Join our email list →

Anheuser-Busch
Missouri, United States | website

Light Lager | 4.20% ABV

Beer added by: BeerAdvocate on 08-22-2001

Sort by:  Recent | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Bud Light Alström Bros
Reviews: 1,387 | Hads: 5,529
3.31/5  rDev +72.4%

I dont see what the problem whit good ol Bud Light is. There are much worse beers in the world than this one. I have been known to at times put down a whole case of these. While it cannot compare with an import, not much American beer can. For what it is worth Bud Light is actually pretty good. Beats the hell out of its cousin Busch Light.

1.46/5  rDev -24%

At the golf course from a can into a plastic cup. While not the best rating situation, I did take some time to seriously evaluate this beer.

It pours a transparent whitish yellow color with a thin quickly disappearring head, almost soda like. The aroma is faintly yeasty, there is no real malt aroma, and absolutely no hop aroma. The flavor is a quick watery hint of wheat malt and corn sugar. There is almost no body to this, and thankfully almost no aftertaste. This beer is made for sheer drinkability in terms of volume and not pleasure.

2.28/5  rDev +18.8%

This seems to be a typical example of an American macro light beer. Appearance is pale, watery yellow and smell is of the usual macro adjunct aroma. Taste presents a tiny bit of flavor, but mainly watered down mediocrity. I wouldn't recommend this to an average BA. Still, I found this to be a decent beer for hanging around with friends when you don't need anything anywhere near special. The colder the better here.

2.06/5  rDev +7.3%

Last sample 09/07/2000
The beer after spilling from the 12-ounce bottle sets in the glass a clear light yellow color with a minimal frothy bright white head that evaporates quickly leaving a thin bit of lace to coat the glass. Nose is malt, sweet and fresh with the start lightly malted and somewhat sweet, top is thin. Finish has a stern acidity and the hops light to the palate, fry aftertaste, a drinkable beer, and one I used to find enjoyable before I became addicted to over the top beers.

1.7/5  rDev -11.5%

Ahh yet another sample from me BUD MAN.. Do they really think the factory fresh Bud stuff is gonna change my mind? Pours the colour of washed out corn. Smells like chemicals, And tastes like it too. No hops, no malt. At least Miller High Life has character compared to this charlaten. Mouthfeel is the best part of this as its not to spritzy.. but Drinkability? Please.. the only reason to drink this is when its the only beer available!!

1.63/5  rDev -15.1%

This was a BAD beer, but not as disgusting as others I have had, which is why I have rated it higher than many.

It was a yellow so pale it looked like it was a trick of the light. The head was good, but it didn't last long.

The taste? Imagine taking a good pilsner and diluting it 10:1 with seltzer water, and you approach it. I knew it was beer, the head hinted at it, but the taste didn't reflect it. Ick.

The mouthfeel was almost nonexistent, but the remnants of head and the carbonation served to give it a little body.

VERY drinkable... as water is very drinkable. But the only reason I went for it was because it was free. I wouldn't pay for this stuff.

1.25/5  rDev -34.9%

What's there to be said about Bud Light that hasn't already been said? When I was drinking it, I honestly thought I was drinking club soda. There was no semblence of taste in this beer whatsoever. It has the mouthfeel of club soda as well. You could put yellow food coloring into club soda, and pass it off as Bud Light with ease. No one would know the difference until they were ten beers deep and wondering why they weren't hammered yet.

At least I can detect a slight scent of sweetness from this swill, putting it above water.

I can't believe some people drink this bile nightly. I'll stick with Guinness.

1.57/5  rDev -18.2%

Regular Bud burns your mouth and stomach, doesn't look like much, hurts to drink, and smells like water. The only saving grace of that beer is an alright bittersweet taste.

That taste is not present in Bud Light. This is the second most flavorless beer that I've ever drank (Coors Light being the first). Coors is okay because it goes down so smoothe, though, and since it doesn't taste like anything its an ideal drink for kids or people who just hate beer that you want to get drunk with anyway (like college chicks).

There is no saving grace for Bud Light, though. Nothing. Every aspect of this beer is either painful or non-existant.

3.02/5  rDev +57.3%

A great friend of mine left a few of these in my fridge. I decided to crack them open and see what there is to see. The beer is a yellow, thin headed macro with a corny smell. This beer tastes like veggies from the crisper. The carbonation is moderate and the only thing that contributes to the mouthfeel. Drinkability is fairly high considering it is made to be consumed in high quantities by the least common denominator. A very average light beer..

1.48/5  rDev -22.9%

Remember that slow kid who always ate paste in kindergarten? Well stop making fun of him, that was me you know. I know what paste tastes like, and Bud Light tastes like paste but at least is far more drinkable.

There's my glowing review for Bud Light: Tastes and feels like paste, goes down 50% easier.

1.22/5  rDev -36.5%

Well, I decided to review this one just because I despise it so much. Pours out yellow. Small head that goes away fast. Looks like piss. Smells like crap. Corn, crap, and nothingness all tightly packed into one 12 ounce bottle. How do they do it?!?! It gets a 1.5 for smell just because at least there was something present. Tastes awful. Awful, awful, awful. One of the worst beers ever.

I hate Bud Light, I hate Anheuser-Busch, I can't stand this stuff. But will always be a keg party staple for years to come (unfortunately).

1.75/5  rDev -8.9%
look: 1.5 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 2 | overall: 2.5

330ml bottle

Pours with a corny yellow body, thin whispy head

Smell, malty, slight nasty corn aroma also

Taste, dry and full of adjunct, taste of corn is prelevant but still the beer tastes very very light, very corny

Not something i would ever buy again,...ever

1.3/5  rDev -32.3%

How did it come to this..but here I am reviewing a 24 oz can of Bud Light..and to give it the best chance I have poured it into my Chimay chalice ( that usually makes a beer look .5 better at least).
But not this one..two words for the appearance yellow and urine.
The aroma is even more abysmal than the appearance..some dirty rainwater comes to mind.
taste ..water with a dash of cheap beer.
Mouthfeel thin and horrid..chemical like aftertaste.
This stuff is no good..im sorry its just a bad beer..drink water .

2.28/5  rDev +18.8%

This is the beer of choice for social gatherings. Well not any gatherings I would attend now. Moderatly priced and you get what you pay for. Clear yellow color reminds me of tainted water. Easy to drink must be ice cold or it tastes discusting. Smells like rice some mild bittered maltness. This beer has been around for years and is still very popular with the non micro and macro brew crowds. A nice long neck bottle in a cooler is perfect for a hot summer day especially when you are mowing the lawn or something. Something not to important. Not to impressive of a brew but still if you need to drink a cold one and they are around. Rather disapointing rereading this review. I am glad I have matured in taste.

1.6/5  rDev -16.7%

the official beer of ed ortiz
beer for people who hate beer sums it up. these people could teach the people at zepherhills something about waterd down. it's as drinkable as water so i can not knock it for that, but it does not have any taste. if it's the only thing available, i will drink it, it's better than corona, but that does not say much. but i would not buy it and laugh at the people who buy this and think it is good beer.

2.07/5  rDev +7.8%

The appearence of this beer is the same as when it comes out of you, the head retains for 5-10 seconds and the word lacing is not in this beer's vocabulary. The aroma was also unimpressive has maybe a hint of corn???

The taste is not awful, but standard not impressive, I wouldn't drink this unless I was either drunk or it was offered for free by some random girl. The mouthfeel isn't too pleasent either, makes you only want to pound it down to get the alcohol in your system. The drinkability is fair, as it can be drank due to a lack of alcohol flavor, which is just ok.

Final Thought(s): This is pretty bad stuff man...
- Beer flavored club soda, perhaps?
- People need to read up on nutrition and realize the carb thing means nothing...

Absolute piss. Tried two, one in the can and one in a glass (BIG mistake).
Looks like a frothy urine sample, smells like rancid corn, tastes like Courtney Love after a bender. Coca-cola has more body. Thank the gods the frat boys love this crap, as it saves the real beer for the rest of us.

Why, oh why isn't there a ranking lower than "1"?

1.2/5  rDev -37.5%

This beer is what's wrong with America. Hands down the worst of the "big three". Second in sales only to it's equally terrible big brother. I was out with the guys and they had $3 pitchers of this stuff so I had little choice but to get it, as my friends are all near broke. We ended up downing at least 10 pitchers of this swill and while it got the job done, I think I'll man up and spring for the good stuff next time, even if I'm alone in doing so.

1.6/5  rDev -16.7%
look: 1.5 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 2

Pours a pale golden watery color with a faint white foamy head that disappeared very, very quickly. No lacing on the glass at all. Carbonation bubbles abound. Smells grainy, and slightly stale. Not a very good smell. Tastes very sweet at first, no hop bitterness at all. Mouthfeel was very watery, along with extra fizzy. Lots of carbonation in this one. Overall, not much taste at all. I will pass on another.

1.69/5  rDev -12%

So I gave in and gave Bud Light another shot. What can I say, I had no beer and a friend offered.
Well, it was better than the skunked can I had first tried, but that's not saying much. It still reeked of adjunct. The only way I could drink this was if it stayed in the bottle so I didn't have to look at the pathetic pale yellow, no head, fizzy-ness, and if it was ice cold. Warm it up even slightly and wait for the corn and subsequent disgusted face.
Can't stand this crap... wheres my magic hat?

1.35/5  rDev -29.7%

My friend Brad is a self-proclaimed redneck. This is his beer and all of his buddies beer. They wont drink anything else. Of course, they brag that they can drink from noon to close. I could too, if I was drinking this stuff.

It is only palatable if you are funneling it. That's it.

2.05/5  rDev +6.8%

I have to give credit to Bud for producing a beer that is drinkable (if uninspired), and both cheap and accessible. It is a decent beer for playing softball, hanging out at the lake, and staying low key. It is not flavorful in any sense, nor is it anything out of the ordinary. It is simple, cheap and bland. Taste is very watery, mouthfeel is fizzy and smell is reminiscent of soap with some very faint aromas of grain.

Sometimes you need cheap, drinkable beer, though. If you want to pound some beers on a budget, not get filled up, and your goal is an inexpensive buzz, this is your beer. So frat boys unite!!

1.03/5  rDev -46.4%

A friend of mine bought a 12-pack of this for $11.99. This was $2 MORE than my 12 of Sam Adams (on sale).
I gave it a generous 1.5 for appearance as it was clear, but was pee yellow with no head. All other categories received a 1, as this is as low as the choices will allow.
It smelled like soap.
It tasted like it had grass in it.

Overall, I had to give it 1 out of 5 swills.

2.8/5  rDev +45.8%
look: 2.5 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 4

Pale yellow appearance with fizzy head. Smell was slightly sweet with adjuncts. There is some sweet malt and corn in the taste with faint bitterness. Very drinkable when cold. CONSIDERING THE STYLE, this is not bad... but not great either. Suitable drink for quenching thirst or guzzling a few down when complex taste is not desired.

1.9/5  rDev -1%

I had the opportunity to review this by visiting my next door neighbor, to watch the NCAA basketball championship game. He gave me a bottle of Bud Light, because he was out of all the good stuff I've given him the past couple of years. He drank a bottle of this, also, and compared notes for this review.
It pours a clear, pale yellow, with a minimal head that vanishes in scant seconds. No lacing is noted.
Aroma is nonexistent. Both of us, smelled this several times...trying to sense some malt or hops. There is nothing.
Mouthfeel reveals a thin body, and gets extra points for carbonation.
Taste is like apple cider, without the apples. Without the cider, as well, but does get some points for a faint, malt touch.
This might deserve more points for drinkability, because of its watery, interpretation of a light, pale, lager. But, nah..I'm rating it for what it is.

Bud Light from Anheuser-Busch