Join our email list →

Anheuser-Busch
Missouri, United States | website

Light Lager | 4.20% ABV

Beer added by: BeerAdvocate on 08-22-2001

Sort by:  Recent | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Bud Light Alström Bros
Reviews: 1,387 | Hads: 5,529
1.96/5  rDev +2.1%
look: 2.5 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 4.5

This is maybe the most maligned beer around these parts, with good reason. While I can enjoy a Bud, Bud Light is just tasteless. Pours with little head that quickly dissipates, and leaves little to no lacing. Smell is inoffensive and mostly grainy, little else to it. Taste? Well there isn't much but its very watery grain, I couldn't get much hops at all, and there aren't very strong flavors of any type that I can find. There is no reason to drink this save for two situations. 1. you don't like beer but want a buzz. 2. Its very hot or you are engaging in strenuous activity and you want to chug down a light beer that is a least slightly better than drinking water. Very slightly. I can't see any reason to not drink regular Budweiser over this, except that has some decent beer flavor and maybe you hate that.

1.28/5  rDev -33.3%

Light yellow in color. Smells cheap and without flavor. Taste is terrible. This beer is clearly just a vehicle for alcohol and nothing more. After taste is funky. If you can get past the taste to drink more than one than I guess is drinkable but for most who know what a good beer should be this won't be drinkable. This beer destroys my stomach and the results weren't pretty on the few occasions I have had to drink it as it was my only option.

2.73/5  rDev +42.2%

Appearance: Pale yellow, clear, light head that disappears very quickly, good carbonation.
Smell: Very faint. Can detect some barley and hops, maybe rice.
Taste: Very weak and watery. Can barely detect an aftertaste.
Mouthfeel: Light and watery, carbonation is medium frothy.
Drinkability: Exceptionally high.
Summary: This is a horrible beer. I gave it a 5.9/10, or an F. As far as beer goes, this one's not a good choice. If you're in need of light beer, then I would say it's okay. It's cheap, highly drinkable (because it's basically like drinking water), and can get you drunk if you drink enough of it. In my younger days this was the standard beer of choice for parties (Due to cheapness, availability, and drinkability). This beer loses a lot of points for taste and satisfaction, but gains a few for drinkability. So if you're goal is to get really drunk or supply several guests with beer and save money, then by all means go for this beer. If your goal is to enjoy a great beer, look elsewhere. I wouldn't drink this beer again unless the only other available options were the rest of the commercial light beers.

1.61/5  rDev -16.1%

Other than college beer pong tourneys, this stuff is barely fit for human consumption (along with Coors Light and Bud Light). It's interesting that you can get some of the top non-pastuerized beers on Earth for only slightly additional cost. I don't think this even qualifies as real beer.
Appearance: Light yellow
Smell: Rotten Indian food
Taste: Watery with slight hops
Mouthfeel: Watery
Overall: Terrible, leaves you feeling bloated and sick.

1.03/5  rDev -46.4%

I have had bud light many times throughout college and have never cared for this beer. I gave it one more shot the other night and poured it into a frosted mug.

A- It looks like spring water with a little yellow food coloring in it.

S- It really has a foul smell to it.

T-It leaves one of the worst aftertastes in your mouth after you drink it making you not want another drink.

M- Very waterlike and makes you want to burp after a couple.

D- I would rather not drink then to drink more than one of these. The commercials scream drinkability, I scream gross when i drink it.

Dont waste your money on this.

3.51/5  rDev +82.8%
look: 3.25 | smell: 2.75 | taste: 4 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.5

I thought the bud light was very good. The appearance was a light yellow coloring. The smell was of wheat and a little malt to it. THe taste was very crisp and refreshing and I enjoyed it a lot. Best out of the bottle but the can was alright too. The aroma was not that good and was a little bland.

1.75/5  rDev -8.9%

This swill is just above Natty Light. And I mean JUST. Only because I don't feel like I just drank old well water after it goes down. Don't understand how it's so popular. Would never buy.

2.08/5  rDev +8.3%

If you're looking for a beer that's super "bongable", buy Bud Light. The taste and appearance are light and acidic. I don't recommend this unless you're looking to reminisce from your college days.

look: 1.5 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 1.5

The other day, I got stuck at a party at the neighbors', with a cooler full of this and Smirnoff Ice as the only refreshment.
(I guess I coulda -- shoulda -- stole one of the juice boxes from the kiddies instead.)
I vowed that if I was going to have to chug down a Bud Light, I would at least give myself the pleasure of reviewing it.
So here goes:

A -- Didn't pour it out of the bottle. Will bet my house and both testicles it was a pale straw color.

S - Faint, mild corn and not much else.

T - Very little of this either. Sour, with mild corn overtones and, oddly, a hint of saltiness. A stranger to hops.

M/D - Carbonated to -- nay, past -- the point of unpleasantness. In my opinion, between the sourness and the fizziness, Bud has created a true American original -- a 4.2% beer with low drinkability appeal.

It is true that I began to drink this beer with low expectations. But this beer genuinely fell even short of what I'd expected. I'll switch to MD 20/20 before I stock this stuff in my house.

2.29/5  rDev +19.3%

Pours a creamy white 2 finger head, which diminishes quickly to a thin ring around the top. Clear, pale straw body, not much lacing. Smell is not unpleasant, light grain. Although I've been drinking this for years, I never really examined the taste: there's not much there. Mouthfeel is very light, watery. Good thirst quencher that goes down easily, but as I said, not much taste.

2.06/5  rDev +7.3%

Presentation: 12 oz bottle, "born on date" on the label for "freshness". I poured it into a standard pint glass.

Appearance: Pours yellow but very pale... almost water-like. It's almost completely transparent with a 1/4" head.

Smell: Almost a grainy smell, but you really need to try hard to find it.

Taste: Light... very light. You can slightly taste the grain which presents itself and then backs away. Very dry finish and almost no hoppiness present at all. I will say that Bud does a great job of consistency for such a light beer. Nothing impressive to taste, though.

Mouthfeel: Nothing too impressive. Most of the action is due to the carbonation dissolved within.

Drinkability: Easy to drink, but not very fun. I got bored after number 2. I really want something with substance.

Notes: I'd pass on this.

2.45/5  rDev +27.6%

A- Pours a very, very clear, very, very pale yellow color with a one finger white head that dissipates almost immediately.

S- smells like your very common beers

T- Very watery. Thankfully there's not a whole lot to the taste, otherwise it would be unbearable. Watered down Budweiser.

M- Very thin and watery.

D- Better than regular Bud. At least I can tolerate Bud Light. I drink this beer to get wasted there's no other good purpose for it.

2.55/5  rDev +32.8%

Don't need to say much about this one since everyone has had it since their teenage years. Does it have a great taste? Not really. Does it have a great appearance or mouthfeel? Nope. Can you drink a lot of it? Yes you can and sometimes that's what you need but lets just move on.

2.3/5  rDev +19.8%
look: 2.5 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 2 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 2.5

Take this beer for what it is. Not what you wish it was.

This is going to be basically the same as my review for Miller Lite because they are basically the exact same.

Appearance is similar to the pee you have when you are dehydrated. It makes the world yellow if you try and look through it.

Smells kind of sweet and dry. I think it smells like fresh sweat or three day old opened sake.

Taste is thin with some bitterness. Like watered down pinot grigio. It is very refreshing in a way that only fishermen can appreciate.

Mouthfeel is watery and crisper than Miller Lite.

It is what it is: An easy drinking light adjunct. I do love the Bud Bowl.

1.43/5  rDev -25.5%

I hear people say that bud-light is a good beer for young people who haven't developed their palate. I say its a decent beer for people that don't like beer. I usually try to avoid "light beer" but in my experience, bud light is the worst of the bunch. The colour is pale yellow, clear and processed. The excessive filtering have stripped the beer of most of its taste and smell leaving something that tastes like club soda with slight beer undertones. Although I can't say that i would want another one, this beer is very easy to drink, especially when cold allowing high school students to boast, "Hey man I pounded back a two four".
Cheers

1.5/5  rDev -21.9%

appearance: looks like urine no head exept when you first pour it

smell: smell is light not really a strong smell

taste: the taste... there's not really any taste to it which is what you come to expect from light beer

mouthfeel: not really a good mouth feel

drinkaility: if i want to drink water i'll drink water but i'll stick to the real deal beer

1.28/5  rDev -33.3%

I revisited this at a friends house for lack of options. I did not enjoy myself. The color was basically clear. It was like watered down gingerale. The coca-cola head dissipated immediately. The smell was like corn. The taste was like corn. The mouthfeel was disturbing. And as far as drinkability? None.

2.38/5  rDev +24%

Poured into a mug-no real head to speak of (not sure why i poured it out of the can, not real appealing)

Smell-corn and faint alcohol

taste-just so bland, still my go to beer in a situation serving miller lite and coors light though

mouthfeel-its crisp and overcarbonated

drinkability-i could drink it all day i think if i needed too

look: 1.5 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 1.5

A) Poured a light yellow to almost clear color. Intense carbonation that went away very quickly. No lace. Looked like veggie oil in color.

S) Smell? More like lack of smell. Reminded me of something stale mixed with rice.

T) Taste was not impressive either. Could tell right away it was made with rice. Left a slight after taste in my mouth that I wasnt really able to get rid of. I know now why it is a cheaper beer.

M) Very light almost to the point of water. Actually... Yeah exactly like water.

D/O) The famous phrase "HERE WE GO" Means HERE WE GO ON OUR WAY TO A HORRIBLE HANGOVER. I now know why people can drink an entire case of this.

2.76/5  rDev +43.8%

A- light in color, yellowish with little to no head

S - Corn adjunct, enough said

T- a lot of carbonation in this beer which some people desire. This really inhibits the ability of the tongue to make a decision on the taste

M - best served ice cold, this way you don't feel it

D - what i would call an ideal session bear. readily available and just about everyone imaginable is familiar with it..

3.15/5  rDev +64.1%

Graded Purely According to Style (though the word "style" might be offended...)

A: The only thing that might be lighter and fizzier is urinating after the 3rd or 4th one (Sorry to be so crude, but I thought it to be true). That said:

S: Salt, Seaweed, Campfire, Lowtide... I had this at the beach so even with my nose stuffed into the can - that's how it smelled - good times!

T: Completely inoffensive. Grain flavored, bubbly mineral water. No better, no worse - inoffensive.

M: Completely to style. Again - grain flavored mineral water, Very clean, very much Perrier. Very easy to session.

O: Very according to style, this is this common denominator, this is inoffensive, this is cheap, this is FREE with Mexican food at the after race party; so I can't bash it too much!! ;-)

2.51/5  rDev +30.7%

This is not a beer that I buy when I'm wanting good beer. This is the beer I buy when I am getting ready to watch a sporting event (football) and need something cheap that goes down like water all the while still helping me feel the effects of alcohol!

2.77/5  rDev +44.3%

Classic American beer. If you don't know what to order at a bar, with a Bud Light you can't go wrong. You can find this beer at almost every bar. It is light in color and goes down smooth. The after taste isn't too bad and you can drink a lot without getting too full

2.07/5  rDev +7.8%
look: 2 | smell: 1.25 | taste: 2.25 | feel: 3 | overall: 2.25

Light, watery, skunky, cheap. If you are OK with all of those than this is the beer for you. Not really any beer flavor here at all. Made for people who don't really enjoy the taste of beer but like social aspect of drinking throughout the day. If you take all that into account this beer does the job.

3.67/5  rDev +91.1%

There are two things that perplex me. One, the fact that some people will hate any AB product de facto. Secondly, that a ''beer advocate" would drink a lite beer expecting some mona lisa type masterpiece in a glass. It's fucking light beer. If you want a beer good for drinking with a diverse crowd this is the right beer. If you want a beer that you can drink in mass quanities with no problem, this is the right beer. If you want something complex and interesting then find something that was meant to be complex and interesting.

Bud Light from Anheuser-Busch