Bud Light - Anheuser-Busch

Anheuser-Busch visit their website
Missouri, United States

Light Lager |  4.20% ABV

Beer added by: BeerAdvocate on 08-22-2001

Sort by:  Recent | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Bud Light Alström Bros
Reviews: 1,368 | Hads: 5,443
1.68/5  rDev -12.5%

This used to be one of my favorite beers (sadly enough)...

Now that I've seen the light and know what real beer tastes like, I can say that I honestly dont know why anyone would choose to drink this.

Appearance is very pale yellowish gold with a tiny head that lasts long enough for the bartender to give it to you.

Aftertaste is what kills this beer for sure.... stale and bitter undertones that just get worse after the beer has had a chance to warm a little...but thats what I assume any beer made from rice is going to taste like.

No body whatsoever, mouthfeel is very thin and watered down... drinks a lot like water, however you can only hope to have it taste that good.

1.13/5  rDev -41.1%

Bottle: Poured a very light yellow color lager with small bubbly head with not much retention. Aroma of adjunct and little else. Taste is very light indeed, similar to water with bit of corn in there. Body is so thin it’s unbelievable. Hard to believe but being stuck between the regular Bud and this, I would go with Bud.

1.85/5  rDev -3.6%

The head is short lived, white, and fizzy. Clear, weak gold in color.

Smells like corn and weak bread grain. No hops noticeable whatsoever. Tastes like wet, stale bread.

Tastes like water with some bread mixed in.

Moderate carbonation with a very thin body.

2.01/5  rDev +4.7%

I had this on tap at a party. I drank it in a pint glass.

Taps an incredibly light straw with a one finger head of white bubbles. The head evaporated quickly to a ring aroung the glass. There was no lacing. Looks fizzy.

I cam smell light DMS and faint raw grain. No hops whatsoever. That's about it.

The flavor is, well, it's wet and carbonated! A very slight raw grain flavor comes through late. The aftertaste is very short and chalky dry.

The only thing you can feel in your mouth is fizz. It's almost like there's nothing else there. Finish is very dry.

I guess I just don't get it. This is the #1 selling beer in the U.S. It has no smell, no taste, no nothing none neither! Fizzy, watery and thin, and those are the good points.

2.26/5  rDev +17.7%

I have always considered this THE worst big brewer beer made...I mam somewhat surprised with it after drinking it....It sucks, but it doesn't really really suck (if you know what I mean).

Pours a light yellow color...better appearance than expected...Nose is typical macro...cereal grains...but a stronger scent than I expected too.

The taste is smooth and mildly sweet. Nothing bitter about this....not as watery as expected...still nothing real impressive about it either...

As they say "it is what it is"..I'm surprised that this is not as bad as I thought....Bud Select is much worse...perhaps that is what I was expecting. I'd take most of the other light beers over this but it's drinkable if you're thirsty. (Now on to the Town Hall Smoked Porter growler review)

12 oz bottle at The Last Round Up in Stillwell, IN. You can imagine the beer selection they might have in Stillwell, IN. It was cold and wet. Bud Light finishes pretty dry. It has a mostly grainy aroma. Clear and bubbly. Bud light has its place. I'm glad to say that most of us think its in somebody else's fridge.

2.02/5  rDev +5.2%

Ok, I've had plenty of macro-us beer, from the high school days on, and Bud Light probably more than any other as it's what many of my friends drink and it's just always around. It's easy to drink about a million of these and still maintain decent sobriety, as it's barely a level above n/a. This beer pours light yellow, and looks watered down, has a soapy looking head that leaves almost immediately leaving a substance that looks like piss.

Smell is faint, slight hops, kind of a mildewed wheat/grain odor, that's about it. Smells (and tastes) far worse the warmer it gets.

The best way to drink these is ultra-cold and fast (shotgun or beer-bong approach works well), as this thing warms up and the carbonation fades, it starts to get a bit sour, although keep in mind it's so watered down that all of these charateristics are mild. Aso, this beer is definately better in the bottle, as the can adds some metallic taste as well.

Drinkability is a high as I could drink more of these in a session than anything else i've encountered. Drinking Bud Light is as easy as drinking water, unfortunately it's just a boring.

Note: I was surprised to see this listed as a 4.2, I've always been under the impression it was 3.2%. Couldn't find anything on the can to verify this though.

1.43/5  rDev -25.5%

Appearance: golden to straw yellow. extremely clear. Almost nonexistent head. No way the head will stay an entire glass, ever.

Smell: Bland. Sort of a strange hop smell. Not strong and not very appealing.

Taste: This is where this beer loses me. It has a metallic taste I hate. It doesn't have much malt character. It does have a bit of a strange hoppy flavor that tastes more like black pepper corns than any hop flavor I ever drink. I would give it a 1, but I really have had worse, so I can't.

Mouthfeel: It is light in body just like it is supposed to be. But where it goes wrong is with a strange bitter flavor that cakes to my tongue and destroys my sense of taste and is terribly astringent.

Drinkability: Sure you can pound these down. Sure it is easy to keg stand. But when it comes down to it, at a party I would always consider turning it down.

1.95/5  rDev +1.6%

This beer is bad. It tastes like they watered down budweiser. It seriously is watered down beer. Very popular beer, I don't know why though because it has less alcohol than budweiser. Virtually no smell, and no color. Very drinkable though. Watery taste. If you want a cheap crappy light beer coors is better than this stuff. Much better than a busch though! I wouldn't buy it, but i'll definetly drink it if it is free and people are around. By myself I dumped the last 1/4 bottle of this stuff out. Takes too many of these to get drunk anyway. Virtually know head and barely smell able.

2.08/5  rDev +8.3%

Ahhh Bud Light.

I have literally drank thousands of these over the years.
So I felt it was about time I reviewed this beer.

Appearance is a pale yellow... no head.... obviously highly carbonated.

Smells like.... uhhh.. I dont really know.... kinda metally/coppery.

Tastes alot like the smell would indicate. Not much flavor... watery, coppery... bleh.

Mouthfeel is watery carbonation.

I will say one thing about this brew... I can drink these all day long without feeling it too bad the next morning.... and unlike alot of people, I dont find this beer particularly offensive, just boring. Maybe its because Ive drank so many of these that Im used to the taste. Regardless, Ive had worse beers.

1.45/5  rDev -24.5%
look: 1.5 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 1 | overall: 1.5

I've had this many times...many many times growing up and haven't had in a long time so I stopped by the local watering hole out of boredom to write a review of piss beers....now granted I stayed open minded in order to give advocates a fair review.

Served in a pounder glass to wich I asked them not to give me the frosted glass so I could actually taste whatever the beer had to offer. Tiny fizzy head that fades to nothing...I have found that light beers in general have no retention or frothiness. pale yellow hence the word piss refering to this beer throughout.

Smell and taste are exactly the same...Nothing...slight slight hint of grain/wheat.

I was surprised to find out this beer is a 4.2%abv....I give this beer slightly above 1's just because in my book to get a 1 that beer needs to taste like puke,turd,actuall piss or in the ball park...and lets be honest its a bad beer but its not offensive....I can drink this crap all day and hardly get a buzz. Glad I dont deal with this anymore unless forced by circumstance.

1.16/5  rDev -39.6%

Three words. Fizzy. Yellow. Piss.

I'm sorry, but that is the best description I can give this beer. Just plain tasteless and bad. Stay away if you care about your taste buds.

I can't understand how this sells well. It is unfortunate that many people have been conditioned to think that this is the 'king of beers'. People simply don't know what they are missing drinking this alcohol water. Any calories you save by drinking this are marginal, and you lose the ability to enjoy any taste.

1.91/5  rDev -0.5%

I've been waiting for this moment my whole life.

Out of a can into a pilsner glass, just to be fair.

Appearance- Pale yellow beer-water, with no structure to speak of. Thin head dissipates fast with no cling, how boring.

Smell- Awful. Cooked veggies, cereal, rice, blech.

Taste- Metal, then adjuncts. This is so terrible, I can't even believe it. Back in the day I would drink these, usually from a bottle, ice cold down the shore or at a party, where the beer would shoot down the gullet without exploring the tongue. Drinking this from a pilsner glass forces a full gustatory experience, and it is a train wreck.

Mouthfeel/Drinkability- Fizzy water, just bad. We need to wake the world up to better beer, because life is too short to drink this crap.

2.9/5  rDev +51%
look: 2.5 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 4

A clear, very pale yellow. Dense 3 finger head that retains very well, leaving little to no lacing. the smell and taste are predictably very water with a faint adjunct presence. Low alcohol, low carbonation , and lack of taste make a very drinkable, but boring beer. Refreshing and light, but so is water.

1.1/5  rDev -42.7%

Tastes no different than the bottled version, free as well.

Still super yellow with a fizz that dies off, smells like cereal in water, and tastes like nothing.

Dries out the mouth more than in the bottle and also had almost no carbonation. If I ever had to have this again I would rather not drink anything at all or bring a glass with me to the restroom. Not good at all.

1.6/5  rDev -16.7%
look: 1.5 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 2

I was forced to drink a can a Bud Light when I lost a bet to my fiancee. I didn't really want to dirty my profile by reviewing it. But fuck it, a review is a review.

Pale, make that piss yellow, clear as water, with a minute white head that instantly falls in to a very thin ring. Lace, ha ha.

I figured a frosted pint glass was the way to go, VERY cold. It rendered the beer utterly oderless. No nose, nothing.

The flavor is beer like with light corn and grain notes. More of a beer flavored club soda with some alcohol in it.

Body is razor thin, watery, and soda like. I think it would be better with some sugar and lemon juice in it. Beerinade.

2.53/5  rDev +31.8%
look: 3 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 2.5

Not a good job even for a large american macrobrew. This beer pours a light yellow color with no head and has a metallic grain like scent. The taste is slightly malty, somewhat metallic and almost stale. Very little appealing flavor. Needs more kick and a higher ABV.

1.5/5  rDev -21.9%

appearance: looks like urine no head exept when you first pour it

smell: smell is light not really a strong smell

taste: the taste... there's not really any taste to it which is what you come to expect from light beer

mouthfeel: not really a good mouth feel

drinkaility: if i want to drink water i'll drink water but i'll stick to the real deal beer

1.81/5  rDev -5.7%

Pours a light straw with a foamy head that is gone in seconds. Leaves behind nothing but fizzy liquid.

Smells a bit like hop oils, corn, rice and grain.

Thin malt, cooked veggie and rice play for a bit, then a flash of hop bitterness hits, a touch grassy. Finishes dry and aftertaste soon dissapears.

Water bodied. A lot of people drink this, and they drink it fast and cold. There is a reason for that.

2.55/5  rDev +32.8%

Well hey, if it isn't Bud Light. Everyone has probably had about a million of these, like it or not, so I might as well chime in.

Looks like pee, maybe a little frothier. Smell of... Who am I kidding, none of that matters with this beer. This is absolutely the blandest, wateriest beer in the world. It hardly tastes like anything. Why do I give drinkability a 5? Because it's actually so watery that you could probably drink a hundred of them without any kind of cloying aftertaste (or taste at all for that matter). If you're drinking Bud Light you're probably at a crowded party or lame bar with little or nothing else to choose from, and it's easy enough to live with I suppose.

1.25/5  rDev -34.9%

Like stale ice water, flat club soda, too cold, nothing. Room temperature water is preferred. Slightly yellow, no head, a bit malts, Dry, metallic, can get one to swear off beer.This is one of America's most popular selling beers, what an embarrasment.

2.68/5  rDev +39.6%

Shockingly, this beer on tap is very similiar to the bottle. I standard for light beer on tap in my local market. When served cold, it's nice. Don't let it get warm.

It was served in a frosty cold mug. I don't think that the condensation hurt this beer. I will order this beer again on occasion, when Belgians are not availble, which is quite often as Alabama has the silly 6% max ABV law.

1.2/5  rDev -37.5%

This beer looks like watered down lemonade. This is basically clear. It looks like seltzer with some pee. Blink and you'll miss the head.

Smells like next to nothing. A faint graininess plus some skanky hops. Yuck.

This tastes like seltzer. Very thin corn syrup sweetness but that is all.

Just a terrible beer. Nothing to note. Nothing at all. Blasphemy, is all I have to say.

1.03/5  rDev -46.4%

I have had this many a time but during a boring wedding reception I had time to taste and do a review.

Apperance: Yellow food coloring added to water, little white head no lacing at all.

Smell: Almost no smell at all, just a slight smell I associate with concetrated urine.

Taste: Water mixed with poorly distilled vodka some. Yuck

Mouthfeel: Water

Drinkabability: My stomach was threatening a rebellion so I left this nasty beer on the table.

1.24/5  rDev -35.4%

bud light sucks, it tastes like water with a touch of old man ass seasoning. i have friends that drink this beer as if it was made of gold. i do not get it, the flavor is terrible, the smell is the best part about it and that isn't very good either as it tends to smell like a dirty glass. i put on-tap, however in my time obviously i've had this beer every way it can be served. i think the best this beer gets is in a beer funnel, that way you can't taste it and its gone before you realized it was a bud light, 2 thumbs down on this one!

Bud Light from Anheuser-Busch