Busch Light - Anheuser-Busch

Anheuser-Busch visit their website
Missouri, United States

Light Lager |  4.10% ABV

Beer added by: BeerAdvocate on 11-28-2001

Busch and Busch Light are both brewed with a blend of premium American-grown and imported hops and a combination of malt and corn to provide a pleasant balanced flavor. Additionally, Busch Light undergoes a longer brewing process that produces a lighter body and fewer calories.
Ratings: 1,434 | Reviews: 392
Reviews by TheTrevor:
2.3/5  rDev +27.1%

Hey, this water could almost be confused for light beer! It poured a very light yellow with next to no head. Also next to no smell or taste, just a hint of old corn. Very pleasant. At least you can drink a couple of cases of it without noticing, I guess that's a plus if you're into that kind of thing.

3.65/5  rDev +101.7%

Busch Light has a very thick, white, quickly-dissipating head and a clear, straw appearance with lots of active carbonation. The aroma is sweet, beer-oriented, and mild. Taste is also a mild, sweet, beery, grainy flavor, with a slight hop spiciness making an appearance. Mouthfeel is light and watery, and Busch Light finishes crisp, refreshing, and easy drinking. Overall, for a light beer, this one is okay.

RJT

3.59/5  rDev +98.3%

A - Very pale straw color with a quickly disappearing white head.

S - Light smelling beer, typical lager.

T - Great light taste

M - Light on the tongue. Quite a bit of carbonation.

D - I think this beer is great if you want to drink 20 in an evening. This is a very easy to drink beer and if you're going for volume, the price is right too!

Serving Type - In a can, the way high quality easy drinking all American beer should be.

Appearance - Golden yellow similar to the nectar of the gods. As with other things a little head before you get to the good stuff.

Smell - It's the smell of a summer day hanging with your buddies kicking back and having a good time 30 beers at a time.

Taste - Smooth and crisp easy drinking. Let's be honest we drink it to get drunk and it goes down nice and smooth. If I was drinking for taste, I would have a fruit umbrella drink.

This is a great all around beer. No matter what you are doing from working on the car to hanging with friends its the right beer.

Nothing beats a cold Busch Light on a hot day...except maybe a warm Busch light in Death Valley.

3.6/5  rDev +98.9%

I'm not particularly fond of light beers, but sometimes I just want something smooth and refreshing, so judging this against other light beers, it has a crisp, clean taste, is very drinkable, and is not offensive in any way. I do have to wonder what other reviewers are comparing it to when rating it so low. It is not a flavorful craft beer nor is it intended to be. I will probably keep a few in my fridge for when I am thirsty and want something light and refreshing on a hot summer day.

3.8/5  rDev +109.9%

There is nothing wrong with this beer on a hot day, I actually tend to reach for it. A thick, chocolately stout type beer has no place in that kind of situation. Even just relaxing at home or with any given bread-based meal, this beer does with it perfectly. I'm giving this review a higher rating for the reason that it is actually one of the better tasting light beers I have tasted, and I have tried many. For the category (Canadian Light Lager), this beer deserves more respect than it gets in my opinion. True, it is like a fizzy water, but when cold...you'd be hard pressed to find a beer that is more satisfying to quench your thirst.

The worst thing I've ever put in my mouth. I'd rather drink piss. Even bud and coors are far better. And that's saying a lot

Gives me the shits man.

3.5/5  rDev +93.4%

In judging this remember, this is not a craft beer. This is a beer that tastes mighty good after a long hard day working in the heat. For a light beer, the taste is refreshing, crisp, and enjoyable. The appearance, smell, and mouthfeel are average for beers of its type.

2.89/5  rDev +59.7%

I was not very fond of Busch Light, but it is a cheap beer for any college student. The taste of the beer was average, while the smell was below average. Overall the average and below average characteristics of the beer made it a below average beer in my opinion. It is not one that I would buy.

2.75/5  rDev +51.9%

Appearance – This is a nice, deep yellow in color and strangely seems darker than the regular Bush. The head was typically bright light, full, and quick to fade.

Smell – The grain here is actually not so bad, again better than I remember the non-light version of this beer. It’s not stale or overly sugared and has a lot of length.

Taste – The grain manages to be non-corny although it is a little stale.

Mouthfeel – This ultra-light lager isn’t bad in the mouth but I didn’t get the rich carbonation that I remember from his big brother.

Drinkability – Overall this is a refreshing example of the style that doesn’t offend.

1.31/5  rDev -27.6%
look: 1.75 | smell: 1.25 | taste: 1 | feel: 2 | overall: 1.5

I'd be hard pressed to find any differences between this and Bud Light. I'd be hard pressed to find any differences between this and basically any other AAL. I'd be hard pressed to find any real differences between this and a bottle of Aquafina. When the dollar price of a beer is almost half the number of cans you're getting, something's not right.

A 30-pack of Busch Light is $15.99.
That is 53 cents per can.
That is about 4 cents per ounce.

Don't trust a beer that cheap. There's a reason that you're paying mere pennies each time you take a sip. I'm not the kind of dick who always goes to the store and buys Heinz ketchup or Glad garbage bags - I typically settle for the Walmart alternative (except when it comes to toilet paper, I always use Charmin). But this is a different story. Cheaper is not always better. It's just.... cheaper.

Busch Light is the beer that bitch slapped your liver for the first time back when you were a sophomore in high school trying to impress that blonde from math class who showed up to your friend's bonfire. "Toss me another one, bro!" The Boone's Farm of beer.

At least it comes in camouflage cans.

1.6/5  rDev -11.6%
look: 1.5 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 2

Busch light.

A- Very pale yellow fluid..very pale and uninviting looking with minimal head that leaves mild lacing... nothing special.

S- Nothing but small scents of corn and light alcohol sugars.

T- Bland flavors of corn, sweet barleys and i mild kick of somthing that reminds me of yeast.

M-D- Mouthfeel is forced smoothness...artifical.
Drinkablity is a very questionable idea. Poor college student? Go for it. Other than that don't do it.

2.45/5  rDev +35.4%

What to sya about this one. sad fact is there isnt a whole lot to say. The term been there done thta comes to mind but yeah. This is a generic light lager, astringent clean taste, light bodied, little malt. It's just like a cheaper slightly different bud light. the 4,2 is not bad for it;s class especially when it's parent busch regular is only like 4.6,

1.93/5  rDev +6.6%
look: 1.5 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 1 | overall: 1.5

A- Typical light adjunct lager but even clearer and with more carbonation bubbles than most. Big head fades immediately leaving no lacing.

S- Lots of green apple and sulfur, not bad in a "it smells like a Budweiser" kind of way.

T- Vegetative and bland with a bit of sweetness. I imagine this is a bit what drinking the water out of a pot of peas tastes like.

M- Like carbonated water, extremely thin and with just a medium carbonation level.

D- Well this beer probably is drinkable, I just don't know why someone would want to. It smells like Budweiser but tastes worse and feels like water.

1.59/5  rDev -12.2%

Presentation: 12oz can. Stamped born on date. States to be "Born of Natural Ingredients, Smooth, Refreshing Beer" ... "Brewed from water, barley malt, cereal grain, hops and yeast." It does not say natural ingredients only does it?

Appearance: Perhaps the lightest colour beer out there, translucent pale yellow. Thin white lace is what is leftover of the quick foaming head.

Smell: Vague cooked corn, very clean aroma so clean that you can't smell anything else. So clean you can smell the alcohol in this beer.

Taste: Incredibly light body, well manufactured smoothness and a well placed crispness that makes this brew a bit refreshing. Very thin malt flavour, cereal grains are abundant in the flavour but stay clean. Hops seem processed, a lazy bitterness that barely tweaks the scales of taste threshold. Some astringent grain tell you that this brew is quick from start to finish ... by the time you think of swallowing the taste is gone leaving a dryish end.

Notes: Light beer = less calories = less flavour. Why drink beer with less flavour, how much fun is it to eat a diet meal that tastes like nothing?

2.18/5  rDev +20.4%

Thanks to my son's increasing interest in beer, we seem to have lots of Busch light cans around our house at all times, ah teenage, I remember it well (well at least I remember some of it) Anyway this classy product pours very clear, very light and very piss like in color. It shows off a quickly leaving white head, and has next to no aroma. Light, bland stuff. Minimal hops, malt, flavor, and interest. But it does go down easy and if you drink several and your girlfriend drinks several you have a decent chance of having some fun.

2.45/5  rDev +35.4%
look: 2.75 | smell: 2.75 | taste: 2.25 | feel: 2.25 | overall: 2.5

I have more of these than I'd like to admit. Pretty much flavored alcohol water. For the money, better than Bud or Miller light. For a long golf day or fantasy football draft, not the worst option.

1.48/5  rDev -18.2%

I really tried to review this with an open mind, honestly I did. I maybe even tried to hard to find things I enjoyed about this beer, but I still couldn't find them. Beer pours a yellowish color, with a decent but not really attractive head. Smell is of alcohol and straw. Tastes a bit like wet straw, alcohol is present, weird in a 3.2 beer. Mouthfeel is watery and a lot of people give this a high drinkability, but I didn't really enjoy this going down. This is for a party of disrespecting beer, because nobody who respects it would drink this with intentions to enjoy.

1.06/5  rDev -41.4%

I had this on tap at a party. I drank it in a pint glass.

This beer is hardly even yellow! Incredible! When I tapped this, it had a one finger head of white bubbles. By the time I sat down, the head had vanished. Looks fizzy.

"Aroma" is very faint DMS, and very faint raw grains if I work real hard.

The "flavor" is sulfur compounds, nasty, with almost no residual sugar, making this one dry, ugly sumbitch.

The mouthfeel is just strong fizz, and that's about it. It's like a mouthfull of fire extinguisher foam.

This is the worst beer I have ever tasted.

2.49/5  rDev +37.6%

Style points? Busch Light gets none. The can still looks like its from the '80s and it kinda tastes like that too. But this is what my Grandpapa drinks exclusively, so when I go to his house this is what I drink. And to be honest, this beer is pretty damn refreshing when it is ice cold. I enjoy the smell and taste, but it's boring.

Busch Light is really cheap and easy to drink (especially with your G-Pa), but it is super light and there isn't a whole lotta flavor.

2.63/5  rDev +45.3%

A great tasting cheap beer if you add a dash of salt, especially to get that fizz to bring-out more flavor, that's all you have to do. With the little salt, I think it tastes way better than it's pricey cousin, the "Michelob Ultra." All cheap beers seem to have more corn taste, but, buy cheap, save $$$ and add the little salt or lime. Hope this helps some of the cheap beer drinkers out there, like myself. Have fun beer-lovers!!!

1.6/5  rDev -11.6%
look: 1.5 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 2

This is Bud Light in a different label. Pours clear yellow fizz with a white top. Taste and aroma are the same: corn, metal, and sugar. Used to drink this all the time in college; $6 for an 18-pack. The I moved to Virginia and saw they were gouging the NASCAR faithful at $12 am 18-pack. So sad.

2.42/5  rDev +33.7%

It is what it is . . . awful !

1.5/5  rDev -17.1%

Beer spilled in water yellow. Straw is too dark of a description. Smell. Old garbage.

Taste, a little sweet corn syrup feel. A few hops may have fallen into a 5000bbl batch. Kinda crisp. Mouthfeel, yeah. Not much. Could be used to probably rehydrate someone. Alcohol is low enough you can drink a ton of these and brag about it, not realizing you're bragging about drinking crappy diet beer w/o much alcohol.

Busch Light from Anheuser-Busch