2. BeerAdvocate on your phone?! True story. Try the beta now.

Busch Light - Anheuser-Busch

Busch LightBusch Light

awful

awful

Anheuser-Busch visit their website
Missouri, United States

Light Lager |  4.10% ABV

Busch and Busch Light are both brewed with a blend of premium American-grown and imported hops and a combination of malt and corn to provide a pleasant balanced flavor. Additionally, Busch Light undergoes a longer brewing process that produces a lighter body and fewer calories.

(Beer added by: BeerAdvocate on 11-28-2001)
View: Beers (76) |  Events
Sort by:  Latest | High | Low | Top Reviewers | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Busch Light Alström Bros
Ratings: 1,096 | Reviews: 349 | Show All Ratings:
purpletape

mmm.never forget your roots. really tasty beer. no taste or flavor tastes like corn almost. really dry. as stone would say its a yellow fizzy beer. good when low on funds. gets the job done as far as just having a couple of brews. price is good. 2 for 2.29 great deal. various sizes available wish it was on tap.

10-27-2009 07:05:57 | More by purpletape
Firefighterjasen

Serving Type - In a can, the way high quality easy drinking all American beer should be.

Appearance - Golden yellow similar to the nectar of the gods. As with other things a little head before you get to the good stuff.

Smell - It's the smell of a summer day hanging with your buddies kicking back and having a good time 30 beers at a time.

Taste - Smooth and crisp easy drinking. Let's be honest we drink it to get drunk and it goes down nice and smooth. If I was drinking for taste, I would have a fruit umbrella drink.

This is a great all around beer. No matter what you are doing from working on the car to hanging with friends its the right beer.

Nothing beats a cold Busch Light on a hot day...except maybe a warm Busch light in Death Valley.

04-06-2012 03:08:22 | More by Firefighterjasen
buh

4.83/5  rDev +165.4%

I don't know why this gets such lousy reviews - it's extremely easy to drink, refreshing and crisp.

I supposed there aren't a lot of bragging rights associated with Busch light but it's usually the first case to be finished up when I throw parties at the lake or any other big get-together.

It's a superb summertime beer - you can drink these all day long and not get tired of it.

It's light, it's extremely drinkable and doesn't have a heavy feel.

05-24-2010 18:02:25 | More by buh
TeamSeinfeld

4.6/5  rDev +152.7%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 5

Busch light draft, what can I say, this is a mass consumption beer. It's not a saturday afternoon beer, unless you are in college (like me). This beer is cheap but its very good. Busch light is extremely smooth and good ice cooled in a snow bank. This beer is much better than the trendy bud light, that is much more expensive.

02-16-2004 02:39:17 | More by TeamSeinfeld
RyanBelle

Ontario (Canada)

3.85/5  rDev +111.5%

There is nothing wrong with this beer on a hot day, I actually tend to reach for it. A thick, chocolately stout type beer has no place in that kind of situation. Even just relaxing at home or with any given bread-based meal, this beer does with it perfectly. I'm giving this review a higher rating for the reason that it is actually one of the better tasting light beers I have tasted, and I have tried many. For the category (Canadian Light Lager), this beer deserves more respect than it gets in my opinion. True, it is like a fizzy water, but when cold...you'd be hard pressed to find a beer that is more satisfying to quench your thirst.

09-12-2009 04:22:34 | More by RyanBelle
RonaldTheriot

Louisiana

3.65/5  rDev +100.5%

Busch Light has a very thick, white, quickly-dissipating head and a clear, straw appearance with lots of active carbonation. The aroma is sweet, beer-oriented, and mild. Taste is also a mild, sweet, beery, grainy flavor, with a slight hop spiciness making an appearance. Mouthfeel is light and watery, and Busch Light finishes crisp, refreshing, and easy drinking. Overall, for a light beer, this one is okay.

RJT

02-22-2011 22:35:52 | More by RonaldTheriot
drinktoomuch

3.65/5  rDev +100.5%

I'm not particularly fond of light beers, but sometimes I just want something smooth and refreshing, so judging this against other light beers, it has a crisp, clean taste, is very drinkable, and is not offensive in any way. I do have to wonder what other reviewers are comparing it to when rating it so low. It is not a flavorful craft beer nor is it intended to be. I will probably keep a few in my fridge for when I am thirsty and want something light and refreshing on a hot summer day.

07-04-2011 18:17:00 | More by drinktoomuch
DarkerTheBetter

3.6/5  rDev +97.8%

Why can’t I look at this color and not think of urine? Maybe I should say it’s a washed-out, pale gold… and my urine isn’t carbonated… most of the time. There’s a little film of white that stinks around too. Not too bad for the style.

Well, the smell made me wretch a little, seriously. Smells like mold… and hops. Come on, guys, try harder. This is truly disgusting.

(DTB goes in for a sip with his nose plugged…) Tastes of a powdery barley with a load of crisp corn on top. Finishes very nicely with a sour tang that wonderfully accents the flavor.

Feels terrifically clean and fresh with an electric flurry of carbonation that disappears as quickly as it’s known.

Not so bad at all. I’d do something about the smell though.

05-10-2007 21:05:35 | More by DarkerTheBetter
DrinkinBoy

Georgia

3.58/5  rDev +96.7%

Busch Light appears a very faint and transparent gold. It had a pillowy head which dissipated quickly, but left a nice white rim around the top.

The smell is slightly above average in intensity, but smells like any other macro lager.

Busch Light's taste is surprisingly good. There is just something about its little kick of flavor that makes it much better than other wallet friendly brews. So although the taste is nothing to write home about, it still is a nice surprise.

The mouthfeel is extremely watery, with nothing more felt then the large amount of carbonation.

Busch Light is easy to drink, and is good for the consumption of large quantities of beer (as it is not very filling). To me it is a good alternative if you are willing to spend a buck or so more than AB's Natural Light.

05-20-2007 00:20:04 | More by DrinkinBoy
richkrull

3.58/5  rDev +96.7%

A - Very pale straw color with a quickly disappearing white head.

S - Light smelling beer, typical lager.

T - Great light taste

M - Light on the tongue. Quite a bit of carbonation.

D - I think this beer is great if you want to drink 20 in an evening. This is a very easy to drink beer and if you're going for volume, the price is right too!

01-13-2011 23:40:50 | More by richkrull
mpkenneally

3.55/5  rDev +95.1%

In judging this remember, this is not a craft beer. This is a beer that tastes mighty good after a long hard day working in the heat. For a light beer, the taste is refreshing, crisp, and enjoyable. The appearance, smell, and mouthfeel are average for beers of its type.

07-22-2011 18:11:25 | More by mpkenneally
anthonyd643

3.53/5  rDev +94%

A great college beer, but that is about it. Great on hot days or when you plan on drinking 15 of something. Quite inexpensive.

The beer has an unfortunate knack of picking up the scent of the can that it sits in. However, it does have a greater flavor than Bud light or Natural light, which are both relatives of the same brewery.

Best served as cold as possible, better if it has been sitting on ice rather than in a cool fridge.

If you are short on cash and want to pick up beer, this is not your worst choice

04-08-2008 23:53:17 | More by anthonyd643
pumarocks

3.5/5  rDev +92.3%

This is the essential "lawnmower", "garage", or "session" beer in my casa. You can get a 30-pack for 12.99!!! It goes great with just about any food. I prefer drinking it with Lay's potato chips. It has a nice crispness and a refreshing taste that can be enjoyed on any occasion. It has little to no smell, looks terrible and has a head that disapears within seconds. But who cares! It is cheap and drinkable!

04-16-2007 23:55:19 | More by pumarocks
marc956

3.43/5  rDev +88.5%

As far as light beer goes, this actually isn't bad. Little aftertaste, not bitter or skunky, when ice-cold quenches your thirst (I usually have it after playing hockey) and cheap. Think of it as excess Bud Light which AB couldn't label as being BL, like Keystone Light is excess Coors Light.

12-17-2010 06:02:29 | More by marc956
matty

3.4/5  rDev +86.8%
look: 3.5 | smell: 3 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.5

Very light yellow colored beer with a rapidly fading head.Aroma and taste both have the macro cereal taste.No caramel malts??No exotic hops??No complexity??Oh yeah that right it's in the style of light lager it's not supposed to.What it is is refeshing and light.Perfect beer for any outdoor outings!

09-15-2008 04:15:34 | More by matty
nicholas2121

3.4/5  rDev +86.8%

Busch Light is a Light Beer Made by Anheuser Busch. 4.2 abv. This beer taste like water. Light Amber color. Not much of a head to this beer. Natural Light and Busch have a much better taste to them. I will drink this beer if there is nothing else to drink.

02-09-2014 03:36:21 | More by nicholas2121
MarzenMan

Missouri

3.35/5  rDev +84.1%

Very pale yellow color with a small and quickly disappearing head. Lots of carbonation.

Very subtle flavor but smooth and clean. It has a grainy flavor (cereal). Obviously no hops but the grain flavor is clean and once you get used to it a little addictive.

This might not be a real beer but I can appreciate it for what it is.

10-20-2008 00:36:53 | More by MarzenMan
Bonedaddy

3.35/5  rDev +84.1%

OK, everyone that really loves beer goes for an IPA, ESB, etc. This beer is cheap, yes. But it is also low carb. People with blood sugar issues (like me) still want to drink beer. What to do? Once you get used to this style, it's OK. Grab a Pale Ale when out on the town. This, for me, is everyday.

05-05-2012 20:01:55 | More by Bonedaddy
schwanda

3.33/5  rDev +83%

My wife and I have decided to lose a few pounds so we have started doing blind taste test to find a light beer that has a little flavor. First off I will not drink beer out of a can, so we lined up our first 3 competitors, Busch light , Rolling Rock Light and Michelob Golden draft Light all in bottles. To our surprise The Busch light was the only light beer that had flavor all the way down. the other 2 were good up front but then turned watery. For a light beer this is so far the one we will buy, I do like Sam Adams light, and will save that one for special occasions , but for now Busch light will continue to be the one we will taste test against.

08-24-2010 11:45:11 | More by schwanda
RBorsato

3.25/5  rDev +78.6%

Very pale straw color with a low flat white head, ringed edge, and decent carbonation. Light cooked corn aroma (not unpleasant) with maybe a touch of grain, fruitiness and light hops... Light flavored beer, crisp and dry. Light bodied but fairly smooth; not watery.

Not nearly as bad as I expected.

Can states: "Natural Aging" & "Natural Carbonation", 110 cal, 6.7g carb, 0.8g protein, 0 fat. "Freshest within 110 days"

Born on: 05/10/04
Tasted: 06/16/04

Born on: 04/06/04
Tasted: 07/22/04

(12 oz. can)

07-23-2004 15:59:28 | More by RBorsato
jsisko01

3.25/5  rDev +78.6%

I grew up on this stuff.. so I thought why not actually give it a review? Never tried this from a bottle until now.

Appearance - Pours a clear golden color with a very small, frothy head that dissipates instantly. Looks VERY crisp. Almost no lacing.

Smell - Has a sweet, citrus like aroma upfront. Almost like lemon zest. Along with corn and grains.

Taste - Has a spicy/herbal taste at first with mild bitterness. After a few sips I can taste corn, grains, and breadiness. Maybe a feint citrus flavor as well.. Tastes pretty cheap

Mouthfeel - Light body with high carbonation. Very crisp.

Overall - I honestly think this tastes better from the can.. The only time I ever get this beer is when I'm drinking with friends and trying to be cheap haha.

02-03-2012 06:15:18 | More by jsisko01
bbluemzbeer

3.25/5  rDev +78.6%
look: 3.25 | smell: 3.25 | taste: 3.25 | feel: 3.25 | overall: 3.25

This is not a craft.. For a light beer, and price the taste is not bad. I like it. Crisp and light beer. You can get buzz half the price of miller light and coors light. This is a good beer on budget. Nothing offensive about it All lithe beer drinkers should try it would save you some money.

06-12-2013 04:03:54 | More by bbluemzbeer
BigRedN

Nebraska

3.18/5  rDev +74.7%

Background: Why review this simple, macro product that is ranked near the bottom and not thought highly of? Simply because it is the first beer I ever had. 6-pack of long neck bottles on my 16th b-day (I was underage). It was about all anyone drank, so myself and my friends didn't know anybetter. So for my first review I picked up a sixer ($3.99), got a glass and revisited an old friend.

Appearance: Light yellow. But its supposed to be this color. Gave it low marks 'cause you would think they could just dump something in it to alter the color.

Smell: Nothing noticeable. Again it is supposed to be this way. I gave it good marks as it does what it is supposed to - not offend.

Taste: No noticeable flavors except a slight sweetness (corn or rice?). They want a flavorless product that does not offend and can be consumed by the masses. High marks for excellent acheivement of their goals.

Mouthfeel: Once again, mission accomplished. Nothing to offend yet nothing to stir the imagination.

Drinkability: Went down easy. Put away the whole six in no time. A-B got what it wanted. A cheaper beer the masses can consume in quantity. Easy to consume many to just get hammered.

Final Thoughts: Just like I remember (should get bonus points for consistency from one bottle to another). Since this is the first beer I ever had, if I would not have liked it, I may not be drinking beer now. In a way it has helped me to get to BA, because I thought "there has to be something better out there".

12-24-2003 14:25:50 | More by BigRedN
dhannes

3.18/5  rDev +74.7%

I poured from a 40 oz. bottle into a small Polar beer glass that I received from a friend in Venezuela.

A=A rather transparent light yellow. Many noticeable, upwardly mobile bubbles. Head was apparent and frothy for about 10 seconds and then disappeared quickly.

S=Faint but good...a light smell of beer.

T=I haven't had a Busch in a long time--and I liked Busch when I drank it--but this barely reminds me of that. A lighter taste, not really much different than other light beers, but still somewhat enjoyable. Reminds me of an Old Milwaukee (not the light version).

M=Okay, nothing outstanding, but not bad.

D=Definitely could get used to this; the 40 oz. is priced the same as Bud, Bud Light, and Miller Lite, so there is no price advantage to choosing this beer over others; the taste is a bit better than Lite.

I bought this beer primarily to use as a "ringer" in helping me perfect a Black and Tan...a pale comparison to the traditional lagers used, but it should help me eliminate some darker beers for Black and Tan use, i.e. if you can't make a Black and Tan with Busch Light, it won't be any use with better lagers.

11-19-2010 02:29:03 | More by dhannes
pirate252

Idaho

3.13/5  rDev +72%

Found this beer to be better than Keystone Light for those times when you just want a light beer, like when you have had a few to many strong brews, or when you just feel like your drinking to much money. Hey I am a college student, what can I say, I think its better than Keystone anyways.

Has an ok taste, still would rather have a bud normally, but when I reach for something cheap or just when I am really thirsty this one makes the list.

01-24-2008 09:46:57 | More by pirate252