1. Extreme Beer Fest tickets go on sale Sat, Sep 27 @ Noon EDT.

Bud Light - Anheuser-Busch

Bud LightBud Light

awful

awful

Anheuser-Busch visit their website
Missouri, United States

Light Lager |  4.20% ABV

(Beer added by: BeerAdvocate on 08-22-2001)
Sort by:  Usefulness | Recent | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Bud Light Alström Bros
2.25/5  rDev +21.6%

beernads, Jan 25, 2013
1.98/5  rDev +7%
look: 3 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 1.5

Appearance: pours a crystal clear pale yellow color with a 1/2" head that falls apart quickly. No lacing develops.

Smell: slight corn and grass aroma that is really not too pleasant.

Taste: very weak malt profile with some grass, corn, hint of a green grape tartness, and little bitterness.

Mouthfeel: crisp throughout. Light in body. Aftertaste is clean.

Drinkability: the pure lack of any flavor make this hard to drink. Go find a Sam Adams Light if you want some flavor in the style.

Gavage, Apr 12, 2009
2.78/5  rDev +50.3%

02/07/09- Had at a relatives house.

Presentation- 12oz can, didn't check for freshness info, but I'm sure there is a born on date or something. Poured into a pint glass.

Appearance- Pale golden color with effervescent bubbles, a one fingered head on pour which quickly fades. Leaves no real lace markings.

Smell- Normal macro nose of light corn, grain and some malt.

Taste- Not really a heck of a lot of corn, which is good. Some heavy grain notes, actually fairly fresh tasting. Hops, nope, but overall not as horrid as most macro light beers.

Mouthfeel- Super crisp with a mid range carbonation level.

Drinkability- Do I loose my beer geek status if I say that this actually tasted good at the time I drank it? Was damn thirtsy and wasn't going to get to the beer store until the next day. Hit the spot to be perfectly honest. I guess it's true what they say...there is always a time and a place for every beer.

GClarkage, Feb 08, 2009
2.17/5  rDev +17.3%

What more can be said about this? For what it is, which is a social party beer, it does its job certainly. My only gripe with it is that it's basically the same price as micro's yet people still insist on getting this. A 30 pack +tax/deposit will run you like $22! If you want cheap beer you can get Natty Light or Gennesse among others for about half the price and they taste the same!

oriolesfan4, Sep 10, 2008

InspectorBob, Nov 29, 2011
1.5/5  rDev -18.9%

imperialking, Jan 08, 2012
1.83/5  rDev -1.1%

Under most circumstances, can kick or no can kick, I would be embarrassed to have this in my refrigerator. In this case, however, they had released 75th Anniversary bottle-cans for the Pittsburgh Steelers and I bought two, one each for me and one for my teetotaling buddy.

It poured with an initially big, foamy, bone-white head, but it experienced low retention. The color was a really light lemon-yellow with NE-quality clarity. It struck me as too light and too clear to hold out much hope. The nose had an unusually sweet quality that I could not put my finger on. Still, it was going to be much too sweet for my liking. The mouthfeel was light, airy, I felt like I was drinking liquid cotton. There was very little flavor on the tongue. It was so watery and tasteless that in a blind taste test with bottled water, I doubt that I could tell them apart. This is what I had been drinking in the navy when I was MUCH younger?!? Swill! The finish had a light sweetness, but it just seemed like it had been completely stripped of anything that might even be loosely construed as taste. I'll keep the bottle-can and pass the other to my buddy, but I would not recommend this mess to my worst enemy.

woodychandler, Mar 09, 2008
1.74/5  rDev -5.9%
look: 3.5 | smell: 2.25 | taste: 1.25 | feel: 2 | overall: 1.75

Pours a clear, pale golden straw color with visible carbonation and a one finger, frothy white head that quickly settles into a lasting ring.  Streaks of soapy lacing left behind.

Bland aroma with a subtle crisp hop presence along with grass, straw, pale malt grain and corn.  The adjuncts aren't as offensive as others in the style, light or otherwise.  Still pretty bland/boring.

Light body with a crisp hop presence that is immediately countered by an unpleasant, lingering metallic adjunct character.  Some crisp, grassy hop flavor but it's killed off by hints of metal, corn and rice.  The adjuncts realy overpower what could be a decent tasting light lager.  The pale malts and hops are obliterated by the offensive lingering flavors.

corby112, Nov 13, 2013
1.55/5  rDev -16.2%

Served via can into a pint glass.

A - Pours pale yellow with a one finger tall white head leaving no lacing down the glass.

S - Smells like flavored water. Little to no hops, malt, barley, ect. to speak of.

T - Very light body. Very similar to the nose with little to no hops or malt at all. The only detectable hops seem to be the faint bitterness that is only noticeable thanks to the prickly carbonation. Finish is really nothing at all. Easily one of the worst beers out there.

M - Light body and flavor with moderate carbonation. Crisp feel with not much of anything lingering in the finish.

D - Sure I could pound a few of these but why would I want to? If I wanted to drink water I would.

orangesol, Mar 09, 2011
2.58/5  rDev +39.5%

Found old (Jan 2007) tasting notes that I never got around to entering.

Looking at Bud Light as pure beer, as an art removed from the social implications of drinking, it is both uninspiring and disappointing. To begin with, there isn't much to look at. It sits flatly in a glass like a urine sample. The aroma is weak with only hints of fresh barley. The flavor is a touch sour and grainy with a slight sweetness and faint bitterness. An easily ignorable but unpleasant and unnatural tasting flavor lingers after each cold gulch.

All in all, when it comes to the flavor department, Bud Light is severely lacking. What is so impressive about Bud Light, however, is the beer craftsmanship of Anheuser-Busch. In the world of brewing, a finely-tuned light lager is the most difficult product to create. Errors or flavor imperfections are readily evident, with nothing to mask the flavor. Then consider the flavor consistency for the millions of barrels of Bud Light, and you have one of the best-made beers in the world.

tempest, Sep 03, 2007
1.98/5  rDev +7%

A: Pours a crystal clear pale golden yellow with heavy amounts of visible carbonation. The beer has a very thin bright white head that dissipates almost instantly. No lacing is observed.

S: There are light aromas of corn adjunct malts but overall there is almost no smell to this beer.

T: Very light flavors of corn adjunct malts and a slight sweetness but there is not really much of a taste to this beer. There is also something moderately metallic in the flavor and something chemically in nature - maybe formaldehyde.

M: Light bodied with moderate to heavy amounts of carbonation. Thin and watery.

O: This beer is quite sessionable but not very enjoyable in my opinion - it is very watery and does not have a lot going for it in the smell or taste.

dbrauneis, Jun 05, 2012
1.45/5  rDev -21.6%

12 ounce can sampled. Comes with "born on dating "on the bottom of the can...Pours dull yellow and clear, medium bubble white head. The question I have is, how can so many people drink so much of this swill?? This is very lame brew, maybe I'd drink it again, but only only on a VERY hot day.

Billolick, Feb 25, 2005

Georgiabeer, May 12, 2014
3.43/5  rDev +85.4%

Another $2 pint at Champions.

A The lager is as pale as its big brother, a straw color that struggles for a semblance of color. Like yellow food coloring but watered down. A white head rests atop it.

S: The nose is mildly fruity and generally very light. That lightness is a huge difference between Budweiser (good) and this (not so).

T: Very light, the lager trends towards tasteless. There are fruity adjunct flavors, a bit of creamed corn and rice, to spice things up. Hops are nowhere to be seen or tasted. The lightness is a distraction.

M: There isn't much mouthfeel here, a bit of sweetness and then nothing.

D: Easy to drink but I'm not sure that I'd want to. I'd advocate Budweiser over the lite version 99 times out of 100.

akorsak, Sep 26, 2010
2.5/5  rDev +35.1%

duceswild, Mar 15, 2012
1.7/5  rDev -8.1%

(Served in a strange)

A- This beer pours a bright yellow crystal clear body with a big boiling carbonation that races to the surface. There is a pale white head that fades to a small cloud of thin film pretty quickly. I just can't get over how oddly yellow this body is.

S- The soft hint of bitter hops has no depth but has a faint hint of woodruff as it warms. It is almost like woodruff candy but not really sweet.

T- This beer has a flavor of carbonic acid with a finish of hop bitterness at the finish. There is a faint hint of woodruff and corn when it warms.

M- This beer has a super light mouthfeel with a fizzy finish. There is a watery texture to the mouthfeel but it is covered up by the fizz in the finish.

D- This beer really has no flavor except for a hint of hop bitterness. There are no malt qualities anywhere. It taste like hop flavored seltzer water.

rhoadsrage, Dec 31, 2006
1.7/5  rDev -8.1%

I bought a 12 oz can of this tonight just for reviewing. This marks the only time in my life where I bought a Bud Light for myself, and after tonight, I'll have more justification to why I don't. Poured into a chilled glass, on to the beer:

At first, a decent apearance is formed; very pale blonde with an average head with decent retention. There's a noteable smell of grains, but not much else. Speaking of grains, that's the only taste I can get of out of this beer too. Okay, to be fair, this tastes like fizzy water at first, and ends in corn, odd considering I don't think they use corn in the recipe. Thin feeling with a brush of carbonation.

If it's offered, I'll drink it, but it's not something I would purchase for myself again.

DoubleJ, Jan 21, 2007
1.15/5  rDev -37.8%

Pours an over carbonated pale yellow.

Smell is nothing, not even a whiff of yeast, hop is completely absent.

Taste is a little sweet, and that is all, not even a Cornflake taste.

Mouthfeel is present only because it is really over carbonated.

Drinkable as in seltzer water.

Zorro, Mar 08, 2004
1.3/5  rDev -29.7%

Pale and insipid. After adding a shot of Sambuca it became a very driunkable beverage.

jdhilt, Oct 21, 2001

ejimhof, Sep 20, 2013
1.68/5  rDev -9.2%

Someone left this at my place, so I figured I'd review it.

Poured into pint glass.

Pours 1 finger of fizzy white head That fades down pretty fast. No lace. Color is a clear light straw yellow.

Aroma: Very grainy with corn. Light dull hops. Yep, that's about it.

Taste: very bland. big grain flavor with lame hops. Corn on the side. Not something I am enjoying at all.

Mouthfeel: Very crisp. An extremely light body with a high amount of carbonation. Ends with a grainy dry aftertaste.

Overall, not something I enjoy drinking. I will throw a pickle in this one to give it a little more flavor. This beer is not my type of thing. I won't drink this one unless someone offers me one.

mothman, Sep 13, 2009
2.38/5  rDev +28.6%

12oz can poured into nothing as I drank this str8 from the source. Did not check for a bottle date

A- Looking into the can i see the apparent stray hay like yellow color which is so clear that i can see the bottom of the can. Some slight fizz and white bubbles come and go as i shake the can some.

S- Smells like extremely faded hops plus corn and a very minimal malt presence. A bit of a grassy floral scent that is not to pleasing. Nothing much to smell at basically.

T- Like carbonated water with some mild alcohol bite in the end. The same floral smell is noted in the taste while any hops or malt need to be focused on to be picked up on. A bunch of corn and rice is interweaved with some weak yeast. A typical American light lager, nothing special.

M- Feels like carbonated water as well. I can nearly chug this like it was h20 straight out of the bottle. Bud Light has a very thin body and light carbonation. A bit of unpleasant bitterness comes with excessive chugging. To me Bud light out of a can is much more refreshing than other service types.

D- The low ABV make this very sessionable but the flavor makes it undesirable. I could go through quite a number of cans at once but i would not be able to look at myself in the mirror afterwards. With that said this beer has a place in the market and serves it's purpose to supply the masses with something quick and easy.

BARFLYB, Jan 26, 2009
1.5/5  rDev -18.9%

wrightst, Jun 02, 2013
1.63/5  rDev -11.9%

Pours a light yellow color, nice carbonation, small white head, with some sticky lacing left behind. The nose is malty, with some hops, slight caramel. The taste is slightly sweet, malty, slight hop note. Light body. Not drinkable, would not buy again.

Wasatch, Mar 13, 2010
1.4/5  rDev -24.3%

A. Grabbed a few cans from a friend's fridge at a party. I didn't bother pouring it into a glass, but there was some in plastic party cups at the beer pong table and it appeared very light.

S. Trademark Anheuser Busch smell. Slight corn, cereal grains.

T. Really bad. Cooked corn broth with a moderate bitterness. Not appealing and worst of all, THEY WEREN"T ICE COLD. OH HEAVENS NO. The inadequecy of this beer is flamboyant.

M. Light carbonated piss water.

D. I had a few, since I was thirsty and they were free. I shut myself off after 3. I just couldn't do it anymore.

Stinkypuss, Jul 27, 2008