Bud Light - Anheuser-Busch

Anheuser-Busch visit their website
Missouri, United States

Light Lager |  4.20% ABV

Beer added by: BeerAdvocate on 08-22-2001

Sort by:  Recent | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Bud Light Alström Bros
Reviews: 1,358 | Hads: 5,377
1.45/5  rDev -24.5%
look: 1.5 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 1 | overall: 1.5

I've had this many times...many many times growing up and haven't had in a long time so I stopped by the local watering hole out of boredom to write a review of piss beers....now granted I stayed open minded in order to give advocates a fair review.

Served in a pounder glass to wich I asked them not to give me the frosted glass so I could actually taste whatever the beer had to offer. Tiny fizzy head that fades to nothing...I have found that light beers in general have no retention or frothiness. pale yellow hence the word piss refering to this beer throughout.

Smell and taste are exactly the same...Nothing...slight slight hint of grain/wheat.

I was surprised to find out this beer is a 4.2%abv....I give this beer slightly above 1's just because in my book to get a 1 that beer needs to taste like puke,turd,actuall piss or in the ball park...and lets be honest its a bad beer but its not offensive....I can drink this crap all day and hardly get a buzz. Glad I dont deal with this anymore unless forced by circumstance.

1.16/5  rDev -39.6%

Three words. Fizzy. Yellow. Piss.

I'm sorry, but that is the best description I can give this beer. Just plain tasteless and bad. Stay away if you care about your taste buds.

I can't understand how this sells well. It is unfortunate that many people have been conditioned to think that this is the 'king of beers'. People simply don't know what they are missing drinking this alcohol water. Any calories you save by drinking this are marginal, and you lose the ability to enjoy any taste.

1.91/5  rDev -0.5%

I've been waiting for this moment my whole life.

Out of a can into a pilsner glass, just to be fair.

Appearance- Pale yellow beer-water, with no structure to speak of. Thin head dissipates fast with no cling, how boring.

Smell- Awful. Cooked veggies, cereal, rice, blech.

Taste- Metal, then adjuncts. This is so terrible, I can't even believe it. Back in the day I would drink these, usually from a bottle, ice cold down the shore or at a party, where the beer would shoot down the gullet without exploring the tongue. Drinking this from a pilsner glass forces a full gustatory experience, and it is a train wreck.

Mouthfeel/Drinkability- Fizzy water, just bad. We need to wake the world up to better beer, because life is too short to drink this crap.

2.9/5  rDev +51%
look: 2.5 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 4

A clear, very pale yellow. Dense 3 finger head that retains very well, leaving little to no lacing. the smell and taste are predictably very water with a faint adjunct presence. Low alcohol, low carbonation , and lack of taste make a very drinkable, but boring beer. Refreshing and light, but so is water.

1.1/5  rDev -42.7%

Tastes no different than the bottled version, free as well.

Still super yellow with a fizz that dies off, smells like cereal in water, and tastes like nothing.

Dries out the mouth more than in the bottle and also had almost no carbonation. If I ever had to have this again I would rather not drink anything at all or bring a glass with me to the restroom. Not good at all.

1.6/5  rDev -16.7%
look: 1.5 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 2

I was forced to drink a can a Bud Light when I lost a bet to my fiancee. I didn't really want to dirty my profile by reviewing it. But fuck it, a review is a review.

Pale, make that piss yellow, clear as water, with a minute white head that instantly falls in to a very thin ring. Lace, ha ha.

I figured a frosted pint glass was the way to go, VERY cold. It rendered the beer utterly oderless. No nose, nothing.

The flavor is beer like with light corn and grain notes. More of a beer flavored club soda with some alcohol in it.

Body is razor thin, watery, and soda like. I think it would be better with some sugar and lemon juice in it. Beerinade.

2.53/5  rDev +31.8%
look: 3 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 2.5

Not a good job even for a large american macrobrew. This beer pours a light yellow color with no head and has a metallic grain like scent. The taste is slightly malty, somewhat metallic and almost stale. Very little appealing flavor. Needs more kick and a higher ABV.

1.5/5  rDev -21.9%

appearance: looks like urine no head exept when you first pour it

smell: smell is light not really a strong smell

taste: the taste... there's not really any taste to it which is what you come to expect from light beer

mouthfeel: not really a good mouth feel

drinkaility: if i want to drink water i'll drink water but i'll stick to the real deal beer

1.81/5  rDev -5.7%

Pours a light straw with a foamy head that is gone in seconds. Leaves behind nothing but fizzy liquid.

Smells a bit like hop oils, corn, rice and grain.

Thin malt, cooked veggie and rice play for a bit, then a flash of hop bitterness hits, a touch grassy. Finishes dry and aftertaste soon dissapears.

Water bodied. A lot of people drink this, and they drink it fast and cold. There is a reason for that.

2.55/5  rDev +32.8%

Well hey, if it isn't Bud Light. Everyone has probably had about a million of these, like it or not, so I might as well chime in.

Looks like pee, maybe a little frothier. Smell of... Who am I kidding, none of that matters with this beer. This is absolutely the blandest, wateriest beer in the world. It hardly tastes like anything. Why do I give drinkability a 5? Because it's actually so watery that you could probably drink a hundred of them without any kind of cloying aftertaste (or taste at all for that matter). If you're drinking Bud Light you're probably at a crowded party or lame bar with little or nothing else to choose from, and it's easy enough to live with I suppose.

1.25/5  rDev -34.9%

Like stale ice water, flat club soda, too cold, nothing. Room temperature water is preferred. Slightly yellow, no head, a bit malts, Dry, metallic, can get one to swear off beer.This is one of America's most popular selling beers, what an embarrasment.

2.68/5  rDev +39.6%

Shockingly, this beer on tap is very similiar to the bottle. I standard for light beer on tap in my local market. When served cold, it's nice. Don't let it get warm.

It was served in a frosty cold mug. I don't think that the condensation hurt this beer. I will order this beer again on occasion, when Belgians are not availble, which is quite often as Alabama has the silly 6% max ABV law.

1.2/5  rDev -37.5%

This beer looks like watered down lemonade. This is basically clear. It looks like seltzer with some pee. Blink and you'll miss the head.

Smells like next to nothing. A faint graininess plus some skanky hops. Yuck.

This tastes like seltzer. Very thin corn syrup sweetness but that is all.

Just a terrible beer. Nothing to note. Nothing at all. Blasphemy, is all I have to say.

1.03/5  rDev -46.4%

I have had this many a time but during a boring wedding reception I had time to taste and do a review.

Apperance: Yellow food coloring added to water, little white head no lacing at all.

Smell: Almost no smell at all, just a slight smell I associate with concetrated urine.

Taste: Water mixed with poorly distilled vodka some. Yuck

Mouthfeel: Water

Drinkabability: My stomach was threatening a rebellion so I left this nasty beer on the table.

1.24/5  rDev -35.4%

bud light sucks, it tastes like water with a touch of old man ass seasoning. i have friends that drink this beer as if it was made of gold. i do not get it, the flavor is terrible, the smell is the best part about it and that isn't very good either as it tends to smell like a dirty glass. i put on-tap, however in my time obviously i've had this beer every way it can be served. i think the best this beer gets is in a beer funnel, that way you can't taste it and its gone before you realized it was a bud light, 2 thumbs down on this one!

2.2/5  rDev +14.6%

I guess this is beer... I can't really tell. Not much color, basically a light yellow. High carbonation, and a weak head when poured does not speak well for this brew. Flavor of... watery corn, and watery hops, with a hint of watery malt. Very watery, if you get my drift. Finished weak, with literally no aftertaste, except that of, you guessed it, water. Nothing good here, go with a Miller light if you must.

1.6/5  rDev -16.7%

This is a simple review, this beer pours pour yellow, smells like nothing and tastes like nothing a sad beer and only reaffirms that the big 3 only care about making money and nothing else. When this beer hit the palate if tasted like corn and something like hops. This is a good beer to get drunk on, but that is it's only benefit

2.9/5  rDev +51%
look: 2.5 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 3 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 3.5

poured a pale yellow crystal clear color with moderate white puffy head. Little if any smell. Taste is very mild. Mouthfeel is mild. Drinkable due to its mildness. Good "spacer beer" between a nice imperial stout and a very hoppy pale ale

2.54/5  rDev +32.3%

Bud Light is a decent beer to drink if you like average everyday domestic beers. If your looking for something tasty and special, you'd be barking up the wrong tree with this one. But if your looking for to slam back a bunch of beers on a hot summer day, Bud Light is not a bad choice at all. It does the trick, just in a boring, watery kind of way.

2.39/5  rDev +24.5%

Appearance - Very foamy. Head retention not bad, but little to no lacing. A little bit of carbonation activity can be seen, but not champagne-like. Color is extremely light straw.

Smell - Very light. Perhaps a little corn odor. About normal for a light macro lager.

Taste - Flavor is not near a favorite of mine, but certainly fits light lager style. Very crisp and watery. Nothing very strong to speak of. Only the slightest hints of beer flavor.

Mouthfeel - Watery.

Drinkability - Hey this is is close to water as you can get in a beer. Definitely quenching, not real satisfying, though, if you're after any sort of a beer flavor.

I'm trying to do a better job of reviewing these beers according to BJCP judging standards. Under those standards, Bud Light clearly hits near average on every category. Genuinely inoffensive, just like a light lager apparently should be. Outside of mere judging standards, however, there's nothing in particular to recommend this beer.

2.22/5  rDev +15.6%
look: 1.5 | smell: 2 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 2.5

Presentation: 341ml can, Brewed in Canada by Labatt.

Appearance: Very clear yellow. Not much head.

Smell: A light mix of cooked rice, fruits and veggies.

Taste: Light beer, light taste. Not much flavor. Bud light tastes like watered down Bud!

Mouthfeel: Almost water.

Drinkability: It is ok if you want to drink a bottle or two without getting loaded fast . Otherwise, if I want to drink beer, I will buy a real beer.

1.66/5  rDev -13.5%
look: 2.5 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 2

Had this beer today when my stuff ran out at the family Easter dinner. The brew poured to a clear light yellow color with a fair sized bright white head that actually had some retention but left absolutely no lacing. The aromas of this brew are minimal at best; some malt and grain like characteristics but that would be all. The taste goes right along with the aroma, not much there. I cannot pick up any hint of hops and it has a somewhat sweet flavor. To be truthful it has the feel of soda water. Over all IMO this is a real bad beer but they do sell a lot of it.

1.86/5  rDev -3.1%
look: 2.5 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 3

I had a Bud Light today for the first time in some time and it was a very displeasing experience. I was cooking a batch of chili and wanted something to go along with my meal and this was the only thing in the fridge.

My first thought was that I was drinking water with an aftertaste of some slightly spoiled and mysterious vegetable.

This beer has almost no scent. I almost want to come up with some clever description for the lack of aroma, but it's just not worth it.

Mouthfeel is nothing to speak of, comparable to tap water I suppose.

As for drinkability...well, 20 million frat boys can't be wrong! It certainly goes down easy, as do most of it's kind. It serves no real purpose other than to get you drunk easily and quickly.

I stopped after one and never bothered trying to pair one with my chili. There seemed to be no point.

1.97/5  rDev +2.6%

This beer poured a light pale, clear, “yellow”, more like mellow yellow or clear, body with a small white head.

The nose was s mix of mild field greens, grass, corn, light Vienna and hints of biscuit malt.

The taste was light to lighter bodied. Very watery with a large carbonation. There’s a slight sourness with a mild vegetable taste. Very little if any bitterness at all. I really couldn’t taste any hops in this beer at all. Mostly a sour malt, or flat cracker/biscuit malt taste mixed with 99% sparkling water.

Well, it’s drinkable, but pretty bland. Sort of like boiled lettuce that’s been strained and then watered down. Next.

1.4/5  rDev -27.1%
look: 1.5 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 1

Well after not drinking this in years, I was forced to have some recently. I'd rather drink water filtered through my jockstrap.

Appearance - LIGHT pale yellow. Almost like watered down urine. Light white head.

Aroma - Not much aroma to this beer at all.

Taste - Water with a hint of Pilsner. It would be like taking about 1 ounce of pils and adding 7 ounces of water. Didn't really taste like beer.

Mouthfeel - See water reference above

Drinkability - None. Even if this is free, I will never drink it again as there are no redeeming qualities to this beverage.

Bud Light from Anheuser-Busch