Bud Light - Anheuser-Busch

Anheuser-Busch visit their website
Missouri, United States

Light Lager |  4.20% ABV

Beer added by: BeerAdvocate on 08-22-2001

Sort by:  Recent | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Bud Light Alström Bros
Reviews: 1,342 | Hads: 5,279
2.07/5  rDev +5.1%

The appearence of this beer is the same as when it comes out of you, the head retains for 5-10 seconds and the word lacing is not in this beer's vocabulary. The aroma was also unimpressive has maybe a hint of corn???

The taste is not awful, but standard not impressive, I wouldn't drink this unless I was either drunk or it was offered for free by some random girl. The mouthfeel isn't too pleasent either, makes you only want to pound it down to get the alcohol in your system. The drinkability is fair, as it can be drank due to a lack of alcohol flavor, which is just ok.

Final Thought(s): This is pretty bad stuff man...
- Beer flavored club soda, perhaps?
- People need to read up on nutrition and realize the carb thing means nothing... (752 characters)

Absolute piss. Tried two, one in the can and one in a glass (BIG mistake).
Looks like a frothy urine sample, smells like rancid corn, tastes like Courtney Love after a bender. Coca-cola has more body. Thank the gods the frat boys love this crap, as it saves the real beer for the rest of us.

Why, oh why isn't there a ranking lower than "1"? (345 characters)

1.2/5  rDev -39.1%

This beer is what's wrong with America. Hands down the worst of the "big three". Second in sales only to it's equally terrible big brother. I was out with the guys and they had $3 pitchers of this stuff so I had little choice but to get it, as my friends are all near broke. We ended up downing at least 10 pitchers of this swill and while it got the job done, I think I'll man up and spring for the good stuff next time, even if I'm alone in doing so. (452 characters)

1.6/5  rDev -18.8%
look: 1.5 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 2

Pours a pale golden watery color with a faint white foamy head that disappeared very, very quickly. No lacing on the glass at all. Carbonation bubbles abound. Smells grainy, and slightly stale. Not a very good smell. Tastes very sweet at first, no hop bitterness at all. Mouthfeel was very watery, along with extra fizzy. Lots of carbonation in this one. Overall, not much taste at all. I will pass on another. (410 characters)

1.69/5  rDev -14.2%

So I gave in and gave Bud Light another shot. What can I say, I had no beer and a friend offered.
Well, it was better than the skunked can I had first tried, but that's not saying much. It still reeked of adjunct. The only way I could drink this was if it stayed in the bottle so I didn't have to look at the pathetic pale yellow, no head, fizzy-ness, and if it was ice cold. Warm it up even slightly and wait for the corn and subsequent disgusted face.
Can't stand this crap... wheres my magic hat? (502 characters)

1.35/5  rDev -31.5%

My friend Brad is a self-proclaimed redneck. This is his beer and all of his buddies beer. They wont drink anything else. Of course, they brag that they can drink from noon to close. I could too, if I was drinking this stuff.

It is only palatable if you are funneling it. That's it. (285 characters)

2.05/5  rDev +4.1%

I have to give credit to Bud for producing a beer that is drinkable (if uninspired), and both cheap and accessible. It is a decent beer for playing softball, hanging out at the lake, and staying low key. It is not flavorful in any sense, nor is it anything out of the ordinary. It is simple, cheap and bland. Taste is very watery, mouthfeel is fizzy and smell is reminiscent of soap with some very faint aromas of grain.

Sometimes you need cheap, drinkable beer, though. If you want to pound some beers on a budget, not get filled up, and your goal is an inexpensive buzz, this is your beer. So frat boys unite!! (616 characters)

1.03/5  rDev -47.7%

A friend of mine bought a 12-pack of this for $11.99. This was $2 MORE than my 12 of Sam Adams (on sale).
I gave it a generous 1.5 for appearance as it was clear, but was pee yellow with no head. All other categories received a 1, as this is as low as the choices will allow.
It smelled like soap.
It tasted like it had grass in it.

Overall, I had to give it 1 out of 5 swills. (383 characters)

2.8/5  rDev +42.1%
look: 2.5 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 4

Pale yellow appearance with fizzy head. Smell was slightly sweet with adjuncts. There is some sweet malt and corn in the taste with faint bitterness. Very drinkable when cold. CONSIDERING THE STYLE, this is not bad... but not great either. Suitable drink for quenching thirst or guzzling a few down when complex taste is not desired. (333 characters)

1.9/5  rDev -3.6%

I had the opportunity to review this by visiting my next door neighbor, to watch the NCAA basketball championship game. He gave me a bottle of Bud Light, because he was out of all the good stuff I've given him the past couple of years. He drank a bottle of this, also, and compared notes for this review.
It pours a clear, pale yellow, with a minimal head that vanishes in scant seconds. No lacing is noted.
Aroma is nonexistent. Both of us, smelled this several times...trying to sense some malt or hops. There is nothing.
Mouthfeel reveals a thin body, and gets extra points for carbonation.
Taste is like apple cider, without the apples. Without the cider, as well, but does get some points for a faint, malt touch.
This might deserve more points for drinkability, because of its watery, interpretation of a light, pale, lager. But, nah..I'm rating it for what it is. (881 characters)

2.35/5  rDev +19.3%

The beer pours an almost clear color with a slight yellow hue. It has a frothy white head that quickly fades to spotty lacing. The aroma is almost non-existant. This beer is full of adjuncts and little malts. There is a small amount of bitter skunkiness to the aroma. The taste is almost non-existant. I feel like the dudes in the Miller Lite commercials who are pissed they can't taste their beer. It is very watered down and devoid of any flavor. The mouthfeel is fine. It is a low bodied beer with good carbonation. This is what the health freaks are drinking these days. I pitty them. I'll keep my beer gut and continue enjoying good beer, however many carbs it contains. (675 characters)

1.43/5  rDev -27.4%

I hear people say that bud-light is a good beer for young people who haven't developed their palate. I say its a decent beer for people that don't like beer. I usually try to avoid "light beer" but in my experience, bud light is the worst of the bunch. The colour is pale yellow, clear and processed. The excessive filtering have stripped the beer of most of its taste and smell leaving something that tastes like club soda with slight beer undertones. Although I can't say that i would want another one, this beer is very easy to drink, especially when cold allowing high school students to boast, "Hey man I pounded back a two four".
Cheers (643 characters)

2.94/5  rDev +49.2%

How do I start this review? I am well aware that the real beer connoisseur's will be put off by this but I will state my case for this beer as best I can,when I am in the mood to pound some beer and am short in pocket ,I love this beer! it doesn't give me a bad hangover ,it's not as bloating or as filling as regular Bud,but gives you that same Rock'n'Roll buzz.It is a great summer at the beach beer as it is easy going down and you won't get too F#$% up.I guess it's charm is it's not offensive in any way it's not too hoppy,it's not too malty, it's just right, the way American beers we were brought up on were meant to be. in fact it's not to anything ...that is why some people love it and some people hate it . Thanks (724 characters)

This, even though its one of my lowest rated beers its still one of my favorite beers to drink. Aside form having my brew fridge stuffed with hig qulity beers i always have bud light. Its refreshing crisp and clean and personally tastes better than all the other macro light lagers. It pours a plae yellow and has some hints of hops in the smell, not alot because it is infused with the malt. The taste is pretty bland but it has some hints of matliness and some very little bitterness. (486 characters)

1.16/5  rDev -41.1%

Pours an over carbonated pale yellow.

Smell is nothing, not even a whiff of yeast, hop is completely absent.

Taste is a little sweet, and that is all, not even a Cornflake taste.

Mouthfeel is present only because it is really over carbonated.

Drinkable as in seltzer water. (285 characters)

1.28/5  rDev -35%

Poured crystal clear light yellowish gold with no foam. Smell was like stale moldy bread, which made me want to put it down. Taste was plain and boring, somewhat pungent, with no hop flavors apparent at all. The aftertaste would not go away. A poor example of a light lager. (274 characters)

1.83/5  rDev -7.1%

ok. so we skate this dude kirk's backyard pool all the time, and the price of admission is you have to bring him budlight. so sometimes that what gets passed around and while yes im a BA and i should spread the knowledge, these are old beat up skateboarders and they dont really give a shit about my beer knowledge. that being said, it pours out clear, yellow, weak. the head is sad, fizzy, not happenin. the smell sucks, it smells spoiled. the taste is light to say the least. watery, but light hops are in the mix. somewhat refreshing, but only when its hot as hell. after 2 or so...ill go back to my water. (609 characters)

2.17/5  rDev +10.2%

Well, it REMINDS you of beer, so there's something to say about that. On a really hot afternoon, with lots of good friends around and burgers on the grill, it's almost good. I have a neighbor who mixes his half-and-half with bloody Mary mix. I told him I thought it was a waste of tomato juice.

I'm not sure I'd rather be punched in the face, like pheurton asserts, but there's not much to this "beer" aside from its eminent drinkability. However, if I were just thirsty, I'd drink water; and if I wanted a quick buzz, I'd drink vodka.

Lots of hops, rice and corn. No discernible complexity. Seems like a real waste of time to drink this.

I know the rules say, "Don't slam a beer . . ." Well, Jason and Todd, I'm tryin', and this is the best I can do. Don't delete my account, please. I'm just a newby. (812 characters)

1.55/5  rDev -21.3%

brilliantly clear yellow with an ivory colored head that disappears immediately. no noticeable aromas other than overcooked cereal grains. lively carbonation renders a soda-like mouthfeel. fructose like sweetness. extremely light bitterness aims for a refreshing sensation, ends up yielding a funky sulfur-tinged grain taste.

this beer is awful, and offers no redeeming qualities. i'd rather give the bartender $3.50 and have him punch me in the face than drink this horse piss. (482 characters)

2.64/5  rDev +34%

Bud Light tastes a lot like seltzer water. If you have to get drunk on cheap beer this will do the trick and it won't overpower your palete like it's big brother "The King of Beers" will. Of the light domestics this one is the easiest one to handle. (249 characters)

2.34/5  rDev +18.8%

Bud Light has the best commercials as far as beer is concerned. So how is the actual beer? No good in fact not good at all. Bud Light you could drink a case in a day because it is like water. It pours a straw yellow where you have to pour the beer hard to get a head, that lasts for only seconds. The smell is hard to put a finger on. A hint of water mixed with cereal. Weird I know but to me that is what it smells like. When in the mouth the tastebuds don't sense much sensation, the drinkability is high because you could drink a million of these, like downing water. Funny how the cheaper Natural Light by AB is better than the more expensive Bud Light by AB. Still both are not what I would call BEER! (706 characters)

1.43/5  rDev -27.4%

Pale yellow urine-like color. Quickly fading head that's watery and fizzy. Smell is of soggy cereal, like bad rice krispies. mmmm adjuncts fill the palet. More rice and flavorless filler. Aparently they ran out of hops and malts at the brewery...maybe I should call Anheuser-Busch and tell them... This stuff is just bad to even worse. (335 characters)

1.2/5  rDev -39.1%

This was one of those beers i drank before i knew better. Appearance straw colored, smell is of cooked veggies. Taste is rather watery. Average drinkability. Not offensive, but nothing to write home about either. Stay away if at all possible...you are warned! (259 characters)

1.94/5  rDev -1.5%

At last, my final Superbowl fidge gift. Let's see what we've got.

Appearance: The classic American macro pilsner. Pale straw yellow, with a CO2ed head that fizzes away in a few seconds. A tiny bit of lacing and a collar. Remember, average for the STYLE.

Smell: Not unpleasant? There's just not much here, even for a macro. A bit of yeasty sharpness, slightly citrus, a bit grainy--it smells like a college bar at 11 p.m. But in a sorta good way.

Taste: Waddaya want me to say? It's great? It's special? It's different? None of the above. McBeer. I know Bud uses rice to make the taste "clean." I think they went ahead and cleaned out the entire flavor. There's a sour finish. Other than that... It's not horrible. It's not anything, in fact. They seem to have their fizz a bit more under control than most. I guess that should count for something.

Drinkability: I'm sure you could drink hundreds of these and never be offended in any way.

A great beverage, but a mediocre-at-best beer. Still, if the grill's going, the reggae's pounding, the sun is shining, the guests are milling and you've got a long day ahead of you, do you care? If not, here you go. (1,170 characters)

1.46/5  rDev -25.9%

Another billiard tournament, another crappy beer sponsor. Poured into a frozen mug. Usually I don't use frozen mugs, but this calls for an exception. Even with proper pour, the head was pathetic. About half a thumb widths of foam that lasted less than a minute. Some ice particles started to form on the surface. Pale, and I do mean pale, yellow. Very faint smell. Mostly adjuncts so weak I couldn't tell what they were. Light taste. It isn't water, but it's close to it. Some rice is on the tongue. No bitterness, sweetness, nor aftertaste. Mouthfeel is thin. It feels thinner than water. Is that possible? For a liquid to be thinner than water? Drinkable as swill. Drinkable like tap water. Which doesn't mean a thing. Not a good beer. (737 characters)

Bud Light from Anheuser-Busch