counter to mold for several weeks.

It simply doesn't go down smoothly at all, keeps you dreading the next can, and the next day makes you kick yourself for not getting regular Bud.

1.99/5  rDev +7.6%

This is horrible. It tastes like dirty water to be honest.
a - shockingly urine-coloured
s - somewhere between neutral and slightly chemical
t - metallic (from the can), very watery, no trace of any hops, not much taste at all on the whole (or any worth mentioning)
mf - like bubbly water with a hint of alcohol
d - goes down pretty smoothly but leaves an after-taste

2.07/5  rDev +11.9%

Poured crystal clear with some hints of golden color, 3 finger head that dissipated fairly quick and left some light lace. Smell was that of either corn or rice chex cereal, take your pick. Taste was not much of anything, sweet not related to anything in particular. Watery mouthfeel. I can drink tons of this stuff depending on the situation. I grew up drinking similar type products so this is very drinkable for me even though I don't drink this swill much anymore. It is what it is, a great cooler beer for tailgating.

2.42/5  rDev +30.8%

Hey, what can I say, someone left it after a party, so I drank it. Not much to say about this one. The typical stale aroma, grainy taste and dry finish found in almost all the widely advertised BMC’s. Hey, but at least I’m sparing calories!!! Who cares...bring on the good stuff.

2.35/5  rDev +27%

Dated 12 Aug 06 (past 110 days of "freshness"), can poured into pint glass

A - White lacy head that fades quickly, high carbonation, pale straw in color.

S - Faint sweetness from rice, but I had to search for it.

T - Very light crispness.

M - There's no hop flavor, no malt flavor, just carbonation.

D - This is the best selling beer in the U.S., and for a reason.

2.4/5  rDev +29.7%

THis beer is a good light beer but still a typical macro light beer. Light golden color with an ok head. Smells malty. Tastes a little malty but not really like much of anything. Watery, carbonated mouthfeel. Decent light beer, so it's ok if you're looking to drink a lot of it and don't want to get that "full" feeling.

2.14/5  rDev +15.7%

Can of Bud Light, offered at my in-laws.

This review reflects my honest assessment of a beer within a style that isn't a favorite. And to be honest, it doesn't suck. Out right. It's only offense is that it doesn't dare to be anything.

I didn't actually pour it in a glass, so I'll assume appearance is average for style. Perhaps that means I'm not given it justice in the aroma department? There is a bit of smell that I don't know how to describe other than American macrobeer smell. No malt, no hops, just that slightly acrid smell that typifies the style, in my mind.

The taste actually did surprise me. I initially could taste some grainyness and a small amount of sweetness which is much than tasting nothing. Hops? I don't think there are any. Bitterness? Not really. Just what is imparted by the carbonation. You can only taste that grainy sweetness because there isn't anything else complex.

Mouthfeel is thin, which is the style I suppose.

Drinkability is like carbonated water. Not my favorite.

1.96/5  rDev +5.9%

First, a necessary caveat: I was offered this for free as part of the motel's promotional program while I was staying. It's not like I had a choice (I was bored).

Pour is a light, light transparent gold with a small white head. No aroma at all, except that a swirl reconstitutes the head with a light corny smell.

Taste is not horrible. *Very* light pale malt, a little corn, a little sweet. No hop flavor at all, moderately refreshing for about half a glass but nearly intolerable if it gets warm to any degree. Overall, a very neutral flavor.

Mouthfeel is very thin, watery, but the tap serving is soft, crisp and fizzy. Perfect for what it is, I guess, but I'll pass.

2.35/5  rDev +27%

A: The beer looks just like it should, Dull it has a golden yellow color, and when poured into a mug the head quickly dissipates into a thin inconspicuous lace.

S: Very clean smell not much to it. Can faintly smell some bit of hops.

T: The taste is just pathetic. I have truly forgotten how watered down this light beer really is. Taste like Sparkling water with a little alcohol and hops.

M: The mouthfeel is like expected plain. Very light & smooth.

D: Overall the drinkability is not to great. The only exception to this is if its the only beer around, or your at a sporting event.

2.25/5  rDev +21.6%

Well, this was all my friend had (what type of friend is he?), so I'll review it. No pour, just out of the bottle, but I have seen it before. Pale, straw, almost clear, right?
Smelled of a lager, but weak. Malts and grains, alcohol.
Taste was of a semi-sweetness malt, some hints of rye and little anything else.
Not good mouthfeel, but not horrible. Easy drinking if you drink for the not-taste of it.
Party beer for the kiddos.

2.13/5  rDev +15.1%

Ya know as a rule I'd say it's like Budweiser, just watered down a lot. I won't lie, I've drank this beer a ton of times like most people and it's good for a buzz and that's about it.

Bottle poors a light, watered down corn look with some foam that quickly disappears and usually a small amount of lace remains throughout then goes away. Light smell of rice I guess, tastes pretty much the same, a little rice taste, basically 1/2 the taste as Bud heavy. Aftertaste is particulary worse than Bud that evokes a cringe feeling half the time.

I'd prefer a cheaper light beer like Keystone Light or Old Style Light for drinking for buzz.

1.63/5  rDev -11.9%

Well I've drank this beer many times before, but I figured I would sit down with one and give it a fair shake in the review process. That didn't help it in the least. The beer pours a bright yellow/straw color with a small white head that dissappears quickly. It smells of many things, none of which are appetizing in the least. Vegetables, corn, sweet... candy? Odd set of smells.

It doesn't taste any better. Besides being watered-down and over-carbonated, there are flavors of corn, some kind of cheap grain, and maybe some bitter (albeit neutered) hops. It feels like a sour soda pop in your mouth and is drinkable in large doses only if it's accompanied by ping-pong balls and plastic cups. There's really no other reason to drink this beer if you have any interest at all in "flavor" or "quality."

2.03/5  rDev +9.7%

Poured from a 12oz bottle into a pint glass.

Appearance - Pours with a creamy two-finger white head that quickly dissipates. It settles at a thin layer of lace on top of the beer. The color is a very pale straw...very pale. Moderate carbonation activity within the beer. Almost no lacing is left as you drink.

Smell - Slightly sour and slightly bitter hops with a very mild malt background. Has a somewhat metallic smell overall, with very little alcohol on the nose.

Taste - Bitterness from the hops hits you first, with a sharp metallic malt character just behind that. The finish comes in with a mellow blend of both slight hop bitterness/sourness and slightly rich malt flavor. The aftertaste begins with a very bready character from the malts, and slowly turns into a metallic and hoppy lingering flavor.

Mouthfeel - Super thin, almost like carbonated water. There is barely any smoothness and actually feels "sharp." Extremely-light bodied and almost no weight to the beer. The carbonation is too high in my opinion, and while it does provide a refreshing aspect to the beer, it has a negative foaming effect in the mouth.

Drinkability - Very light-bodied and has strong carbonation. Defintiely refreshing and I could probably drink ten of these easily. The nasty flavor (what flavor there is) does, however, dock some points from this category.

A pretty crappy lager, in my opinion. It just lacks too much in every department except drinkability, and its lacking in the other departments are what make it so strong in the aforementioned. Not impressed. It's worth a try if you haven't had it, but I definitely won't be having this beer again.

1.72/5  rDev -7%

Pours a pale yellow color with a large 1 inch head that goes away quickly. Resembles a freshly voided urine specimen in appearance. Just looking at this beer in the glass made my testicles shrink to the size of raisins.
Aroma was of cereal grains and slightly fruity, citrusy notes in the nose. Taste was similar to every other U.S. macro: fruity taste mixed with some corny/vegetable flavors and light malt character. Hop character non-existent. Mouthfeel was very light on the palate, just a step above water. Drinkability was terrible. The almost total lack of taste made this a drain pour after only half the can was gone. Not recommended.

2.6/5  rDev +40.5%

For a light beer, Bud Light isn't that bad, but not that great by any means. After drinking my homebrews and other thick, rich tasting beers, Bud Light tends to give me a water like taste. No matter what the beer comes in, the taste is about the same quality.

2.21/5  rDev +19.5%

Bud light gives me a splitting head ache. Not in the morning, but rather while I am drinking it, and that prevents me from drinking it that much. The smell and the mouthfeel are kind of offensive, but the appearance isn't that awful for a mass produced brew. Don't drink and review.

1.45/5  rDev -21.6%
look: 1.5 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 1 | overall: 1.5

Pours a very pale yellow with minimal head. The beer smells and tastes just like what it is made from-- inferior products. Mainly grains and weak flavoring of alcohol mixed with water The mouthfeel is very heavily carbonated. If a friend offers and this is what they have, I'll be polite and drink it... that's about it.

2.38/5  rDev +28.6%

Left in the fridge. Bud light pours a clear yellow witha fizzy head that quickly disappears. Smell is slighly grainy. Taste is about the same, no discernible hops at all. I have to give this beer credit, its completely non-offensive, the only thing to complain about is its lack of flavor.

2.93/5  rDev +58.4%

Serving Type - 12oz bottle born on 26august

Apperance - light yellow, kinda looks like arrogant bastard after your piss it out. white head that doesnt want to be there at all..it just runs away..

Smell - ? not much smell...smells like lemons and club soda..

Mouthfeel - Clean, water,crisp good carbonation...i like the mouthfeel of this beer

Notes - good refreshing beer not much flavor smell and not the best looking beer. but it quenches my thirst on hot south texas days the drinkability is awsome...not very hard at all to drink a six pack of this.

3.15/5  rDev +70.3%

BUD LIGHT. I prefer the A-B products over the "headache in a bottle," Miller. Bud Light has been slammed and even I will admit it is a cheap beer, however, the quality far exceeds the price. In comparison to other beers in the same price catagory, Bud light, provides the best taste and drinkability. Bud Light is thinner than Traditional Budweiser and the mouthfeel is lacking also.

2.18/5  rDev +17.8%

Do we really need another in depth Bud Light review?

I’d highly recommend this for anyone who hasn’t tried it, but I’d highly discourage anyone from buying it a second time. The only reason to drink this is if you’re playing drinking games, and even PBR isn’t available.

That being said, this is my brother’s most frequently purchased beer.

Bud Light from Anheuser-Busch