Bud Light - Anheuser-Busch

Anheuser-Busch visit their website
Missouri, United States

Light Lager |  4.20% ABV

Beer added by: BeerAdvocate on 08-22-2001

Sort by:  Recent | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Bud Light Alström Bros
Ratings: 5,242 | Reviews: 1,491
2.25/5  rDev +21.6%

341ml bottle poured in a white plastic glass. This is the Canadian version brewed by Labatt.

Clear, pale, pale yellow in colour. Frothy, soap-bubble white head is voluminous on the pour, but quickly recedes to a thin ring.

Mild aroma is dominated by grains and adjuncts with a vague off-veggie aspect.

Mild flavour, like watered down Bud. Grains throughout with weak petrol notes in the middle and an off-veggie aftertaste. Not really offensive, but not pleasing either.

Thin bodied and fizzy, almost like 7-up.

This isn't the worst light beer available in this area, but it's far from the best.

1.65/5  rDev -10.8%

Okay, so I'm at the family reunion. My homebrew is gone, the keg of Michelob Light is gone and the case of Bud Light in cans is brought out. Well, I suppose this is better than NO beer...but I might be wrong. It's been a long time since I had a Bud Light.

The color is very pale, almost like colored water. When poured into a tall beer glass, it has a thick foamy head, which settles quite a bit down to a very thin one. There is almost no aroma at all. Is this beer? Upon giving another sniff, there is a very slight hop aroma with a faint malt presence. The taste is very watery with a slight hop and malt presence. It's very balanced, but very bland with not much flavor at all. The body is very light with moderate carbonation.

Given a choice of mass produced light lagers, this would probably be at the bottom of my list. I can think of at least two or three brewed by major companies (including Anheuser-Busch) that are more enjoyable. It's somewhat embarrassing this is the #1 selling beer in America. I hope the European's don't take notice of this fact.

2.31/5  rDev +24.9%

Ok so this used to be my favorite beer and I hate to be too harsh...

Appearance is nothing short of bland...straw yellow with little carbonation, no visible head or lacing
Smell is very faint at best...a bit of dry malt is all I can smell
Taste is very, very weak as well, again maybe a bit of malt is it other than that its all water
Drinkability is actually good, I say this because for its style, even though it is not complex in the slightest and it is very watery, there is no skunk or cheap malt taste

1.67/5  rDev -9.7%

My friends left a couple of these in the fridge so I thought I’d review one for shits and giggles.

Pours a sickeningly bright but translucent hue of yellow, almost like some champagne. Head seemed good at first but lost its mojo pretty fast. Smells like a kegger. Actually, it’s not an entirely unpleasing smell in small doses. But it certainly doesn’t smell like a hearty, delicious brew. Tastes like stale bread. After first taste the nose becomes almost un-detectable. Citrus quality is observed. Aftertaste is most unpleasant. Also, it’s a very watery brew. Not sure if this is a legitimately observed taste or not, but a flavor of bile was definitely noted in the back of the throat. It made me scrunch up my face with the first taste. Perhaps I’m just recalling youthful nights of overindulgence. Don’t drink beers like this.

2.68/5  rDev +44.9%

Had it in the new Aluminum Bottle. Straight, no glass.

A- Um, the bottle is quite striking. Really blue and seems to be really thick, thicker than a can. I know the beer is light yellow, highly carbonated with no head. Past experience.

S- Smells like aluminum. Light and not as pungent as Bud. Good thing.

T- Very average. No real taste. Light malt no hops. Not bitter but very clean. Chug-a-lug.

M- Is this water? Sure makes me belch alot.

D- It doesn't get much easier to drink than this. Very blah, or is it Baa, as in the sheep that drink this as the only example of beer they know.

I had this in the new Aluminum Bottle that seems to be the new selling point for AB. On a hot day at the Byron Nelson PGA tournament, this hit the spot. Stayed cold. That thick shell showed its purpose. I felt real guilty about throwing this out because it is such a waste. Make sure you recycle these bottles.

2.62/5  rDev +41.6%

Bud Light, like its “heavyweight” partner Budweiser, has a very light color and active carbonation with very little head retention. The nose isn’t as pungent as with regular Budweiser, giving Bud Light a more appealing appearance based on these initial attributes.

The taste of Bud Light features the taste of light grains, a small amount of rice, and a light, smooth body that makes it easily drinkable and generally acceptable. The flavor is a little sweeter than regular Budweiser and there is little bitterness in the finish. Anheuser- Busch claims it uses quality hops but they are used so sparingly that they add little to the overall taste and keep the beer on the sweet side. The overall flavor profile is bland, but inoffensive.

Far from being a great product, Bud Light is a versatile beer that most anyone will find acceptable. I generally don’t go for light beers but among the macro lights, Bud Light ranks as one of my favorites. It is also one of the few light beers that I like better than the regular beer.

1.98/5  rDev +7%

It is what you come to expect from a BMC product. Average across the board. The appearance was a very light yellow. There was no smell present. The drink ability is the only positive thing about this beer because it seems very easy to down a couple. Overall I would not buy this again. The only time I might accept this is if it's free.

2.02/5  rDev +9.2%

Appearance-Sickly yellow, and very thin. The head disapates quickly as well.

Smell- what smell?

Taste- It might as well be Perrier, but with something yellow dropped in it. Almost tastes like beer, but its not quite there.

Mouthfeel- Feels like Perrier. Its very thin and watery. There is a lot carbonation too.

Drinkability- You can put these back about as fast as you can put back a little bottle of soda water. Thats pretty much what it is anyway.

1.95/5  rDev +5.4%

Bud light pours a poor yellow color with small head and no lace; Not much for smell but is malty and weak; Taste of corn and rice; Mouthfeel is watery and thin, light body, highly carbonated; Refreshing; Drinkable but nothing else.

A typical light lager.

¡Salud!

1.95/5  rDev +5.4%

It has hardly any taste, and the taste it does have reminds me of water. Water from Boston Harbor.. It has a boring yellow color. It's a decent beer if you're with friends who aren't beer drinkers, and just want to get tipsy. Otherwise, I'd never order this at a bar, or buy a 6 pack.

1.18/5  rDev -36.2%

Ordered a Miller Lite at some rat hole in East Dubuque and was given this by mistake. Can you believe they charge a buck more a bottle for this over ML? Well, that’s supply and demand for you.

Appearance: near nothingness. Palest yellow possible unless you are perhaps Green Light or Ultra. No head, extremely aggressive, coca-cola like carbonation.

Aroma: Nothing, maybe a little grain.

Taste/MF: Light bodied. Very dry, crisp, and carbonated similar to gaseous water. Mild bitterness. Nearly no malt. Perhaps a hint of corn. Very repugnant feel overall. Too carbonated. Burns the back of the throat.

Drinkability: As bad as it gets. Drinking one is very, very trying.

2.58/5  rDev +39.5%

The beer pours a golden color with a light head. The beer smells pungent and almost fruit like. The taste is sweet and it hits you in the back of the mouth. It has a crisp feel with little aftertaste. Over all the drinkability is fine but this beer doesn’t offer much.

I had this on-tap at my cousins wedding. Hey, it was an open bar! Besides the fact that I love free beer, how many open bars will I get in my entire life?

The smell and appearance are still the same as if I was drinking out of a 40 oz, but the taste actually had some nice hop character to it and the mouthfeel and drinkability are better. The mouthfeel is thicker and the taste lacks the original sourness which made it easy to pound down two pitchers before getting cut off by my aunt.

1.47/5  rDev -20.5%
look: 1 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 1.5

Ugh, what the hell is the Bud company thinking when they say crisp and refreshing? Although this is the best kind of beer < (free) it probably hands down the worst light beer I have ever had.

A: A light greyish yellow, with a very short lived head that fades into a white ring arround the glass.

S: No hop pressence with a strong spicy-ness and a strong sweet smell. Unpleasent.

T: A very slight spicy-ness, almost no hop pressence and very watery.

M: The taste makes for a very unpleasent mouthfeel. I decided to give it an extra .5 because it's not too bubbly.

D: A -little- acidy, and a little bit rough going down.

Bottom Line: Just another shitty American Macro light Lager. King of beers? I think they should be sued for saying that. Just my opinion. Ta Ta

1.76/5  rDev -4.9%

This beer has a yellow bubbling tint to it that leaves no head whatsoever. Smell is of, I can't really decide I think it smells like water flavored corn. Taste is almost nonexistent. I couldn't even finish the whole thing without dumping it down the drain, avoid this at all costs.

1.75/5  rDev -5.4%

Growing up in the USA I think most of us have likely had Coors Light and Bud Light at party here and there. It is never about appreciating beer, it is about selecting a beer that won't make you feel bloated and heavy while getting SMASHED OFF YOUR ASS! That is the only use for this beer. IMO

Appearance: Served straw yellow and very clear, even in the dimly lit tavern down the street I can tell its clear.

Smell: In the smoky bar I couldn't smell a thing. I walked over by the door, tried to get some clean air and really really used my imagination to think I might have smelled some adjuncts but it is clearly a very small aroma.

Taste: What taste? There is a very wimpy malt character and a simple grain and dry flavor that is miniscule.

Mouthfeel: Very thin a seltzer-ish.

Drinkability: The drinkability is not as bad as awful. I drank my share when I was under age attending concerts in the park etc. and I could only get what my friends had and that’s all I knew. There are people who enjoy BMC -lights and that is fine but personally it does nothing for me.

Hope this is helpful.
Cheers!

1.98/5  rDev +7%

7 oz. bottle - Born on date of May 6, 2006.
Poured light pale straw colored with a very thin white head.
Hardly any smell - There was a whiff of something - but nothing I could put my finger on (adjuncts - but slight).
The taste was very watery. It was not too offensive because of lack of anything.
Nothing is left in the mouth but the feeling of water and some fairly non-offensive adjuncts.
This is as drinkable as tap water. It's not as offensive as some other light beers I've tried, but it lacks any real beer flavor or character. This is another failed attempt at making a light beer that tastes like beer. I've had low-alcohol beer that tastes more like beer.

3.14/5  rDev +69.7%

Ahhhh, the flagship of the Big Three -- the light lager.

It isn't offensive, it is just terribly boring. The taste is light and nondescript. There is the faintest whisper of grain (mostly adjunct), and a pleasant bubbly fizz that helps this beer go down.

Yeah, it isn't bad, just terribly boring. If I wanted the same sort of experience, but good, I'd hit up a Helles. I can see where they were going with this beer, but, man, just not that well executed.

2.13/5  rDev +15.1%

Another in my series of "slumming it" reviews. Poured into a frosty mug from the Three-way Tavern in williamson, West Virginia. Pale straw with white head, no retention, no lacing. Basic, american macro light appearance.

Smell : Almost faint enough to question whether there's any there there. What is there is corn/rice malt.

Taste: Hmmm, there *is no* there there after all. No taste to speak of and it dissapears off the palate very quickly.

Drinkability: well, it's the quinntessential "lawnmower beer," so it's somewhat refreshing and somewhat drinkable. Now, that isn't saying much, since Kool Ade is refreshing too.

The Number One beer in America? So good that - according to the TV ads - people will arange thier lives around it? Hardly. You'll do better with a Busch Light, from the same folks in St. Louis, MO.

1.95/5  rDev +5.4%

I do not remember this beer being so light in color. I mean, i knew it was light, but wow. It's a light straw color with a small white head

smell. mostly adjuncts- that rubbery aroma. small sweet maltiness

Taste. Sweet but has that macro taste (rice). really not much here, a very neutral taste.aftertaste is about the same, a little sweet, but neutral

mouthfeel. body is light with lots of carbonation. balance is off.

Overall a beer i dont know why i am reviewing (must be drunk). In all honesty, its not a horrible thing to drink, just a horrible beer. To save money, i say buy bud dry if you want A-B, or just get something cheaper. this shit aint worth it

1.74/5  rDev -5.9%
look: 1.5 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 1.5

Type: tap/keg

A: Barely yellow, thin, couldn't even coat the side of the glass. Unbelieveable foam, almost like a shaken-up soda.

S: Still decent with faint hops smell, pretty distinct.

T: Just terrible. Very bitter, almost pure seltzer. Choked down.

M: Just as bad. Very thin and watery.

D: Not sure if this wasn't a good keg or not, but if the rest is like this, it is purely undrinkable. How can this be so different than the bottle?

1.65/5  rDev -10.8%

A free beer at a dive bar, so I figured what the hell..
Reminds me of high school...drinking whatever alcohol we could get our hands on. Oh..many years went by when we drank this type of beer (Busch or Bud Light) just in order to get inebriated enough to make some bad decisions... Kinda depressing that legal adults still drink the same piss-water just to get drunk.. Clear pale yellow, grainy aroma and not much else. Nearly nothing for complexity, and the mouthfeel is so ridiculously light..I'm convinced that this beer is engineered for frat houses and nothing more.

1.7/5  rDev -8.1%
look: 1.5 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 2 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 1.5

12 oz. can. It is clear yellow color that is highly carbonated. It smells of alcohol and faintly of corn. The taste is very watery. Maybe there is some malt flavor mixed in there too. Mouthfeel is very fizzy. It's only drinkable because it is so light.

1.42/5  rDev -23.2%

Poured from can into pint glass.

A - Yellow, fizzy, and highly carbonated.

S - Smell has a slight malt taste, not much else.

T - Taste is of water, maybe a hint of malt. This is water in a can. Slight alcohol flavor also comes through, but not much, not much at all.

M - Mouthfeel is offensive and leaves almost a layer of residue on your tongue.

D - Since it tastes like water, this may be drinkable for some. Not for me, however.

An awful light beer, can't see how people drink these. Going to have to say - "Avoid, at all costs".

1.1/5  rDev -40.5%

It seems every time I go to a party this beer is in the hands of most of the party goers. I usually bring my own beer to parties for that very reason. I still end up having one though and each time it reminds me how much I dislike this beer. The appearance is pretty bad just a bland watery pilsner. The smell isn’t better, still awful. This beer has almost no taste. To me the only taste I notice is something like half beer and half water. A very poor beer, also a great indicator of bad taste.

Bud Light from Anheuser-Busch