Bud Light - Anheuser-Busch

awful

Anheuser-Busch visit their website
Missouri, United States

Light Lager |  4.20% ABV

(Beer added by: BeerAdvocate on 08-22-2001)
Sort by:  Usefulness | Recent | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Bud Light Alström Bros

jferrara35, Jan 13, 2014

epyon396, Jan 12, 2014

northcoastwolf, Jan 12, 2014

kkmiller76, Jan 12, 2014
2.7/5  rDev +45.9%
look: 2.25 | smell: 2.25 | taste: 2.75 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 2.75

Let's not beat around the busch here. This beer isn't here to win ribbons or gold medals. It certainly isn't here to turn the hop-heads of beer geeks across the world. It is what it is. It's Bud Light.

A - Well, it's piss yellow, crystal clear, and has plenty of carbonation streaming up to a finger of white head that sticks around long enough for you to maybe say the alphabet, like if you're fast and haven't already had any more than a couple drinks.

S - Just don't smell it. Don't get all sophisticated with this one. Nothing to see here. Move along.
Okay fine I'll tell you what I picked up from accidentally hovering my face over the glass while I was contemplating my existence. Grass. Corn. Rice. That smell that is ingrained in my memory from high school parties and football games. What can I say? It's nostalgic.

T - Have you ever had Perrier? Or maybe just decided to chug a bottle of club soda out of pure boredom? It was kind of like that, only distilled in adjunct grain juice for a while. It sounds bad, but if you're expecting it, then it's tolerable. In the right mindset, you can even quite enjoy it.

M - This is what I actually like about this beer. It's refreshing, crisp, and has plenty of carbonation. Good for a hot day when you don't want to do anything, including thinking about the beer you're drinking. Very light bodied. Reminiscent of water.

O - I'm not saying this is a bad beer. I'm saying this is the beer that I keep on hand in case someone who isn't my friend asks for a brewski while I'm hosting a party. I'm not going to turn one away if it's the only thing available.

My advice? Grab some buds and go somewhere that serves a proper brew.

AaronTheBearded, Jan 11, 2014

1.75/5  rDev -5.4%

Hearneator, Jan 07, 2014

BeerBeast, Jan 06, 2014
2.94/5  rDev +58.9%

A- Pale, clear and golden. Lots of carbonation with no head. Minimal lacing.

S- Pale malts with a rice backbone. No hops.

T- Typical light lager. Not much different from the rest. But I like to drink beer. And every beer has a right time. This lager has mild flavors and is basically carbonated flavor water with a little bit of alcohol in it. It tastes good after a hard fought volleyball or baseball game in the summer heat when a water would be better but a beer sounds great. Or when you want to sober up. This light lager is ok. No better no worse...

M- Goes down easy and classy. A little too carbonated and not enough aftertaste for me.

O- Well as most young people I also started drinking beers like this, and enjoyed them. Recently I have experimented with all sorts of different types of beer and discovered that I prefer a more complex flavor. But at the same time I think this beer has a time and place. Not my favorite but its ok.

Emnmarko, Jan 06, 2014