Bud Light - Anheuser-Busch

Anheuser-Busch visit their website
Missouri, United States

Light Lager |  4.20% ABV

Beer added by: BeerAdvocate on 08-22-2001

Sort by:  Recent | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Bud Light Alström Bros
Reviews: 1,343 | Hads: 5,284
1.6/5  rDev -18.8%
look: 1.5 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 2

A: Very light straw colored

S: Not too pronounced. Slight corn smell, also stale water sort of smell

T: Is someone told me this was gold colored carbonated water I would believe it. There is really no sort of taste. The carbonation adds some bite, but there is no body to balance the taste. There is no real malt profile

M: Feels horrible. It feels thin with some edge to it, and not a nice hoppy edge, but just an over-carbonated to make up for no flavor sort of edge.

D: If you are trying to get drunk then this stuff is cheap and goes
down like slightly contaminated water. You can have a lot and not feel too bloated. I think there are other alternatives to cheap beer that are better, like a yuengling. Its sort of sad that America thinks of this as America's Beer. There is so much more out there. (808 characters)

2.45/5  rDev +24.4%

A drier version of the American adjunct light lager. Whereas Miller is sweeter, Bud Light is a little drier with more pronounced carbonation showing through. Like Miller Lite, it is a definite beer for long chugging sessions. Buzz is guaranteed. So is an overflowing bladder and numbed taste buds, forgotten nights, discarded clothing, etc. A beer for long parties where sustainability is key and drunkeness is the goal. Taste? Seriously, WTF? Are we drinking this style for our dedication to craftmanship here? What the hell! (526 characters)

2.38/5  rDev +20.8%

The ubiquitous But Light. Had a bottle over at my Uncle Mike's. Watery, to say the least. Very little flavor, but not unpleasant. No aftertaste, but not much actual taste either. As the ads say, quite drinkable, which is better than nothing, and low cal. I can see why people who want to get drunk fast suck these things down--you could down a six pack without noticing it. (373 characters)

1.5/5  rDev -23.9%

I just wanted to post something for anyone that is legitimately looking up Bud light. You should probably leave this site and continue to buy cheap, disgusting beer.

I do not think that it is possible to brew anything worse than this terrible attempt at a "beer". If I was unfortunate enough to only have enough money to buy a bud light I would scavenge for change under my couch, or save my money for a not-so-rainy day.

For those of you that look at crappy beers to catch a laugh, Im right there with you.

Cheers (517 characters)

3.31/5  rDev +68%
look: 3.5 | smell: 3 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.25 | overall: 3.25

Served straight from a tallboy. Golden yellow appearance and a classic light beer. You can drink a lot of this beer. American beer taste. Toasted grains really come through in the aroma and taste, but there is not much flavor diversity beyond that. A very refreshing beer that has a lively, highly carbonated mouthfeel. Smooth taste, with bubbles, and with very little lingering aftertaste. (390 characters)

2.36/5  rDev +19.8%
look: 2.5 | smell: 2 | taste: 2.25 | feel: 2.75 | overall: 2.75

If you want To have something to drink after cutting the grass on a hot day, that quick refreshment this could be suitable. Personally think there are other light beers that do it better (186 characters)

Not much to say that already hasn't been said about Bud Light. pale yellow, no aroma to it. The taste is water mixed with corn juice and then refrigerated. Bud Light is just another sad product of the carb craze. Bud Lght and all the other light lagers are the saddest syle of a beer ever made. (294 characters)

1.8/5  rDev -8.6%
look: 1.5 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 3

This brew is currently what the youth of America are supping. God help us. Hey, there is a lot to say about marketing and right now the ads carry this beer. Poor students can certainly get a plethora of better tasting cheaper brews: Miller Lite, Pabst, High Life, Schlitz, Golden Anniversary. If it is due to calorie intake (biggest marketing scam in modern day next to tartar control toothpaste) then there is no doubt that Miller Lite or Amstel Light have more beer taste.

But don't get me wrong. If I'm out playing wiffleball or at Fenway and my buddy comes back with a cup of Bud Light. I'll drink it. There are times when it is okay. There are just way too few when it is right. (686 characters)

1.85/5  rDev -6.1%

One of my friends recently discovered I have been reviewing beer. He hands me a can of this and says "Review this one, it's the best light beer in America." Okay...

Typcial appearance, taste and smell for this variety of beer. Listed on this site countless times. Very consistent. Very watery and light mouthfeel. It's nothing special, nor is it intended to be. Best light beer in America?? IMO that's not really an achievement. This is cheap and easy, and good if you're thirsty. But guess what? Water is also good if you're thirsty. (535 characters)

1.74/5  rDev -11.7%
look: 2.5 | smell: 1 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 2.5

This beer isn't really worth a well detailed review. This beer along with a few other "light" American beers pretty much have the same impression on me. Iv wound up drinking this beer on many occasions and before I really started tasting beers I thought this wasn't bad.
The taste is that of water, its really only ok to use for beer pong. (339 characters)

1.6/5  rDev -18.8%

Let's be honest. This is just not a good beer. Hands down. Simple as that. I also doubt anyone on a site like Beer Advocate would disagree with me. ANYWAY...

A - I will give them this. The beer is clear. Then again, if you're essentially making alcohol water, how could it not be?

S - Meh... Let's be honest, there's just nothing special going on here.

T - Just bad. Not good. How else can you say it? It's wispy, thin, fizzy yellow alcohol water. There's no complexity. How this has passed for "America's Beer" or what have you is beyond me.

M - It was hard to come up with anything here. I was too busy choking this nonsense down at a party in a beer pong game to even care.

Overall - a completley forgettable product. It's just a bad faith effort at a brew, not to mention the way Anheuser-Busch pushes around the craft/micro brewers just leaves a bad taste in my mouth (almost as bad as the one left behind from their actual product.) (946 characters)

2.93/5  rDev +48.7%

Well its come to my attention that I have only reviewed some of the best beers in the world(as listed by BA). I thought it was time to truly appreciate what I'm lucky enough to have by reviewing something I'd rather not.

Poured from a 12oz can into a pilsner glass. Nice head admittedly at first but that faded as soon as I walked to my computer.

Appearance is crystal clear yellowish.

Smell is very metallic.

taste, what taste? As far as I can tell this has no real taste.

Mouth feel, water. Same consistency as water, only slightly more carbonation.

Drinkability, I guess all of those commercials were right, it has superior drinkabilty. The drinkability of water. (677 characters)

1.88/5  rDev -4.6%

this is a party beer plane and simple. It doesn't taste great. It doesn't look great. It works great for party games such as beer pong, flip cup, quarters, anchorman, or whatever but it is definitely not a beer to be savored hence i will not do a full review of it. I can only say that as a poor college student it has graced my fridge on multiple occasions. (358 characters)

1.4/5  rDev -28.9%
look: 1.5 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 1

granted, this is my least favorite beer of all time, but it is gross. It tastes like chalk and does not sit well with me, i can barely get it down, and definitely not enjoy it. They claim this has "drinkability" it does not. i find natty to be easier to drink than this. sorry but just not my beer at all. (305 characters)

1.98/5  rDev +0.5%

There are two different types of people who drink Bud Light. People who don't like it, and people who do. All the reviews on this site seem to be slanted away from the beer, which is understandable considering the beers that the people on this forum seem to enjoy most. Because of that, I based my review on the same principle. With that being said, there is no better, inexpensive, readily accessible beer that I know of that's better than Bud Light. No matter what time it is, what place is open, you can always count on them to have Bud Light ready, waiting, and cold.

A cold beer while you are working on the car, or mowing the grass, something that you are going to slam and drink fast, Bud Light is where you need to be. Sure, there are other beers out there that are about the same price, maybe taste a bit better or whatever, but the point here is that Bud Light is the most prominent beer in this country. And it's not too horrible to boot, given the circumstances I've put above. 9 o'clock at night, not too hungry and you want to have a nice beer with some tv? Perhaps a Bud Light is not the best call. However, if you are out to dinner with your in-laws, completely uncomfortable, and you need beer, fast... Maybe even you are trying to pull an all-dayer and you want to have something that says "beer" in your hand every second of the day... Bud Light wins every-time. (1,382 characters)

1.53/5  rDev -22.3%
look: 2 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 1.5

Ill start off by saying that before i decided i wanted to widen my horizons in the beer world i drank this all the time which was just a few weeks ago. I have spent alot of money on this beer so if i feel as if i am dogging it its because before this i thought i was drinking a viable beer and am i a weird way a little disappointed.

Poured into a pint glass, looks like watered down mountain dew. Smells of corn malt and water. The taste is just as the smell WATER. I see why this is "light" beer. The mouthfeel isnt really there as compared to a glass of water with a splash of sprite.

As of a week or so ago i can now say i really dislike this beer and i feel as if i have every reason to down this beer in a semi constructive manor because of how great i used to think it was when i was blind to fact that a beer should should have flavors be pleasing, also the fact that i have drank many of these and that being said have spent alot of money on this product. (967 characters)

2.38/5  rDev +20.8%
look: 2.5 | smell: 2 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 2.5

Pours out a very light lager, lots of carbination and very little head

A light smell of beer present

Taste- Bland but not bitter, well carbonated

Mouthful- Decent Drinkability but not a very prenounced flavor.

First choice for a "Party" lager if I had to choose one. (270 characters)

I do not understand why this beer is so popular...I know its cheap, but you can get better tasting beer that is cheap.

The appearance, smell, and mouthfeel is probably the same for every macro brew light, but the taste of this beer...

I dont know if its the hops, too much salt, or just bitter, but this beer just does not taste good. (336 characters)

One of the few beers that I will flat out turn down.

No redeeming qualities whatsoever. More expensive than drinkable cheap beers macro swill like High Life, OML, and PBR.

Pale yellow and fizzy with no head. Smells like musty, rancid water and tastes about the same. Mouthfeel is fizzy water. Drinkability is non-existent. Some seem to find it easy to drink, but I can't stomach it.

Avoid at all costs. (411 characters)

1.28/5  rDev -35%

This beer is thin, watery, has barely any smell, and I can't even describe the flavor, because this beer makes me literally gag. So I guess you could say the aftertaste of this beer is vomit. I wish I could give it a zero on taste and drinkability. I don't understand how my friends can chug these by the bucket at a bar. (321 characters)

2.96/5  rDev +50.3%

Bud Light is a solid choice in its category in my opinion. Nothing about the beer is particularly exceptional. The look is pale yellow, it poors very average with little head, and the taste is very bland and unnoticable. But in each of these categories, it rises above other brands of similar style like Coors Light, Miller, etc. and it seems to have more flavor than it's counterparts. (386 characters)

1.3/5  rDev -34%

A: Light yellow color. Crystal clear. Zero head.

S: Smell of slight grain, but nothing really there.

T: Watery pilsner taste devoid of any hop flavor.

D: Yes you can drink 50 of these in a single sitting... you still won't be drunk but you can.

Listen, it is what it is. Some people don't drink for flavor, they drink the easiest thing they can. The only redeeming factor to this beer is the fact that you can drink 400 if it's the only thing around. I get into this situation in remote areas and you just have to get through it. Better than water... maybe... (563 characters)

2.03/5  rDev +3%

Had one the other night because that was all that was available. I'd forgotten how watery a beer can be, and yet not be water. Mild and slightly sweet, a beer designed for mass consumption by the masses. When I drink Bud Light, I feel as if my soul has been sacrificed to the Gods of mediocrity. (295 characters)

1.69/5  rDev -14.2%
look: 2 | smell: 1.75 | taste: 1.75 | feel: 1 | overall: 1.75

Drunk from a Weizen glass.

A: Light, very clear. One finger of head that dissipates to nothing in less than a minute. Little carbonation.

S: Light, somewhat sweet smell of grains, like oats.

T: Nothing special. Large lack of flavor. Almost like someone sweetened sparkling water.

M: Very smooth, coats the mouth, but leaves an almost sour aftertaste.

O: Hell, it tastes watered down and it's 4.2%. Clearly designed for someone trying to throw a few back. Clearly a youth party favorite, but if drunk for appreciation, nothing to write home about or purchase in the first place. (584 characters)

1.03/5  rDev -47.7%

Had this at a baseball game most recently, but obviously I've had it before. I actually got this by mistake at the game, as I'd ordered a budweiser but the person behind the counter misheard me. Anyway, this doesn't taste anything like beer. It's carbonated water that someone dipped some barley in. Waaayyyyy too carbonated and what taste is there is awful. Cannot understand the appeal of this beer when the original budweiser, while not great, is miles better and just as cheap. (481 characters)

Bud Light from Anheuser-Busch