Bud Light - Anheuser-Busch

Anheuser-Busch visit their website
Missouri, United States

Light Lager |  4.20% ABV

Beer added by: BeerAdvocate on 08-22-2001

Sort by:  Recent | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Bud Light Alström Bros
Reviews: 1,342 | Hads: 5,280

Ever since the dawn of man, since the first Homo sapiens wandered the ancient Earth... Mankind has striven towards greatness. From the invention of the wheel, to landing a man on the moon, humanity has come so far, and yet for every question answered, many more are asked. We still search for an understanding of our place in the universe... Humanities accomplishments pale in comparison to the vastness of the cosmos... Looking up to the stars we realize how little we are, how precious life is. We have built particle-accelerators and telescopes in an attempt to further our feeble understanding of the universe. How can we understand the mind of God? How can we that are imperfect understand perfection?

Webster's dictionary defines perfection as "the condition, state, or quality of being free or as free as possible from all flaws or defects."

Such a definition seems to be beyond our understanding, to transcend anything we could comprehend.

I am here, however, to argue that we have achieved such perfection. An invention of man, more monumental than the invention of fire or the wheel... More so than the creation of freedom and democracy (god bless America). I stand before you today, to share with you the greatest accomplishment in the history of mankind. True perfection in liquid form. The elixir of kings, the concoction of champions, the American made beer, rated a perfect 5/5 stars, number one selling beer in the world, BUD LIGHT.

Our journey begins with a can. A brilliant royal blue and silver cylinder... A certain luster... a certain glow... One that immediately distinguishes itself from all other canned beverages. The way the light reflects off the polished can... A display of beauty unrivaled by anything in the known universe... The presentation is without flaw.

By now we have grabbed the can, unable to resist. The can beckons to us, the promise of refreshment, the assurance of smoothness... Who are we to reject such a righteous gift? The can is opened by the desperate prying of our unworthy fingers... The hissing sound of escaping air... A sound heralding the start of a journey, the beginning of an adventure. As we move closer, our nostrils are stimulated by the fumes of whole-grain hops, the smell of superior drink-ability. Such a tantalizing fragrance... A scent more sweet than a bouquet of flowers, an aroma more pleasant than the sweetest perfume.

The first sip. A moment of pure bliss... Of majesty, of grandeur. To express it in words is a difficult task, such magnificence transcends the English language. It is like describing colors to a blind person. Pure ecstasy... Our taste buds attempt to tell our brain... I try to tell the readers... There is no language, no medium, no form of communication equipped to convey such an experience. I Implore you, noble reader, nay I beg you, go to the nearest grocery store, the nearest gas station, and invest in a can of Bud Light. Adding a 12-ounce investment of Bud Light to your portfolio is an investment in America, and an investment in your future, and it will bring many returns.

Thank you for your time and attention. God bless you, God bless Bud Light, and God bless the United States of America. (3,212 characters)

I accidently took a mouthful of this redneck swill during a beer-pong game hosted by a 20 something friend of mine. I quickly reaffirmed my commitment to avoiding this corn water crap. 3.8% redneck corn water. Seriously, it tastes like someone poured the juice off a can of corn into a glass with the smallest bit of grain alcohol. If you respect yourself, and don't have a tramp-stamp, please stay away. #1 selling beer in America; no wonder we are in such trouble. (466 characters)

1.46/5  rDev -25.9%

Lets see here.... The appearance looks like urine. It also smells like urine. Taste is comparable to ball sweat. Mouthfeel is watery and thin. Overall terrible lager. However it doesnt taste as bad in a can. In the can its actually rather sweet and i would describe it as malty. (278 characters)

1.41/5  rDev -28.4%
look: 1.5 | smell: 1 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 1.75 | overall: 1.5

Pours a piss yellow color with a head that disappears in seconds. Smells like a skunked beer when it's chilled. Tastes like every other mass produced american lager, malty and makes you want to finish it as fast as possible trying to avoid what it tastes like if it gets to a balmy 40 degrees Fahrenheit. Honestly wasn't in my mouth long enough to tell you how it felt. Sadly, I will buy it again just because it's cheap and it's hard to argue with 14 bucks for a case. Please don't let your friends let this be their first beer. (529 characters)

1.98/5  rDev +0.5%

12 oz. bottle, with bottled on date April 23, 2014 printed on the label. At long last I am finally getting around to reviewing this staple American adjunct lager. Expecting poor and awful things.

Poured into a Firestone Walker pint glass.

A - Pours the typical clear pale yellow water color with about a finger of white bubbles that fades away into nothing quick.

S - The smell is grainy, dusty, and adjunctive. Dusty wheat, wet cardboard, and some coiny metallics.

T - The taste is what I have come to expect from cheap awful American adjunct lagers everywhere - grainy, malty, papery, and watery. Not harsh or offensive, but it is like drinking beer flavored water.

M - THe feel is crisp, clean, and watery. Light-bodied with adequate carbonation. Easy drinking; probably this beer's only redeeming feature.

Overall, not harsh or offensive, and I have clearly had worse beers, but this is definitely not going to ever be my first choice in beers. The use of rice as an adjunct is basically indistinguishable to me from the corn used in swill like Miller Lite. Another tick from the bottom of the barrel with plenty more to go.

Bud Light ---2/5. (1,153 characters)

1.75/5  rDev -11.2%
look: 2.25 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1.75 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 2

Pours a pale straw with a huge white head that dissipates quickly. The nose is bland. The flavor profile tastes like watery corn. Even in my days of regularly drinking AALs, I simply could not handle diet AALs. I can’t believe that people buy this beer by the case and consume mass quantities of it – there must be a better way of getting plastered. (353 characters)

1.59/5  rDev -19.3%
look: 1.25 | smell: 1 | taste: 2 | feel: 1.75 | overall: 1.5

A- 12oz can poured into a pint glass for the review. Straw colored uber-pale yellow body that is filtered to crystalline clear. A head forms for about one second with a fizzy texture. Cap goes away completely and no lace remains, ever.

S- Diluted grainy and corny water. Lightest possible bit of lager yeast. After a while I fail to get anything here.

T- Flavor makes me think of taking a bottle of plain seltzer and mixing it with a few grains and a dash of regular Bud. Diluted corn, cracked barley, lager yeast bread and a tiny hint of fruit. Slight BO funk.

MF- Very light bodied with just a hint of frothy texture but it is mostly fizz. Carbonation hits a seltzer water level and you can even taste it a bit.

Has just a bit more flavor than Bud-55 but still almost none when it comes down to it. No over the top off-flavors like people describe but nothing good to speak of. (883 characters)

2.19/5  rDev +11.2%

Pours a clear straw color with a nice 2 inch head that dissipates quickly leaving no lacing in a 16oz pub glass. As far as appearances go, this has a nice look to it.

Smell is not great. Mostly grains, maybe some yeast.

Taste is very watery. Get some grains with the crispness of a lager. Very watery.

Feel is watery but with a nice crispness and great carbonation. Next to looks, feel is the best part of this beer.

Overall, it is what it is. It is a great beer for when your hot, sweaty and need a thirst quencher. I drank this for the beginning of my adult life and many of my friends drink it, a lot of it. I will take one of these if it left at my house or a friend swaps one of these for one of my more tasty brews but I surely would not buy it. (757 characters)

1.56/5  rDev -20.8%

The ubiquitous beer I've had too much of. On tap at BWW

A: Clear straw yellow. Almost no head and dissipates quickly.

S: Possibly some corn and grains. Very little smell over the bar.

T: Maybe a bit of malts...maybe? It's not gross but has really no taste.

M: Bud Light really doesn't have a bad mouth feel. This pour is very fresh and light
on the palate. Best aspect.

I drink Pabst and Miller for cheap beer. I keep some of this on hand when I'm out of craft beer and don't wanna stop or funds are low. I rarely to never drink Bud unless it is free. (558 characters)

1.69/5  rDev -14.2%
look: 2 | smell: 1.75 | taste: 1.75 | feel: 1 | overall: 1.75

Drunk from a Weizen glass.

A: Light, very clear. One finger of head that dissipates to nothing in less than a minute. Little carbonation.

S: Light, somewhat sweet smell of grains, like oats.

T: Nothing special. Large lack of flavor. Almost like someone sweetened sparkling water.

M: Very smooth, coats the mouth, but leaves an almost sour aftertaste.

O: Hell, it tastes watered down and it's 4.2%. Clearly designed for someone trying to throw a few back. Clearly a youth party favorite, but if drunk for appreciation, nothing to write home about or purchase in the first place. (584 characters)

1.1/5  rDev -44.2%

"This isn't beer". . .

I must have said that out-loud about 12 times to my wife as we watched the X-Files while I drank this stuff. And it really isn't. This isn't beer. It has less flavor than water. At least water has a refreshing crispness. This is like tap water with sweaty sock juice squeezed into it.

And it's like friggin $6 for 6 x 12oz
Horrible piss juice packed in those ultra-hip blue containers and sold for nearly as much as a wholesome, flavorful craft effort.

Wake up people. You could buy a craft brew for nearly the same price, water it down to like 2/3rds water and 1/3rd of the craft beer, and it would still have more flavor than Bud Light and you'd probably have 3 x as much fluid oz for your buck. (724 characters)

1.59/5  rDev -19.3%

Looks like beer, but very pale. Head does not resemble beer. Looks like urine, including the bubbles

Smells like bread, or cereal. A little sweet, a little bit of BO

Tastes like someone wrung out their sweaty gym socks in a can and managed to make it alcoholic. Very, very watered down. Does not taste like beer. There is a slight corn-y/bread-y taste.

mouthfeel - very thin. no body. drinks like soda water.

overall piss poor. will not drink again. (453 characters)

1.79/5  rDev -9.1%
look: 1.75 | smell: 2 | taste: 1.75 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 1.75

Serving: Can into cup
Served: 7 May 2014 as part of AAL tournament bracket

Appearance: Pours a pale, thin-looking yellow with a fizzy white head. The head looks more like a soda head than a beer head- the bubbles are big and fade quickly, rather than being soapy and sticking around. One of the palest of the seven beers in contention for the bracket.

Smell: Sweet grain and some slightly astringent earthiness.

Taste: Is there a taste? This one tasted like sweet and earthy water and lacked character in almost every respect. One of the worst tasting beers I've ever had.

Mouthfeel: Of the seven beers in the bracket, this one was the thinnest and most watery.

Overall: One of the worst beers I've ever had. (713 characters)

1.84/5  rDev -6.6%
look: 2 | smell: 1.75 | taste: 2 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 1.75

The beer comes in a watery golden color.

The beer has a stinky sock quality, hints towards bleu cheese. A sweet grainy and cereal note as well.

The beer has corn cereal flavors with a huge lack of flavor from the watery qualities of the beer. It almost tastes like seltzer with how watery this beer is. (304 characters)

2.56/5  rDev +29.9%
look: 2.25 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 3.25 | overall: 2.5

Let me start by saying, I haven't drank a bud light in a looong time. Before I go further I wouldn't consider my self a connoisseur but perhaps a bit of a snob, though you'll still find me with a steel reserve in my hand now and again. I love lagunitas, breckenridge, firestone, bell's, and one of my favorite beers of all time is founder's breakfast stout....Damn it's good.

My point being that I like good beer, and surprisingly...I like bud light. I just drank one for the first time in forever and kind of hated myself for a second. Now don't get me wrong. It doesn't hold a candle to any beer any brewery I mentioned makes, or other great craft brews. It has its own charm though.

I won't go into appearance and yada yada yada, but I'll point out some good things. It's refreshing as hell. No bad aftertaste, mild taste in general. It's the perrier of beers. That's what it has going for it. It's not off-putting, you can drink a lot of them, and it's refreshing. Try throwing back a bunch of double IPAs or some smoked porters. It fills you up quickly, and can get to be a bit much after a few.

Bud Light isn't as bad as it's made out to be. If you're doing lawn work, or watching the game, why not throw back a bud light? (1,231 characters)

Here we go, to all the snooty people who reviewed this beer... why bother.

Bud light has supreme drink-ability. It's very crisp and clear in appearance. Smell is clean and refreshing, and taste and mouth feel are as smooth as it gets. I love all types of different beers. But I can't find it in my heart to down a beer just because it's mainstream.

The best part is when I pour what I tell people is a home brew or craft beer and they are like, wow that's really good, did you make it. I'm like, no... that's bud light. FURY is what I see in the eyes of people, because they actually like it.

I challenge anyone here to brew a clone of a Bud light and see what you come up with. (683 characters)

1.45/5  rDev -26.4%

First of all, dear reader, I'm surprised you're reading Bud Light reviews. But oh, well - here we go... One defining and positive characteristic of Bud Light is "crisp", but that's about it. The beer is more of an over-watered beer version of a failed Kool-Aid experiment than anything else. There are occasions where this may be enjoyable but alas, not too many. b

Hangover-wise - probably a good choice as a starter. (419 characters)

2.65/5  rDev +34.5%

Its an easy go-to beer. It's inexpensive, goes down easy, leaves no aftertaste. Not much taste, but it works. Its a beer you can go to whenever. Never a bad time for a bud light. Its not a special beer or anything like that, but its a good light beer. Not my favorite, but I've got no complaints. I can easily drink bud light anytime. (334 characters)

2.77/5  rDev +40.6%

Classic American beer. If you don't know what to order at a bar, with a Bud Light you can't go wrong. You can find this beer at almost every bar. It is light in color and goes down smooth. The after taste isn't too bad and you can drink a lot without getting too full (267 characters)

1.35/5  rDev -31.5%

i am not a big fan of lite or light beers as the spelling depends on the beer.
i bought bud light because i have all ready tried everything cheap and this mini mart that wasn't a mikes hard shit or four loko. so at least it's better than that i guess.

its pours thin and yellow

tastes super adjucty, corn and rice and i got a really weird chemical taste like rubber or plastic . gross!

and the big surprise isn't that i didn't like this beer the suprise is that i just had tried natural light and it tastes way superior which is funny natural light is cheaper bud light is actually expensive .

if you must get a light beer i say natural light
or rolling rock but not dos equis that shit is not worth the money , for me i like genesee

im not buyijg bud light ever again the regular budweiser is bad enough but its 5.0% so its it's worth it and it's not that bad .

bud light for frat boys and girls that don't know good beer.... (935 characters)

1.88/5  rDev -4.6%

I only drank it because the drunk guy next to me at the blackjack table ordered two, and didn't want to to drink the other one and gave it to me. It wasn't repulsive. But not good either. I only drank it out of courtesy.

If someone gives it two me I will drink it but will never buy one. I'd rather just order a coke.

2/5 (323 characters)

2.85/5  rDev +44.7%

My opinion Bud Light is highly over rated! Its one step above water! Although it does taste OK, but to a well rounded beer taster it is weak. Cost is comparable to other American beers, but I wouldn't buy it unless it was cheaper than a competitor. I can't believe this beer is so popular because it lack character in my book. (326 characters)

1.12/5  rDev -43.1%

I may be the farthest thing from a beer snob. You can find any number of "working man's" beers in my fridge, alongside a very limited selection of micro brews (or I guess they're calling them "craft brews" these days). I'll take a Pabst any day of the week and would never turn down an opportunity to try a beer, irrespective of it's label and manufacturer.

That being said, I simply can't think of one redeeming value of Bud Light. It's just terrible. Beyond terrible. It's the only beer I can think of (except of a horrendous experience with micro brew "Bent Paddle") that would leave me asking for a glass of water if that was the only beer on hand.

Excessively bubbly, devoid of taste, and a lingering chemical feeling in one's mouth just doesn't do it for me. If cost is your motivator, there's plenty of cheaper beers on the market that exceed in taste and quality. Start with pretty much any beer on this website, including a watery Blatz; it will be a step upwards! (977 characters)

2.5/5  rDev +26.9%
look: 2.5 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 2.5

It's a go to beer. No after taste. Artificially carbonated. Mostly flavorless but a mild creamy flavor. Won't kill you in the morning. Doesn't upset the stomach. It's a good hang out with friends barbecue in the backyard beer. Almost as bubbly as bubbly.

It's not supposed to compete with craftsman beer and it doesn't. Face it we've all had our share of domestic mass produced beers and this is one of the best in that category. Quit dogging bud light, it's cheap mass produced beer. (486 characters)

1.71/5  rDev -13.2%
look: 2 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1.75 | feel: 1.75 | overall: 1.75

Bright yellow color with with a one finger fluffy head with low retention.
Aroma is a bit sour with notes of lemon and corn.
Although the aroma is quite unpleasant, flavor is a bit better. Sweet flavor of corn, floral hops, some mild oxidation. Dry and mildly bitter aftertaste.
Watery body with medium carbonation.
Although the aroma is far from nice, flavor is not utterly unpleasant; still I wonder how I could drink this when I was a teenager. (447 characters)

Bud Light from Anheuser-Busch