Already subscribe? to manage your subscription.

Bud Light - Anheuser-Busch

Bud LightBud Light

awful

awful

Anheuser-Busch visit their website
Missouri, United States

Light Lager |  4.20% ABV

Beer added by: BeerAdvocate on 08-22-2001

Sort by:  Recent | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Bud Light Alström Bros
Reviews: 1,351 | Hads: 5,320

Had the misfortune of showing up to a meathead party that only had this offering. Took about 3 sips and had to dump it.. absolutely horrid.... i feel sorry for anyone who thinks this is good beer (195 characters)

1.15/5  rDev -41.6%
look: 1.25 | smell: 1.25 | taste: 1 | feel: 1.25 | overall: 1.25

Take Budweiser, the watered down beer that helped gave North American beer a bad name for many years piss in it and drink it. That's what Bud Light tastes like. Even looks a pale, foamy light yellow like someone pissed in a glass of Budweiser... (247 characters)

1.38/5  rDev -29.9%

I once pissed a mixture of Gatorade, Milk and Bud Light. I bottled the urine stream into an old Bud Light bottle and served an unexpecting ex-girlfriend. She couldn't tell the difference. I think she even got a lil krunk from it. (231 characters)

1.7/5  rDev -13.7%

Typical American adjacent lager. Light smooth flavorless and not worth a full review. Decent for a camp fire or bbq if you in to watching your calorie intake. (158 characters)

1.45/5  rDev -26.4%
look: 2 | smell: 1.25 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 1.25 | overall: 1.5

Grew up on this stuff, which is probably the only reason I ever drink it now. Good for learning, that is about it. I'd put Miller Light a bit higher. (151 characters)

2.32/5  rDev +17.8%
look: 2 | smell: 1.75 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 2.25 | overall: 2.75

Great beer if your a person looking to drink a large amount and want to scrub out on a case. Good beer compared to other light beers such as miller or coors, yet nothing I would ever bring up in conversation with someone who knows anything about a good true beer with character.

Again... if your in college looking to drink a good amount for a cheap price then maybe, but in retrospect, nothing special by any means. Just another watery type brew thats sold at gas stations.

-J (480 characters)

2.07/5  rDev +5.1%

Enjoyed on tap at Breen's.

A - Poured into a pink glass a pale straw hue with a fizzy quarter inch head that faded at typical adjunct lager rate. That is, quick and fizzy.

S - Light bread and adjunct notes along with some malt sweetness. Bland.

T - Taste is pretty much identical as the nose. Wet bread, sweeter malts, cereal grains. Bland.

M - Mouthfeel is alright carbonation, crisp, watery, thin.

O - Overall, this beer is appropriate in large social gatherings watching sports games on TV. In doing that, this beer succeeds.

Serving Type: On tap (556 characters)

1.85/5  rDev -6.1%

Budweiser light.

The look of it: well light the Budweiser, same thing. Very light with lots of carbonation.

The smell of it. Pretty much nothing but, you have a bit of cornyness to it.

The taste of it : There is no taste to that beer. This is a peace of crap right here. After I drink that and I went back to a Budweiser I thought like damn this Budweiser taste good.

So overall would I recommend it ? F*** No !! This is a peace of s***. (445 characters)

1.2/5  rDev -39.1%

Brilliant straw color. 1 finger head lasting a minute.

Bitter flavors of corn and slightly sugary. Almost no taste.

Light body with excessive carbonation. No personality.

Overall : Fresh dirty water. (202 characters)

1.2/5  rDev -39.1%

pissy pale yellow head dissipates quickly

highly carbonated light beer stench

one of the wateriest beers i have ever tasted

no mouthfeel. terrible

awuful bottom line. no reason to drink this. hamms is cheaper (213 characters)

2.3/5  rDev +16.8%

I give it credit for what it is, a very drinkable and refreshing beer for when your say... drinking with people who don't care what they're drinking. Its the cheapest beer i'll buy. Doesn't have a lot of taste, but its very drinkable. Almost anyone will accept a bud light and willingly drink it. (296 characters)

2.23/5  rDev +13.2%
look: 4.25 | smell: 1.75 | taste: 1.75 | feel: 4 | overall: 2.25

Used a Pilsner glass. Pours a light golden color with super thick head that thins to a quarter inch. Smells like chemicals and corn. Goes down really smooth, but dry. Not much flavor what so ever. For a light beer it's not too bad. (231 characters)

1.56/5  rDev -20.8%

I don't even know how to rate beers this low. Really, what's the difference between a 1.75 and 2.5? On what basis do you make that distinction? An "F" is an "F", know what I mean? Crap in a can. Why NOT just drink water?

Can I also just add that "drinkable" is not a relevant category to me? This may sound sacrilegious, but pounding beers all night isn't my primary goal here, you know? If I drink a 17% beer, then fine, I'm only having one beer, and that isn't a nightmare scenario that ruins my whole night. No one talks about "session" wines or whiskies, or criticizes them on that basis.

My point being that, for me, the fact that you can drink endless amounts of this beer and never get drunk or gain a pound isn't a point in its favor. (744 characters)

1.38/5  rDev -29.9%
look: 1.25 | smell: 1.25 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 1.25

Before I ordered this on tap at the pub (and I only did this out of morbid curiosity), I had never once tried Bud Light. I have no interest in drinking it, and I even said going in that I was going to regret it. And oh how I regretted it. After the very first sip of this swill, I thought, "Should I just let this sit and order something else?" But no, once I have made a decision, even a bad one, I intend to follow through. And follow through I did, against the sea of putrid dreck that confronted me. After all, I spent two bucks on this garbage.

Appearance: Yellow piss, and absolutely no head. It resembles horse urine. Maybe it is horse urine. A few weeks ago I criticized Miller Lite for not being beer. I take that back, because compared to this stuff, Miller Lite at least looks like beer.

Aroma: The faintest smell of skunk. That's it.

Taste: Just forget it. There is really nothing here to speak of. I am not even sure why I'm bothering here really. This is just awful beer.

Mouthfeel: No carbonation, no discernible sensory input here. Nothing. It's just nothing.

Overall: I am not sure what accounts for the popularity of this rotten piss water. This is truly some of the worst stuff I've ever endured. And don't tell me that it's popular because it's cheap. There are any number of cheap alternatives that easily beat out this awful slop. I felt obligated to try it because... because... you know, I forgot a long time ago why I even ordered this. Well, now at least I can say from experience that this beer is not worth drinking. That's the booby prize, I suppose. (1,606 characters)

Boring and bland for sure. Not a lot of flavor. Busch light is better. Busch light is my lawn mower lager in the summer time. Bud light doesnt tank simply because it is one of the easiest beers to drink period. Supreme drinkabilty takes this beer where it needs to be. Comparing this to other BMC beers, this is better than coors, mainly because of the metallic taste present in coors light. Miller lite is a little stronger flavor. For what this beer sets out to be, which is a bland boring beer with very little taste, it reigns supreme. This is for people who just want a hint of beer taste. This isnt really something i would compare to Sierra Nevada or Sam Adams. Its just a light beer. This is one of the best party beers in my opinion. Sam Adams Boston Lager was my first good quality beer. i've had so many beers i can't really remember which one i had first. had to have been SA Boston Lager or Blue Moon Belgian white. Then my 3rd one was Bud light. I actually enjoy Bud light. I have nostalgia with Bud. Its been me and my buddy's fishing beer and party beer since 2 years ago. Lot of memories. The alcohol wasnt what made the memories, its the being with friends all having a good time. the fact it was Bud Light just makes me like this beer. May not be good compared to real flavored beer. Its just my official party beer. You bring in the bud light, its usually my first 30 pack finished at the party, followed by the coors light and bud light lime. People i party with also love corona. Pretty much, you will find this at any party worth a damn, or Alternatively Miller lite or Coors Light, or Busch too. I've brought busch, we're talking southern parties in corn fields with bonfires. brought some busch light and some bud light, and it was a good night. Any party worth anything at all will have bud coors or miller, or maybe busch, but other than that none of the off brand products. This is the supreme party beer for beer pong. Some good times partying with this beer. Still, lot better things out there. Just advertising makes this sell so well. (2,070 characters)

2.25/5  rDev +14.2%

Experienced in : US
Appealing to me : being "light"
Less appealing to me : taste; good to take only when really cold

I will not drink this beer unless there are no other choices. (194 characters)

2.25/5  rDev +14.2%

I wasn't expecting much and yeah it is by no means a great beer, but it certainly goes well with a feiry curry as a thirst quencher.

This beer has its time and place, and is definitely better than no beer at all. (214 characters)

1.75/5  rDev -11.2%

This was introduced to my hometown as a breaking imported beer that came to own the rest.

I have never thought that it's so great, but nor I think that it's so awful, it's a good choice to drink on a weekend night while watching something with your friends or family, specially because here it usually have discounts, such as 24 beers for 8 USD. (346 characters)

1.75/5  rDev -11.2%

This swill is just above Natty Light. And I mean JUST. Only because I don't feel like I just drank old well water after it goes down. Don't understand how it's so popular. Would never buy. (188 characters)

I marked this as want... I can't find this ANYWHERE. It's so polarizing that I've got to try it. If only momma could lend me the keys to her mini van so I could drive into town to find it.... looks like it's toilet wine again (225 characters)

1.75/5  rDev -11.2%

Why are you reading reviews for this? You know what bud light tastes like. The fact that their selling point is "drinkability" with little else mentioned already tells you everything you need to know. It's cheap light beer that accomplishes exactly what it's trying to accomplish, it goes down easy. (299 characters)

1.25/5  rDev -36.5%

It's drinkable, but it's hardly a beer. If "camo" is one of your favorite patterns to wear on your everyday attire, then you'd more than likely go gaga over this carbonated urine. (179 characters)

1.27/5  rDev -35.5%

Served from the can at a tailgate session.

Looks reasonably like a beer, but no smell or feel to speak of, and next to no taste. A reasonable substitute for water. Only offensive in its lack of "beerness"; it doesn't taste unpleasant- it just doesn't taste at all. (267 characters)

1.35/5  rDev -31.5%
look: 1 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1.25 | feel: 1.25 | overall: 1.5

Had a pint on tap at Chicago Dogs in Scarborough, Maine, a place with really terrific hot dogs and much better beers than this on tap.

Appearance: Pours a clear yellow with no head at all. Looks very much like urine.

Aroma: Like it's big brother, it sort of smells like used rice cooker water. It's more faint, which I guess is kind of a good thing.

Taste: Gross. Tastes like a regrettable frat party, the halftime bathroom line of a mid-grade sports event, or the floor of an Applebee's. It's basically rice-tasting water.

Mouthfeel: The only thing more watery is water.

Overall: I like that it came served in a Patriots Bud Light glass. I gave this beer a legit shot - I drank it with hot dogs while watching sports - effectively handing it home field advantage. But it's just bad. There's no reason to drink this as long as tap water remains free. (855 characters)

3.25/5  rDev +65%

A great introduction into the world of beer, smooth and easy to drink. The beer you want in a bong. It will not get the love here because the lack of taste, but with out most wouldn't be here. (192 characters)

Bud Light from Anheuser-Busch