Busch Light - Anheuser-Busch

Anheuser-Busch visit their website
Missouri, United States

Light Lager |  4.10% ABV

Beer added by: BeerAdvocate on 11-28-2001

Busch and Busch Light are both brewed with a blend of premium American-grown and imported hops and a combination of malt and corn to provide a pleasant balanced flavor. Additionally, Busch Light undergoes a longer brewing process that produces a lighter body and fewer calories.
to view more.
Ratings: 1,401 | Reviews: 380
Reviews by PhillyStyle:
2.08/5  rDev +14.9%

I went to a party over the holidays and this was all that was served, so I gave it a shot. There are few redeeming qualities to this beer, except after a few, they go down pretty easy, hence the average drinkability score. Other than that, the beer is light on flavor and aroma and a little too heavy on the carbonation. I would avoid unless you are given no other choice.

3.65/5  rDev +101.7%

Busch Light has a very thick, white, quickly-dissipating head and a clear, straw appearance with lots of active carbonation. The aroma is sweet, beer-oriented, and mild. Taste is also a mild, sweet, beery, grainy flavor, with a slight hop spiciness making an appearance. Mouthfeel is light and watery, and Busch Light finishes crisp, refreshing, and easy drinking. Overall, for a light beer, this one is okay.

RJT

3.8/5  rDev +109.9%

There is nothing wrong with this beer on a hot day, I actually tend to reach for it. A thick, chocolately stout type beer has no place in that kind of situation. Even just relaxing at home or with any given bread-based meal, this beer does with it perfectly. I'm giving this review a higher rating for the reason that it is actually one of the better tasting light beers I have tasted, and I have tried many. For the category (Canadian Light Lager), this beer deserves more respect than it gets in my opinion. True, it is like a fizzy water, but when cold...you'd be hard pressed to find a beer that is more satisfying to quench your thirst.

The worst thing I've ever put in my mouth. I'd rather drink piss. Even bud and coors are far better. And that's saying a lot

2.89/5  rDev +59.7%

I was not very fond of Busch Light, but it is a cheap beer for any college student. The taste of the beer was average, while the smell was below average. Overall the average and below average characteristics of the beer made it a below average beer in my opinion. It is not one that I would buy.

2.75/5  rDev +51.9%

Appearance – This is a nice, deep yellow in color and strangely seems darker than the regular Bush. The head was typically bright light, full, and quick to fade.

Smell – The grain here is actually not so bad, again better than I remember the non-light version of this beer. It’s not stale or overly sugared and has a lot of length.

Taste – The grain manages to be non-corny although it is a little stale.

Mouthfeel – This ultra-light lager isn’t bad in the mouth but I didn’t get the rich carbonation that I remember from his big brother.

Drinkability – Overall this is a refreshing example of the style that doesn’t offend.

1.31/5  rDev -27.6%
look: 1.75 | smell: 1.25 | taste: 1 | feel: 2 | overall: 1.5

I'd be hard pressed to find any differences between this and Bud Light. I'd be hard pressed to find any differences between this and basically any other AAL. I'd be hard pressed to find any real differences between this and a bottle of Aquafina. When the dollar price of a beer is almost half the number of cans you're getting, something's not right.

A 30-pack of Busch Light is $15.99.
That is 53 cents per can.
That is about 4 cents per ounce.

Don't trust a beer that cheap. There's a reason that you're paying mere pennies each time you take a sip. I'm not the kind of dick who always goes to the store and buys Heinz ketchup or Glad garbage bags - I typically settle for the Walmart alternative (except when it comes to toilet paper, I always use Charmin). But this is a different story. Cheaper is not always better. It's just.... cheaper.

Busch Light is the beer that bitch slapped your liver for the first time back when you were a sophomore in high school trying to impress that blonde from math class who showed up to your friend's bonfire. "Toss me another one, bro!" The Boone's Farm of beer.

At least it comes in camouflage cans.

1.6/5  rDev -11.6%
look: 1.5 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 2

Busch light.

A- Very pale yellow fluid..very pale and uninviting looking with minimal head that leaves mild lacing... nothing special.

S- Nothing but small scents of corn and light alcohol sugars.

T- Bland flavors of corn, sweet barleys and i mild kick of somthing that reminds me of yeast.

M-D- Mouthfeel is forced smoothness...artifical.
Drinkablity is a very questionable idea. Poor college student? Go for it. Other than that don't do it.

2.45/5  rDev +35.4%

What to sya about this one. sad fact is there isnt a whole lot to say. The term been there done thta comes to mind but yeah. This is a generic light lager, astringent clean taste, light bodied, little malt. It's just like a cheaper slightly different bud light. the 4,2 is not bad for it;s class especially when it's parent busch regular is only like 4.6,

1.93/5  rDev +6.6%
look: 1.5 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 1 | overall: 1.5

A- Typical light adjunct lager but even clearer and with more carbonation bubbles than most. Big head fades immediately leaving no lacing.

S- Lots of green apple and sulfur, not bad in a "it smells like a Budweiser" kind of way.

T- Vegetative and bland with a bit of sweetness. I imagine this is a bit what drinking the water out of a pot of peas tastes like.

M- Like carbonated water, extremely thin and with just a medium carbonation level.

D- Well this beer probably is drinkable, I just don't know why someone would want to. It smells like Budweiser but tastes worse and feels like water.

1.59/5  rDev -12.2%

Presentation: 12oz can. Stamped born on date. States to be "Born of Natural Ingredients, Smooth, Refreshing Beer" ... "Brewed from water, barley malt, cereal grain, hops and yeast." It does not say natural ingredients only does it?

Appearance: Perhaps the lightest colour beer out there, translucent pale yellow. Thin white lace is what is leftover of the quick foaming head.

Smell: Vague cooked corn, very clean aroma so clean that you can't smell anything else. So clean you can smell the alcohol in this beer.

Taste: Incredibly light body, well manufactured smoothness and a well placed crispness that makes this brew a bit refreshing. Very thin malt flavour, cereal grains are abundant in the flavour but stay clean. Hops seem processed, a lazy bitterness that barely tweaks the scales of taste threshold. Some astringent grain tell you that this brew is quick from start to finish ... by the time you think of swallowing the taste is gone leaving a dryish end.

Notes: Light beer = less calories = less flavour. Why drink beer with less flavour, how much fun is it to eat a diet meal that tastes like nothing?

2.18/5  rDev +20.4%

Thanks to my son's increasing interest in beer, we seem to have lots of Busch light cans around our house at all times, ah teenage, I remember it well (well at least I remember some of it) Anyway this classy product pours very clear, very light and very piss like in color. It shows off a quickly leaving white head, and has next to no aroma. Light, bland stuff. Minimal hops, malt, flavor, and interest. But it does go down easy and if you drink several and your girlfriend drinks several you have a decent chance of having some fun.

1.48/5  rDev -18.2%

I really tried to review this with an open mind, honestly I did. I maybe even tried to hard to find things I enjoyed about this beer, but I still couldn't find them. Beer pours a yellowish color, with a decent but not really attractive head. Smell is of alcohol and straw. Tastes a bit like wet straw, alcohol is present, weird in a 3.2 beer. Mouthfeel is watery and a lot of people give this a high drinkability, but I didn't really enjoy this going down. This is for a party of disrespecting beer, because nobody who respects it would drink this with intentions to enjoy.

1.06/5  rDev -41.4%

I had this on tap at a party. I drank it in a pint glass.

This beer is hardly even yellow! Incredible! When I tapped this, it had a one finger head of white bubbles. By the time I sat down, the head had vanished. Looks fizzy.

"Aroma" is very faint DMS, and very faint raw grains if I work real hard.

The "flavor" is sulfur compounds, nasty, with almost no residual sugar, making this one dry, ugly sumbitch.

The mouthfeel is just strong fizz, and that's about it. It's like a mouthfull of fire extinguisher foam.

This is the worst beer I have ever tasted.

2.49/5  rDev +37.6%

Style points? Busch Light gets none. The can still looks like its from the '80s and it kinda tastes like that too. But this is what my Grandpapa drinks exclusively, so when I go to his house this is what I drink. And to be honest, this beer is pretty damn refreshing when it is ice cold. I enjoy the smell and taste, but it's boring.

Busch Light is really cheap and easy to drink (especially with your G-Pa), but it is super light and there isn't a whole lotta flavor.

2.63/5  rDev +45.3%

A great tasting cheap beer if you add a dash of salt, especially to get that fizz to bring-out more flavor, that's all you have to do. With the little salt, I think it tastes way better than it's pricey cousin, the "Michelob Ultra." All cheap beers seem to have more corn taste, but, buy cheap, save $$$ and add the little salt or lime. Hope this helps some of the cheap beer drinkers out there, like myself. Have fun beer-lovers!!!

1.6/5  rDev -11.6%
look: 1.5 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 2

This is Bud Light in a different label. Pours clear yellow fizz with a white top. Taste and aroma are the same: corn, metal, and sugar. Used to drink this all the time in college; $6 for an 18-pack. The I moved to Virginia and saw they were gouging the NASCAR faithful at $12 am 18-pack. So sad.

1.5/5  rDev -17.1%

Beer spilled in water yellow. Straw is too dark of a description. Smell. Old garbage.

Taste, a little sweet corn syrup feel. A few hops may have fallen into a 5000bbl batch. Kinda crisp. Mouthfeel, yeah. Not much. Could be used to probably rehydrate someone. Alcohol is low enough you can drink a ton of these and brag about it, not realizing you're bragging about drinking crappy diet beer w/o much alcohol.

1.68/5  rDev -7.2%

Pours yellow and fizzy with a very carbonated short lived white head. The aroma predominantly corn and rice adjuncts bringing a sweetness to the aroma, but at the same time it also brings an off tone that just isn't pleasant of feet. No real hop profile maybe a chemically formulated one, but that's about it. This is not a real beer, this is a macro beer meant to be consumed in masses by the masses. Cold and crisp, the label describes this beer properly "refreshing light beer", well so is water I will stick to that. Flavors to note here is a bland sweetness mixed with a bitterness that just isn't right. Mouthfeel is thin and water like, which is why this beer can be consumed right after another without a problem. If your looking for a good beer pass on a Busch Light.

3.59/5  rDev +98.3%

A - Very pale straw color with a quickly disappearing white head.

S - Light smelling beer, typical lager.

T - Great light taste

M - Light on the tongue. Quite a bit of carbonation.

D - I think this beer is great if you want to drink 20 in an evening. This is a very easy to drink beer and if you're going for volume, the price is right too!

1.83/5  rDev +1.1%

Pours a very light straw color with little or no head. Lots of Carbination.

Very little smell slight hops smell.

Very little taste very watered down. Kind of a cereal taste.

Very High Carbionation with almost no body.

Only good if you want to drink alot of cheap beer and get plowed.

2.16/5  rDev +19.3%

I couldn't believe that pouring from a can would make an improvement, but I was wrong.

It poured a surprising one-finger head that took a few minutes to dissipate. The color is the same light amber-yellow and there's actually thin light lacing left on the glass.

The smell is nothing special, but I can at least detect some lightly citrusy hops.

The same for the taste; light citrusy, slightly grainy hops.

The mouthfeel is thin and watery, but not as much as I expected.

It may just be my experience, but it really came out better from the can.

1.64/5  rDev -9.4%

Can poured into pint glass

Appearance: bright yellow. Head fizzes into nothingness. Looks like soda pop.

Smell: rice malts? I'm not sure, it's a very light scent.

Taste: Decent body for a light beer, sort of "twangy" after taste. This is getting poured out.

Drinkability: This isn't something someone should have to drink.

2.15/5  rDev +18.8%

24oz can, a one dollar gas station special (cheaper than soda, my mind reels) in the off-ramp splendour of downriver SE Michigan.

This beer pours a crystal clear, very pale golden straw colour, with one finger of frothy, foamy, and fizzy (the 'F' trifecta!) dirty white head, which leaves some mere island speck lace around the glass as it quickly gets outta dodge.

It smells of rather mild and yet sweet breakfast cereal grain (yer rice, yer corn, yer, um, well, that's it), sanitized hard water, a bit of cold melted plastic, and ethereal weedy, skanky hops. The taste is a reduced gritty adjunct graininess, sweet and sour as ever was, and gently contaminated well water.

The carbonation is quite sedate, just a feeble fizziness throughout, the body light, dilute, and having benefited from the many marketing cycles of its parent brewer and their ilk, consequently smooth. It finishes with the expected paltry amount of faint corn and rice pithiness, and lingering anemic laboratory bitterness.

Not too hard to drink, not too hard at all, if you need a palate (and maybe a soul) cleanser, that is. Not much to say otherwise, not too much at all. Ok, ok - light macro-lager 101 (auditing, only - this crap could never make it to school - oh, wait, it does - stupid college kids).

1.23/5  rDev -32%

At a friends... ah what the hell? I might as well review it. So here we go.

Appearance: This is what Freshman year of college looked like. Thin quase golden straw color with a quickly disapating white head.

Smell: This is what Freshman year of college smelled like. Ever been to a frat house on saturday morning? Yeah, kind of smells like that.

Taste: This isn't what Freshman year of college tasted like. Why? One might ask, it's quite simple; this beer has very little taste. I only taste adjuncts. No hops, nothing.

Mouthfeel: This is what Freshman year of college felt like. Watery at best. Not something I'd want in my mouth for long periods of time.

Drinkability: This is where my Freshman year of college was spent. You can drink this all night and continue on the following day. That's the only redeeming quality of this beer. I mean, is water hard to drink?

I guess this one can was good for a flashback, but i'm sure as hell glad that the Alstrom brothers saved my ass and sheparded me to better beer. I'm forver in debt to BeerAdvocate.

to view more.