Bud Light - Anheuser-Busch

Anheuser-Busch visit their website
Missouri, United States

Light Lager |  4.20% ABV

Beer added by: BeerAdvocate on 08-22-2001

Sort by:  Recent | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Bud Light Alström Bros
Reviews: 1,353 | Hads: 5,328
1.7/5  rDev -13.7%

Ahh yet another sample from me BUD MAN.. Do they really think the factory fresh Bud stuff is gonna change my mind? Pours the colour of washed out corn. Smells like chemicals, And tastes like it too. No hops, no malt. At least Miller High Life has character compared to this charlaten. Mouthfeel is the best part of this as its not to spritzy.. but Drinkability? Please.. the only reason to drink this is when its the only beer available!! (438 characters)

1.63/5  rDev -17.3%

This was a BAD beer, but not as disgusting as others I have had, which is why I have rated it higher than many.

It was a yellow so pale it looked like it was a trick of the light. The head was good, but it didn't last long.

The taste? Imagine taking a good pilsner and diluting it 10:1 with seltzer water, and you approach it. I knew it was beer, the head hinted at it, but the taste didn't reflect it. Ick.

The mouthfeel was almost nonexistent, but the remnants of head and the carbonation served to give it a little body.

VERY drinkable... as water is very drinkable. But the only reason I went for it was because it was free. I wouldn't pay for this stuff. (672 characters)

1.25/5  rDev -36.5%

What's there to be said about Bud Light that hasn't already been said? When I was drinking it, I honestly thought I was drinking club soda. There was no semblence of taste in this beer whatsoever. It has the mouthfeel of club soda as well. You could put yellow food coloring into club soda, and pass it off as Bud Light with ease. No one would know the difference until they were ten beers deep and wondering why they weren't hammered yet.

At least I can detect a slight scent of sweetness from this swill, putting it above water.

I can't believe some people drink this bile nightly. I'll stick with Guinness. (615 characters)

1.57/5  rDev -20.3%

Regular Bud burns your mouth and stomach, doesn't look like much, hurts to drink, and smells like water. The only saving grace of that beer is an alright bittersweet taste.

That taste is not present in Bud Light. This is the second most flavorless beer that I've ever drank (Coors Light being the first). Coors is okay because it goes down so smoothe, though, and since it doesn't taste like anything its an ideal drink for kids or people who just hate beer that you want to get drunk with anyway (like college chicks).

There is no saving grace for Bud Light, though. Nothing. Every aspect of this beer is either painful or non-existant. (645 characters)

3.02/5  rDev +53.3%

A great friend of mine left a few of these in my fridge. I decided to crack them open and see what there is to see. The beer is a yellow, thin headed macro with a corny smell. This beer tastes like veggies from the crisper. The carbonation is moderate and the only thing that contributes to the mouthfeel. Drinkability is fairly high considering it is made to be consumed in high quantities by the least common denominator. A very average light beer.. (451 characters)

1.48/5  rDev -24.9%

Remember that slow kid who always ate paste in kindergarten? Well stop making fun of him, that was me you know. I know what paste tastes like, and Bud Light tastes like paste but at least is far more drinkable.

There's my glowing review for Bud Light: Tastes and feels like paste, goes down 50% easier. (305 characters)

1.22/5  rDev -38.1%

Well, I decided to review this one just because I despise it so much. Pours out yellow. Small head that goes away fast. Looks like piss. Smells like crap. Corn, crap, and nothingness all tightly packed into one 12 ounce bottle. How do they do it?!?! It gets a 1.5 for smell just because at least there was something present. Tastes awful. Awful, awful, awful. One of the worst beers ever.

I hate Bud Light, I hate Anheuser-Busch, I can't stand this stuff. But will always be a keg party staple for years to come (unfortunately). (531 characters)

1.75/5  rDev -11.2%
look: 1.5 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 2 | overall: 2.5

330ml bottle

Pours with a corny yellow body, thin whispy head

Smell, malty, slight nasty corn aroma also

Taste, dry and full of adjunct, taste of corn is prelevant but still the beer tastes very very light, very corny

Not something i would ever buy again,...ever (274 characters)

1.3/5  rDev -34%

How did it come to this..but here I am reviewing a 24 oz can of Bud Light..and to give it the best chance I have poured it into my Chimay chalice ( that usually makes a beer look .5 better at least).
But not this one..two words for the appearance yellow and urine.
The aroma is even more abysmal than the appearance..some dirty rainwater comes to mind.
taste ..water with a dash of cheap beer.
Mouthfeel thin and horrid..chemical like aftertaste.
This stuff is no good..im sorry its just a bad beer..drink water . (518 characters)

2.28/5  rDev +15.7%

This is the beer of choice for social gatherings. Well not any gatherings I would attend now. Moderatly priced and you get what you pay for. Clear yellow color reminds me of tainted water. Easy to drink must be ice cold or it tastes discusting. Smells like rice some mild bittered maltness. This beer has been around for years and is still very popular with the non micro and macro brew crowds. A nice long neck bottle in a cooler is perfect for a hot summer day especially when you are mowing the lawn or something. Something not to important. Not to impressive of a brew but still if you need to drink a cold one and they are around. Rather disapointing rereading this review. I am glad I have matured in taste. (713 characters)

1.6/5  rDev -18.8%

the official beer of ed ortiz
beer for people who hate beer sums it up. these people could teach the people at zepherhills something about waterd down. it's as drinkable as water so i can not knock it for that, but it does not have any taste. if it's the only thing available, i will drink it, it's better than corona, but that does not say much. but i would not buy it and laugh at the people who buy this and think it is good beer. (434 characters)

2.07/5  rDev +5.1%

The appearence of this beer is the same as when it comes out of you, the head retains for 5-10 seconds and the word lacing is not in this beer's vocabulary. The aroma was also unimpressive has maybe a hint of corn???

The taste is not awful, but standard not impressive, I wouldn't drink this unless I was either drunk or it was offered for free by some random girl. The mouthfeel isn't too pleasent either, makes you only want to pound it down to get the alcohol in your system. The drinkability is fair, as it can be drank due to a lack of alcohol flavor, which is just ok.

Final Thought(s): This is pretty bad stuff man...
- Beer flavored club soda, perhaps?
- People need to read up on nutrition and realize the carb thing means nothing... (752 characters)

Absolute piss. Tried two, one in the can and one in a glass (BIG mistake).
Looks like a frothy urine sample, smells like rancid corn, tastes like Courtney Love after a bender. Coca-cola has more body. Thank the gods the frat boys love this crap, as it saves the real beer for the rest of us.

Why, oh why isn't there a ranking lower than "1"? (345 characters)

1.2/5  rDev -39.1%

This beer is what's wrong with America. Hands down the worst of the "big three". Second in sales only to it's equally terrible big brother. I was out with the guys and they had $3 pitchers of this stuff so I had little choice but to get it, as my friends are all near broke. We ended up downing at least 10 pitchers of this swill and while it got the job done, I think I'll man up and spring for the good stuff next time, even if I'm alone in doing so. (452 characters)

1.6/5  rDev -18.8%
look: 1.5 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 2

Pours a pale golden watery color with a faint white foamy head that disappeared very, very quickly. No lacing on the glass at all. Carbonation bubbles abound. Smells grainy, and slightly stale. Not a very good smell. Tastes very sweet at first, no hop bitterness at all. Mouthfeel was very watery, along with extra fizzy. Lots of carbonation in this one. Overall, not much taste at all. I will pass on another. (410 characters)

1.69/5  rDev -14.2%

So I gave in and gave Bud Light another shot. What can I say, I had no beer and a friend offered.
Well, it was better than the skunked can I had first tried, but that's not saying much. It still reeked of adjunct. The only way I could drink this was if it stayed in the bottle so I didn't have to look at the pathetic pale yellow, no head, fizzy-ness, and if it was ice cold. Warm it up even slightly and wait for the corn and subsequent disgusted face.
Can't stand this crap... wheres my magic hat? (502 characters)

1.35/5  rDev -31.5%

My friend Brad is a self-proclaimed redneck. This is his beer and all of his buddies beer. They wont drink anything else. Of course, they brag that they can drink from noon to close. I could too, if I was drinking this stuff.

It is only palatable if you are funneling it. That's it. (285 characters)

2.05/5  rDev +4.1%

I have to give credit to Bud for producing a beer that is drinkable (if uninspired), and both cheap and accessible. It is a decent beer for playing softball, hanging out at the lake, and staying low key. It is not flavorful in any sense, nor is it anything out of the ordinary. It is simple, cheap and bland. Taste is very watery, mouthfeel is fizzy and smell is reminiscent of soap with some very faint aromas of grain.

Sometimes you need cheap, drinkable beer, though. If you want to pound some beers on a budget, not get filled up, and your goal is an inexpensive buzz, this is your beer. So frat boys unite!! (616 characters)

1.03/5  rDev -47.7%

A friend of mine bought a 12-pack of this for $11.99. This was $2 MORE than my 12 of Sam Adams (on sale).
I gave it a generous 1.5 for appearance as it was clear, but was pee yellow with no head. All other categories received a 1, as this is as low as the choices will allow.
It smelled like soap.
It tasted like it had grass in it.

Overall, I had to give it 1 out of 5 swills. (383 characters)

2.8/5  rDev +42.1%
look: 2.5 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 4

Pale yellow appearance with fizzy head. Smell was slightly sweet with adjuncts. There is some sweet malt and corn in the taste with faint bitterness. Very drinkable when cold. CONSIDERING THE STYLE, this is not bad... but not great either. Suitable drink for quenching thirst or guzzling a few down when complex taste is not desired. (333 characters)

1.9/5  rDev -3.6%

I had the opportunity to review this by visiting my next door neighbor, to watch the NCAA basketball championship game. He gave me a bottle of Bud Light, because he was out of all the good stuff I've given him the past couple of years. He drank a bottle of this, also, and compared notes for this review.
It pours a clear, pale yellow, with a minimal head that vanishes in scant seconds. No lacing is noted.
Aroma is nonexistent. Both of us, smelled this several times...trying to sense some malt or hops. There is nothing.
Mouthfeel reveals a thin body, and gets extra points for carbonation.
Taste is like apple cider, without the apples. Without the cider, as well, but does get some points for a faint, malt touch.
This might deserve more points for drinkability, because of its watery, interpretation of a light, pale, lager. But, nah..I'm rating it for what it is. (881 characters)

2.35/5  rDev +19.3%

The beer pours an almost clear color with a slight yellow hue. It has a frothy white head that quickly fades to spotty lacing. The aroma is almost non-existant. This beer is full of adjuncts and little malts. There is a small amount of bitter skunkiness to the aroma. The taste is almost non-existant. I feel like the dudes in the Miller Lite commercials who are pissed they can't taste their beer. It is very watered down and devoid of any flavor. The mouthfeel is fine. It is a low bodied beer with good carbonation. This is what the health freaks are drinking these days. I pitty them. I'll keep my beer gut and continue enjoying good beer, however many carbs it contains. (675 characters)

1.43/5  rDev -27.4%

I hear people say that bud-light is a good beer for young people who haven't developed their palate. I say its a decent beer for people that don't like beer. I usually try to avoid "light beer" but in my experience, bud light is the worst of the bunch. The colour is pale yellow, clear and processed. The excessive filtering have stripped the beer of most of its taste and smell leaving something that tastes like club soda with slight beer undertones. Although I can't say that i would want another one, this beer is very easy to drink, especially when cold allowing high school students to boast, "Hey man I pounded back a two four".
Cheers (643 characters)

2.94/5  rDev +49.2%

How do I start this review? I am well aware that the real beer connoisseur's will be put off by this but I will state my case for this beer as best I can,when I am in the mood to pound some beer and am short in pocket ,I love this beer! it doesn't give me a bad hangover ,it's not as bloating or as filling as regular Bud,but gives you that same Rock'n'Roll buzz.It is a great summer at the beach beer as it is easy going down and you won't get too F#$% up.I guess it's charm is it's not offensive in any way it's not too hoppy,it's not too malty, it's just right, the way American beers we were brought up on were meant to be. in fact it's not to anything ...that is why some people love it and some people hate it . Thanks (724 characters)

This, even though its one of my lowest rated beers its still one of my favorite beers to drink. Aside form having my brew fridge stuffed with hig qulity beers i always have bud light. Its refreshing crisp and clean and personally tastes better than all the other macro light lagers. It pours a plae yellow and has some hints of hops in the smell, not alot because it is infused with the malt. The taste is pretty bland but it has some hints of matliness and some very little bitterness. (486 characters)

Bud Light from Anheuser-Busch