Follow our progress ...

Added by BeerAdvocate on 08-22-2001

Reviews: 1,405 | Ratings: 5,679
2.42/5  rDev +26%
look: 3 | smell: 2.25 | taste: 2.25 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 2.75

Pours a straw colored blonde with minimal head. Smell is very bland with the only notable whiff being grains. Tastes more robust than nose (not saying much) and is one of my favorite domestic light beers (not saying a lot). Feels like carbonated water with "light beer" aftertaste.

I decided to revisit Bud Light because I decided to do a side by side by side taste test of 16 ounce aluminum bottles of Bud Light, Coors Light, and Miller Lite. Bud Light is by far the best of the 3 big names. It has by far the most malt and hops flavor, but it was surprisingly the easiest to drink. Of course you have to keep in mind that it is still a light beer, so if you are wanting a lot of hops, this isn't for you, but for the style, Bud Light wins hands down when it come to the "Big Three".

I am amazed that anyone could and would drink this and call it beer? There are many other session beers for hot days that actually taste like a beer. The only thing good about AB is the Clydesdales and their beer commercials.

I'm sorry, but i just cannot help being a little sentimental with this rating... So...

To my faithful friend,

Thanks for all the memories!

Yours truly,

1.39/5  rDev -27.6%

Out of all the big macro beers, this is easily my least favorite. Least amount of flavor, and what flavor there is is pretty terrible. The colder you drink this the better.

2.08/5  rDev +8.3%

If you're looking for a beer that's super "bongable", buy Bud Light. The taste and appearance are light and acidic. I don't recommend this unless you're looking to reminisce from your college days.

3.13/5  rDev +63%
look: 3.25 | smell: 2.75 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 2.25 | overall: 2.75

I rated this in comparison to other light beers. Obviously it tastes like piss water compared to stouts and pale ales. But as far as the pretty new light beers go, this one isn't the worst.

4.12/5  rDev +114.6%

Rating to style. You think it tastes like water? What AAL/light lager doesn't? And if you think it tastes like piss I have no perspective because that is a flavor profile I'm not familiar with.

1.64/5  rDev -14.6%
look: 2 | smell: 1.75 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 1.75

Bottled
It is exactly as you would imagine
all your favourite big macro lager aspects but even more muted
Golden body with not much head then everything else watery fizzy and supremely dull in flavour

1.34/5  rDev -30.2%

I thought maybe drinking this by the pool in the hot Florida sun might make this beer a little bit tolerable. (The choice was this or Corona without a lime (if it had been w/lime I would have opted for it)). I was wrong. I honestly felt like I wanted to puke after finishing my 16 Oz blue aluminum bottle. If I never drink another one of these for the rest of my life, I will definitely be cool with that.

1.71/5  rDev -10.9%
look: 2.5 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1.75 | feel: 2 | overall: 1.5

It looks like beer, but it tastes like liquid cardboard. I have no idea why so many people choose this over the many better (and cheaper) alternatives.

2.34/5  rDev +21.9%
look: 2.75 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 2.25 | feel: 2.25 | overall: 2.25

Sampled back on St. Patrick's Day on 3/17/15. but like most of us, who hasn't drank this? LOL! Come to find out that I have NEVER done a review on this one so here it goes. Anyway, came in a neat 'Limited Edition' 16 ounce green 'St. Patrick's Day' aluminum bottle with shamrocks. Bottle chilled down to 36 degrees F in my beer cooler and poured in to a vintage Anhesuer-Busch pislner glass.

Brew pours a pale straw-yellow in color with a pretty thin white cap. Some sheets of spotty lacing was seen when sipped. The aroma is really nothing to mention, just some light grassy grains. The taste is pretty much the same. Very watered down with not much taste. Ends with a slight metallic taste which might or might not be from the aluminum bottle. Light-bodied with above average carbonation. Why I drank some of these over the years before I discovered some good brews and brew-styles is beyond me. Overall. why bother to drink this, no matter what fancy/cool bottle they use. This is a below average brew in my opinion.

1.8/5  rDev -6.3%
look: 1.5 | smell: 2 | taste: 1.75 | feel: 1.75 | overall: 1.75

It's a very flavorless beer that's great for drinking fast and getting drunk. Pours a very light yellow with almost no head with rising carbonation, very light taste of grain with a finish reminiscent of seltzer water.

2.29/5  rDev +19.3%
look: 2.5 | smell: 2.25 | taste: 2.25 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 2.25

See review of Budweiser. This is beer for washing down hot dogs at a ball game, nothing more and nothing less. I've never met a beer I didn't like, there are just varying degrees of amiability. Bud Light is like an acquaintance I don't mind getting drunk with once a year.

4.07/5  rDev +112%

A: crystal clear; pale straw in color; less than a 1 finger white head that receded quickly to a thin collar; no lacing;

S: bready, light malts;

T: pale malt and corn sweetness all the way; very mild bitterness on the finish;

M: light bodied; medium to high carbonation; dry finish;

O: I don't personally like the style, but for what this is, it's well made;

1.73/5  rDev -9.9%
look: 1.75 | smell: 1.75 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 1.75

Great barbecue joint, but I wish they had more than Bud., Corona, and Bud. Light. Here goes:

A: Fizzy yellow, little head and no lacing. At least the carbonation is good.

S: Corn, some barley. Mostly corn, though.

T: Corn with some barley at the back of the palate. Mostly corn, though. Very watery.

F: Too watery.

O: Bleh.

2.44/5  rDev +27.1%
look: 2 | smell: 2.25 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 2.25 | overall: 2.75

I actually don't find this to be a terrible beer. It's nothing good by any means, but it's not bad. Definitely better than the regular version. However, there are handfuls upon handfuls of better alternatives.

2.07/5  rDev +7.8%
look: 1.25 | smell: 1.75 | taste: 2 | feel: 3.25 | overall: 2.25

Pours a fizzy light yellow color. With a small, yet lively, head which dissipates more or less instantaneously. Looks like Fanta Lemon.

Smells like sweet grainy malts, and that's about it.

This justifies the light-brand no doubt. Besides the drinkability, there isn't that much to it. It is quite sweet, but not much sweeter than its competitors.

The main problem I have with Bud Light is not that it is a bad beer, but how damn boring it is. Why would I ever buy something as dull as this? Sure, if it came out from the tap in my kitchen and was provided publically, I'd drink it the same way I drink water. But to buy a case of it? No way, I'd rather drink publically available tap water instead.

Lastly, I know this is tangential, but the Bud Light can is my least favorite design of pretty much any beer I've seen. It's not outrageously bad, it's just so damn boring, while lacking in class. This might as well be a energy-drink by the look of it. Which sort of reflects my take on the beer in general. Boring, not awful, which just makes it more hateable.

2.72/5  rDev +41.7%
look: 3.5 | smell: 2.75 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 3 | overall: 2.75

January 26, 2015

12 oz bottle, nonic pint

A – Pale light straw. Very clear with mild effervescent bubbles rising to the top. Under an inch of white foam, with moderate to low retention.

S – Light pale malt, some sweetness from corn adjunct. The slightest touch of floral, spicy hops but very, very low. Aroma of any sort is pretty difficult to find.

T – Very pale malt, a touch of water cracker. Some mildly unpleasant corn, DMS-type sweetness from adjuncts. No real hop flavor, and only a touch of bitterness.

M – Moderate carbonation and a crisp, dry finish. No real discernible levels of bitterness. The corn/adjunct sweetness is not great, but it is also not overwhelming.

O – Despite the prominence of the adjunct corn, this is not the horrible swill it’s made out to be. Its main flaw is that it basically lacks any notable beer character. This is pretty fresh and goes down easy, meaning it’s not the worst thing to drink, ice cold, on a hot day.

Had the misfortune of showing up to a meathead party that only had this offering. Took about 3 sips and had to dump it.. absolutely horrid.... i feel sorry for anyone who thinks this is good beer

1.15/5  rDev -40.1%
look: 1.25 | smell: 1.25 | taste: 1 | feel: 1.25 | overall: 1.25

Take Budweiser, the watered down beer that helped gave North American beer a bad name for many years piss in it and drink it. That's what Bud Light tastes like. Even looks a pale, foamy light yellow like someone pissed in a glass of Budweiser...

1.38/5  rDev -28.1%

I once pissed a mixture of Gatorade, Milk and Bud Light. I bottled the urine stream into an old Bud Light bottle and served an unexpecting ex-girlfriend. She couldn't tell the difference. I think she even got a lil krunk from it.

1.7/5  rDev -11.5%

Typical American adjacent lager. Light smooth flavorless and not worth a full review. Decent for a camp fire or bbq if you in to watching your calorie intake.

1.45/5  rDev -24.5%
look: 2 | smell: 1.25 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 1.25 | overall: 1.5

Grew up on this stuff, which is probably the only reason I ever drink it now. Good for learning, that is about it. I'd put Miller Light a bit higher.

2.32/5  rDev +20.8%
look: 2 | smell: 1.75 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 2.25 | overall: 2.75

Great beer if your a person looking to drink a large amount and want to scrub out on a case. Good beer compared to other light beers such as miller or coors, yet nothing I would ever bring up in conversation with someone who knows anything about a good true beer with character.

Again... if your in college looking to drink a good amount for a cheap price then maybe, but in retrospect, nothing special by any means. Just another watery type brew thats sold at gas stations.

-J