Hello, is it beer you're looking for?

Bud Light - Anheuser-Busch

Bud LightBud Light

Anheuser-Busch visit their website
Missouri, United States

Light Lager |  4.20% ABV

Beer added by: BeerAdvocate on 08-22-2001

Sort by:  Recent | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Bud Light Alström Bros
Reviews: 1,358 | Hads: 5,381
3.25/5  rDev +69.3%

A great introduction into the world of beer, smooth and easy to drink. The beer you want in a bong. It will not get the love here because the lack of taste, but with out most wouldn't be here.

1.75/5  rDev -8.9%
look: 1.75 | smell: 1.75 | taste: 1.75 | feel: 1.75 | overall: 1.75

You know this is awful. Why are you even reading this? Mild watery malt base supports a trace of hop and something like defeat. I guess if you're at a social event and this is all there is, you can always leave, right? Take a pass.

1.75/5  rDev -8.9%

I've had worse, and it serves its purpose at times. The issue for me here is not that it's a mass produced, nothing beer, more that I question if this is really beer at all? People drink it with ice ffs!

I'll turn my nose up at it for sure, but at a pinch, I'll drink it.

This isn't bad, but really nothing going to speak of. Its flavor, or lack thereof is the reason so many people like this. In my lineup of Light beers, This doesn't get a metallic taste. People on here tell people to start with the strong beers. Trust me, my cousin did that and he hates beer now. Start on something light. People say don't let bud light be someones first beer. Honestly when you first start drinking beer, you want something with a little flavor but nothing too strong. The reason i say this, is i started with blue moon. I almost hated beer from the beginning because i tried something so strong. Then, my friend gave me a bud light. I took a drink. It was nice and refreshing and didn't overwhelm me with flavor. It was good. The reason people buy bud light, and its the number one selling beer in america, is because it doesn't offend. Its light, doesn't have much flavor and is really refreshing. Nothing to speak about, but nothing that offends either. It gets a three out of five. Its an average macro lager.

Had this beer many times at parties, or tailgating.
Its a party beer.
That being said it's very watery, no real great flavor, Coors light is a better beer, but both are bad. Do yourself a favor spend a little bit more of money or less quantity for a better beer. You might as well be drinking water with a nasty taste.

Unpalatable! Worst beer i can think of with the exception of warm Honduran beers in clear glass bottles. The gray water from rinsing out my morning oatmeal bowl has more grain flavor than this swill. This isn't good even if its free! Friends shouldn't let friends drink shitty beer!!

If there were a soda fountain for beer, this would be the product.

Color: Paler than the corn it is made from
Flavor: Dry, Corn water that was exposed to one flower of Willamette hops at 50 yards
Carbonation: Notice the aforementioned Soda Fountain
Smell: Sulfides and a hint of Grain

Overall Impression: Drink something else

2.25/5  rDev +17.2%

Far from the best tasting beer, I feel guilty admitting that this beer has a special place in my heart when I have to play a concert - I can drink a few without getting truly drunk, just perpetually buzzed. Obviously not the brew of choice for beer snobs...

2.07/5  rDev +7.8%

Bud Light. Bud Light. It's so popular I said it twice. Ask me again, I won't be so nice.

Bud Light is the #1 brewski around these parts, and also in most of the US I assume. What's so great about it? What's so not great about it? I'll crack a bottle and hash out the details...

Serving style : 12 oz glass bottle, poured into Miller Fortune glass (there's an idiosyncrasy)

Appearance (1.5) : Pale straw-like color with minimal head that disintegrates rapidly. Lots of bubbly carbonation.

Smell (2.5) : Rice malts, A little floral, faint copper. Lots of sweetness. Clean water. Reminiscent of Budweiser. A good bouquet.

Taste (2.5) : Smooth and crisp. Fairly delicious. Super carbonated, belches come almost immediately. Nothing specific pops out in the flavor, so I'm reaching a little when I say I taste corn, husks, a little malt, and some residual grain sweetness. A smokey metallic penny flavor wraps it up in the finish. So there's nothing really offending here.

Bud Light is hard to hate because there's so little to it. There's no flavors to point at and say "that's not right". Without much there, there's not much to criticize. All's well that ends well.

Mouthfeel (1) : Spiky, painful carbonation. Drinks like a brick. Leaves a slightly pasty dry finish.

Overall (2.07) : I know why people buy this stuff, it's because there's almost nothing to be offended at and it drinks like a soda. When you have no taste, there's less chance of bitterness or off-notes. The longer you brew a beer, the more broken down it gets, and thus you have "light" beer. I far prefer the full taste of Budweiser over a Bud Light, about 10 to 1, but Bud Light isn't half bad if you're looking for a refreshing drink for the crowd that no one will object to. Best beer ever? That would be ludicrous. Best beer for frat parties? That might even be stretching it. Best beer for beer-ignorant taste-challenged rowdy boys and girls who sit around the bonfire sharing prepubescent humor and chasing tail - now that's more like it.

1.53/5  rDev -20.3%

Hee hawww! I was a fixin' the grand am while watchin' some nascar an' traded a rusty rim for this. I want my rusty rim back... This is what cat piss tastes like when fermented.

A: Cat piss
S: Cat piss
T: hops that fell into water
M: water
O: I refuse to drink this anymore, even if free. Drain pour, it's dirty water.

2.2/5  rDev +14.6%

This is what you get when you pee in miller lite. A somehow more disappointing beer. At least the extreme carbonation is a little less harsh, but otherwise... there's just nothing here. It's like alcoholic water. It's... just... sooo.... blah. I really don't understand the extreme fanaticism of the fans of this beer.

Let's put it this way:

This beer is the definition of AVOID.

Simply because it is cheap and convenient does not mean you should even consider this beer.

Full of genetically modified organisms (GMO corn).

Enough said.

Love life,
I am a Sea Creature (look it up)

1.57/5  rDev -18.2%
look: 1 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1.75 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 1.5

Pours a clear yellow with a thin fizzy head. The smell was mostly rice if anything at all. The taste was a lot more rice. Was not a fan but to just have something at a party. I can understand why this would be chosen. I should not be able to clearly read small print through a beer though.

3.25/5  rDev +69.3%
look: 3.25 | smell: 3.25 | taste: 3.25 | feel: 3.25 | overall: 3.25

What can I say? As far as AAL's go, this is one of the best ones out there. I still prefer Coors Light to this, and actually Bud Select as well, but it is still a good brew for what it is.

Would drink again.

This is my least favorite beer in the world. I can go into descriptions all day long but if you're on this site you have more than likely had a bud light. The best way I can communicate the true awfulness of this beer is to say that it is single handedly the reason I didn't really start drinking beer until I was 26. I had it and loathed it so much that beer was out of the question for me until I realized there was a whole wonderful world of beer I never knew about.

Ever since the dawn of man, since the first Homo sapiens wandered the ancient Earth... Mankind has striven towards greatness. From the invention of the wheel, to landing a man on the moon, humanity has come so far, and yet for every question answered, many more are asked. We still search for an understanding of our place in the universe... Humanities accomplishments pale in comparison to the vastness of the cosmos... Looking up to the stars we realize how little we are, how precious life is. We have built particle-accelerators and telescopes in an attempt to further our feeble understanding of the universe. How can we understand the mind of God? How can we that are imperfect understand perfection?

Webster's dictionary defines perfection as "the condition, state, or quality of being free or as free as possible from all flaws or defects."

Such a definition seems to be beyond our understanding, to transcend anything we could comprehend.

I am here, however, to argue that we have achieved such perfection. An invention of man, more monumental than the invention of fire or the wheel... More so than the creation of freedom and democracy (god bless America). I stand before you today, to share with you the greatest accomplishment in the history of mankind. True perfection in liquid form. The elixir of kings, the concoction of champions, the American made beer, rated a perfect 5/5 stars, number one selling beer in the world, BUD LIGHT.

Our journey begins with a can. A brilliant royal blue and silver cylinder... A certain luster... a certain glow... One that immediately distinguishes itself from all other canned beverages. The way the light reflects off the polished can... A display of beauty unrivaled by anything in the known universe... The presentation is without flaw.

By now we have grabbed the can, unable to resist. The can beckons to us, the promise of refreshment, the assurance of smoothness... Who are we to reject such a righteous gift? The can is opened by the desperate prying of our unworthy fingers... The hissing sound of escaping air... A sound heralding the start of a journey, the beginning of an adventure. As we move closer, our nostrils are stimulated by the fumes of whole-grain hops, the smell of superior drink-ability. Such a tantalizing fragrance... A scent more sweet than a bouquet of flowers, an aroma more pleasant than the sweetest perfume.

The first sip. A moment of pure bliss... Of majesty, of grandeur. To express it in words is a difficult task, such magnificence transcends the English language. It is like describing colors to a blind person. Pure ecstasy... Our taste buds attempt to tell our brain... I try to tell the readers... There is no language, no medium, no form of communication equipped to convey such an experience. I Implore you, noble reader, nay I beg you, go to the nearest grocery store, the nearest gas station, and invest in a can of Bud Light. Adding a 12-ounce investment of Bud Light to your portfolio is an investment in America, and an investment in your future, and it will bring many returns.

Thank you for your time and attention. God bless you, God bless Bud Light, and God bless the United States of America.

I accidently took a mouthful of this redneck swill during a beer-pong game hosted by a 20 something friend of mine. I quickly reaffirmed my commitment to avoiding this corn water crap. 3.8% redneck corn water. Seriously, it tastes like someone poured the juice off a can of corn into a glass with the smallest bit of grain alcohol. If you respect yourself, and don't have a tramp-stamp, please stay away. #1 selling beer in America; no wonder we are in such trouble.

1.46/5  rDev -24%

Lets see here.... The appearance looks like urine. It also smells like urine. Taste is comparable to ball sweat. Mouthfeel is watery and thin. Overall terrible lager. However it doesnt taste as bad in a can. In the can its actually rather sweet and i would describe it as malty.

1.41/5  rDev -26.6%
look: 1.5 | smell: 1 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 1.75 | overall: 1.5

Pours a piss yellow color with a head that disappears in seconds. Smells like a skunked beer when it's chilled. Tastes like every other mass produced american lager, malty and makes you want to finish it as fast as possible trying to avoid what it tastes like if it gets to a balmy 40 degrees Fahrenheit. Honestly wasn't in my mouth long enough to tell you how it felt. Sadly, I will buy it again just because it's cheap and it's hard to argue with 14 bucks for a case. Please don't let your friends let this be their first beer.

1.98/5  rDev +3.1%

12 oz. bottle, with bottled on date April 23, 2014 printed on the label. At long last I am finally getting around to reviewing this staple American adjunct lager. Expecting poor and awful things.

Poured into a Firestone Walker pint glass.

A - Pours the typical clear pale yellow water color with about a finger of white bubbles that fades away into nothing quick.

S - The smell is grainy, dusty, and adjunctive. Dusty wheat, wet cardboard, and some coiny metallics.

T - The taste is what I have come to expect from cheap awful American adjunct lagers everywhere - grainy, malty, papery, and watery. Not harsh or offensive, but it is like drinking beer flavored water.

M - THe feel is crisp, clean, and watery. Light-bodied with adequate carbonation. Easy drinking; probably this beer's only redeeming feature.

Overall, not harsh or offensive, and I have clearly had worse beers, but this is definitely not going to ever be my first choice in beers. The use of rice as an adjunct is basically indistinguishable to me from the corn used in swill like Miller Lite. Another tick from the bottom of the barrel with plenty more to go.

Bud Light ---2/5.

1.75/5  rDev -8.9%
look: 2.25 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1.75 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 2

Pours a pale straw with a huge white head that dissipates quickly. The nose is bland. The flavor profile tastes like watery corn. Even in my days of regularly drinking AALs, I simply could not handle diet AALs. I can’t believe that people buy this beer by the case and consume mass quantities of it – there must be a better way of getting plastered.

1.59/5  rDev -17.2%
look: 1.25 | smell: 1 | taste: 2 | feel: 1.75 | overall: 1.5

A- 12oz can poured into a pint glass for the review. Straw colored uber-pale yellow body that is filtered to crystalline clear. A head forms for about one second with a fizzy texture. Cap goes away completely and no lace remains, ever.

S- Diluted grainy and corny water. Lightest possible bit of lager yeast. After a while I fail to get anything here.

T- Flavor makes me think of taking a bottle of plain seltzer and mixing it with a few grains and a dash of regular Bud. Diluted corn, cracked barley, lager yeast bread and a tiny hint of fruit. Slight BO funk.

MF- Very light bodied with just a hint of frothy texture but it is mostly fizz. Carbonation hits a seltzer water level and you can even taste it a bit.

Has just a bit more flavor than Bud-55 but still almost none when it comes down to it. No over the top off-flavors like people describe but nothing good to speak of.

2.19/5  rDev +14.1%

Pours a clear straw color with a nice 2 inch head that dissipates quickly leaving no lacing in a 16oz pub glass. As far as appearances go, this has a nice look to it.

Smell is not great. Mostly grains, maybe some yeast.

Taste is very watery. Get some grains with the crispness of a lager. Very watery.

Feel is watery but with a nice crispness and great carbonation. Next to looks, feel is the best part of this beer.

Overall, it is what it is. It is a great beer for when your hot, sweaty and need a thirst quencher. I drank this for the beginning of my adult life and many of my friends drink it, a lot of it. I will take one of these if it left at my house or a friend swaps one of these for one of my more tasty brews but I surely would not buy it.

1.56/5  rDev -18.8%

The ubiquitous beer I've had too much of. On tap at BWW

A: Clear straw yellow. Almost no head and dissipates quickly.

S: Possibly some corn and grains. Very little smell over the bar.

T: Maybe a bit of malts...maybe? It's not gross but has really no taste.

M: Bud Light really doesn't have a bad mouth feel. This pour is very fresh and light
on the palate. Best aspect.

I drink Pabst and Miller for cheap beer. I keep some of this on hand when I'm out of craft beer and don't wanna stop or funds are low. I rarely to never drink Bud unless it is free.

1.69/5  rDev -12%
look: 2 | smell: 1.75 | taste: 1.75 | feel: 1 | overall: 1.75

Drunk from a Weizen glass.

A: Light, very clear. One finger of head that dissipates to nothing in less than a minute. Little carbonation.

S: Light, somewhat sweet smell of grains, like oats.

T: Nothing special. Large lack of flavor. Almost like someone sweetened sparkling water.

M: Very smooth, coats the mouth, but leaves an almost sour aftertaste.

O: Hell, it tastes watered down and it's 4.2%. Clearly designed for someone trying to throw a few back. Clearly a youth party favorite, but if drunk for appreciation, nothing to write home about or purchase in the first place.

Bud Light from Anheuser-Busch