1. BeerAdvocate on your phone?! True story. Try the beta now.

Bud Light - Anheuser-Busch

Bud LightBud Light

awful

awful

Anheuser-Busch visit their website
Missouri, United States

Light Lager |  4.20% ABV

(Beer added by: BeerAdvocate on 08-22-2001)
View: Beers (75) |  Events
Sort by:  Latest | High | Low | Top Reviewers | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Bud Light Alström Bros
Ratings: 3,882 | Reviews: 1,257 | Show All Ratings:
AtLagerHeads

1.2/5  rDev -35.1%

Always looks better than it tastes, this pours a yellow color with a foamy white head. Head dissipates almost immediately and leaves no lacing. Tastes the standard A-B bad with tinges of bad adjuncts and the bad hops that A-B always uses. Pass on this unless you want to have bad memories. We use this to baste hams.

04-20-2003 21:30:25 | More by AtLagerHeads
Tballz420

1.85/5  rDev 0%

I ran out of beers and some chicks gave me one of these. Needless to say i took it, but as far as beers go, this is towards the bottom of the barrel. If you were going to drink anything for this company, bud heavy should be the only thing you consider. Not worth buying.

04-13-2003 21:10:31 | More by Tballz420
bierman2000

How can I review a beer so horrible, It's macrogarbage at its worst. I don't even care to think about how bad this is, one taste will tell you, damn what am I thinking and drinking. Stick to WATER as with all AB products, it doesn't matter which beer it is Dry, Ice, Original, or Light. They are all lousy and of poor quality and that born on date doesn't matter if you drank it from the brewery itself.

04-08-2003 15:03:20 | More by bierman2000
Rifrafboy

2.17/5  rDev +17.3%

I guess for a light beer it's not bad. Pours with almost no head, light straw color. Taste is of watered down grains. Hops are played out if at all present in taste. A distinct pungent chemical like taste pervades. I found myself longing for a regular Bud, which indicates just how bad this stuff is.

03-20-2003 16:01:17 | More by Rifrafboy
darklager

1.85/5  rDev 0%

This was my beer of choice before I stumbled across good beers. Now drinking it again, I wonder how I managed to be happy with it before. This beer is really bland even when compared to other beers in its style. It is ok if there is not much choice, and you really want to get drunk, but if you want to enjoy a beer, pass this one by.

03-03-2003 17:06:25 | More by darklager
scottum

Vermont

1.02/5  rDev -44.9%

I asked the bartender for a sample of this (I've never had it before) and he looked at me as if I were crazy. I knew I didn't want a whole pint, I just wanted to see how bad this crap really was. It is bad. Pale pale yellow. Tastes more like water than beer. I'm not sure why people drink this. Yuck!

02-23-2003 15:43:55 | More by scottum
porter17

1.53/5  rDev -17.3%

Before I found good beer, I drank Bud Light as one of my regulars. Yes, I give it credit for being a light beer and do take that into consideration in my review, but the facts shine through: This beer is one of the blandest, dullest most over-mass-produced, flavorless beer-water beverages on Earth. But it does have fewer calories. Yes, you can down a few if they are ice cold, but try getting a good buzz? Forget it. Anyway, there is worse (Coors Light), so this beer doesn't bring up the rear.

02-18-2003 18:49:11 | More by porter17
texascarl

Kansas

1.25/5  rDev -32.4%

Appearance = pale, pale gold, medium carbonation, big foamy head

Nose = nada

taste = bad beer mixed w/water. If this is all we've got I'll ask for water instead. If I'm dieting I'd rather drink one GOOD brew and 2 glasses of water than sit around drinking 3 of these.

02-13-2003 16:39:40 | More by texascarl
francisweizen

Arizona

ahhh bud light. Had in a can at a picnic at my girlfriends family reunion in Knoxville, Tennesee! This stuff was bad, I drank it straight from the can, so the appearance is null and void. the smells was of rice, corn, adjuncts, and sugar. The taste: more of the same. the mouthfeel light, and horrible. The drinkability: disturbing! This may be even worse than coors light, and that is saying a hell of a lot!
stay away, please!
do it for me, do it for yourself, and do it for your country!
cheers!,
F.

02-04-2003 05:36:09 | More by francisweizen
Bruiser81

Kansas

2.1/5  rDev +13.5%

It has all been said about this one. It is true this beer has no taste and very little aroma, but I have to show a little respect. This was the first brew I've ever had. I guess you could say it got me interested in beer. I will still drink this brew if it is the only thing offered especially after a long hard day, but only if it is the only thing offered.

02-01-2003 16:49:50 | More by Bruiser81
WMBierguy

Maryland

1.43/5  rDev -22.7%

What can I say... The most overrated beer of all time. You would think that with all of the money that AB has wasted on advertising this swill that they could have invested at leaste SOME of that money to creating a half decent beer.

First of all, the color is disconcerting. It looks more like a bodily fluid than a beer. Then you get to the taste..ugh. Watery, but with a slight taste of leftovers scraped from the floor when they brewed regular Bud tossed in. Combine that with the average price tag for a 24 pack being around $14 and you get an all-around rip-off. Its considered good beer by those who have never had anything except for MGD, Rolling Rock, or Coors Light. Personally, I'd rather have a Keystone Light, Natty Light, or even a PBR. Those three beers are not only more satisfying, they are half the price of this overpriced beer-water. Hey, at least the commercials are good. (I attend college in Williamsburg, VA, right next to Busch Gardens and the AB Brewery. I have to smell this stuff being brewed.)

01-31-2003 20:43:08 | More by WMBierguy
JISurfer

South Carolina

1.73/5  rDev -6.5%
look: 1.5 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 2 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 1.5

My finacee's dad drinks this stuff all the time. He's given me some, but that has been the only time I drink it, and that was only when I was "hard up" for beer. What can I say about it? It's light in color, with a little head, due to carbonation. The taste is nothing great. It's just there. I guess if I had to describe it, I would say that it was like stale water, with some hoppiness to it. The mouthfeel is somewhat remeniscent of water. Not much on the drinkability scale, but it's better than "The Bull".

01-12-2003 19:55:17 | More by JISurfer
UncleJimbo

2.13/5  rDev +15.1%

It is hard to stay in St. Louis and not sample some Bud Light.

The beer from a tap poured to give a light golden beer with very little carbonation and only a small head. The aroma was very, very slight (malt?). The taste is very light, but not tasteless. As far as "light beers" it serves the purpose, I suppose. There is very little mouthfeel since it is so thin, but there is some tiny amount of hops in the finish. The drinkability is low, but if you must, make sure it is ice cold.

01-04-2003 04:18:49 | More by UncleJimbo
cretemixer

Indiana

1.4/5  rDev -24.3%

Oh how the palate has changed. Not that I often drank this but it regularly showed up at many family gatherings as it did this night. Poured a light golden color with a decent head that lasted longer than I expected. Doesn't look bad but the nose really didn't give any hints as to the taste to come ( or maybe it did?) Watered down, bitter, and overall not tasty. I drank it but the first sip made me cringe. Switched to soda until I could get home to some real beer.

01-02-2003 08:08:14 | More by cretemixer
elmocoso

2.28/5  rDev +23.2%

Pours a perfectly clear beer with a quickly disipating head.

A sweet and dry aroma with no detectible hop smell.

Carbonation stings the tounge that finishes with a mild sweetness.

as with all A-B beverages, it is a very polished beer. so polished, infact, that it has no character at all and seems to be just a vehicle to get drunk and socialize.

a good bottled water would serve me better.

12-28-2002 17:46:55 | More by elmocoso
Pegasus

1.53/5  rDev -17.3%
look: 2 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 1.5

Perfectly clear and almost colorless with a large snow-white head and moderate carbonation. Rather faint aroma of grain and a mere rumor of hops. Mouthfeel is quite watery, carbonation stings a bit sharply. Tasting yields a little malt which fades to a faint bit of lemon hops with a crisp and dry finish. Little more in character than a sparkling mineral water would offer.

12-26-2002 20:49:38 | More by Pegasus
CharlesRiver

Connecticut

1.83/5  rDev -1.1%

It is amazing the changes that have taken place for me over the past five years in terms of my beer selection. In college I thought BL was a good beer, I had so much to learn. This beer looks, smells and tastes like water with corn added. To each his own, but this one isn't for me.

11-26-2002 04:27:12 | More by CharlesRiver
Kwak

1.08/5  rDev -41.6%

Bud Light
Even worse than coors light!
Bad attempt at a drinkable beer.
No head ,the taste was water down bud very stale flat skunked
beer.Makes coors light taste like a refreshing drink!

11-23-2002 10:50:19 | More by Kwak
NeroFiddled

2.85/5  rDev +54.1%

Pours a very clear, yellowish/light straw gold with a white head that drops almost immediately to just a collar. The aroma is quite limited but offers some dull maltiness if you seek it out. The body is light with a very fine carbonation that's gently crisp in the mouth. The flavor is limited as well, but offers a clean combination of gentle malt and mild hop. It finishes exceptionally clean and drying. There's not really much here, but I guess that's the point of light beer. What makes it stand out in its category, however, is that there's absolutely no off-flavor to it and the balance is dead on. Very well made.

11-18-2002 21:31:37 | More by NeroFiddled
Shiloh

Ontario (Canada)

2.68/5  rDev +44.9%

This particular Bud Light sampled was the Canadian model brewed under licence from AB to Labatt Brewing Co. This offering was very light in colour and the head was very impressive but quickly left leaving no evidence in its wake. Hops are very prominent and the carbonation seems sufficient.
I enjoyed it....

11-07-2002 15:00:57 | More by Shiloh
yen157

1.2/5  rDev -35.1%

Absolute worst of the american macro-lights. Very, very, very pale. Very pale. It was only a little grainy smelling, that's it. Not really any malt to speak of, and as for hops, the only hops this beer had in it is some that my have diffused through the packaging from some good beer it was sitting next to on the shelf. Very carbonated. Like soda water with yellow food coloring. The only reason I got this was because it was the cheapest 6-pack in the store. This was also the reason for the drinkability not being "aweful".

10-17-2002 10:14:56 | More by yen157
bewareOFpenguin

I was having a feud with neighbor and I bought a six pack of these to empty and then throw on his yard. Definite "white trash" beer. People who like this are into stock car racing and hunting. I personally think it has no taste. I once tried to steam mussels in it, but that didn't even produce a taste. Will go with out before I drink this.

09-30-2002 10:17:59 | More by bewareOFpenguin
kunzbrew

2.03/5  rDev +9.7%

Well you know, cheap and easy to drink but not a great tasting beer. Light body, no head, plenty of corn and rice though. For cheap shit it works. I will have on hand for my friends that do appricate the good stuff.

09-18-2002 19:00:35 | More by kunzbrew
Mick

1.25/5  rDev -32.4%

This is not a very good product. Overall it has a very bland appearance, no highlights, no real color. There isn't a very defined scent, the aroma is very faint because it is barley there to begin with. I can not drink this. It has a very sandy texture and goes down rougher than warm ginger ale.

09-11-2002 10:43:10 | More by Mick
putnam

1.1/5  rDev -40.5%

Pale liquid, not so much straw-colored as it is just gray. A scary, dead-looking color. Freakishly clown-like aromas of cotton candy, sweet-heart candy, formaldehyde... I don't think I can drink this "beer." I push on. Wow. The flavors are thankfully very watery. I was afraid I would have to taste what I smelled. There is a very faint echo of the aromas on the palate, like it is coming to me across a vast distance. I feel safe. If I was a gutter alcoholic, I might consider drinking this... if it were free.

09-10-2002 16:00:02 | More by putnam