Bud Light - Anheuser-Busch

Anheuser-Busch visit their website
Missouri, United States

Light Lager |  4.20% ABV

Beer added by: BeerAdvocate on 08-22-2001

Sort by:  Recent | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Bud Light Alström Bros
Ratings: 5,250 | Reviews: 1,493
1.92/5  rDev +3.8%

12oz can

Bud Light was very light yellow in color with a white fizzy head that disappeared very quickly. The taste and smell were nearly nonexistant. the finish is dry. The mouthfeel is very light with a medium-high level of carbonation. This is a very watery, nearly tastless, fizzy beverage; but I guess that's what it's designed to be. Avoid.

1.48/5  rDev -20%

22 oz brown wide mouth bottle poured into a frozen glass.

Pale piss yellow and pretty much colourless to a point. A joke of a head and weak lacing.

Nothing in smell. Standard grains and a hint of nothing else. But it was the only this in this brew that wasn't offensive to me.

NO body. Tasted like seltzer water with grains. No hops taste the carbination makes up for very little this has to offer. No malts anywhere to be found. No finish either. Awful taste.

Absoluetly discusting, I don't know how you can drink this panther piss.

1.25/5  rDev -32.4%

After drinking so many top notch brew, bud light/budweiser needs to get a clue. I know they sell to the mass but what a tasteless brew. No dominate scent, very light in appearence, and alot of carbonation which leaves me full. I'll stick to water next time Bud Light is being served.

Container Volume: 355ml

Container type: bottle

Fresh: y

Purchased @: anywhere

Cost: cheap

Head: none

Lace: none

Color: pale yellow

Aroma: tinny

Mouthfeel: light

Palate: curls the tongue

Taste: why is this one of the most popular beers in the world?

Conditions:
Mowing/Working on car- n
With Friends- n
Sipping- n
Get my buzz on- n

1.36/5  rDev -26.5%

I recently reviewed this beer with a rambling tirade and Todd called me on it. It was too soon after being forced to drink it. I have composed myself since. I hadn't had the displeasure of sampling this junk for many years, but was relegated to during a football tailgate this past weekend. Never again. A: very pale urine/straw colored with low carbonation and no head. S: Watery yeasty Corn T: What taste? it is an attempt at beer flavored water M: Thin but no worse than any other macro light lager D: I, unlike an alarming number of beer drinking Americans, find this stuff undrinkable. You get nothing from this that you drink beer for. Taste not withstanding, a fermented beverage that is derived from malted barley and hops need only yield .5% alcohol to be technically classified as beer. Bud light can't have much more than that and even less taste. It's sad when something makes Coors or Miller Lite seem flavorful, relatively speaking. Thanks Todd from the kinder, gentler Veech.

1.92/5  rDev +3.8%

There isn't much as far as beer seletion in my town so unless I feel like going to Raleigh or Fayetteville, I have to slum it. This is exhibit A, picked up at the IGA around the corner. Plain yellow urine color with no head or lacing and lots of carbonation. Smell is almost nonexistant. Slightly sweet, mostly empty.

Heartless, gutless taste, with just the husk of flavor in a watery mess. Mouthfeel is AWOL. Boy, this is just as bad as I remember. Tell me again why this beer is the most popular by volume in the entirety of the states?...

1.61/5  rDev -13%

Is this really a beer I am drinking? I am not sure. It says beer on the can, tastes somewhat like what beer can taste like, but the mouthfeel is unlike anything I have ever experienced, and not in a good way either. Anyways, I got a can of this for free recently and couldn't resist writing a review of it here. I am trying to find some positive aspect about this beer, but can find none. Anyways it pours a very clear and very light golden color. The head is totally gone a minute at most after being poured, leaving zero lacing of any sort. Smell wise there is something but I can't identify any specific aromas, maybe a hint of some vegetables or a hint of grains. Has a bland, weak taste of sweet grain/corn and maybe a very faint trace of malt, but then again maybe not. I can't taste any trace of hops whatsoever. That's really it for taste, nothing else here. The only possible positive aspect I can maybe find about this beer is the warming effect it gives after a few sips. Has a crisp mouthfeel with moderate to heavy carbonation. This is missing the taste and mouthfeel of beer. It tastes and feels like seltzer water more than any other A-B product I have ever had. I am not a fan of A-B's products by any means, but this has to be the worst out of all A-B beers I have ever drank. Easy to drink the same way seltzer water is, which is never good IMO when it comes to beer. I don't think I'd ever drink this again, even for free. This beer has no redeeming qualities, unless you actually want to drink a beer that tastes like flat, skunked seltzer water. Avoid!

Eric

2.25/5  rDev +21.6%

341ml bottle poured in a white plastic glass. This is the Canadian version brewed by Labatt.

Clear, pale, pale yellow in colour. Frothy, soap-bubble white head is voluminous on the pour, but quickly recedes to a thin ring.

Mild aroma is dominated by grains and adjuncts with a vague off-veggie aspect.

Mild flavour, like watered down Bud. Grains throughout with weak petrol notes in the middle and an off-veggie aftertaste. Not really offensive, but not pleasing either.

Thin bodied and fizzy, almost like 7-up.

This isn't the worst light beer available in this area, but it's far from the best.

1.65/5  rDev -10.8%

Okay, so I'm at the family reunion. My homebrew is gone, the keg of Michelob Light is gone and the case of Bud Light in cans is brought out. Well, I suppose this is better than NO beer...but I might be wrong. It's been a long time since I had a Bud Light.

The color is very pale, almost like colored water. When poured into a tall beer glass, it has a thick foamy head, which settles quite a bit down to a very thin one. There is almost no aroma at all. Is this beer? Upon giving another sniff, there is a very slight hop aroma with a faint malt presence. The taste is very watery with a slight hop and malt presence. It's very balanced, but very bland with not much flavor at all. The body is very light with moderate carbonation.

Given a choice of mass produced light lagers, this would probably be at the bottom of my list. I can think of at least two or three brewed by major companies (including Anheuser-Busch) that are more enjoyable. It's somewhat embarrassing this is the #1 selling beer in America. I hope the European's don't take notice of this fact.

2.31/5  rDev +24.9%

Ok so this used to be my favorite beer and I hate to be too harsh...

Appearance is nothing short of bland...straw yellow with little carbonation, no visible head or lacing
Smell is very faint at best...a bit of dry malt is all I can smell
Taste is very, very weak as well, again maybe a bit of malt is it other than that its all water
Drinkability is actually good, I say this because for its style, even though it is not complex in the slightest and it is very watery, there is no skunk or cheap malt taste

1.67/5  rDev -9.7%

My friends left a couple of these in the fridge so I thought I’d review one for shits and giggles.

Pours a sickeningly bright but translucent hue of yellow, almost like some champagne. Head seemed good at first but lost its mojo pretty fast. Smells like a kegger. Actually, it’s not an entirely unpleasing smell in small doses. But it certainly doesn’t smell like a hearty, delicious brew. Tastes like stale bread. After first taste the nose becomes almost un-detectable. Citrus quality is observed. Aftertaste is most unpleasant. Also, it’s a very watery brew. Not sure if this is a legitimately observed taste or not, but a flavor of bile was definitely noted in the back of the throat. It made me scrunch up my face with the first taste. Perhaps I’m just recalling youthful nights of overindulgence. Don’t drink beers like this.

2.68/5  rDev +44.9%

Had it in the new Aluminum Bottle. Straight, no glass.

A- Um, the bottle is quite striking. Really blue and seems to be really thick, thicker than a can. I know the beer is light yellow, highly carbonated with no head. Past experience.

S- Smells like aluminum. Light and not as pungent as Bud. Good thing.

T- Very average. No real taste. Light malt no hops. Not bitter but very clean. Chug-a-lug.

M- Is this water? Sure makes me belch alot.

D- It doesn't get much easier to drink than this. Very blah, or is it Baa, as in the sheep that drink this as the only example of beer they know.

I had this in the new Aluminum Bottle that seems to be the new selling point for AB. On a hot day at the Byron Nelson PGA tournament, this hit the spot. Stayed cold. That thick shell showed its purpose. I felt real guilty about throwing this out because it is such a waste. Make sure you recycle these bottles.

2.62/5  rDev +41.6%

Bud Light, like its “heavyweight” partner Budweiser, has a very light color and active carbonation with very little head retention. The nose isn’t as pungent as with regular Budweiser, giving Bud Light a more appealing appearance based on these initial attributes.

The taste of Bud Light features the taste of light grains, a small amount of rice, and a light, smooth body that makes it easily drinkable and generally acceptable. The flavor is a little sweeter than regular Budweiser and there is little bitterness in the finish. Anheuser- Busch claims it uses quality hops but they are used so sparingly that they add little to the overall taste and keep the beer on the sweet side. The overall flavor profile is bland, but inoffensive.

Far from being a great product, Bud Light is a versatile beer that most anyone will find acceptable. I generally don’t go for light beers but among the macro lights, Bud Light ranks as one of my favorites. It is also one of the few light beers that I like better than the regular beer.

1.98/5  rDev +7%

It is what you come to expect from a BMC product. Average across the board. The appearance was a very light yellow. There was no smell present. The drink ability is the only positive thing about this beer because it seems very easy to down a couple. Overall I would not buy this again. The only time I might accept this is if it's free.

2.02/5  rDev +9.2%

Appearance-Sickly yellow, and very thin. The head disapates quickly as well.

Smell- what smell?

Taste- It might as well be Perrier, but with something yellow dropped in it. Almost tastes like beer, but its not quite there.

Mouthfeel- Feels like Perrier. Its very thin and watery. There is a lot carbonation too.

Drinkability- You can put these back about as fast as you can put back a little bottle of soda water. Thats pretty much what it is anyway.

1.95/5  rDev +5.4%

Bud light pours a poor yellow color with small head and no lace; Not much for smell but is malty and weak; Taste of corn and rice; Mouthfeel is watery and thin, light body, highly carbonated; Refreshing; Drinkable but nothing else.

A typical light lager.

¡Salud!

1.95/5  rDev +5.4%

It has hardly any taste, and the taste it does have reminds me of water. Water from Boston Harbor.. It has a boring yellow color. It's a decent beer if you're with friends who aren't beer drinkers, and just want to get tipsy. Otherwise, I'd never order this at a bar, or buy a 6 pack.

1.18/5  rDev -36.2%

Ordered a Miller Lite at some rat hole in East Dubuque and was given this by mistake. Can you believe they charge a buck more a bottle for this over ML? Well, that’s supply and demand for you.

Appearance: near nothingness. Palest yellow possible unless you are perhaps Green Light or Ultra. No head, extremely aggressive, coca-cola like carbonation.

Aroma: Nothing, maybe a little grain.

Taste/MF: Light bodied. Very dry, crisp, and carbonated similar to gaseous water. Mild bitterness. Nearly no malt. Perhaps a hint of corn. Very repugnant feel overall. Too carbonated. Burns the back of the throat.

Drinkability: As bad as it gets. Drinking one is very, very trying.

2.58/5  rDev +39.5%

The beer pours a golden color with a light head. The beer smells pungent and almost fruit like. The taste is sweet and it hits you in the back of the mouth. It has a crisp feel with little aftertaste. Over all the drinkability is fine but this beer doesn’t offer much.

I had this on-tap at my cousins wedding. Hey, it was an open bar! Besides the fact that I love free beer, how many open bars will I get in my entire life?

The smell and appearance are still the same as if I was drinking out of a 40 oz, but the taste actually had some nice hop character to it and the mouthfeel and drinkability are better. The mouthfeel is thicker and the taste lacks the original sourness which made it easy to pound down two pitchers before getting cut off by my aunt.

1.47/5  rDev -20.5%
look: 1 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 1.5

Ugh, what the hell is the Bud company thinking when they say crisp and refreshing? Although this is the best kind of beer < (free) it probably hands down the worst light beer I have ever had.

A: A light greyish yellow, with a very short lived head that fades into a white ring arround the glass.

S: No hop pressence with a strong spicy-ness and a strong sweet smell. Unpleasent.

T: A very slight spicy-ness, almost no hop pressence and very watery.

M: The taste makes for a very unpleasent mouthfeel. I decided to give it an extra .5 because it's not too bubbly.

D: A -little- acidy, and a little bit rough going down.

Bottom Line: Just another shitty American Macro light Lager. King of beers? I think they should be sued for saying that. Just my opinion. Ta Ta

1.76/5  rDev -4.9%

This beer has a yellow bubbling tint to it that leaves no head whatsoever. Smell is of, I can't really decide I think it smells like water flavored corn. Taste is almost nonexistent. I couldn't even finish the whole thing without dumping it down the drain, avoid this at all costs.

1.75/5  rDev -5.4%

Growing up in the USA I think most of us have likely had Coors Light and Bud Light at party here and there. It is never about appreciating beer, it is about selecting a beer that won't make you feel bloated and heavy while getting SMASHED OFF YOUR ASS! That is the only use for this beer. IMO

Appearance: Served straw yellow and very clear, even in the dimly lit tavern down the street I can tell its clear.

Smell: In the smoky bar I couldn't smell a thing. I walked over by the door, tried to get some clean air and really really used my imagination to think I might have smelled some adjuncts but it is clearly a very small aroma.

Taste: What taste? There is a very wimpy malt character and a simple grain and dry flavor that is miniscule.

Mouthfeel: Very thin a seltzer-ish.

Drinkability: The drinkability is not as bad as awful. I drank my share when I was under age attending concerts in the park etc. and I could only get what my friends had and that’s all I knew. There are people who enjoy BMC -lights and that is fine but personally it does nothing for me.

Hope this is helpful.
Cheers!

1.98/5  rDev +7%

7 oz. bottle - Born on date of May 6, 2006.
Poured light pale straw colored with a very thin white head.
Hardly any smell - There was a whiff of something - but nothing I could put my finger on (adjuncts - but slight).
The taste was very watery. It was not too offensive because of lack of anything.
Nothing is left in the mouth but the feeling of water and some fairly non-offensive adjuncts.
This is as drinkable as tap water. It's not as offensive as some other light beers I've tried, but it lacks any real beer flavor or character. This is another failed attempt at making a light beer that tastes like beer. I've had low-alcohol beer that tastes more like beer.

3.14/5  rDev +69.7%

Ahhhh, the flagship of the Big Three -- the light lager.

It isn't offensive, it is just terribly boring. The taste is light and nondescript. There is the faintest whisper of grain (mostly adjunct), and a pleasant bubbly fizz that helps this beer go down.

Yeah, it isn't bad, just terribly boring. If I wanted the same sort of experience, but good, I'd hit up a Helles. I can see where they were going with this beer, but, man, just not that well executed.

Bud Light from Anheuser-Busch