Bud Light - Anheuser-Busch

Anheuser-Busch visit their website
Missouri, United States

Light Lager |  4.20% ABV

Beer added by: BeerAdvocate on 08-22-2001

Sort by:  Recent | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Bud Light Alström Bros
Reviews: 1,368 | Hads: 5,442
1.64/5  rDev -14.6%
look: 2 | smell: 1.75 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 1.75

It is exactly as you would imagine
all your favourite big macro lager aspects but even more muted
Golden body with not much head then everything else watery fizzy and supremely dull in flavour

1.34/5  rDev -30.2%

I thought maybe drinking this by the pool in the hot Florida sun might make this beer a little bit tolerable. (The choice was this or Corona without a lime (if it had been w/lime I would have opted for it)). I was wrong. I honestly felt like I wanted to puke after finishing my 16 Oz blue aluminum bottle. If I never drink another one of these for the rest of my life, I will definitely be cool with that.

1.71/5  rDev -10.9%
look: 2.5 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1.75 | feel: 2 | overall: 1.5

It looks like beer, but it tastes like liquid cardboard. I have no idea why so many people choose this over the many better (and cheaper) alternatives.

2.34/5  rDev +21.9%
look: 2.75 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 2.25 | feel: 2.25 | overall: 2.25

Sampled back on St. Patrick's Day on 3/17/15. but like most of us, who hasn't drank this? LOL! Come to find out that I have NEVER done a review on this one so here it goes. Anyway, came in a neat 'Limited Edition' 16 ounce green 'St. Patrick's Day' aluminum bottle with shamrocks. Bottle chilled down to 36 degrees F in my beer cooler and poured in to a vintage Anhesuer-Busch pislner glass.

Brew pours a pale straw-yellow in color with a pretty thin white cap. Some sheets of spotty lacing was seen when sipped. The aroma is really nothing to mention, just some light grassy grains. The taste is pretty much the same. Very watered down with not much taste. Ends with a slight metallic taste which might or might not be from the aluminum bottle. Light-bodied with above average carbonation. Why I drank some of these over the years before I discovered some good brews and brew-styles is beyond me. Overall. why bother to drink this, no matter what fancy/cool bottle they use. This is a below average brew in my opinion.

2.29/5  rDev +19.3%
look: 2.5 | smell: 2.25 | taste: 2.25 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 2.25

See review of Budweiser. This is beer for washing down hot dogs at a ball game, nothing more and nothing less. I've never met a beer I didn't like, there are just varying degrees of amiability. Bud Light is like an acquaintance I don't mind getting drunk with once a year.

4.07/5  rDev +112%

A: crystal clear; pale straw in color; less than a 1 finger white head that receded quickly to a thin collar; no lacing;

S: bready, light malts;

T: pale malt and corn sweetness all the way; very mild bitterness on the finish;

M: light bodied; medium to high carbonation; dry finish;

O: I don't personally like the style, but for what this is, it's well made;

1.73/5  rDev -9.9%
look: 1.75 | smell: 1.75 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 1.75

Great barbecue joint, but I wish they had more than Bud., Corona, and Bud. Light. Here goes:

A: Fizzy yellow, little head and no lacing. At least the carbonation is good.

S: Corn, some barley. Mostly corn, though.

T: Corn with some barley at the back of the palate. Mostly corn, though. Very watery.

F: Too watery.

O: Bleh.

2.44/5  rDev +27.1%
look: 2 | smell: 2.25 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 2.25 | overall: 2.75

I actually don't find this to be a terrible beer. It's nothing good by any means, but it's not bad. Definitely better than the regular version. However, there are handfuls upon handfuls of better alternatives.

2.72/5  rDev +41.7%
look: 3.5 | smell: 2.75 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 3 | overall: 2.75

January 26, 2015

12 oz bottle, nonic pint

A – Pale light straw. Very clear with mild effervescent bubbles rising to the top. Under an inch of white foam, with moderate to low retention.

S – Light pale malt, some sweetness from corn adjunct. The slightest touch of floral, spicy hops but very, very low. Aroma of any sort is pretty difficult to find.

T – Very pale malt, a touch of water cracker. Some mildly unpleasant corn, DMS-type sweetness from adjuncts. No real hop flavor, and only a touch of bitterness.

M – Moderate carbonation and a crisp, dry finish. No real discernible levels of bitterness. The corn/adjunct sweetness is not great, but it is also not overwhelming.

O – Despite the prominence of the adjunct corn, this is not the horrible swill it’s made out to be. Its main flaw is that it basically lacks any notable beer character. This is pretty fresh and goes down easy, meaning it’s not the worst thing to drink, ice cold, on a hot day.

Had the misfortune of showing up to a meathead party that only had this offering. Took about 3 sips and had to dump it.. absolutely horrid.... i feel sorry for anyone who thinks this is good beer

1.15/5  rDev -40.1%
look: 1.25 | smell: 1.25 | taste: 1 | feel: 1.25 | overall: 1.25

Take Budweiser, the watered down beer that helped gave North American beer a bad name for many years piss in it and drink it. That's what Bud Light tastes like. Even looks a pale, foamy light yellow like someone pissed in a glass of Budweiser...

1.38/5  rDev -28.1%

I once pissed a mixture of Gatorade, Milk and Bud Light. I bottled the urine stream into an old Bud Light bottle and served an unexpecting ex-girlfriend. She couldn't tell the difference. I think she even got a lil krunk from it.

1.7/5  rDev -11.5%

Typical American adjacent lager. Light smooth flavorless and not worth a full review. Decent for a camp fire or bbq if you in to watching your calorie intake.

1.45/5  rDev -24.5%
look: 2 | smell: 1.25 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 1.25 | overall: 1.5

Grew up on this stuff, which is probably the only reason I ever drink it now. Good for learning, that is about it. I'd put Miller Light a bit higher.

2.32/5  rDev +20.8%
look: 2 | smell: 1.75 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 2.25 | overall: 2.75

Great beer if your a person looking to drink a large amount and want to scrub out on a case. Good beer compared to other light beers such as miller or coors, yet nothing I would ever bring up in conversation with someone who knows anything about a good true beer with character.

Again... if your in college looking to drink a good amount for a cheap price then maybe, but in retrospect, nothing special by any means. Just another watery type brew thats sold at gas stations.

2.07/5  rDev +7.8%

Enjoyed on tap at Breen's.

A - Poured into a pink glass a pale straw hue with a fizzy quarter inch head that faded at typical adjunct lager rate. That is, quick and fizzy.

S - Light bread and adjunct notes along with some malt sweetness. Bland.

T - Taste is pretty much identical as the nose. Wet bread, sweeter malts, cereal grains. Bland.

M - Mouthfeel is alright carbonation, crisp, watery, thin.

O - Overall, this beer is appropriate in large social gatherings watching sports games on TV. In doing that, this beer succeeds.

Serving Type: On tap

1.85/5  rDev -3.6%

Budweiser light.

The look of it: well light the Budweiser, same thing. Very light with lots of carbonation.

The smell of it. Pretty much nothing but, you have a bit of cornyness to it.

The taste of it : There is no taste to that beer. This is a peace of crap right here. After I drink that and I went back to a Budweiser I thought like damn this Budweiser taste good.

So overall would I recommend it ? F*** No !! This is a peace of s***.

1.2/5  rDev -37.5%

Brilliant straw color. 1 finger head lasting a minute.

Bitter flavors of corn and slightly sugary. Almost no taste.

Light body with excessive carbonation. No personality.

Overall : Fresh dirty water.

1.2/5  rDev -37.5%

pissy pale yellow head dissipates quickly

highly carbonated light beer stench

one of the wateriest beers i have ever tasted

no mouthfeel. terrible

awuful bottom line. no reason to drink this. hamms is cheaper

2.3/5  rDev +19.8%

I give it credit for what it is, a very drinkable and refreshing beer for when your say... drinking with people who don't care what they're drinking. Its the cheapest beer i'll buy. Doesn't have a lot of taste, but its very drinkable. Almost anyone will accept a bud light and willingly drink it.

2.23/5  rDev +16.1%
look: 4.25 | smell: 1.75 | taste: 1.75 | feel: 4 | overall: 2.25

Used a Pilsner glass. Pours a light golden color with super thick head that thins to a quarter inch. Smells like chemicals and corn. Goes down really smooth, but dry. Not much flavor what so ever. For a light beer it's not too bad.

1.56/5  rDev -18.8%

I don't even know how to rate beers this low. Really, what's the difference between a 1.75 and 2.5? On what basis do you make that distinction? An "F" is an "F", know what I mean? Crap in a can. Why NOT just drink water?

Can I also just add that "drinkable" is not a relevant category to me? This may sound sacrilegious, but pounding beers all night isn't my primary goal here, you know? If I drink a 17% beer, then fine, I'm only having one beer, and that isn't a nightmare scenario that ruins my whole night. No one talks about "session" wines or whiskies, or criticizes them on that basis.

My point being that, for me, the fact that you can drink endless amounts of this beer and never get drunk or gain a pound isn't a point in its favor.

1.38/5  rDev -28.1%
look: 1.25 | smell: 1.25 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 1.25

Before I ordered this on tap at the pub (and I only did this out of morbid curiosity), I had never once tried Bud Light. I have no interest in drinking it, and I even said going in that I was going to regret it. And oh how I regretted it. After the very first sip of this swill, I thought, "Should I just let this sit and order something else?" But no, once I have made a decision, even a bad one, I intend to follow through. And follow through I did, against the sea of putrid dreck that confronted me. After all, I spent two bucks on this garbage.

Appearance: Yellow piss, and absolutely no head. It resembles horse urine. Maybe it is horse urine. A few weeks ago I criticized Miller Lite for not being beer. I take that back, because compared to this stuff, Miller Lite at least looks like beer.

Aroma: The faintest smell of skunk. That's it.

Taste: Just forget it. There is really nothing here to speak of. I am not even sure why I'm bothering here really. This is just awful beer.

Mouthfeel: No carbonation, no discernible sensory input here. Nothing. It's just nothing.

Overall: I am not sure what accounts for the popularity of this rotten piss water. This is truly some of the worst stuff I've ever endured. And don't tell me that it's popular because it's cheap. There are any number of cheap alternatives that easily beat out this awful slop. I felt obligated to try it because... because... you know, I forgot a long time ago why I even ordered this. Well, now at least I can say from experience that this beer is not worth drinking. That's the booby prize, I suppose.

Boring and bland for sure. Not a lot of flavor. Busch light is better. Busch light is my lawn mower lager in the summer time. Bud light doesnt tank simply because it is one of the easiest beers to drink period. Supreme drinkabilty takes this beer where it needs to be. Comparing this to other BMC beers, this is better than coors, mainly because of the metallic taste present in coors light. Miller lite is a little stronger flavor. For what this beer sets out to be, which is a bland boring beer with very little taste, it reigns supreme. This is for people who just want a hint of beer taste. This isnt really something i would compare to Sierra Nevada or Sam Adams. Its just a light beer. This is one of the best party beers in my opinion. Sam Adams Boston Lager was my first good quality beer. i've had so many beers i can't really remember which one i had first. had to have been SA Boston Lager or Blue Moon Belgian white. Then my 3rd one was Bud light. I actually enjoy Bud light. I have nostalgia with Bud. Its been me and my buddy's fishing beer and party beer since 2 years ago. Lot of memories. The alcohol wasnt what made the memories, its the being with friends all having a good time. the fact it was Bud Light just makes me like this beer. May not be good compared to real flavored beer. Its just my official party beer. You bring in the bud light, its usually my first 30 pack finished at the party, followed by the coors light and bud light lime. People i party with also love corona. Pretty much, you will find this at any party worth a damn, or Alternatively Miller lite or Coors Light, or Busch too. I've brought busch, we're talking southern parties in corn fields with bonfires. brought some busch light and some bud light, and it was a good night. Any party worth anything at all will have bud coors or miller, or maybe busch, but other than that none of the off brand products. This is the supreme party beer for beer pong. Some good times partying with this beer. Still, lot better things out there. Just advertising makes this sell so well.

2.25/5  rDev +17.2%

Experienced in : US
Appealing to me : being "light"
Less appealing to me : taste; good to take only when really cold

I will not drink this beer unless there are no other choices.

Bud Light from Anheuser-Busch